Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

Thought Police

Happens for all big clubs, not every fan can get a ticket. Long may it continue.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

2 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I pressed back on my browser and was taken to seat map

Probably be sitting on someone's knee 🤣

2 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

People were stuck without a ticket because the ticket office ****ed up.

There will be people who have 0 loyalty point with tickets before people with over 100 or high double figures.

Not being able to keep everyone happy is a shite excuse. The club should have focussed on keeping people who have amassed loyalty points happy before people who haven’t.

I'm glad you mentioned the club in your last paragraph. 

It's not the hard working staff at the ticket office to blame. 

The responsibility lies above the pay grade of the TO. 

The fans on here knew this arrangement would end in tears. 

The decision makers at the club knew better. 

Paul Shark

Totally pissed off with the club to be honest. Partly my own fault but 2 of us are season ticket holders and have 120+ loyalty points, 2 have 40+ loyalty points and were at the semi final. I waited because I assumed the club would have worked out the numbers and all season ticket holders, 120+ loyalty points and those who wen to the semi, would have got tickets. Was waiting online from 8:30 and never got tickets. 

Rogue Daddy

That's crap mate. I'd keep an eye on the Ticketmaster website throughout the day... I think you'll still get the odd few springing up. 🤞

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, neilnunb said:

Probably be sitting on someone's knee 🤣

Hope it’s either Rudi’s or a blonde with massive tits 😝

The Wrinkly Ninja
Just now, luckydug said:

You are correct of course.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Thought Police said:

Happens for all big clubs, not every fan can get a ticket. Long may it continue.

The problem is that non fans are getting tickets while fans aren’t.  Not something we should be wanting to long continue. 

25 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ffs!  Unreal!  Shite!

On a personal level, yes. On a bigger picture level ... Wow!

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Paul Shark said:

Totally pissed off with the club to be honest. Partly my own fault but 2 of us are season ticket holders and have 120+ loyalty points, 2 have 40+ loyalty points and were at the semi final. I waited because I assumed the club would have worked out the numbers and all season ticket holders, 120+ loyalty points and those who wen to the semi, would have got tickets. Was waiting online from 8:30 and never got tickets. 

Careful … anyone who dares criticise the ticket office / club may get accused of not being a hearts fan on here 

Rocky jamboa
15 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

G7 sorted. You would click on a ticket and would disappear immediately. Had to accept the tickets offered automatically Sometimes there is an additional allocation from unused debentures so all is not lost for people still searching

I was the same. Tried to select my 2 seats together and they were away as soon as I clicked on them. Ended up having to go back and just taking the seat allocated, which were apart in the end.

Just happy to have a ticket.

Got a good feeling for this one🏆🇱🇻

hmfc4life1991
1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

I mean they did say demand would outdo the supply so you were warned

Thought Police
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

The problem is that non fans are getting tickets while fans aren’t.  Not something we should be wanting to long continue. 

How do you know they're non fans? They might have had 60 points and been away for the semi final, but knew someone who met the criteria.

Everyone who "deserved" a ticket got them last Friday. Luck of the draw after that

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Indeed. The club should think about introducing a loyalty system where the more games you attend the more likely you are to get a ticket for games where demand  outstrips supply.

hughesie27
2 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Doesn't help you now and I agree that the club have dropped the ball but if I was in your spot I'd have bought the 2 tickets in phase 1 then tried another 4 (or 2 sitting elsewhere) today. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You’re right Dug, I don’t think we needed hindsight to realise this was going to end in tears.  

22,000 tickets for the semi, 22,000 for the final.  Why couldn’t they just have kept it to the same as the semi?  It was a much fairer way. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
Just now, scottg71 said:

Everyone who "deserved" a ticket got them last Friday. Luck of the draw after that

That’s just patronising guff.

Just now, Thought Police said:

How do you know they're non fans? They might have had 60 points and been away for the semi final, but knew someone who met the criteria.

Equally, they might have never been at a game in their life. That’s the whole point of a loyalty points system that, for most, has been a waste of time on this occasion. 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’re right Dug, I don’t think we needed hindsight to realise this was going to end in tears.  

22,000 tickets for the semi, 22,000 for the final.  Why couldn’t they just have kept it to the same as the semi?  It was a much fairer way. 

Too much common sense 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Disagree, those who waited til today were taking a chance. 

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The problem has been giving ST holders the option to buy an extra ticket at phase 2.  There should have been a phase 3 for that if any left. Sorry, but this is a complete ill thought out cock up from Hearts.  Hopefully we never see this this process again for a final. 

Me and my two sons all at semi but zero tickets.   Sounds like way more deserving fans than us have missed out though. Disappointing but this was predicted by many.  The weird thing is though is the demand - compared to the Celtic final that we really struggled to sell out.

I imagine (I don't know for certain, and you're right, this probably could have been eased with a third phase) the problem is that by allowing anyone at the semi a ticket, they would have to open up season tickets to 2 per account given that was the condition in phase 3, and by not opening that up people who got a ticket through that means for the semi wouldn't get one.

hughesie27
Just now, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Indeed. The club should think about introducing a loyalty system where the more games you attend the more likely you are to get a ticket for games where demand  outstrips supply.

You then end up with the same group of folk or their mates going to games until they get too old as they get further and further away from those who have no chance.

Paul Shark
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Doesn't help you now and I agree that the club have dropped the ball but if I was in your spot I'd have bought the 2 tickets in phase 1 then tried another 4 (or 2 sitting elsewhere) today. 

Yeah hindsights a wonderful thing and I'm kicking myself that I never did that.  But to be fair the ticket office normally get these things right. It caught me a bit of guard how badly wrong they've got it this time.

mulleted_jambo
4 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Spot on mate, we should have only taken 14,000 and handed the rest back to rangers  🤪

Edited by mulleted_jambo

went on line at 8.45. 2500 in queue in front of me. when eventually got through at 9.24 sold out!! I thought sales opened at 9.  If only 2500 got in between 9 and 9.24 how was it a sell out?

Rocky jamboa
9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The problem has been giving ST holders the option to buy an extra ticket at phase 2.  There should have been a phase 3 for that if any left. Sorry, but this is a complete ill thought out cock up from Hearts.  Hopefully we never see this this process again for a final. 

Me and my two sons all at semi but zero tickets.   Sounds like way more deserving fans than us have missed out though. Disappointing but this was predicted by many.  The weird thing is though is the demand - compared to the Celtic final that we really struggled to sell out.

You're spot on. The 2 tickets in the 2nd phase was a mistake. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Equally, they might have never been at a game in their life. That’s the whole point of a loyalty points system that, for most, has been a waste of time on this occasion. 

I agree with Gin, honestly if yous all want guarantee of tickets then either buy a ST or go to loads of games so you have the required LP’s, it’s a shame but 90% of fans at the final will be deserving of their ticket.  

4 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

As a non-season ticket holder, I cannot argue with that. 

3 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

It's a fact.

Rogue Daddy

Would have made sense (even if it was just for 1 day) to make Phase 2 - Loyalty Point Holders and those that were at the Semi. Phase 3 - General free-for-all.

Clark Griswold

I do agree though that the LP threshold should have been dropped down to say 40 in this phase to give fair chance to those who don’t have STs but do attend on a semi regular basis 

Loads of issues for lots of folks, just chatting with friends and family. Largest issue being unable to allocate to folks in your own network. This meant I was only able to get a single ticket, after getting that, similar to others was all sold out.

Thought Police

They were able to buy two each plus what was set aside for those queuing at the ticket office, so just about makes up the allocation.

hughesie27
15 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Absolutely raging. Some tosser on Facebook meant to be a mate has bought an extra 4 tickets. Get this, for his auntie, uncle and their 2 brats from Chicago. Over on holiday and going to their first 'soccer match' I had asked for 2 but he had promised them. Awful. Why do people think this is ok. Reading about people with 100 and 110 points not being able to go. Hearts haven't handle this well.

Presumably you don't have many points yourself then? Like you say, folk with over 100 points being shunned. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Only ST holders deserve a ticket?  How do you work that one out?

Seaside Dave

2 of us sat on my account he was 5th in the queue I was 800 odd he got 2 email confirmation and bang sold out that quick! Absolutely lucky to get 2 but buzzing off my tits

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Disagree, those who waited til today were taking a chance. 

Theres 8k / 9k who attended the semi who didn’t have a choice. And many of them have missed out. 

Never done it myself but I think you can buy for people in your network if they meet the criteria. Not sure of this though. 

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

how did you manage that? I joined the queue at 8.50

4 minutes ago, Cynic said:

went on line at 8.45. 2500 in queue in front of me. when eventually got through at 9.24 sold out!! I thought sales opened at 9.  If only 2500 got in between 9 and 9.24 how was it a sell out?

Because we had already sold about 16k. Then 2500 each buying 2 tickets plus ST holders being able to add another 1 to their order from the first phase.

Fire_At_The_Disco

On a serious note folks, go back your browser to e-ticketing, there are still odd seats appearing 🤷🏻‍♂️Check the time on my phone. 

23B4795F-60D1-40D6-BD19-E4197C706176.jpeg

Scott Leitch
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Presumably you don't have many points yourself then? Like you say, folk with over 100 points being shunned. 

Im sorted. It was for relatives who due to medical issues had to give up their season books. They have 90 and 95 points odd each. They are back to health now and I wanted to surprise them. The time I got on it was sold out. When you read about people buying for people that couldn't care less about the game it makes you sick. 

doctor jambo

In the queue before 9, more than 2000 in front of me, got through , sold out

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, Different Class said:

Everyone who missed out should start a thread imo

🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)