National rail strikes planned by RMT

IronJambo

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not just that, everyone is only asking for a pay rise because of the Tories. We’d all be happy with our pay if Labour were in power. 😊

Aye, I noticed that he had posted that earlier  :lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronJambo

• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

north wales jambo
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Putin and the pandemic had a major part.  Other countries in Europe have the same issues with energy cost and strikes.

I'm not excusing the Tories but merely pointing out your argument isn't so clear cut.

Good god, a party been in government for over a decade, pay rises squeezed for years in the public sector..

Tell me how ordinary people supporting the community Teachers, council workers, Probation workers, community support workers etc etc are feeling now.. 

Do you think these type of employees make much money with the likes of overtime and bonuses.. 

I don’t know you but some of your replies sound to me that your on a healthy wage, that doesn’t impact your day to day activities or are a reasonably well off retiree.. 

Realise mate, that people are struggling, people have the right and always should have the right to withdraw their labour.. I’m not big at following politics but how anyone can not see that this government and it’s influential followers are not giving an inch of sympathy or understanding to the less well off.. 

Finally because I could go on and bore people to death even more, this economic crisis is not just affecting the least well off, this is going to be devastating to so called middle class. 

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What part of many factors don't you understand?

Is Brexit causing the 12.6% inflation in Italy or the 11.3% inflation in Germany and the Netherlands?

Next you'll be telling us that only Tories voted for Brexit 

They, the experts, literally just told you! 

And you're still defending it. 

You've been wrong all along and guess what.....

You're still wrong. 

Have a day off. 

:vrface:

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

They, the experts, literally just told you! 

And you're still defending it. 

You've been wrong all along and guess what.....

You're still wrong. 

Have a day off. 

:vrface:

They didn't say Brexit caused high inflation in Britain, they said many factors which includes Brexit.

You're only seeing what you want to see.

Answer the question. Do you think that Brexit is causing high inflation in all the other European countries.

In fact...don't bother :cornette:

7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They didn't say Brexit caused high inflation in Britain, they said many factors which includes Brexit.

You're only seeing what you want to see.

Answer the question. Do you think that Brexit is causing high inflation in all the other European countries.

In fact...don't bother :cornette:

Delusional. 

tears.gif

20 minutes ago, north wales jambo said:

Good god, a party been in government for over a decade, pay rises squeezed for years in the public sector..

Tell me how ordinary people supporting the community Teachers, council workers, Probation workers, community support workers etc etc are feeling now.. 

Do you think these type of employees make much money with the likes of overtime and bonuses.. 

I don’t know you but some of your replies sound to me that your on a healthy wage, that doesn’t impact your day to day activities or are a reasonably well off retiree.. 

Realise mate, that people are struggling, people have the right and always should have the right to withdraw their labour.. I’m not big at following politics but how anyone can not see that this government and it’s influential followers are not giving an inch of sympathy or understanding to the less well off.. 

Finally because I could go on and bore people to death even more, this economic crisis is not just affecting the least well off, this is going to be devastating to so called middle class. 

I realise things aren't good.  However there is a lack of objectivity on some of the posts regarding the cause, and what employers will negotiate.

Former Bank of England policymaker Adam Posen insists that 80 per cent of the reason why the UK has the highest inflation of any G7 country is due to the impact of Brexit on immigration and the labour market.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Former Bank of England policymaker Adam Posen insists that 80 per cent of the reason why the UK has the highest inflation of any G7 country is due to the impact of Brexit on immigration and the labour market.

but but but.

Posters on Kickback know better.

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

but but but.

To be fair I've heard Adam Posen regularly checks this forum to  inform his views. 

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The UK hasn't got the highest inflation rate in the G7 countries, so that's wrong straight off the bat.

Italy and now Germany have higher rates of inflation than us.

Other notable European countries with higher rates are Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and Austria

Think the UK's inflation is bad? Here are the rates in Europe | Metro News

17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

but but but.

Doesn't surprise me, the typical Yoon Britnat Brexiteers on here be like... 

harry6.thumb.jpg.50a2ae87360c1205798097d13c922cd7.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The UK hasn't got the highest inflation rate in the G7 countries, so that's wrong straight off the bat.

Italy and now Germany have higher rates of inflation than us.

Other notable European countries with higher rates are Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and Austria

Think the UK's inflation is bad? Here are the rates in Europe | Metro News

falafel-gifalafel-hazfalafel-icanhasfala

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

To be fair I've heard Adam Posen regularly checks this forum to  inform his views. 

As should all American economists :biggrin2:

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Doesn't surprise me, the typical Yoon Britnat Brexiteers on here be like... 

harry6.thumb.jpg.50a2ae87360c1205798097d13c922cd7.jpg

:robboyas:I love Frank and George Doberman

OI! NO! 

25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What's causing the higher inflation in Europe :Shoosh:

Most of the problems in the UK Economy are caused by Brexit. That is a fact. The guys with PhD's falling out of their arses, who have impartially researched this in as much depth as you possibly could using primary quantitative data just told you. It's not wrong, it's not even a theory. They've actually got numbers, graphs.. the whole ****ing shabang and their work has been peer reviewed by other experts. 

But naw...naw...naw 

Big staunch Nucky fae kickback ken's better. 

MV5BMDZkYTk1ZWQtN2JhMi00NGZmLWFlY2MtYjhhYWY3ZTJjOGEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI3NjY3NjQ@._V1_.jpg

Edited by Cruyff

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Most of the problems in the UK Economy are caused by Brexit. That is a fact. The guys with PhD's falling out of their arses, who have impartially researched this in as much depth as you possibly could using primary quantitative data just told you. It's not wrong, it's not even a theory. They've actually got numbers, graphs.. the whole ****ing shabang and their work has been peer reviewed by other experts. 

But naw...naw...naw 

Big staunch Nucky fae kickback ken's better. 

MV5BMDZkYTk1ZWQtN2JhMi00NGZmLWFlY2MtYjhhYWY3ZTJjOGEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI3NjY3NjQ@._V1_.jpg

There are definitely problems caused by Brexit, but the high inflation that's happening all over the World isn't directly down to Brexit.

No matter how many memes you post

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There are definitely problems caused by Brexit, but the high inflation that's happening all over the World isn't directly down to Brexit.

Brexit is pure wank. 

Nucky Thompson
32 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Peak kickback 

Brexit is an unmitigated economic disaster. 

"Whit aboot yoorup likesy'

:tlj:

I'll give you that Thor, but it's not the root cause of high inflation in the UK.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I'll give you that Thor, but it's not the root cause of high inflation in the UK.

The root cause is the ***** currently squatting in Westminster & Downing Street and their policies. 

45 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You're pure ****ing gammon.   :vrface: 

We're not even talking about the world or Europe. You're down a rabbit hole clutching at straws in your desperate defence of bojo economics. 

Do you even know what inflation is? because reading between the lines, it doesn't look like it. 

Every cost - administration, services, imports, food, employment etc... 

And every one of those costs to a haulage company, a farmer, a retailer, a manufacturer in UK.. are passed on to the consumer = inflation. 

Considering Europe was our biggest trading partner, I'd suggest that "definitely problems caused by Brexit" is the understatement of the Century. 

You're only logical defence here should've been.... "But the people voted for it".... 

And I'd have said fair enough. That's true. If you voted for it you shouldn't be seeking a pay rise. 

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The root cause is the ***** currently squatting in Westminster & Downing Street and their policies. 

It can't be if its a problem across the Western world. 

Are they helping? Probably not but to act like it's all cos of Brexit and Tories is as off the mark as saying its purely Brexit and Tories. 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

It can't be if its a problem across the Western world. 

Are they helping? Probably not but to act like it's all cos of Brexit and Tories is as off the mark as saying its purely Brexit and Tories. 

When you live in the UK and your pounds sterling aren't going as far as they did, you have an utterly inflationary energy market (despite a govt regulator), you have a 'budget' that cost £70 billion in 3 weeks and almost wiped out all UK pensions and you voted to impose economic sanctions on yourself.

All that before you factor in any 'global' pressures.

Yes, its the fault of the Tories. 

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

When you live in the UK and your pounds sterling aren't going as far as they did, you have an utterly inflationary energy market (despite a govt regulator), you have a 'budget' that cost £70 billion in 3 weeks and almost wiped out all UK pensions and you voted to impose economic sanctions on yourself.

All that before you factor in any 'global' pressures.

Yes, its the fault of the Tories. 

They exacerbated the issue for sure. We would still be looking at serious inflationary pressure regardless though.

Saying it's not solely the fault of the Tories isn't me absolving them of blame. 

Also thanks for getting the gist of my post...I didn't proofread it and made a bit of an arse of that last sentence 🤣

Edited by BlueRiver

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We're not even talking about the world or Europe. You're down a rabbit hole clutching at straws in your desperate defence of bojo economics. 

Do you even know what inflation is? because reading between the lines, it doesn't look like it. 

And every one of those costs to a haulage company, a farmer, a retailer, a manufacturer in UK.. are passed on to the consumer = inflation. 

Considering Europe was our biggest trading partner, I'd suggest that "definitely problems caused by Brexit" is the understatement of the Century. 

You're only logical defence here should've been.... "But the people voted for it".... 

And I'd have said fair enough. That's true. If you voted for it you shouldn't be seeking a pay rise. 

You're away off on another tangent FFS.

We're not discussing what inflation is but what is causing high inflation in the UK.

You made a tit of yourself and claimed that high inflation in the UK was down to Brexit.

I pointed out that high inflation wasn't exclusive to the UK.

Do you think that if the UK was still a part of the EU, we would be the only country in Europe without high inflation :lol:

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We're not discussing what inflation is but what is causing high inflation in the UK.

You made a tit of yourself and claimed that high inflation in the UK was down to Brexit.

Do you think that if the UK was still a part of the EU, we would be the only country in Europe without high inflation :lol:

It's the problem with these arguments. 

As if a Labour government within the EU would be running 2% inflation whilst the rest of Europe takes a kicking.

The Tories and Brexit are definitely contributing to some degree (how much is I'm sure up for debate) but they're two factors amongst many. Frank Black listed a couple more of them further up before he was descended upon. 

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've made a tit of myself? :rofl:hilarious. You've had the absolute piss ripped out of you 

Imagine not even doing your homework before you post. UK inflation was sky rocketing long before Russia invaded Ukraine. 

I wonder why that was? 

🤔

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I've made a tit of myself? :rofl:hilarious. You've had the absolute piss ripped out of you 

Imagine not even doing your homework before you post. UK inflation was sky rocketing long before Russia invaded Ukraine. 

I wonder why that was? 

🤔

You're still making a tit of yourself :rofl:

I don't need to do my homework to rip the piss out of you :lol:

Tory voters = Brexit = high inflation  :vangry:

Gammons right enough :rofl:

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You're still making a tit of yourself :rofl:

I don't need to do my homework to rip the piss out of you :lol:

Tory voters = Brexit = high inflation  :vangry:

Gammons right enough :rofl:

Really?

"Whit aboot Yoorop?" was your best effort all night. 

It's been enjoyable Nucky. :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

:spoton:

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Cruyff said:

Really?

"Whit aboot Yoorop?" was your best effort all night. 

It's been enjoyable Nucky. :lol:

Eh, you're having a laugh.

Is Brexit not connected to Europe now?

If your having a debate about Brexit then surely Yoorop comes into it.

You never give up, I'll give you that :biggrin2:

Anyway, time for bed. You've exhausted me :welldone:

henrysmithsgloves

Only one set of winners in all this and it ain't us,the peasants 🤬🤬 Divide and conquer tactics at its best. We are too busy squabbling with each other to take a step back and realise it🧐

Doctor FinnBarr
50 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Only one set of winners in all this and it ain't us,the peasants 🤬🤬 Divide and conquer tactics at its best. We are too busy squabbling with each other to take a step back and realise it🧐

Peasants? Lucky *******s, I'm too busy being a serf.

It's been proven pay deals are possible because there have been a lot of agreements including railways. 2% pay offer in Scottish local government became 7% plus 11% for lowest paid for example. Post and rail seem to be the tricky ones because they involve a lot of other changes.

But clearly deals are possible. Most of these people accepted very low deals in the austerity years and I think NHS and transport workers are also devastated by Covid including many of their colleagues dying because Government couldn't supply the correct PPE.

It's likely also a short term problem with inflation coming down. Don't get that it's so hard to provide acceptable pay offers.

Fxxx the SPFL

Just booked rail tickets on 27th January coming back 31st to Coventry keeping fingers crossed no train strikes on those days

17 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Just booked rail tickets on 27th January coming back 31st to Coventry keeping fingers crossed no train strikes on those days

Do you get sent to Coventry often?🤣

On 13/01/2023 at 13:56, **** the SPFL said:

You should be fine cause if there were strikes around those dates they would have been announced already 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

You should be fine cause if there were strikes around those dates they would have been announced already 

Cheers bud

On 13/01/2023 at 13:56, **** the SPFL said:

Train drivers announce strikes but you’ve landed lucky as it’s the 1st and 3rd of feb so won’t affect you. 

Rmt also have to give two weeks notice if I’m right so you will be fine