Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)

Swanny17

hughesie27
Just now, Scott Leitch said:

Im sorted. It was for relatives who due to medical issues had to give up their season books. They have 90 and 95 points odd each. They are back to health now and I wanted to surprise them. The time I got on it was sold out. When you read about people buying for people that couldn't care less about the game it makes you sick. 

Fair enough. What's the point in a loyalty system that doesn't get used for a final?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• been here before

• Fozzyonthefence

• Jambo 4 Ever

1971fozzy
10 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Everyone who "deserved" a ticket got them last Friday. Luck of the draw after that

pretty much. It was a risk for any ST holder holding off until today. Plenty folk posted about it. 
Glad I got ours last Friday but a few missed out today that were at the semi.

demand outstrips supply.  I think the club should have rewarded loyalty points before additional ticket for ST though

Cruickie's Moustache

2 of us trying to get 2 tickets per account but only managed to get 2 separate singles in same section but apart.

The good news is it is great to be in the final and have it over subscribed.

The bad news is there will be fans who are pissed off that a decent number of seats will have been taken up by folks who may not have been to a Hearts game before and just going for the jolly.

I suppose you just have to suck it up for the club going in the right direction.

Edited by Cruickie's Moustache

My daughter has her league cup semi final in the morning and then it's a mad dash to Hampden. Could be a great day.

John Blair
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'm glad you mentioned the club in your last paragraph. 

It's not the hard working staff at the ticket office to blame. 

The responsibility lies above the pay grade of the TO. 

The fans on here knew this arrangement would end in tears. 

The decision makers at the club knew better. 

Partly true. But the ticket office gave advice yesterday that people would be able to access the site and buy a ticket using another eligible season ticket reference. This wasn’t the case, and it wasn’t just me who experienced this. Bad policy is the club’s fault. Bad technical ticketing advice is actually the ticket office’s fault.  And yes, I’ve been to plenty games, got normally enough LPs. 

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Absolutely raging. Some tosser on Facebook meant to be a mate has bought an extra 4 tickets. Get this, for his auntie, uncle and their 2 brats from Chicago. Over on holiday and going to their first 'soccer match' I had asked for 2 but he had promised them. Awful. Why do people think this is ok. Reading about people with 100 and 110 points not being able to go. Hearts haven't handle this well.

This post should get bumped to the top of each page on this thread! Anyone defending the club’s approach needs to have a serious word!

McNelly15
21 minutes ago, 151 said:

My kids will be gutted.

We all went to Livingston, St Mirren and then the semi. 

Thought the phases were done well and thought it was fair. Gutted to miss out.

Yeah for sure. Doesn't help that Hampden small as well. Get it at murrayfield 😅🤣

Scott Leitch
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Fair enough. What's the point in a loyalty system that doesn't get used for a final?

It's not great. Anyway I've got the feelers out Hopefully sorted for a couple. I'll hear back tonight. Hope you are sorted.

Yeah, missed out too. They went really quick. I was in the queue at 8.30 nearly 2k people in front of me then, by the time i got in they were going faster than you could click on them.

FarmerTweedy
10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The problem has been giving ST holders the option to buy an extra ticket at phase 2.  There should have been a phase 3 for that if any left. Sorry, but this is a complete ill thought out cock up from Hearts.  Hopefully we never see this this process again for a final. 

Me and my two sons all at semi but zero tickets.   Sounds like way more deserving fans than us have missed out though. Disappointing but this was predicted by many.  The weird thing is though is the demand - compared to the Celtic final that we really struggled to sell out.

It's not that weird, really. In 2019 the team was pretty dire, barely scraping a place in the top half of the table, with a manager that really should have been sacked well before the final came around. I think the vast majority of fans felt pretty pessimistic about things, and not just our chances in the final.

This time, we're playing well, we've secured third in the league by a mile, guaranteed to be in group stage European football, and I think the vast majority of fans are now very optimistic about the future, even if most probably know we're big underdogs for the final!

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

It's not great. Anyway I've got the feelers out Hopefully sorted for a couple. I'll hear back tonight. Hope you are sorted.

I bought a Motherwell ticket last week to top me up to 120 points (No ST this year). Best decision I could have made!

Do The Dance

I was on at 0850, had 2500+ in front of me, but managed to get 1. It was just a single ticket though.

I'd imagine a few more will come available, either on here of through Hearts themselves.

Do The Dance
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Taking my mate to his first Scottish football game. He's buzzing

🤣

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, John Blair said:

Partly true. But the ticket office gave advice yesterday that people would be able to access the site and buy a ticket using another eligible season ticket reference. This wasn’t the case, and it wasn’t just me who experienced this. Bad policy is the club’s fault. Bad technical ticketing advice is actually the ticket office’s fault.  And yes, I’ve been to plenty games, got normally enough LPs. 

So it wasn’t just me being a technophobe?!  I was trying to get tickets for my two sons too.  Decided I’d either get 3 tickets or 0 tickets.  0 it is!

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Great gesture mate. Hope you both have a great day.

PapaShango

Tickets for the final always outstrip demand and some people will miss out. I wouldn't be surprised if some tickets pop up on here in the next couple of weeks. There are still Hampden hospitality tickets in the Hearts end up for sale for anyone willing to pay £300 to see the game. 

https://tickets-hampdenpark.priava.com/event/view/683-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian

3 minutes ago, pobster22 said:

Went to the semi final... missing the final gutted... 

Same and should never have been the case, disappointed to say the least, Hearts got this one all wrong.

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I got one for my Celtic supporting wife. She's delighted

That a real wasted ticket!

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Nice one. And at least she will be unequivocal in her dislike of our opponents on the day, unlike some so called PHM on here one could mention. Obviously one won't mention them but one could if one wanted to.

Fitzroy Pointon
8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

5 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

:naughty:

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Tickets for the final always outstrip demand and some people will miss out. I wouldn't be surprised if some tickets pop up on here in the next couple of weeks. There are still Hampden hospitality tickets in the Hearts end up for sale for anyone willing to pay £300 to see the game. 

https://tickets-hampdenpark.priava.com/event/view/683-rangers-vs-heart-of-midlothian

If only we had a loyalty points system ….

GlasgoJambo

Imagine what it must be like supporting one of the old firm.

Nothing to do with ticket allocations, just imagine. 

DC8131BD-EE6B-4610-9EC2-BDF529C7004A.gif

Ivan Drago
7 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Jeezo. I was hoping there was going to be a bog basic for the hospitality like there was for the semi but looks like £350 is as cheap as it gets?

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If only we had a loyalty points system ….

Loyalty points system gets exposed in big games like this.

Paul Shark
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

how did you manage that? I joined the queue at 8.50

Got in no bother but I think because I was trying to get 4 seats together. I actually managed to reserve single seats a couple of times, but didn't by them because one was for my son and didn't want him sitting 9n his own.

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Why would you do that instead of letting a hearts fan get it?

a rather silly thing to do 

gnasher75
On 27/04/2022 at 15:21, gnasher75 said:

Phase 2 is a bit bizarre. Must be lots of fans with a lot of loyalty points, but not 120, who couldn't go to the Hibs game. They will have to rely on a mate buying them a ticket for the final while someone who went to the semi final for their first ever Hearts game can buy two tickets.

Called it as soon as the club announced how they were selling tickets. Posted similar on Twitter to try to get them to rethink it. We have a loyalty points system for exactly this situation. Shocking decision by the club not to use it. 

I am a season ticket holder and got my tickets last Friday so no vested interest. Just think this should have been done a lot more fairly. 

My mate who was at the semi managed to get a ticket through my reference.  He isn’t an ST holder but goes to the games.

A wee bonus there given the situation.  

GlasgoJambo
15 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nice one. Rugby fan?

hughesie27
13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Assume that 4.6k option is for a group booking!?
Also see that Rangers have an extra, cheaper option than us. 

Edited by hughesie27

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The problem is that non fans are getting tickets while fans aren’t.  Not something we should be wanting to long continue. 

You're basing this on a second hand "mate on Facebook" story though.

Heartsmad1874

Sale starts at 9 but i was in queue from 0825 and was 356 anyone logging in at 0850/0900 had no chance.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

tartofmidlothian

Reading some of the comments on the big thread, it seems a lot of people with high loyalty point counts which just weren't high enough, or fans at the semi who weren't quick enough, were edged out by the massive demand caused by giving the same customers three tickets before anyone else got a turn. It's no big deal to the club, they got a quick sell-out, but the way tickets were distributed according to LP in our last three finals (not counting 2020) was much fairer. Plenty of folk who attend a dozen games every season won't be there, while folk who haven't been in Tynie for years will. Gutted for the guy on the big thread who had 110 LP. I don't have that many, but enough to get me there in 2012 and 2019.

Not a dig at anyone who dig get tickets, I'm sure they'll give the team just as great backing, but when we get to a final again can the club go back to assigning tickets the way they used to? HHGH

Jeffros Furios

Didn't get a ticket but never attempted to get one.. I'm devastated. 

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Didn't get a ticket but never attempted to get one.. I'm devastated. 

I emailed the club warning of exactly this. Could see it was going to happen but did Budge listen? Did she ****.

Jeffros Furios
Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

I emailed the club warning of exactly this. Could see it was going to happen but did Budge listen? Did she ****.

Join me in a protest outside the ticket office for those of us missing out due to Hearts not having the decency to contact me .

Never going to a game again ever !! 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I’ve said before and say it again that the club sometimes takes fans for granted 

Pasquale for King

I’m sure all of us in the queue wish anyone who got one for a non supporter all the worst. Two hour queue, ST holder and others at semi NOT guaranteed tickets it seems. 

8A7D2A56-8563-472A-A0D4-A2788BB8011B.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

JAMBO _MOBY
12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's not that weird, really. In 2019 the team was pretty dire, barely scraping a place in the top half of the table, with a manager that really should have been sacked well before the final came around. I think the vast majority of fans felt pretty pessimistic about things, and not just our chances in the final.

This time, we're playing well, we've secured third in the league by a mile, guaranteed to be in group stage European football, and I think the vast majority of fans are now very optimistic about the future, even if most probably know we're big underdogs for the final!

Sensible post. Maybe the club underestimated demand when they set the rules.  

It’s never perfect but it seems that there are lots of people unfairly dealt with this time.  

As someone who lives in England and only gets to a handful of games a season I’ve got no Chance via loyalty points. I always get along to cup games and semi finals to try and maximise my chances at the final just incase. I’m probably classed as a ‘day tripper’ to some people. 

I went in 86 but was only 10. Couldn’t get tickets in 96, got priority by attending a league game for 98. Paid £100 to a random guy on here for 06. Paid a fortune for hospitality in 2012 and got via semi final ticket in 2019 and 2022.

there will be tickets being traded for the next few weeks, I just hope as many disappointed people get sorted as possible. 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

Join me in a protest outside the ticket office for those of us missing out due to Hearts not having the decency to contact me .

Never going to a game again ever !! 

They take us fans for granted too many times 

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup Final pre match thread - SOLD OUT (updated/merged)