Robbie Appreciation Thread

Robbies right hand man

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let's see if he can win it. 

Mind Gordon was out for about 4 years. So many stories, narratives. Time for another rum n coke

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

iwasthere1954
13 hours ago, Bickfest said:

7 and 7 makes sense. 1 team resting each round. Same number of games as now and equal numbers home and away.

Yes but surely you'll still get the obvious 3 away games to one team. I'd much rather play each team twice therefore it's all level.if its a fourteen team league you split after you play each team home and away thats twenty six games. The top six play each other home and away which gives a top league of thirty six gamea and the bottom eight would play forty games.

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

McKay's first time pass for opener made it perfect for Simms. Put him through second half again first time. Very lucky not to be on crutches. Boyce should have buried one. Not much Nelson could do about that.

Tears and snotters elsewhere. Winning is everything. 

As I said I’ve not had a chance to watch the game on the box, I’ll be honest and say I didn’t even know McKay made the pass for Simms goal but that aside I was expecting more from Barrie on the big pitch. Boyce should have scored but was anonymous otherwise. What’s Boyce missing a sitter got to do with RN? I’ve maybe misread how you’ve replied but if you’re looking for an argument I can’t be arsed, and if you’re not then I apologise. 

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Mind Gordon was out for about 4 years. So many stories, narratives. Time for another rum n coke

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We’ve just won a semi final against hibs and certain people are desperate to roam on the parade, even giving it the “can he win the final?” ultimatum garbage. 

People like that will never get football. When you win a big cup game or when you beat your local rivals, you don’t care how it’s done as long as it is done - that’s the Gorgie Way when it comes to that lot. 

So sod off and knock one out over Alex Neil, Daniel Stendel or that Norwegian twat and let us get on with the task in hand of celebrating OUR team. 

😂😂

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

We’ve just won a semi final against hibs and certain people are desperate to roam on the parade, even giving it the “can he win the final?” ultimatum garbage. 

People like that will never get football. When you win a big cup game or when you beat your local rivals, you don’t care how it’s done as long as it is done - that’s the Gorgie Way when it comes to that lot. 

So sod off and knock one out over Alex Neil, Daniel Stendel or that Norwegian twat and let us get on with the task in hand of celebrating OUR team. 

Well said Nookie. 

:jambobanana:   :jambobanana:  :jambobanana:   

:flagwave: 

Just now, FC Wacker München said:

Whereas Daniel is unemployable  :laugh: 

Yep Daniel won promotion with Barnsley same league as Bob, remind me how Robbie did? 

Then licked arse to get back to Dundee United, a club Craig levein had connections with 🤔

And has been backed yet we find ourselves 19 points behind 2nd place. 

Let's see how the final goes before we label him as a god. 

Watt-Zeefuik
23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't react to them mate, we were pish second half you are right. 

3rd place is great, levein achieved that, but can Robbie do one better and win the Cup? 

He's certainly been backed for it so no excuses. 

Of course we were off it second half, we were down to our fifth choice midfielder and sixth choice defender, and Hibs had kicked the shins in of half the team!

"No excuses." You lot are beyond pathetic. Seriously, go follow Bodo/Glimt, learn Norweigan and go annoy their fanbase with your shite.

Just now, Led Tasso said:

Of course we were off it second half, we were down to our fifth choice midfielder and sixth choice defender, and Hibs had kicked the shins in of half the team!

"No excuses." You lot are beyond pathetic. Seriously, go follow Bodo/Glimt, learn Norweigan and go annoy their fanbase with your shite.

Hibs had 10 men and it looked like they were more likely to score, despite them having a man sent off, the excuses are chronic. 

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

No I'll support Hearts, sorry if we don't have the same mentality. 

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs had 10 men and it looked like they were more likely to score, despite them having a man sent off, the excuses are chronic. 

I've tried to have time for you, as it seems like one out of five posts are decent and thoughtful, but life's too short for this nonsense. Ignore list grows by yet one more today.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We’ve just beat Hibs two weeks in a row and didn’t play at our best while way short on first picks. Those are those facts. I don’t know a single hearts fans that has a problem with that.

12 minutes ago, smiler said:

As I said I’ve not had a chance to watch the game on the box, I’ll be honest and say I didn’t even know McKay made the pass for Simms goal but that aside I was expecting more from Barrie on the big pitch. Boyce should have scored but was anonymous otherwise. What’s Boyce missing a sitter got to do with RN? I’ve maybe misread how you’ve replied but if you’re looking for an argument I can’t be arsed, and if you’re not then I apologise. 

Some folk like to pin everything on Neilson. It was simply saying in a game you can't always legislate for misses that have nothing to do with things prepared in the background. No attempt at an argument here.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’ve just beat Hibs two weeks in a row and didn’t play at our best while way short on first picks. Those are those facts. I don’t know a single hearts fans that has a problem with that.

See if you take the time rather than jumping in with two feet, I applauded Robbie right after the game with a 👏 emoji. 

I have no problems with today's result, I have given fair criticism second half we were shit. 

And if we play like that in final we would be as well not even turning up. 

OmiyaHearts

I'm saying it. Glasgow Jambos are the hardcore, ultimate Jambos.

Me and Robbie went to school together and I've never been so proud to say I'm a Bannerman High boy. 

I've been up an down with Robbie managing us, but I am so proud of him and the team today. A unit who appreciate the support and give us a team we deserve. 

OmiyaHearts
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That doesn't change the result.

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Some folk like to pin everything on Neilson. It was simply saying in a game you can't always legislate for misses that have nothing to do with things prepared in the background. No attempt at an argument here.

No worries mate, on a more positive note, what about our second, that was a peach, straight off the training ground 👍🏻

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let's see if he wins it, you can get excited all you want, but it means feck all if we don't win it. 

Jack Ross achieved 3rd with Hibs. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

You seem annoyed

This is a forum you are allowed to give an opinion just like you do 😂🙄please stop trying to abuse that right I have. 

Here’s one, what was your opinion of RN as a player for us?

See if you take the time rather than jumping in with two feet, I applauded Robbie right after the game with a 👏 emoji. 

I have no problems with today's result, I have given fair criticism second half we were shit. 

What was our back line the second half? What’s is our preferred back line? 

We’ve got key players missing and just beat Hibs twice in a week. Save criticising poor half’s for when we lose.

Hearts aren’t winning and having a successful season despite Robbie Neilson. He’s a huge factor in why we are doing so well  

Hibs 😂 will happily meet you next home game to prove I ain't drop me a pm 👍☺. 

The most tragic man on the internet. And that's saying something. 

You'd think after having everything you say laughed at for months on end you'd maybe do some self reflection.  

Try, just try, to enjoy another semi final derby win at Hampden.  What's the worst that could happen.

Broxburn Jambo
17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yep Daniel won promotion with Barnsley same league as Bob, remind me how Robbie did? 

Then licked arse to get back to Dundee United, a club Craig levein had connections with 🤔

And has been backed yet we find ourselves 19 points behind 2nd place. 

Let's see how the final goes before we label him as a god. 

What is your issue???

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let's see if he wins it, you can get excited all you want, but it means feck all if we don't win it. 

Jack Ross achieved 3rd with Hibs. 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Aye once, 

Bobs 2/2. 

Give yourself a break. 

You seem to be almost hoping we don't win it. That is the way you are coming across. 

Utterly tragic. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Voice of reason

Brilliant job by Robbie this season. That will be the case whether we win or lose the final. Basically, the result in the final only determines whether he is a ‘******* legend’ or merely a ‘legend’.

4 minutes ago, smiler said:

No worries mate, on a more positive note, what about our second, that was a peach, straight off the training ground 👍🏻

An absolutely sensational goal.  Beautifully worked. To be fair to Boyce, who wasn't at his best, his touch is perfect to set the angle for the shot. Winning is everything in these games. 

3 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

The most tragic man on the internet. And that's saying something. 

You'd think after having everything you say laughed at for months on end you'd maybe do some self reflection.  

Try, just try, to enjoy another semi final derby win at Hampden.  What's the worst that could happen.

I am 😂😂 wtf? 

5 hours ago, jambopilms said:

We won without our best midfield and a 2 of the 4 best defenders, 3 of 4 when Halkett went off.

It doesn't matter how you win a semi.

Surely this puts to bed the 2-2 from many years ago.

All four when Kingsley went off. 

No just not getting Leeds United over it? 

Have a celebratory drink. Enjoy yourself 👍

5 minutes ago, smiler said:

Here’s one, what was your opinion of RN as a player for us?

Robbie always gave 100% technically not the best and when up against a winger that was skillful struggled, a steady player, with his long throws being like a weapon as can be seen in final against Gretna. 

Won Scottish Cup in a very Talented Hearts squad, Hearts version of Gary Neville, but obviously didn't win as much. 

5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Bite me. I don’t think it’s unfair comment. Was that tactically impressive v 10 men?

Smith, Kingsley, Halkett Souttar, Beni, Devlin all basically missing at times today. That’s the core of the team missing. Yes I think tactically and mentally impressive that despite missing those players we got through. 

Fxxx the SPFL
14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Will you be there or sitting in front of the tv 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No just not getting Leeds United over it? 

You absolutely seem annoyed, I've no idea what Leeds United means

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Will you be there or sitting in front of the tv 

Will be suited and booted for that day mate 😉

Fxxx the SPFL

Will be suited and booted for that day mate 😉

Thank feck because you obviously don’t like oor Robbie the cup final is a free hit no pressure we can all enjoy the day hopefully the huns if they make tomorrow and Europa final we’ll win by a mile 

9 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Thank feck because you obviously don’t like oor Robbie the cup final is a free hit no pressure we can all enjoy the day hopefully the huns if they make tomorrow and Europa final we’ll win by a mile 

Sorry have I hid the fact I'm not Robbies biggest fan, no? Have I applauded him for 3rd place and today yes, am I at the stage I will call him God no? I've Already said if he wins the cup arguably he goes down as the GOAT Hearts manager ever. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry have I hid the fact I'm not Robbies biggest fan, no? Have I applauded him for 3rd place and today yes, am I at the stage I will call him God no? I've Already said if he wins the cup arguably he goes down as the GOAT Hearts manager ever. 

And you'll still hate him

24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie always gave 100% technically not the best and when up against a winger that was skillful struggled, a steady player, with his long throws being like a weapon as can be seen in final against Gretna. 

Won Scottish Cup in a very Talented Hearts squad, Hearts version of Gary Neville, but obviously didn't win as much. 

Fair play mate.

Shooter McGavin

I had concerns going into this season, as I’m sure many others did, mainly in terms of recruitment and our ability to impose ourselves onto opposition, rather than react to what they were doing and in turn, drop points.

I am absolutely thrilled that all my worries and concerns have been put to rest this season, through the excellent recruitment of Joe Savage, and the unbelievable job Robbie Neilson has done.

Absolutely delighted with what the club has done this past season.

Robbie Neilson, superb work 👏🏻

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Watt-Zeefuik
10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

To these utter wanks it was apparently down to tactics that Hibs broke Halkett's ankle, Neilson's fault our last defenders on the squad (Sibbick and Moore) weren't up for the game, bad man management that Halliday got crocked, poor coaching that Boyce and Simms missed three gilt edged chances, and Robbie's fault that Kingsley got in half.

Nevermind that one of our goals came from a training-developed set play that went off to perfection. Couldn't possibly give Neilson credit for that.

After the Dundee debacle at Tynecastle, it was perfectly legitimate to ask questions of Neilson's tactics. But after a week in which won two derbies, knocked Hibs into the bottom six, secured European group stage football for the first time since the 80s, and oh, sewed up third before the split, anyone who comes on JKB to have a pop at Neilson is either a troll or an obsessive and isn't worth listening to on this or any other topic. Anyone who's still skeptical of Neilson but has a lick of sense about them will have the decency to STFU for a bit.

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

To these utter wanks it was apparently down to tactics that Hibs broke Halkett's ankle, Neilson's fault our last defenders on the squad (Sibbick and Moore) weren't up for the game, bad man management that Halliday got crocked, poor coaching that Boyce and Simms missed three gilt edged chances, and Robbie's fault that Kingsley got in half.

Nevermind that one of our goals came from a training-developed set play that went off to perfection. Couldn't possibly give Neilson credit for that.

After the Dundee debacle at Tynecastle, it was perfectly legitimate to ask questions of Neilson's tactics. But after a week in which won two derbies, knocked Hibs into the bottom six, secured European group stage football for the first time since the 80s, and oh, sewed up third before the split, anyone who comes on JKB to have a pop at Neilson is either a troll or an obsessive and isn't worth listening to on this or any other topic. Anyone who's still skeptical of Neilson but has a lick of sense about them will have the decency to STFU for a bit.

Internet full of the whole spectrum of human life. I think that explains it. 

Burford Jamtart

Credit where credit is due, objectives met and could well be exceeded.  

The change of formation and the squad coping with injuries, goals off the training ground are all evidence that the manager has delivered this year.

I’ve been critical of formations and selection of players but it’s a results game, and beating Hibs twice on the bounce is truly memorable.

Well done Robbie and the team/staff.  Let’s go and win it now.

Anyone driving through Oxfordshire to get to the final?

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Well said Nookie. 

:jambobanana:   :jambobanana:  :jambobanana:   

:flagwave: 

Apart from “roam” on the parade? What the feck was I trying to say? 😂

9 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Yes but surely you'll still get the obvious 3 away games to one team. I'd much rather play each team twice therefore it's all level.if its a fourteen team league you split after you play each team home and away thats twenty six games. The top six play each other home and away which gives a top league of thirty six gamea and the bottom eight would play forty games.

No you wouldn't get 3 away games to any team. The split would happen after 1 round of home and away - 26 games. Then a further home and away after the split, another 12 games. All teams would play 38 games, 19 home 19 away.

And I would divisionalise the league cup and make the draw completely seeded based on the final league placings of the previous year. And ties would be home and away.