Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Although I'm gutted. I'm more gutted for my 13 years old son. At only 3 yrs and 10 months old I didn't take him to the Hibs final as I think he was to young.

Took him the following year to the league cup final, all semis after that and the 2019 final.

I don't like criticising the club, but I do believe they didn't think distribution of cup final tickets through properly.

I have no qualms with ST holders getting first dibs, they deserve it. But it should have been 1 ticket only per ST holders imho. Fortunately have purchased ST's for me and the laddie for next season. Gutted and numb at present.

So I ask again if anyone has two tickets going then please private message me. I will gladly take them off your hands.

Thanks, John.

I agree. Hearts have got loads of things right in recent times but this was a huge mistake. Should only have been 1 ticket per person and high loyalty points should have taken precedence over people at the semi. I say this as someone with no axe to grind as I have my final ticket.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

It begs the question 

given that you could queue online and basically be guaranteed. Some fans just refuse to move with the digital age and then blame the club

They could have got temp staff in to man the phones 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, 1874robbo said:

You crashed the machine with your dodgy bank card 😂😂😂😂

was typical eh.

I was next in line when it went down!!!!

It was that moaning auld xxxx that was having a go at the young lad he caused the problem lol hope you got your tickets and nice to chat 

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

We could fill our entire stadium with Hearts Season Ticket holders and every one of them would get a ticket for any semi or final in the national stadium.

I do however symathise with any non ST holder who supports the club in whatever capacity and could not manage to get their hands on a ticket.

Of course don’t get me wrong, I do feel bad in some way, however it is not the clubs fault, nor should the club be beaten because of personal circumstances 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Exactly there is no way unless it’s stupidness that a season ticket holder didn’t get one. 

Can I get back to you on that, I waited for this phase to get tickets for folk without 120 LPs or a ST but we’re at the semi, we were guaranteed tickets. Sold out online at 9:15 and I’m now an hour in the queue with another hour to go. Stupid?

Captain Lithuania
15 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yes, 2 tickets for semi final attendees and an additional 2 for ST holders who got one in the first round.

Im sure season ticket holders could purchase one additional this morning. 

Worthing Jambo
6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

They are fantastic in my opinion.

I agree. Any time I’ve been in contact the service has been exemplary 👍

larbert_jambo
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

U21s?

1874robbo
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

It was that moaning auld xxxx that was having a go at the young lad he caused the problem lol hope you got your tickets and nice to chat 

You always get one idiot mate.

yeh all sorted, good to see you again and hopefully see you at hampden or at least the celebrations after it 😉😉

1874robbo
1 minute ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Im sure season ticket holders could purchase one additional this morning. 

Season ticket holders who’d already purchased in first phase could only buy another one today 

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

cool. I couldn’t care less about customer service. I don’t buy a season ticket so that someone can wish me a nice day. Get real. 

We sold around 14,000 season tickets for this season in a 20k stadium. That tells the club that there’ll only be a select more than that. But as is always the case, Rock dwellers come out when we do well. That’s not the clubs fault. The loyalty points system works well as it rewards those who have invested into the club. If you live far away and can’t make games that’s not Hearts fault. 

The loyalty points system works well if we use it. The club didn’t use the loyalty points system today though, only in phase 1.  This is the problem. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, larbert_jambo said:

U21s?

Why not

could have put them to work to help out fans 

gordiegords

Gutted, been to most home games, plenty points, was at st Mirren, quarters and semi games, no ticket for me.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, gordiegords said:

Gutted, been to most home games, plenty points, was at st Mirren, quarters and semi games, no ticket for me.

Were you at the semi final?

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Season ticket holders who’d already purchased in first phase could only buy another one today 

That is my understanding and pretty clear from the info the club posted. Not like folk on kickback embellishing the facts to get themselves in more of a tiz. 

Happy to be corrected but I absolutely do not think that season ticket holders were entitled to three each. 

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Can I get back to you on that, I waited for this phase to get tickets for folk without 120 LPs or a ST but we’re at the semi, we were guaranteed tickets. Sold out online at 9:15 and I’m now an hour in the queue with another hour to go. Stupid?

I meant to ask, what's with the guy in the yellow breeks in the photo you posted earlier? He should be getting **** all tickets for that alone.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You’re the temp 

1874robbo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hope you get your tickets mate but not sure how many the shop have?

everyone around about me were buying the max they could as getting phone calls and messages with folks references 

think the shop only had 2k initially 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No you werent. You were able to buy tickets if those tickets were available.

No-one was guaranteed tickets.

1874robbo
2 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

That is my understanding and pretty clear from the info the club posted. Not like folk on kickback embellishing the facts to get themselves in more of a tiz. 

Happy to be corrected but I absolutely do not think that season ticket holders were entitled to three each. 

No they weren’t 👍

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That's the point - a season ticket holder gets first dibs because they are a STH.  That is their guarantee at that point - if you wait, you increase your risk of not getting one (as unlikely as that may have seemed at the time - but a risk).  I agree the whole thing seems pretty unfair but as anyone a STH they should have cut out that risk at that point and bought and then considered a "possibility" of further tickets a week later for family etc....

Dennis Denuto
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don't understand why anyone would wait when they could've bought and additional ticket today and then moved on the one they bought in phase one.

weegiejambo8

Pretty gutted the way that the ticket allocation was set out. I had to give my season ticket up a couple of years ago for personal reasons, but still make it through from Glasgow 4 or 5 times a season, as well as the odd away game when it is pay at the gate. I have a reasonably healthy amount of loyalty points but did not get the opportunity to purchase due to not not being available to attend the semi final. Appreciate that Season ticket holders should always get priority, as I thought this when we had our season tickets for 7 or 8 years previously. It is difficult when you are reading that people have got tickets for friends who have never been to a game before when the semi final was the first game at Hampden I have missed since before 2006. Hopefully have better luck in the European ties at Tynecastle next season. Hopefully those that have a ticket will have an amazing day and we get the result! 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, been here before said:

No you werent. You were able to buy tickets if those tickets were available.

No-one was guaranteed tickets.

Correct.  Only ST holders and those with 120 LPs were guaranteed tickets (and only if they purchased in phase 1).  Luck of the draw for everyone in phase 2 unfortunately.  Hopefully lessons learned (and hopefully more finals in the near future to get it right, or at least more fairly).

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, dukebox said:

That's the point - a season ticket holder gets first dibs because they are a STH.  That is their guarantee at that point - if you wait, you increase your risk of not getting one (as unlikely as that may have seemed at the time - but a risk).  I agree the whole thing seems pretty unfair but as anyone a STH they should have cut out that risk at that point and bought and then considered a "possibility" of further tickets a week later for family etc....

I did that in the semi final draw but if the club hadn’t GUARANTEED anyone who was at the semi a ticket I would’ve done it again. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Don't understand why anyone would wait when they could've bought and additional ticket today and then moved on the one they bought in phase one.

You can’t do that online you have to take the tickets back and do it in the TO. We were GUARANTEED a ticket, allegedly. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Hope you get your tickets mate but not sure how many the shop have?

everyone around about me were buying the max they could as getting phone calls and messages with folks references 

think the shop only had 2k initially 

Cheers 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I did that in the semi final draw but if the club hadn’t GUARANTEED anyone who was at the semi a ticket I would’ve done it again. 

Pretty sure there was no guarantee for phase 2 today. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I meant to ask, what's with the guy in the yellow breeks in the photo you posted earlier? He should be getting **** all tickets for that alone.

He’s a biker, and it’s raining. 

been here before
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You can’t do that online you have to take the tickets back and do it in the TO. We were GUARANTEED a ticket, allegedly. 

Using caps doesnt make it correct. Show us this guarantee.

Captain Lithuania

Where is this guaranteed a ticket patter coming from? I’m sorry you didn’t get a ticket but you have misunderstood big time. 

Dennis Denuto

You could sell it yourself to someone who missed out. There was no Guarantee for anyone in Phase 2

15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Of course don’t get me wrong, I do feel bad in some way, however it is not the clubs fault, nor should the club be beaten because of personal circumstances 

I know bud. I wasn't blaming the club in any way, although phase 2 did seem a bit unbalanced.

It was just a personal statement.

Edited by Busby8

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No such guarantee was ever made by the club

Fire_At_The_Disco

Just to clear it up, folk who were at the semi-final were not guaranteed a ticket, they were free to try and get one with the rest. 

Rick Sanchez

Folk all over Facebook with their violin's out and pictures from the semi. No buying history cause you bought your tickets on Facebook.

Probably attend the same amount of games as people getting them today.

Seems pretty obvious with the way the phasing went that the club are pretty much saying if folk want a ticket for future finals then they need to buy season tickets, especially if we can maintain relative success.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pretty sure there was no guarantee for phase 2 today. 

They guaranteed anyone at the semi a ticket, only folk with 120 LPs or a ST could but them in phase 1. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Where is this guaranteed a ticket patter coming from? I’m sorry you didn’t get a ticket but you have misunderstood big time. 

It said it in the initial post about tickets 

They guaranteed anyone at the semi a ticket, only folk with 120 LPs or a ST could but them in phase 1. 

No they didn't

Anyone who had been to the semi was included in Phase 2 - with the opportunity to purchase a ticket

Edited by brypie04

gordiegords
12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Were you at the semi final?

Yes

hughesie27

It said it in the initial post about tickets 

Proof please.

Captain Lithuania

Can you please tell me exactly where that information came from?

People who attended the semi final were allowed the opportunity to attempt to get a ticket with everyone else eligible for phase 2. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, hughesie27 said:

Proof please.

The link has changed and is no longer on the clubs website. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They guaranteed anyone at the semi a ticket, only folk with 120 LPs or a ST could but them in phase 1

No they didnt.

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No they didn't.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Captain Lithuania said:

Can you please tell me exactly where that information came from?

People who attended the semi final were allowed the opportunity to attempt to get a ticket with everyone else eligible for phase 2. 

John Paul from the shop has just told us this, I’m sure he knows better than most. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)