Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

McGlynn The Money
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’m sure all of us in the queue wish anyone who got one for a non supporter all the worst. Two hour queue, ST holder and others at semi NOT guaranteed tickets it seems. 

That just sounds really bitter. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’ve said before and say it again that the club sometimes takes fans for granted 

No they don’t

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

No they don’t

They do

they just assume we will buy tickets / stuff in the shop etc but often have no customer service skills

the last lady I saw in the ticket office (hadn’t seen her before) was quite rude to fans too for asking a few questions 

richiehmfc
38 minutes ago, Cynic said:

went on line at 8.45. 2500 in queue in front of me. when eventually got through at 9.24 sold out!! I thought sales opened at 9.  If only 2500 got in between 9 and 9.24 how was it a sell out?

I was 1220 in the que - when I got in I was buying 6 tickets for me and my mates, i assume there would be alot of people in the same boat. I know that isnt helpful, just explaining

I think the club have mucked this up by not properly using the loyalty system and restricting ticket sales to 1 per account

Two tickets for semi final attendees was, I think, the wrong thing to do. One would have been fine. Everything else went like clockwork. I hope those who missed out get one somehow.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You're basing this on a second hand "mate on Facebook" story though.

No, I’m basing it on common sense.  Won’t be long til the tickets are appearing on EBay and getting snapped up by Huns. And obviously lots of ST holders buying tickets for their mates too, some maybe deserving, some definitely not deserving.  Hardly rocket science. 

1874robbo

Going up to the ticket office at 05.45 this morning was the right call 

5 purchased and tucked away safe in my wallet 😉👍👍

McGlynn The Money

What I don't get is certain posters who are always giving it big licks on here about what PHM they are and how they never miss a game, have somehow not managed to get tickets for the final. 

The fact they are argumentative, crabbit ****ing windbags is neither here nor there but it does make it that bit more difficult to sympathise with them.

Edited by McGlynn The Money

Heartsfth
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Two tickets for semi final attendees was, I think, the wrong thing to do. One would have been fine. Everything else went like clockwork. I hope those who missed out get one somehow.

The system only allowed me to allocate 1 ticket to a semi final ticket attendee (non season ticket)

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Was it definitely 2 tickets for semi attendees?  I thought it was 1 but that would explain the problem even more!

4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

:spoton:

Jeffros Furios
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

They take us fans for granted too many times 

Its terrible , I'm going to contact my MP 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

They do

they just assume we will buy tickets / stuff in the shop etc but often have no customer service skills

the last lady I saw in the ticket office (hadn’t seen her before) was quite rude to fans too for asking a few questions 

cool. I couldn’t care less about customer service. I don’t buy a season ticket so that someone can wish me a nice day. Get real. 

We sold around 14,000 season tickets for this season in a 20k stadium. That tells the club that there’ll only be a select more than that. But as is always the case, Rock dwellers come out when we do well. That’s not the clubs fault. The loyalty points system works well as it rewards those who have invested into the club. If you live far away and can’t make games that’s not Hearts fault. 

Just now, Heartsfth said:

The system only allowed me to allocate 1 ticket to a semi final ticket attendee (non season ticket)

I thought that too, but in fact it just declined the seat I clicked on, probably because someone else beat me to it. I went back in and got a second seat nearby.

Captain Lithuania
16 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Reading some of the comments on the big thread, it seems a lot of people with high loyalty point counts which just weren't high enough, or fans at the semi who weren't quick enough, were edged out by the massive demand caused by giving the same customers three tickets before anyone else got a turn. It's no big deal to the club, they got a quick sell-out, but the way tickets were distributed according to LP in our last three finals (not counting 2020) was much fairer. Plenty of folk who attend a dozen games every season won't be there, while folk who haven't been in Tynie for years will. Gutted for the guy on the big thread who had 110 LP. I don't have that many, but enough to get me there in 2012 and 2019.

Not a dig at anyone who dig get tickets, I'm sure they'll give the team just as great backing, but when we get to a final again can the club go back to assigning tickets the way they used to? HHGH

Who was able to get three tickets? This is news to me. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

Its terrible , I'm going to contact my MP 

😂😂

tell them Hamilton is a dump

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

They do

I’ve always found ticket office staff very helpful especially with some of pish they get thrown at them some old codger in front of me having a go at the young lad for no reason 

Will they have anything on at Tynecastle? Like showing it on the big screens? Just want to take the kids to something and then hopefully see them bring the cup back.

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Was it definitely 2 tickets for semi attendees?  I thought it was 1 but that would explain the problem even more!

1 minute ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Yes, 2 tickets for semi final attendees and an additional 2 for ST holders who got one in the first round.

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

What I don't get is certain posters who are always giving it big licks on here about what PHM they are and how they never miss a game, have somehow not managed to get tickets for the final. 

The fact they are argumentative, crabbit ****ing windbags is neither here nor there but it does make it that bit more difficult to sympathise with them.

:duck:

:laugh:

Heartsmad1874
6 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Phase Two should have been for the PHM going to Celtic tomorrow then Phase 3 for whoever is left imo.

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

cool. I couldn’t care less about customer service. I don’t buy a season ticket so that someone can wish me a nice day. Get real. 

We sold around 14,000 season tickets for this season in a 20k stadium. That tells the club that there’ll only be a select more than that. But as is always the case, Rock dwellers come out when we do well. That’s not the clubs fault. The loyalty points system works well as it rewards those who have invested into the club. If you live far away and can’t make games that’s not Hearts fault. 

He doesn’t just live far away, he lives on another ****ing planet. 

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

One last week and then two more if they wanted them today, for season ticket holders and 120 LP folk.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I’ve always found ticket office staff very helpful especially with some of pish they get thrown at them some old codger in front of me having a go at the young lad for no reason 

Exactly. Having worked retail for a while when I was younger, they should be paid a lot more for the absolute filth they are thrown from idiots on here

Heartsfth
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I thought that too, but in fact it just declined the seat I clicked on, probably because someone else beat me to it. I went back in and got a second seat nearby.

I kept the same seat just needed to allocate to someone else. So 2 of us who are season ticket holder’s got 2 tickets each and the semi final attendee got 1. Didn’t buy them all today bought 1 each for each season ticket holder previously 

McGlynn The Money
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Correct mate. Greeting faced wee rags that are raging because they couldn’t work the iPad thingy in time. 

:spoton:

allystrachan

The club have messed it up for some fans (the ones with loyalty points but didn’t get their tickets) but we’re good for others buying for mates & family etc. 

I got all the tickets I need but I don’t think giving people a second ticket is fair. I have bough 1 extra for a family member but I know theres others more ‘worthy’ of a ticket than them. I have taken advantage of the situation that shouldn’t have been allowed.

although saying that, maybe the club didn’t want the admin of going to 3rd & 4th phases, people changing tickets etc. maybe the club get extra charges from ticketmaster so this way it saves them thousands. Who knows why they made the allocation decision they have. 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

He doesn’t just live far away, he lives on another ****ing planet. 

😂😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

We could fill our entire stadium with Hearts Season Ticket holders and every one of them would get a ticket for any semi or final in the national stadium.

I do however symathise with any non ST holder who supports the club in whatever capacity and could not manage to get their hands on a ticket.

Edited by Busby8

Just shows the depth of our support when hearts put a decent team on the pitch. Sounds like a lot have missed out and that sucks but flags up how unfit for purpose our national stadium is. We will never know how any we could have shifted if allowed but I'm guessing it would be a fair few thousand more. Hopefully anyone not with one can source them from sell ons from people that don't end up making it. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - tickets sold out, hospitality sold out. ( updated )
Back to 2005
57 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Everyone who "deserved" a ticket got them last Friday. Luck of the draw after that

I have been a season ticket holder for most of the last 35 years . Didn’t buy one this year as I suspected it would be a waste of money after spending £400 for last season and not seeing a game.

Been to every home game except two.

Every season ticket holder should get one then there should be a fair way of allocating the rest. 

8 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

They are fantastic in my opinion.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

How does a season ticket holder not have one? I had one at 9.08 on release day.

Some waited until today to sit together with their mates I believe 

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I know a season ticket holder who is a member on here that was waiting ‘till this morning so he could buy one for his two kids at the same time as for himself. All 3 at semi final btw. 

Edited by GinRummy

Fire_At_The_Disco
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Exactly there is no way unless it’s stupidness that a season ticket holder didn’t get one. 

Jeffros Furios
18 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

They do

Stay safe mate and ignore the rude attention  seekers .

7 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

One last week and then two more if they wanted them today, for season ticket holders and 120 LP folk.

If you bought a ticket in phase 1 you could only buy 1 additional ticket in phase 2, not 2 additional tickets. The club confirmed that a day or two ago.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Stay safe mate and ignore the rude attention  seekers .

Will do

Mysterion

This will be a bit boring - but in terms of admin I think Hearts have done pretty well, the bulk of the work has been automated through TicketMaster and the prioritisation has been done fairly for Phase 1.

Phase 2 - not sure that the 2 tickets per person thing was quite right. 

Considering the demand for tickets, I think Hearts could have done things a little differently. 

Instead of the Friday morning stampede, could have approached things as a generic purchase on e-tickets with a mix of Phase 1 & Phase 2/Semi Final Customers being assigned at the checkout phase then manually validate and allocate out tickets.

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

They'll still be able to sit together with their mates, just not at Hampden.

Fxxx the SPFL

When online sold out folk behind me in the queue were getting frantic text messages from folk who missed out and noting down reference no’s to buy them tickets one lassie at desk was getting 40 tickets when it crashed 

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

Ooft that’s a sore one 

Heartsmad1874
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

When online sold out folk behind me in the queue were getting frantic text messages from folk who missed out and noting down reference no’s to buy them tickets one lassie at desk was getting 40 tickets when it crashed 

You still in the queue?

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I know a season ticket holder who is a member on here that was waiting ‘till this morning so he could buy one for his two kids at the same time as for himself. All 3 at semi final btw. 

Ah, makes sense I suppose. I'm going with other ST holder so had no such issues.

I'm not sure if it will be the same as the semi but I seen hundreds of tickets being touted for numerous reasons. Keep the faith if you're not bothered where you sit 🤞

1874robbo
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

You crashed the machine with your dodgy bank card 😂😂😂😂

was typical eh.

I was next in line when it went down!!!!

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Heartsmad1874 said:

You still in the queue?

No I was at the desk when the system crashed came back up twenty minutes later 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

It begs the question 

given that you could queue online and basically be guaranteed. Some fans just refuse to move with the digital age and then blame the club

Fire_At_The_Disco
3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

😝

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)