Robbie Appreciation Thread

Robbies right hand man

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs were physical, but for large parts of that game we were missing, I don't like to make excuses, because even with those player's out I still think Hearts have a better team and midfield. 

I think the injuries played their part for the second half.  Devlin definitely was an improvement when he came on but perhaps he couldn't be risked when Halliday came off.  We were playing a makeshift defence trying to defend our lead after Halkett went off.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

Just now, frankblack said:

Still a lot of cash to be made.  I want us to win the cup, but not sure this is the year.  However, we have games to get our fitness up and maybe get others up to speed in time for the final if we lose Halkett.

Any idea if Souttar is due to return?

Not sure on Souttar, but hope he's back, tbf I know we won't Robbie could lose the next 5 now in the league and I genuinely wouldn't care. 

I hope he gives a few youth player's a chance. 

But at the same time winning games breeds confidence, so maybe best we don't take the foot of the gas.

But like you said hopefully we can get those player's back and fit. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs were physical, but for large parts of that game we were missing, I don't like to make excuses, because even with those player's out I still think Hearts have a better team and midfield. 

Injuries mate. Halliday going off early was a big blow and losing Halkett (who IMO is more important to our defence than Souttar) absolutely rocked us. 

When you have to replace Halkett with Moore you're always going to have a hard time. 

Praying he's fit soon because we absolutely cannot go to Ibrox or Parkhead with Sibbick and Moore at the back. 

We won without our best midfield and a 2 of the 4 best defenders, 3 of 4 when Halkett went off.

It doesn't matter how you win a semi.

Surely this puts to bed the 2-2 from many years ago.

Just now, OTT said:

Injuries mate. Halliday going off early was a big blow and losing Halkett (who IMO is more important to our defence than Souttar) absolutely rocked us. 

When you have to replace Halkett with Moore you're always going to have a hard time. 

Praying he's fit soon because we absolutely cannot go to Ibrox or Parkhead with Sibbick and Moore at the back. 

3rd place is ours is it not? We can't get 2nd or 1st don't worry 😉👍

As long as we show desire and effort in final I will be happy. 

Definitely put any lingering doubts to bed today.

A good few players didn't turn up but we kept the head didn't panic and got the job done.

Two semi final wins against Hibs, Championship win in a canter and 3rd place in a canter silences the doomsday merchants on here, surley ?

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

A good few players didn't turn up but we kept the head didn't panic and got the job done.

Two semi final wins against Hibs, Championship win in a canter and 3rd place in a canter silences the doomsday merchants on here, surley ?

Add two derby wins in a week. The big argument was his derby record. He can't do more that 2 in a week including a semi final

Edited by jambopilms

Robbie’s a legend already. Doing a cracking job. If he goes on and wins the Cup he will be the most successful hearts manager in my lifetime. Good times and even better ones ahead🇱🇻

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We won without our best midfield and a 2 of the 4 best defenders, 3 of 4 when Halkett went off.

It doesn't matter how you win a semi.

Surely this puts to bed the 2-2 from many years ago.

Very good point.

So many big players missing from our midfield and defence today.

Two semi final wins v Hibs in less than 2 years, 3rd place at a canter and garaunteed 8 European games next season. He stands on the cusp of true greatness now. 

Anybody that still hangs on the Phoodle Oot act hates Robbie Nielson more than they love Heartts 

Just now, Australis said:

Very good point.

So many big players missing from our midfield and defence today.

Add Smith, Souter, Beni and Devlin to that team and we walk it. Doesn't matter now though, result is still the same.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Away back to your own board to commiserate with your fellow thugs.  Like others have said, on to ignore you go.  

Bite me. I don’t think it’s unfair comment. Was that tactically impressive v 10 men?

Ex member of the SaS

Been one of his biggest detractors but I have to admit he has earned the right for next season at least. If he can kick on from here and get third again next season then he will be right up there with our best ever managers.

55 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The guy is a tactical joke.

Fantastic result, ****ing loved it, but Neilson is shit.

There is only one joke and I just quoted him. Take your UJ and stuff it up your arse

13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Pray for Mitch41

Properly over the moon with the result. Its give us access to finances that outside the OF no other side possess.

If we're smart with how we use it, we could really begin to push ourselves on leaps and bounds for years to come. 

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Bite me. I don’t think it’s unfair comment. Was that tactically impressive v 10 men?

Who won? Not your team 😂😂

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No idea what you’re on about you massive nonce

😂😂😂😂FTH😂😂😏😂

Watt-Zeefuik
21 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Add two derby wins in a week. The big argument was his derby record. He can't do more that 2 in a week including a semi final

Aye but where's his big recent win at Easter Road likesy?

(I kid but it'll be a matter of hours before some trumpet brings this up in seriousness.)

Malinga the Swinga

Quite a few posters missing. Haters gotta hate I guess. 

Meanwhile rest of us just get on with supporting team.

Robbie doing a grand job and building good squad.

FC Wacker München

Don’t dare criticise the ‘fans’ that have had it in for him since 2016.

Your post will only be deleted.

The club should rid itself of the association with this site.

Hearts fans **** all.

FC Wacker München
1 minute ago, Barack said:

DtD isn't Hibs, boyz.

Just sayin'...

I'll leave you with that thought. Enjoy your evenings.❤️👍🏻

He is however, a massive penis.

FC Wacker München
37 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

3rd place is ours is it not? We can't get 2nd or 1st don't worry 😉👍

As long as we show desire and effort in final I will be happy. 

Bring back Stendel.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

26 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Been one of his biggest detractors but I have to admit he has earned the right for next season at least. If he can kick on from here and get third again next season then he will be right up there with our best ever managers.

Come on mate, enough of the if he does this next chat. 

After today Robbie is without doubt a Heart’s Hall of famer. 

Number of appearances as a player. A first choice starter in numerous seasons we finished third, one we finished 2nd, won a cup final where he made ”the tackle” and scored a cracking pen, scored in Basel. 

And now his overall record as Heart’s manager. Including two wins over Hibs at Hampden. 

He does have the two worst results in Heart’s history to his name but even including these he is now a Hall of Famer. 

Finlay James

Today was the most significant result for the club since the 1998 cup win.  Hibs made it tough but Robbie has guided us to the europa league play off and 3rd place in the league.  This is hugely important to taking the club to the next level and he deserves all of the credit.

Great job Robbie, Hearts legend 🇱🇻

Finlay James
1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Number of appearances as a player. A first choice starter in numerous seasons we finished third, one we finished 2nd, won a cup final where he made ”the tackle” and scored a cracking pen, scored in Basel. 

And now his overall record as Heart’s manager. Including two wins over Hibs at Hampden. 

He does have the two worst results in Heart’s history to his name but even including these he is now a Hall of Famer. 

I’d argue that our 6-2 defeat at Easter road was the worst in our history

Ex member of the SaS

The reason for the does this next bit,  I have had my doubts he can push on and this could well be his crowning moment. There can be little doubt he has done well this season but can he make the step up, is still in the back of my mind. Players signings for next season will be a big defining moment and will be a sign of how he intends to play. He is still too defensive for me and he needs to be able to adapt to situations better.

Naisys Tackle

He's learned now what it means to win against them at all costs.   I enjoyed this afternoon as much as any other time at Hampden.  We ground it out and won despite not playing well.  That will hurt them even more. 

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

He could beat Hibs 5 nil in every Derby next year, win the Scottish Cup, and get 3rd.

You'll still get "Aye, but we finished bottom of the Europa Conference group. Not good enough".

I'd rather folk just said: "I don't like him & will never support him, no matter what he does at Hearts." 

Dressing it up with hypothetical hoops which the manager is yet to jump through, in order to justify any personal grievances.

We've got absolute lunatics within our support.*  :lol:

*Not exclusively a Hearts issue, admittedly.

Its insane. This is an 'all is forgiven' kind of result. I know for others they'd moved past Brora etc. but for any remaining hold outs, this is the match to draw a line and move on. The man has just guided us to another Scottish Cup final beating our biggest rivals AGAIN. He's brought in more prize money than the club has saw in a good long while and folk are still humming and hawing. Admittedly its only about 2 posters that I have counted, but still. 

Robbie has done tremendous and the money from Europe invested sensibly will allow us to begin to pull away from Hibs and Aberdeen. Especially if we can ensure we're consistently getting to the semi final stage and finishing 3rd. 

Finishing 3rd in itself is a huge challenge, yet Robbie has breezed there in both his tenures. Both Aberdeen and Hibs are looking at a pretty sizable rebuild over the summer so there is a real chance to use that time to build and grow stronger. 

Folk need to let go and enjoy whats been achieved. 

54 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The reason for the does this next bit,  I have had my doubts he can push on and this could well be his crowning moment. There can be little doubt he has done well this season but can he make the step up, is still in the back of my mind. Players signings for next season will be a big defining moment and will be a sign of how he intends to play. He is still too defensive for me and he needs to be able to adapt to situations better.

Make the step up to what? 

Challenging the OF?

The difference in resources is utterly massive. 

who exactly can make the step up? 

The next challenge for Hearts is not to challenge the OF. That is unrealistic. 

It is to finishe third again while playing numerous midweeks in Europe which is very hard for teams to do. 

Yhe challenge is to be within 20pts of the OF from the current 35. 

Ex member of the SaS

Challenging the OF?

Europe is the next big step. As you say the gulf between us and them is too great but we still need better players to get as close as possible and maintain a lead over the rest.

3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Challenging the OF?

The step up IMO is establish ourselves as Scotlands 3rd team. Trying to think of managers to manage consecutive 3rd place finishes and its Levein at us, and McInnes at Aberdeen (largely on account of Rangers demise and our financial implosion under Vlad. 

Use the European money to invest in better talent, try and improve in a sensible and sustainable way. Robbie knows how to get a team to 3rd, so with that as the priority and good showings in the cups, I'd be really happy with that. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

The step up IMO is establish ourselves as Scotlands 3rd team. Trying to think of managers to manage consecutive 3rd place finishes and its Levein at us, and McInnes at Aberdeen (largely on account of Rangers demise and our financial implosion under Vlad. 

Use the European money to invest in better talent, try and improve in a sensible and sustainable way. Robbie knows how to get a team to 3rd, so with that as the priority and good showings in the cups, I'd be really happy with that. 

Correct. Completely agree. And I have every confidence Robbie can do that. 

Dusk till Dawn and Bongo all over this thread 😂

The result is all that matters with this game. If you asked me last week if we could secure third, put hibs in the bottom 6 and get to the the final I would have bit your hand off.

Bongo will be reporting people left right and centre for criticising him 🐍

Edited by Mr Rabbit

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Earned the right for next season haha he has done more than that.

Watt-Zeefuik
16 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

The next challenge for Hearts is not to challenge the OF. That is unrealistic. 

It is to finishe third again while playing numerous midweeks in Europe which is very hard for teams to do. 

Yhe challenge is to be within 20pts of the OF from the current 35. 

I think it's a reasonable stretch goal next year to split them. Not a "must do" or any such thing, but an aspiration.

Takeshi kovac
49 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its insane. This is an 'all is forgiven' kind of result. I know for others they'd moved past Brora etc. but for any remaining hold outs, this is the match to draw a line and move on. The man has just guided us to another Scottish Cup final beating our biggest rivals AGAIN. He's brought in more prize money than the club has saw in a good long while and folk are still humming and hawing. Admittedly its only about 2 posters that I have counted, but still. 

Robbie has done tremendous and the money from Europe invested sensibly will allow us to begin to pull away from Hibs and Aberdeen. Especially if we can ensure we're consistently getting to the semi final stage and finishing 3rd. 

Finishing 3rd in itself is a huge challenge, yet Robbie has breezed there in both his tenures. Both Aberdeen and Hibs are looking at a pretty sizable rebuild over the summer so there is a real chance to use that time to build and grow stronger. 

Folk need to let go and enjoy whats been achieved. 

Have to agree, I wanted him gone last year but to his credit we have been great this year and have a cup final and Europe to look forward to

As someone who has been critical  RN and our results in big games… have to say he has now won me over.  The last 2 games were huge for him. Both must win games and he delivered.