National rail strikes planned by RMT

IronJambo

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

You do know there's semaphore in use all over the place?

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

I am yes. Quite common, not just in Sodor 🙃

I presume we aren't talking red flags? But please elucidate, this clearly isn't my field...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronJambo

• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

il Duce McTarkin
7 hours ago, kila said:

England rather than the UK. 

It's worth running a fact check on that one, bud.

Admittedly, the problem appears more acute in Englandshire, but that's as much a function of population density as anything else.

22 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

If they're saying nothing then how are they backing the Tories? 

We're still years out from an election...let the Tories hang themselves. There's very little need for Labour to promise anything at all that could be used as a stick to beat them if they then couldn't deliver it. 

Cause they're doing nothing, feck, Wes even attacked the a Union. They're not labour, they're Tory light, so you'd be as well voting for the real thing, if you were English. Up here, They're one and the same.

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Admittedly, the problem appears more acute in Englandshire, but that's as much a function of population density as anything else.

It's deliberate, bud. And I don't now why.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

what a throbbing member he is

What a strange, angry little man he is 😂

4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Madeley is the gammon’s gammon. An utter welt of a man. He’s a shit presenter and an even worse journalist. I have no idea why he is employed where he is.

Edited by Pans Jambo

5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Madeley is the gammon’s gammon. An utter welt of a man. He’s a shit presenter and an even worse journalist. I have no idea why he is employed where he is.

For that very reason. Morgan, Madeley, Rinder are all right wing preachers. They are supposed to be presenters, yet all we hear are their opinions. 

Morgan is finished after his cosy up to his fellow incel.

Tate, Morgan, Ronaldo and all incels.

Edited by ri Alban

The Real Maroonblood
13 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Shouldn't be long until Madeley is on GBNews or Talk TV.

Well suited.

The Mighty Thor
13 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

He's employed where he is because he's bang on their target audience.

You have to put it into the context of a running order on ITV of that shite, Phil and Holly and then Loose Women. 

Imagine now that you're wired into that for 5 or 6 hours a day and then you can understand how the Tories get in and things like Brexit happen.

38 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

He's employed where he is because he's bang on their target audience.

You have to put it into the context of a running order on ITV of that shite, Phil and Holly and then Loose Women. 

Imagine now that you're wired into that for 5 or 6 hours a day and then you can understand how the Tories get in and things like Brexit happen.

Good point about watching that shite every day. Telling you who you should be angry at (Strikers, folk in inflatable dinghies and Meghan). Imagine all the Karen's in the UK getting drip fed that shite every day?

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Shouldn't be long until Madeley is on GBNews or Talk TV.

Well suited.

Exactly. It's where he aiming for.

11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Good point about watching that shite every day. Telling you who you should be angry at (Strikers, folk in inflatable dinghies and Meghan). Imagine all the Karen's in the UK getting drip fed that shite every day?

Nothing about Prince Andrew, the cost of energy, the cost of fuel, the cost of food.

Telling us that more money is being put into the NHS, but forgetting that it cost more to run, because of energy, fuel, food, supplies, inflation etc .  But putting these working class heroes wage up and it's :yadayada:

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Nothing about Prince Andrew, the cost of energy, the cost of fuel, the cost of food.

Telling us that more money is being put into the NHS, but forgetting that it cost more to run, because of energy, fuel, food, supplies, inflation etc .  But putting these working class heroes wage up and it's :yadayada:

Co-ordinated narrative with the BBC, ITV, SKY and a multitude of other media (Daily Mail, The Scotsman, The Sun, Daily Express etc.). Wonder why? 🤔

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Co-ordinated narrative with the BBC, ITV, SKY and a multitude of other media (Daily Mail, The Scotsman, The Sun, Daily Express etc.). Wonder why? 🤔

Their owners want us fighting, while they rob us blind. (That includes the BBC) 

Edited by ri Alban

Maroon Sailor
24 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

ITV is just one big clique.

Schofield and the giggling dimwit beside him are laughing all the way to the bank.

As for the rest - Overpaid opinionated pretentious W️'s

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

ITV is just one big clique.

Schofield and the giggling dimwit beside him are laughing all the way to the bank.

As for the rest - Overpaid opinionated pretentious W️'s

I did see an on YouTube, Philip and Holly interviewing  some flat Earthers. :rofl:

Maroon Sailor

I remember watching a bit of This Morning when Martin Lewis was on giving his usual  advice. He was basically saying that nobody really knows what they spend in a year but asked a rhetorical question whilst looking at Holly if she knew how much she spent?

Her face just dropped as she squirmed with embarrassment and guilt before realising he wasn't looking for a figure just a No or not really after Schofield stepped in to save her blushes.

39 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Their owners want us fighting, while they rob us blind. (That includes the BBC) 

:spoton:

jack D and coke
On 25/12/2022 at 16:50, Dirk McTarkin said:

I follow Fergal Sharkey on twitter and this exposing water companies is his thing nowadays. It’s really shocking some of it. 
All these CEO’s on huge salaries and billions extracted for shareholders while they dump billions of gallons of raw shit into our rivers. 
He’s exposed it up here as here as well. 
Apparently it’s harder to get the data here but you can bet it’s happening. 

The Mighty Thor
17 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

There's a hell of a lot of people who's only interaction with what's happening in the real world comes via Phil & Holly and whatever their Facebook algorithm has selected for them. 

There's a few of them post on here. You know them. They post outrageous headlines and shitey articles without ever reading the articles. 

Jeffros Furios
24 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Hes right about Tice and his Mrs.... they are a pair of ***** .

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Hes right about Tice and his Mrs.... they are a pair of ***** .

CORRECT!

Cumshott is a particularly nasty piece of work.

Surprisingly given way too much oxygen.

Jeffros Furios
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

CORRECT!

Talk TV is a less gammony GB News .. watched by the thickos and losers who still don't realise they are having the piss ripped out them .

Pondlife scum !! 

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

CORRECT!

She went to St George's as well

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What does that nitwit think is going to happen if the rail companies, and others, keep getting away with dumping people out of their jobs just provide more profit for their shareholders and directors' bonuses?

They'll end up "sitting on their backsides waiting on state handouts", because nobody in government ever seems to come up with alternative,  modern, industries that those people made redundant can take up employment in. It's easy to throw people of of their jobs. It requires imagination and intelligence to provide alternative jobs. Something this government and it's cheerleaders are devoid of.

Why people like her are actually given media platforms, and listened to, is beyond me. It can only be for propaganda purposes to wind up the hard of thinking and trying to deflect responsibility.

6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

As funny as it is this is exactly why Steve Hedley isn't the assistant general secretary anymore and why he doesn't get to speak in public very often.

2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

As funny as it is this is exactly why Steve Hedley isn't the assistant general secretary anymore and why he doesn't get to speak in public very often.

Sometimes you just need to say what we all need to hear.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Sometimes you just need to say what we all need to hear.

Maybe. He's a loose cannon though and he's said plenty in the past that doesn't represent me or many of my colleagues. He's far too aggressive and his mannerisms and tone aren't helpful.

Mick Lynch and Mick Whelan have this part nailed. 

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Cheeky bassas.

They got 2 years holiday on full pay and most of them done feck all for the kids.

One or two done online stuff, but most of them sat on there arses 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Cheeky bassas.

They got 2 years holiday on full pay and most of them done feck all for the kids.

One or two done online stuff, but most of them sat on there arses 

Bit harsh, teachers at the school our girls go to did loads of good stuff during the lockdowns, but this has the potential to kick off because plenty of parents will be hacked off about having to make arrangements for the kids on random days 

Nucky Thompson
58 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Bit harsh, teachers at the school our girls go to did loads of good stuff during the lockdowns, but this has the potential to kick off because plenty of parents will be hacked off about having to make arrangements for the kids on random days 

Only one teacher at my daughters school went above and beyond. It was a nightmare 

il Duce McTarkin

General strike incoming.

:sweeet:

Hopefully some lively civil disobedience to follow.

Lets bring these *******s to heel.

That thing you do
On 04/01/2023 at 10:24, jack D and coke said:

I follow Fergal Sharkey on twitter and this exposing water companies is his thing nowadays. It’s really shocking some of it. 
All these CEO’s on huge salaries and billions extracted for shareholders while they dump billions of gallons of raw shit into our rivers. 
He’s exposed it up here as here as well. 
Apparently it’s harder to get the data here but you can bet it’s happening. 

He has a good heart that Sharkey

That thing you do
On 05/01/2023 at 05:02, The Mighty Thor said:

CORRECT!

Oakeshott is definitely a piece of work. 

48 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

He has a good heart that Sharkey

These days, are hard find.

Edited by ri Alban

John Gentleman
On 06/01/2023 at 07:31, IronJambo said:

Maybe. He's a loose cannon though and he's said plenty in the past that doesn't represent me or many of my colleagues. He's far too aggressive and his mannerisms and tone aren't helpful.

Mick Lynch and Mick Whelan have this part nailed. 

......which explains why Mick Lynch and/or Mick Whelan didn't appear. 

Is it possible, even faintly, that the British population are now wakening from a 40+ year slumber and realising they've been gaslit all this time?

And dry-rogered tae. 

Government's solution to health workers going on strike..........is to threaten to sack them.

Yeh, that'll help the problem with a lack of staff...sack them, and replace them with who............

The other thing I had to laugh at was also the government demanding that striking nurses have to provide a minimum staffing level on strike days, wonderful, safe minimum staffing levels are one of the things nurses are striking for in the first place.

This shows you just how out of touch this government is.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Government's solution to health workers going on strike..........is to threaten to sack them.

Yeh, that'll help the problem with a lack of staff...sack them, and replace them with who............

The other thing I had to laugh at was also the government demanding that striking nurses have to provide a minimum staffing level on strike days, wonderful, safe minimum staffing levels are one of the things nurses are striking for in the first place.

This shows you just how out of touch this government is.

:spoton:

I should add that, in Scotland there has been legislation passed by the Scottish Parliament in 2019 ensuring safe staffing levels, however it's not due to be implimented until at least April 2024.  Wales already has a safe staffing level law.

But at least it's in the pipework in Scotland, there is no such law in England.

Nucky Thompson
4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I should add that, in Scotland there has been legislation passed by the Scottish Parliament in 2019 ensuring safe staffing levels, however it's not due to be implimented until at least April 2024.  Wales already has a safe staffing level law.

But at least it's in the pipework in Scotland, there is no such law in England.

They've got the same legislation all over Europe as well