Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Although I'm gutted. I'm more gutted for my 13 years old son. At only 3 yrs and 10 months old I didn't take him to the Hibs final as I think he was to young.

Took him the following year to the league cup final, all semis after that and the 2019 final.

I don't like criticising the club, but I do believe they didn't think distribution of cup final tickets through properly.

I have no qualms with ST holders getting first dibs, they deserve it. But it should have been 1 ticket only per ST holders imho. Fortunately have purchased ST's for me and the laddie for next season. Gutted and numb at present.

So I ask again if anyone has two tickets going then please private message me. I will gladly take them off your hands.

Thanks, John.

Gutted and numb? It's a football match not a death in the family

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They guaranteed anyone at the semi a ticket, only folk with 120 LPs or a ST could but them in phase 1. 

They were tweeting all week to remind you you only had until 8am today for a guaranteed ticket, it did not include Semi-Final attendees with less than 120 points who were not season ticket holders

How did people ever think being at the semi final guaranteed a ticket? we had additional tickets for the semi so there was never going to be enough.  I feel sorry for anyone who has missed out but it was always going to be the case

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The link has changed and is no longer on the clubs website. 

😆

Simple maths dictates that that would be impossible to offer.
They couldn't guarantee that everyone who bought in phase 1 for the final was at the semi.

Fozzyonthefence

They guaranteed anyone at the semi a ticket, only folk with 120 LPs or a ST could but them in phase 1. 

They didn’t GUARANTEE anyone a ticket in phase 2 only the right to attempt to buy one (or two actually which I think was the biggest mistake).

Look, I was at the semi too with my two sons and we’ve all missed out.  But I was fully aware there was no guarantee we’d get one, not sure why you thought there was a guarantee.  

It’s simple maths, if every ST holder and semi final attendee wanted to buy 2 tickets then we’d need over 40k tickets for the final.  I believe we have 22k?

John Findlay
Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

Nice try.

hughesie27
Just now, lou said:

How did people ever think being at the semi final guaranteed a ticket? we had additional tickets for the semi so there was never going to be enough.  I feel sorry for anyone who has missed out but it was always going to be the case

Same allocation for Semi and Final. 

McGlynn The Money
Just now, lou said:

Seems like folk who can't read properly are now blaming the club for their own shortcomings.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Yeh some people over react 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Everyone happy then?

Aye Im cool. Couple for hospitality sorted last week, all is well.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, lou said:

Don’t think we got more tickets for the semi - we only sold 22k and top tier wasn’t sold out.  Think we got 22k for the final. 

FarmerTweedy
54 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Sale starts at 9 but i was in queue from 0825 and was 356 anyone logging in at 0850/0900 had no chance.

I joined the queue at about 8:58 just to see how big it was!  Told me 3188 folk ahead of me!  I did have a wee look when I got in, there were probably about 20 or so tickets showing as available, including about 3 or 4 pairs of seats together.  I didn't try to buy any of them, got mine last week, but I guess anyone joining after me would have seen no availability at all!  

Rocky jamboa

One thing today goes to show is you will pretty much need a season ticket next season to guarantee a ticket for the big games next season. A good marketing ploy by the club! 😁 💰

Captain Lithuania
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

John Paul from the shop has just told us this, I’m sure he knows better than most. 

John Paul from the shop is full of it then isn’t he. You should direct your anger at him then as he’s led you down the path. 

Edited by Captain Lithuania

3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Comment did tickle me!!

Super_Hans
26 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

This will be a bit boring - but in terms of admin I think Hearts have done pretty well, the bulk of the work has been automated through TicketMaster and the prioritisation has been done fairly for Phase 1.

Phase 2 - not sure that the 2 tickets per person thing was quite right. 

Considering the demand for tickets, I think Hearts could have done things a little differently. 

Instead of the Friday morning stampede, could have approached things as a generic purchase on e-tickets with a mix of Phase 1 & Phase 2/Semi Final Customers being assigned at the checkout phase then manually validate and allocate out tickets.

Should have been one ticket per account.

Phase one - Season ticket holders

Phase two- Semi-final attendees and 100+ loyalty points. Should make it clear that semi-final purchases will get priority.

Phase three - 80+ loyalty points

Phase four - 60+ etc.

Ensures fairness and rewards loyalty.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Can you please tell me exactly where that information came from?

People who attended the semi final were allowed the opportunity to attempt to get a ticket with everyone else eligible for phase 2. 

They did but what opportunity did I have to buy them today? Queue from 12am, queue online from 7am? Do you think selling two tickets to folk who can give them to anyone was a good idea? There’s a few hundred Jambos in this two hour long queue might disagree. 

Sooperstar
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We have an allocation of what, 22,000 tickets for the final. We have 14k ST holders. In phase 2 all ST holders were eligible to buy 2 tickets. That's 28,000 possible tickets right there. In what world would it be possible for anyone to be guaranteed a ticket in Phase 2?

been here before
4 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

They were tweeting all week to remind you you only had until 8am today for a guaranteed ticket, it did not include Semi-Final attendees with less than 120 points who were not season ticket holders

I read that and thought if I got a ticket Id be GUARANTEED a Season Ticket and 120LPs.

Im raging now.

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

One thing today goes to show is you will pretty much need a season ticket next season to guarantee a ticket for the big games next season. A good marketing ploy by the club! 😁 💰

Nae Facebook fan will be planting their arse on my seat on a Thursday night 😃

Sooperstar
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

They did but what opportunity did I have to buy them today? Queue from 12am, queue online from 7am? Do you think selling two tickets to folk who can give them to anyone was a good idea? There’s a few hundred Jambos in this two hour long queue might disagree. 

I agree that they shouldn't have made it 2 per account in phase 2. But that's completely different from saying that they somehow guaranteed semi final attendees a ticket.

McGlynn The Money

Stop arguing with folk on here or you might lose your place in the queue.

Fire_At_The_Disco
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Amazing how many fans we have when the finals come about.

It is indeed then they blame the big bad season ticket holders for buying extras for the banter and because we can. 

Edited by Fire_At_The_Disco

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Amazing how many fans we have when the finals come about.

We are not alone...... the 10k allocated to Gretna was 5 imes the population of the town.

( off topic a bit, I know, but still.....)

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

We have an allocation of what, 22,000 tickets for the final. We have 14k ST holders. In phase 2 all ST holders were eligible to buy 2 tickets. That's 28,000 possible tickets right there. In what world would it be possible for anyone to be guaranteed a ticket in Phase 2?

Yeah because everyone who’s eligible is a going to buy another two tickets aren’t they?

The Bannon Flick

They should have just made phase 1 for season tickets only to buy 1 each.

Phase 2 should then have been for 120 loyalty points and above, again only to buy 1 each.

Then a phase 3 for +100 points, same as above and so on and so forth.

Phases could just be a couple of days each before moving onto the next one.

Yes, it would mean people wouldn’t be sitting with mates etc but in my opinion it’s the only fair way to do it.

Feel sorry for those folks who have missed out this time round - hope the club come up with a better plan for all the other finals Robbie is going to take us to.

Enjoy the game to those lucky enough to get a ticket. 🇱🇻

Sooperstar

Yeah because everyone who’s eligible is a going to buy another two tickets aren’t they?

No they're not, but they could buy 2 in total if they chose to, so there is no guarantee of tickets for anyone in Phase 2. It's fairly basic.

Edited by Sooperstar

Dennis Denuto

Aye because some idiots didn't even buy one!!

Edited by Dennis Denuto

hughesie27

:wtfvlad:

Jambo 4 Ever

Where are all these fans during the rest of the season?

no sympathy for “fans” who only come out for cup finals 

Fozzyonthefence

Nobody could buy an extra 2 tickets as far I’m aware. Just 2 each?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I agree that they shouldn't have made it 2 per account in phase 2. But that's completely different from saying that they somehow guaranteed semi final attendees a ticket.

John Paul from the shop who is going up the queue has informed us if you were at the semi there are tickets there for you, I will go with his information if that’s ok?

Dennis Denuto
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

That is correct it was a maximum of two tickets per account.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t think we got more tickets for the semi - we only sold 22k and top tier wasn’t sold out.  Think we got 22k for the final. 

We definitely got additional tickets for the semi

Sooperstar

John Paul from the shop who is going up the queue has informed us if you were at the semi there are tickets there for you, I will go with his information if that’s ok?

😂 OK then!

stevie7147
5 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

i personaly will be cutting back big time on the games i go to 

Dennis Denuto

SO what the actaul **** are you moaning about, you will get your tickets

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

:wtfvlad:

John Paul from the shop has just told us if you were at the semi there’s tickets for you 👍🏽👏🏾

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You at celtic away tomorrow?

Mr Brightside
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Couldn’t buy another 2 only and additional 1. Nobody was eligible for 3 tickets.

I do think phase 2 should have been 1 ticket per person and then a further phase 3 of a public sale.

The Bannon Flick
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Could live and work abroad mate or work most Saturdays.

Don’t blame folks for wanting to and getting tickets for the final - blame the decision makers for allowing them the opportunity to do so. 

Jambo 4 Ever

John Paul from the shop has just told us if you were at the semi there’s tickets for you 👍🏽👏🏾

He’s wrong then 

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

They should have just made phase 1 for season tickets only to buy 1 each.

Phase 2 should then have been for 120 loyalty points and above, again only to buy 1 each.

Then a phase 3 for +100 points, same as above and so on and so forth.

Phases could just be a couple of days each before moving onto the next one.

Yes, it would mean people wouldn’t be sitting with mates etc but in my opinion it’s the only fair way to do it.

Feel sorry for those folks who have missed out this time round - hope the club come up with a better plan for all the other finals Robbie is going to take us to.

Enjoy the game to those lucky enough to get a ticket. 🇱🇻

Luck doesn't come into it. I'm a season ticket who also had the requisite number of loyalty points.

I was guaranteed a ticket and I have a ticket.

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yep. Eitehr 1 extra if you bought in phase 1 or 2 if you were at the semi and hadn't bought any yet.

Just now, lou said:

We definitely got additional tickets for the semi

That brought us to a total of 22k. We never got any extra, they jsut opened up sections they had no intention of opening up until demand was there. The Top Tier I assume. We never took any tickets from Hibs.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Dennis Denuto said:

SO what the actaul **** are you moaning about, you will get your tickets

A two hour queue and ***** buying tickets for any old ***** they wish?

1 hour ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Imagine what it must be like supporting one of the old firm.

Nothing to do with ticket allocations, just imagine. 

DC8131BD-EE6B-4610-9EC2-BDF529C7004A.gif

Must be awful for the Current Buns right now!

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, The Bannon Flick said:

Could live and work abroad mate or work most Saturdays.

Don’t blame folks for wanting to and getting tickets for the final - blame the decision makers for allowing them the opportunity to do so. 

They shouldn’t feel entitled to a ticket then for the big games

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)