Robbie Appreciation Thread

Robbies right hand man

Nookie Bear

To be fair, this Bodo lad is clearly decent and appears to have found the magic formula. He will get a big offer in the next 12 months I reckon. 

But quite why this one man is debated endlessly on here as some sort of alternative to Neilson is beyond me. 

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be fair, this Bodo lad is clearly decent and appears to have found the magic formula. He will get a big offer in the next 12 months I reckon. 

But quite why this one man is debated endlessly on here as some sort of alternative to Neilson is beyond me. 

Alex Neil is out of the picture in the straw clutching stakes for the Neilson haters.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Of course any thing else is complete madness every new manager is a risk and you should only take that risk when things are going poorly

Never mind the fact that if we get into a club culture of sacking managers who are doing well just because we think the grass could be greener, nobody will want to come manage us!

13 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Never mind the fact that if we get into a club culture of sacking managers who are doing well just because we think the grass could be greener, nobody will want to come manage us!

Or worse we end up with Shaun Maloney 

9 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Every year the OF is playing for the title. Every year they slip on banana skins. It was a fluke of the kind that happens every season. (And with those pining for Stendel, it's always the Rangers game, never the Hamilton game, isn't it?)

Yeah most of been some fluke alright, beat them in the league and the cup but it was a fluke 🙄

I already did and apparently you didn't bother to read it, but to recap, they built slowly over time and gave a promising manager time to build his squad and spent their money wisely. He's in his fourth year. Stability is crucial.

That's a fair point but whether you like it or not, Robbie will be judged at Hearts, the point I made is if bodo can do alright in Europe etc why can a club like hearts that pay more in wages not? 

Their keeper is from Chelsea. You can look these things up.

He was at Chelsea in 2010 he's had 8 other clubs since then most notably, he took a year out the game from his stint in Israel. 

Transfermarkt says they paid over £700k in 2020 alone, so this seems wrong.

In the last ten years they have paid a total of £932.000 in transfer fees, this information is available via transfermarkt. 

UEFA's website says they made €7m in UEFA payments alone last year this is plainly incorrect.

In the last 5 years they have made £17.140,000 in players sales, so as I said over £15 million in sales from the last 5 years 👍And still being competitive in Europe. 

Just maybe!

😂😂

Ah yes, ra youths! Of course I have no idea but this always seems like a backhanded way to have a swipe at Neilson for his failure to make the SPFL re-instate the reserve league, which has traditionally been how Hearts brought its youth along but isn't available at the moment.

Tried and trusted under Robbie, I believe we have great youth coming through at all levels at club, and Connor Smith, Scott Mcgill, Finlay Pollock, Cammy Logan, should all play a part next season but I doubt they will. 

Unlike us Bödo give youth a chance and stick by them. 

Please tell me how a club paying less in wages than Aberdeen and Hibernian FC is 16 points ahead of each. And I never said they were buying their way to success. I said they were slowly building revenues and spending them wisely without making stupid rash decisions like undermining their manager with grass-is-greener shite during the rebuilding project.

Can you please show me how Hibs are paying more than us in wages? Because according to this they aren't? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.1sports1.com/scottish-premiership-clubs-ranked-on-wage-bill/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwihjejq0d72AhXKN8AKHbxZBi0QFnoECAQQBQ&usg=AOvVaw1esONSdj4wvXEwFg6uVwt7

Aberdeen yes but not by much. 

I'm not sure where you're getting that, but I think those numbers must be in Kronen. The best I can find say that Rosenborg's wage bill in 2020 was around £9m while Bodo/Glimt's was around £4m. I would expect that's now a good bit higher given their European success.

When the pandemic came into play most player's had to take a pay cut, with most player's accepting the wage cut permanently, as most clubs wouldn't of survived. 

Bödo highest paid player is on £2.5k a week. 

Rosenborg's stadium is the size of Easter Road, Bödo/Glimt's is the size of McDiarmid. In terms of ticket revenues Bödo/Glimt finishing above Rosenborg is roughly as shocking as St. Johnstone finishing above Hibs.

Meanwhile, Norway's Eliteserien TV revenue £68m while the SPFL gets £30m. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domestic_football_league_broadcast_deals_by_country )  Additionally, all of their top clubs depend on European income to supplement their success, which again, as I put in my first post, is how Bödo/Glimt built their side into Mourinho beaters.

Irrelevant as still with the TV deal, Norway as a nation can't pay as much as the Scottish Premiership does. 

Hearts pay far more in wages than bodo. 

£3.9mil too bodos £1.6mil. 

Also they contuine to lose player after player, but this doesn't stop them from bringing through more gems, and picking up domestic based talent. 

Bodo/Glimt annual wage bill is less than Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs and roughly about the same as Livingston / Ross County . It just shows you what a well structured ambitious club with a top coach can achieve.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah most of been some fluke alright, beat them in the league and the cup but it was a fluke 🙄

That's a fair point but whether you like it or not, Robbie will be judged at Hearts, the point I made is if bodo can do alright in Europe etc why can a club like hearts that pay more in wages not? 

He was at Chelsea in 2010 he's had 8 other clubs since then most notably, he took a year out the game from his stint in Israel. 

In the last ten years they have paid a total of £932.000 in transfer fees, this information is available via transfermarkt. 

In the last 5 years the have made £17.140,000 in players sales, so as I said over £15 million in sales from the last 5 years 👍And still being competitive in Europe. 

😂😂

Tried and trusted under Robbie, I believe we have great youth coming through at all levels at club, and Connor Smith, Scott Mcgill, Finlay Pollock, Cammy Logan, should all play a part next season but I doubt they will. 

Can you please show me how Hibs are paying more than us in wages? Because according to this they aren't? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.1sports1.com/scottish-premiership-clubs-ranked-on-wage-bill/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwihjejq0d72AhXKN8AKHbxZBi0QFnoECAQQBQ&usg=AOvVaw1esONSdj4wvXEwFg6uVwt7

When the pandemic came into play most player's had to take a pay cut, with most player's accepting the wage cut permanently, as most clubs wouldn't of survived. 

Irrelevant as still with the TV deal, Norway as a nation can't pay as much as the Scottish Premiership does. 

Also they contuine to lose player after player, but this doesn't stop them from bringing through more gems, and picking up domestic based talent. 

Bodo/Glimt annual wage bill is less than Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs and roughly about the same as Livingston / Ross County . It just shows you what a well structured ambitious club with a top coach can achieve.

You are rabid. 

You will look at anything across any league to try and grasp at a way to have a pop at Bob and down play any achievement. 

Bodo glimt have done well. No one will deny that. (it has taken time, tho) 

However, Only in your universe can that be twisted into something negative to throw at Hearts and Bob. 

It's quite an effort you go to  in order to down play any achievement by Bob. 

It's actually quite impressive

You're not the only person to look at Belgium, Norway, Leicester and think  Hearts could do that. 

However, You're the only person to somehow twist the success of these clubs into digs at Hearts and Bob. 

You need to ask yourself - why? 

We are 3rd, in the sc sf and by all accounts looking upwards. 

You sit there there scowling away because some Norwegian team won a title. 

At least you've given up the Stendel chat. 

Baby steps. 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You are rabid. 

You will look at anything across any league to try and grasp at a way to have a pop at Bob and down play any achievement. 

Bodo glimt have done well. No one will deny that. (it has taken time, tho) 

However, Only in your universe can that be twisted into something negative to throw at Hearts and Bob. 

It's quite an effort you go to  in order to down play any achievement by Bob. 

It's actually quite impressive

You're not the only person to look at Belgium, Norway, Leicester and think  Hearts could do that. 

However, You're the only person to somehow twist the success of these clubs into digs at Hearts and Bob. 

You need to ask yourself - why? 

We are 3rd, in the sc sf and by all accounts looking upwards. 

You sit there there scowling away because some Norwegian team won a title. 

At least you've given up the Stendel chat. 

Baby steps. 

No I present facts. 

Hold on a minute I've said if Robbie manages to win the cup with us, he arguably and in my opinion has to go down as Hearts greatest manager ever in recent times, but okay. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

No I present facts. 

All which are irrelevant to Hearts and their place in Scottish football. 

Interesting tho.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

All which are irrelevant to Hearts and their place in Scottish football. 

Interesting tho.

See above you ignore that. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

See above you ignore that. 

Yip, all irrelevant to Hearts and Scottish football. 

Litterally nonsense. 

A million fans from  thousands of  clubs from man Utd to Ross County could cite the success of Bodo Glimt and go in the huff, slag their team , manager and down play any success because their team has not had the same success. 

They don't tho, because they are sane, balanced folk. 

You really need to ask yourself why you are on a positive thread about our manager and team - that are doing well and you are all over it talking shite about Bodo  ****ing Glimt. 

At least the Stendel shite has stopped tho, because that was not factual or interesting. 

And, you are correct, the Bodo Glimt stuff is interesting even if it has nothing at all to do with Scottish football and Hearts. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No I present facts. 

Hold on a minute I've said if Robbie manages to win the cup with us, he arguably and in my opinion has to go down as Hearts greatest manager ever in recent times, but okay. 

That's also shite( at least at this time). 

Your appraisal of he's the same as Jack Ross but if he wins 2 games he's then the  greatest Hearts manager ever is way  out there. 

Bat shit mental train of thought. 

28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That's also shite( at least at this time). 

Your appraisal of he's the same as Jack Ross but if he wins 2 games he's then the  greatest Hearts manager ever is way  out there. 

Bat shit mental train of thought. 

Nope I measure success on what you win, when you go to the Olympics you don't win a bronze you receive the bronze, you don't win the silver you receive, you win gold though. 

So if Robbie wins the cup he receives gold, there is no trophy for second place in football 😂😂 not hard too understand. 

52 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, all irrelevant to Hearts and Scottish football. 

Litterally nonsense. 

A million fans from  thousands of  clubs from man Utd to Ross County could cite the success of Bodo Glimt and go in the huff, slag their team , manager and down play any success because their team has not had the same success. 

They don't tho, because they are sane, balanced folk. 

You really need to ask yourself why you are on a positive thread about our manager and team - that are doing well and you are all over it talking shite about Bodo  ****ing Glimt. 

At least the Stendel shite has stopped tho, because that was not factual or interesting. 

And, you are correct, the Bodo Glimt stuff is interesting even if it has nothing at all to do with Scottish football and Hearts. 

Struggle to see what I said about Stendel that wasn't factual or interesting, got Barnsley promoted, despite three other teams paying more in wages that season most notably Sunderland fact. 

From promotion had his teams spine ripped apart with top goalscorer moving on Kieffer Moore sold, Liam Lindsay and Ethan Pinnock the centre half pairing sold and replaced with kids. 

Goalkeeper Adam Davies lost on a free transfer, due to board not meeting his wage demands. 

Ryan hedges the exact same as above, two players who earned international caps under Stendel. 

His teams spine totally ****ed. 

And replaced with kids due to there moneyball strategy, most notably the guy that replaced him brought in two experienced pros, and said to the board we need experience to stay in the league. 

His time at Nancy, Amine bassi playmaker chipped in with goals, now on loan to Barnsley great player. 

Heartbeat of team Kenny Rocha Santos, centre midfielder left on free transfer. 

Christopher wooh young ball playing centre half. 

And the list goes again replaced with kids due to the affiliation of clubs and money ball strategy. 

This is all facts. 

Sorry I don't judge someone on three months coming into a shit hole how any sane person can do that is beyond me, considering the mess that was left for him that you fail to mention, as the guy who left the mess he holds a special place in you're heart. 

No accountability whatsoever I've been honest given Robbie credit. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Struggle to see what I said about Stendel that wasn't factual or interesting, got Barnsley promoted, despite three other teams paying more in wages that season most notably Sunderland fact. 

From promotion had his teams spine ripped apart with top goalscorer moving on Kieffer Moore sold, Liam Lindsay and Ethan Pinnock the centre half pairing sold and replaced with kids. 

Goalkeeper Adam Davies lost on a free transfer, due to board not meeting his wage demands. 

Ryan hedges the exact same as above, two players who earned international caps under Stendel. 

And replaced with kids due to there moneyball strategy, most notably the guy that replaced him brought in two experienced pros, and said to the board we need experience to stay in the league. 

His time at Nancy, Amine bassi playmaker chipped in with goals, now on loan to Barnsley great player. 

And the list goes again replaced with kids due to the affiliation of clubs and money ball strategy. 

This is all facts. 

Sorry I don't judge someone on three months coming into a shit hole how any sane person can do that is beyond me, considering the mess that was left for him that you fail to mention, as the guy who left the mess he holds a special place in you're heart. 

Ah but did he win promotion and did he receive a medal for being a runner up

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ah but did he win promotion and did he receive a medal for being a runner up

No but I would say promotion to the championship is better than winning the Scottish championship, again maybe some see that as an achievement. 

I think we can judge that as Robbie, tried to get Mk dons promoted from the same league but didn't? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No but I would say promotion to the championship is equivalent to winning the Scottish championship, again maybe some see that as an achievement. 

It is all relative Barnsley faced tougher competition but they also had more resources so relatively speaking it is not really as good an achievement they received a promotion as opposed to winning the league

Nookie Bear

It is immeasurably easier for Bodo to compete at the top of the Norwegian league because they are not up against two clubs with the spending power of the old firm.

In 2020/21 the highest fee paid by a Norwegian club was £900k - Rosenborg spent the most at around £2.5m - with Molde and Valerenga spending £720k each on a player.

In the same year, celtic spent £4.9m on Ajeti, £4.5m on Barkas, Rangers spent £4.5 on Roofe and £3.1 on Hagi.

It will take more than simple belief and a high press to compete with that on a regular basis, although it can be achieved on occasion, as Hearts and Bodo have proven against celtic this season.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is all relative Barnsley faced tougher competition but they also had more resources so relatively speaking it is not really as good an achievement they received a promotion as opposed to winning the league

Fair enough I just think when you consider what the likes of Sunderland were paying in wages etc okay they were a bit of a basket case at the time, but they were still favourites for promotion. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Fair enough I just think when you consider what the likes of Sunderland were paying in wages etc okay they were a bit of a basket case at the time, but they were still favourites for promotion. 

It is crazy what has happened to Sunderland I still do not understand why they appointed Jack Ross some of his signings were crazy when you consider the sort of money they must have had to spend

Berra than you
Just now, Sooks said:

It is crazy what has happened to Sunderland I still do not understand why they appointed Jack Ross some of his signings were crazy when you consider the sort of money they must have had to spend

In fairness to Ross (dunno why I'm defending him but here we are), there was a scene in the Sunderland Netflix documentary showing Ross tell the owners don't pay that for that player, he's not worth more than that. Owners go ahead and overspend anyway.

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

In fairness to Ross (dunno why I'm defending him but here we are), there was a scene in the Sunderland Netflix documentary showing Ross tell the owners don't pay that for that player, he's not worth more than that. Owners go ahead and overspend anyway.

I never got around to watching that program I might give it a go

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Had very good youth tbf young josh Maja has never been the same since he left. 

Joel Asoro was a good player too. 

Then Gooch etc didn't have the worst team. 

And they took Jon McLaughlin too. 

So didn't have a bad keeper thought he was a decent keeper at us. 

And I say that with my English team being Newcastle 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I never got around to watching that program I might give it a go

It's bonkers. It is no surprise they find themselves where they are being run in that manner.

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Had very good youth tbf young josh Maja has never been the same since he left. 

Joel Asoro was a good player too. 

Then Gooch etc didn't have the worst team. 

And they took Jon McLaughlin too. 

So didn't have a bad keeper thought he was a decent keeper at us. 

And I say that with my English team being Newcastle 😂

Ozturk was a weird signing I thought and did they not take that young lad who could not buy a goal for us as well the one we took from Queens

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Bongo vs Bazza.  This is Frazier Ali playing out infront of our very eyes!  What a time to be alive, yo!!!!

😂😂.

Edited by Bongo 1874

39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It is immeasurably easier for Bodo to compete at the top of the Norwegian league because they are not up against two clubs with the spending power of the old firm.

In 2020/21 the highest fee paid by a Norwegian club was £900k - Rosenborg spent the most at around £2.5m - with Molde and Valerenga spending £720k each on a player.

In the same year, celtic spent £4.9m on Ajeti, £4.5m on Barkas, Rangers spent £4.5 on Roofe and £3.1 on Hagi.

It will take more than simple belief and a high press to compete with that on a regular basis, although it can be achieved on occasion, as Hearts and Bodo have proven against celtic this season.

Sitting in does not work against the old firm, it is vital to land first blow this gives them something to think about, they open up but have to watch you don't get a second. 

being hard to beat is fine but you have to press them into submission, match every run on the park. 

Don't sit in awe of there better players, feck there player's in fact we have good player's ourselves let them worry about us, but show enough respect to not underestimate them. 

Not leveins biggest fan but he got it spot on that day. 

Was great to watch being apart of it was even better, seeing those horrible *******s know there unbeaten run was coming to an end. 

Every player that day wow!! 

What an effort. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Unknown user
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Sitting in does not work against the old firm, it is vital to land first blow this gives them something to think about, they open up but have to watch you don't get a second. 

Sitting and being hard to beat is fine but you have to press them into submission, match every run on the park. 

Don't sit in awe of there better players, feck there player's in fact we have good player's ourselves let them worry about us, but show enough respect to not underestimate them. 

Not leveins biggest fan but he got it spot on that day. 

Was great to watch being apart of it was even better, seeing those horrible *******s know there unbeaten run was coming to an end. 

Every player that day wow!! 

What an effort. 

So what? We have a great manager, quit shit stirring.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Ozturk was a weird signing I thought and did they not take that young lad who could not buy a goal for us as well the one we took from Queens

are you thinking of robbie muirhead, if so neilson took him to MK Dons

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This is all facts. 

He failed to keep Heart of Midlothian above 12th.

He failed in his job. 

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He failed to keep Heart of Midlothian above 12th.

He failed in his job. 

How can you hold that against him when one we weren't physically able to finish the league, the decision was taken completely out of our hands, what made it even more stupid was we couldn't play the league to a finish.

But we played the Scottish Cup semi and final something that Stendel helped us get too. 

It was a case of making the rules up as you go along, and we suffered because of it which was a national disgrace, Premier league played to a finish, championship played to a finish, Scottish football embarrassing and why any hearts fan can see that different is bonkers, we were shafted, Celtic given a title they never truly outright won. 

Disgusting. 

You think if it was hearts top of the league? And Celtic and Rangers were say only five points behind they would hand us the title 😂😂 would they feck. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Thought this was supposed to be a Robbie appreciation thread for the positive posts?  Plenty of other threads to discuss the anti-Robbie points?

Anyway, good job Robbie...keep it up and keep moving forward.

4 minutes ago, Gards said:

Thought this was supposed to be a Robbie appreciation thread for the positive posts?  Plenty of other threads to discuss the anti-Robbie points?

Anyway, good job Robbie...keep it up and keep moving forward.

I've given Robbie criticism and I've praised him, he deserves credit. 

He's doing a good job but anytime he's criticised they bring up Stendel as a deflection tactic, which is pure bullshit and doesn't hold any credibility at all. 

But you're right let's get this back on topic 👍

Sorry. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

48 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

are you thinking of robbie muirhead, if so neilson took him to MK Dons

No it was not him I am sure they signed the lad that we got from Queens or they at least looked at him because I remember wondering if it was an April Fool

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

No it was not him I am sure they signed the lad that we got from Queens or they at least looked at him because I remember wondering if it was an April Fool

Looks like he never actually signed for them and ended up at Bristol Rovers Gavin Reilly Gavin Reilly - Player profile 21/22 | Transfermarkt Sunderland set to swoop as striker Gavin Reilly announces St Mirren departure - Chronicle Live

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How can you hold that against him when one we weren't physically able to finish the league, the decision was taken completely out of our hands, what made it even more stupid was we couldn't play the league to a finish.

But we played the Scottish Cup semi and final something that Stendel helped us get too. 

It was a case of making the rules up as you go along, and we suffered because of it which was a national disgrace, Premier league played to a finish, championship played to a finish, Scottish football embarrassing and why any hearts fan can see that different is bonkers, we were shafted, Celtic given a title they never truly outright won. 

Disgusting. 

You think if it was hearts top of the league? And Celtic and Rangers were say only five points behind they would hand us the title 😂😂 would they feck. 

All he had to do was keep us 10th or drop only 1 place. 

He failed. He had us 4 points from safety. You have him down as some revolutionary and a few years later are still rattling on about him. Yet the reality is he taken a poor CL team, got key injured players back, made signings and made us worse. 

I liked the guy-most did, Strangley your obsession with him has made me dislike him more and more. 

No one knows if he'd have kept us up or not, but sticking to the facts that  you like so much- he taken us to  bottom of a league that had Hamilton in it, a side that under him destroyed us for 20/30  minutes until they got a player sent off ( at home). 

You then moved on to use Bodo Gimt to somehow play down any relative success we have and have derailed this thread with more irrelevant pish

You have an issue with Neilson. 

It's borderline insanity. 

The guys league record with us is 1st, 3rd, left in 2nd, 1st, 3rd and we are improving in the cups yet all you can manage is  some shit like " he's just done what Ross did" while prattling on about Bodo Gimt and Stendel. 

Re read the op, take a deep breathe, get in board the happy train. 

Forgive Bob for whatever he has done to offend you and forget about Stendel, he's history. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Couldn't be bothered quoting your entire post, but basically you're continuing to make the same mistake of comparing Hearts to Bode.

You should be comparing the Norwegian top league to the Scottish Premiership in terms of the challenges facing a Bode manager compared to the challenges facing a Hearts manager.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can beat Rangers but can't muddle the most critical results against Hamilton and Mirren at the most critical point in the season, but aye he's the answer.

And I keep answering this point but you don't want to hear it. Hearts can absolutely do this IF we build slowly and give a promising manager time to work rather than shitting ourselves over a dude in Norway.

In the last 5 years they have made £17.140,000 in players sales, so as I said over £15 million in sales from the last 5 years 👍And still being competitive in Europe. 

I misunderstood what you said by "made £15m." Thought that was revenue. Not really sure what the point of this is though.

😂😂

Chronic, absolutely chronic.

I have no idea where that information comes from as that article doesn't cite a source (and what is 1sports1?) but generally because contract terms are mostly quiet, accurate information about wage bills doesn't come out until the Global Sports Salary Survey is released. Currently you have to spend money to see the 2020 survey, the 2019 one is free, and the 2021 isn't out yet. As such I'm highly dubious of those figures, and they frankly look far too low across the board. No chance Celtic's wage bill is only £18m.

What on earth is that supposed to mean? Regardless of what they can or cannot pay, the TV deal is worth over twice as much, that's just plain publicly available information. That almost certainly means second in the Eliteserien has a much bigger prize payout than third in the SPFL.

What is different is that the SPFL makes a much higher percentage of its revenue from ticket sales than the Eliteserien but

Both of those figures look far too small. And again, the publicly available GSSS data are now 3 years old and most other figures are just estimates as, again, player contracts are private and the full details are rarely released.

Yes, it's just a shame we don't have any local talent from Northern Ireland and Scotland in our team, other than Craig Gordon, Craig Halkett, John Souttar, Stephen Kingsley, Aaron Hickey, Michael Smith, Liam Boyce, Barrie McKay, Gary MacKay-Steven, and several others I'm forgetting. Tragic.

Bodo/Glimt annual wage bill is less than Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs and roughly about the same as Livingston / Ross County . It just shows you what a well structured ambitious club with a top coach can achieve when given several years to build and some European success to fill out the wage bill some more.

FTFY

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I've given Robbie criticism and I've praised him, he deserves credit. 

He's doing a good job but anytime he's criticised they bring up Stendel as a deflection tactic, which is pure bullshit and doesn't hold any credibility at all. 

But you're right let's get this back on topic 👍

Sorry. 

The question is why critcise when we're doing so well? 3rd place, in a winnable semi final and playing great football is as good as it gets for us aside from actually winning the cup. There are times to have a go but this isn't it.

Goodwin, Ross, Davidson, Wright, McInnes, Robinson, even Martindale... all have been heavily touted by the Robbie Out lot (whenever they put a little run of form together, then their backers go quiet and move the next flash in the pan) as a better option than Neilson. Looks like he's having the last laugh and will probably end up have a better managerial career than all of them, especially considering his age.

As for Stendel, that was one of the worst seasons in our history and he was a full part of it, unlike Neilson who has been behind the recovery. Why bring it up and why praise the guy who was given the job of avoiding the iceberg and instead headed straight for it? 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I have no idea where that information comes from as that article doesn't cite a source (and what is 1sports1?) but generally because contract terms are mostly quiet, accurate information about wage bills doesn't come out until the Global Sports Salary Survey is released. Currently you have to spend money to see the 2020 survey, the 2019 one is free, and the 2021 isn't out yet. As such I'm highly dubious of those figures, and they frankly look far too low across the board. No chance Celtic's wage bill is only £18m.

In any case what matters is Bode's wages in relation to the likes of Molde and Rosenburg, and how often they have to play the top teams in their league. It seems we can confidently say the financial gap between Bode and the top two teams is way, way smaller than between us and the OF. And the four games a year against both the OF is what makes our league so uncompetitive. I'd fancy us to put in a much better challenge in an 18 team league playing each other twice.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Disgusting. 

No one can deny that the arbitrary demotion was unfair. However, Stendel took over 10 December. From that time on, he managed TWO league wins over 14 games and a total of 11 points. In the form table during that time we were dead last. No Hearts team should EVER be 12th in the form table over 14 games. The only two times in recent memory that we were that bad over ANY 14 game stretch in the league was under Cathro and in admin.

In that time, against the next four teams in the table, he played five games and collected TWO POINTS. We were FOUR POINTS ADRIFT with EIGHT GAMES to go. Even if we finished the season, the chances that Stendel was going to close that gap and reach safety were very long odds given that he had JUST blown multiple opportunities to narrow it.

We were 12th because we deserved to be 12th, because we had a manager who aye, beat Rangers but couldn't win a single other league home game during his tenure.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

No one can deny that the arbitrary demotion was unfair. However, Stendel took over 10 December. From that time on, he managed TWO league wins over 14 games and a total of 11 points. In the form table during that time we were dead last. No Hearts team should EVER be 12th in the form table over 14 games. The only two times in recent memory that we were that bad over ANY 14 game stretch in the league was under Cathro and in admin.

In that time, against the next four teams in the table, he played five games and collected TWO POINTS. We were FOUR POINTS ADRIFT with EIGHT GAMES to go. Even if we finished the season, the chances that Stendel was going to close that gap and reach safety were very long odds given that he had JUST blown multiple opportunities to narrow it.

We were 12th because we deserved to be 12th, because we had a manager who aye, beat Rangers but couldn't win a single other league home game during his tenure.

The worse thing about Stendel was that he made the other teams around us - who we HAD to beat - more confident. They knew how we would play and knew exactly how to beat us - just by doing even more of what they are good at anyhow: lumping it up the park and chasing it. At the time I was sure 8 games even under Stendel would have been enough to keep us up, but seeing his Nancy results now I'm not so sure. He had at least brought Zlamal back by the end but there were still few signs that he was willing to adapt his preferred style of play to teams that were happy to sit back, play zero football and just lump it up the park for 90 mins.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The worse thing about Stendel was that he made the other teams around us - who we HAD to beat - more confident. They knew how we would play and knew exactly how to beat us - just by doing even more of what they are good at anyhow: lumping it up the park and chasing it. At the time I was sure 8 games even under Stendel would have been enough to keep us up, but seeing his Nancy results now I'm not so sure. He had at least brought Zlamal back by the end but there were still few signs that he was willing to adapt his preferred style of play to teams that were happy to sit back, play zero football and just lump it up the park for 90 mins.

I was sure that after the January window he was going to pull things back together and get us on the right side of things. It was the Hamilton game that gave me a deep sense of doom, and after that final Mirren game, even though I could see all the arguments against just declaring the season done, I had lost all but the faintest hope that we'd recover.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I was sure that after the January window he was going to pull things back together and get us on the right side of things. It was the Hamilton game that gave me a deep sense of doom, and after that final Mirren game, even though I could see all the arguments against just declaring the season done, I had lost all but the faintest hope that we'd recover.

Yeah we didn't deserve to be demoted but we would absolutely have deserved relegation if it had happened after the full fixture list. In the end, we've come back stronger than we might have if we'd managed to scrape a couple of wins under Stendel and stay up so all's well that ends well.

One thing is that while Stendel was terrible against the anti-football teams, which was all that mattered in terms of his main job, I would have been interested to see how he'd do against Hibs in the semi then Celtic in the final, which would have been much more open games with more football played. The way we played against Hibs and Rangers suggests they could have been interesting. But there's no defence for the way we approached those last few must-win games, and in the end we did very well in those two cup games anyhow with a much weaker squad than Stendel would have had available for them.

Edited by ToqueJambo

You know what....for the first time in a good long while we are having a good season, 3rd pretty much settled and a winnable SC semi final to come. 

I'm enjoying this season, im enjoying watching us, and Robbie deserves a lot of praise, along with others, for bringing us to this point. 

I don't know what the point of continually pining for someone else is, there is zero guarantee another manager would do as well as Robbie, and why would you replace him anyway? 

I get that, for some, they will never like him, and always want him out. Maybe they don't like his hair, maybe the way he dresses, maybe he went rogue and slept with a few of kickbacks finest relatives. I dunno.

What I do know, is that this is a Robbie appreciation thread, he has done a good job this season, and could do even better in the weeks ahead. Why, for the love of God, can't some just give it a rest and enjoy us having a good season?!!! 

Nookie Bear
54 minutes ago, Vansen said:

You know what....for the first time in a good long while we are having a good season, 3rd pretty much settled and a winnable SC semi final to come. 

I'm enjoying this season, im enjoying watching us, and Robbie deserves a lot of praise, along with others, for bringing us to this point. 

I don't know what the point of continually pining for someone else is, there is zero guarantee another manager would do as well as Robbie, and why would you replace him anyway? 

I get that, for some, they will never like him, and always want him out. Maybe they don't like his hair, maybe the way he dresses, maybe he went rogue and slept with a few of kickbacks finest relatives. I dunno.

What I do know, is that this is a Robbie appreciation thread, he has done a good job this season, and could do even better in the weeks ahead. Why, for the love of God, can't some just give it a rest and enjoy us having a good season?!!! 

Yeah, but Bodo… 😴 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Most other clubs, the SFA, most pundits and the courts all thought it was fair.

Bazzas right boot
On 25/03/2022 at 08:41, sassenach said:

Obviously I'm not pleased that Hearts were demoted, but I'm glad that Robbie was appointed when he was and that he has been able to build in the way he has.  I think that things have actually worked out in our favour, and I'm happily looking forward to progress being maintained over the next few seasons.

If Stendel had managed to keep us off the bottom and Robbie hadn't been appointed, who knows what might have happened?  I certainly don't think that we would be anywhere near where we are at the moment.  I've not come on here to knock Stendel, but all the evidence suggests that his good season at Barnsley was a one-off.

The simple fact is that, in terms of league performances, there isn't another current manager in Scotland whose record is anywhere near as consistent over the long term as Robbie's.  He'll need a cup win to ever win over some fans, but I think that we are lucky to have him.

Yip, his league record is

1st

3rd.

Left us in  2nd/3rd. 

1st

3rd

He's also taken us to a sc final were we lost on penalties. 

It's not been  perfect and cup performances need to become more consistant. 

The 1st place finishes were Ofc in the championship, many fans dismiss this as success but when you look at the difficult time Rangers, Hibs, utd had and now Killie are having and even legends like Doddie had in the past ( when 2 went up) it really gives it some context. 

If he stays with us for 4/5 seasons we could have a relative golden period and be set up to go to the next level that some believe we should be at.