Robbie Appreciation Thread

Robbies right hand man

Robbies right hand man

Sitting pretty in 3rd in the league.

Has improved our away form which has been dire for years.

Semi at Hampden against “them” - we all know how that will turn out, so a final likely to look forward to.

Overhauled a side who were of poor quality with a team mainly of decent and quality players.

Improved and learned from his experience as a manager. 

Robbie - THANK YOU and WELL DONE

:robboyas:

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

3rd guaranteed before the split, guaranteed Europe and a cup final booked for may would be probably the best season we’ve had in a looooong time. Ok outside 2006, I can’t think of any better in a while. 

6 minutes ago, Dayman said:

3rd guaranteed before the split, guaranteed Europe and a cup final booked for may would be probably the best season we’ve had in a looooong time. Ok outside 2006, I can’t think of any better in a while. 

If that's how it turns out you're absolutely right. Here's hoping. 

Basil Hayden

It's the fact that we are winning games that we are supposed to in the way that we are supposed to that is impressing me. Don't remember that since Burley

Well done to Robbie, been critical of him so I'm happy he's turned things around, we look like a football team, playing with confidence and a fair bit of style.

Edited by feej

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

3rd place cemented and that hairdo.

:sweeet:

His hair do is definitely better than that Barnet before . Looks very smart indeed . I notice he always wear grey though . What’s that about ? 

JudyJudyJudy

Actually well done . He’s been though a lot of criticism and rode  it well ! 

Edited by JamesM48

16 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Nice one Robbie👍👍

Rumour has it his hair was on a spying mission down south😉😁

EzJFfyPVUAYbXir.png

🤣

Night and day to where we were last season, Halkett specifically has improved immeasurably under him. Recruitment has been solid as we've ever seen it.  We're actually playing nice football. The players all look like they're having the time of their lives too and there is very clearly a togetherness around the squad which is fantastic to see.

I think Robbie deserves huge credit for where he's taken us to already and I believe that there is still further room for growth, particularly as we go into Europe next season. 

Obviously I want to win the cup because I'm a fan, but I really want to see Robbie lift the cup as manager, after coming so close he absolutely deserves it. It would be a fantastic way to cap off an excellent season. 

Robbies right hand man

Cup winning legend as a player as well not forgetting.

I believe we are on the way to something special.

The Hogfather

Some disappointing results this season, hard to argue that there hasn’t been. But this has been the most enjoyable season we’ve had for a long time. 3rd was an absolute must for this season and we’ve absolutely romped it. 

Long may it continue. 

Long standing Robbie sceptic here but  he deserves great credit for the season we’ve had so far.

He looked a dead man walking after Brora but he deserves a breather from the flak he’s had.

Well some Robbie.

Barney bulge

Has any other manager survived a protest outside the ground ( after Brora )

they always say once the fans turn on you it’s only a matter or time.

to come back win over the fans and have potentially one of the best seasons in a long time.(  3rd by a country mile potentially win Scottish beating hibs along the way ) 

it would be some achievement. 

15 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Some disappointing results this season, hard to argue that there hasn’t been. But this has been the most enjoyable season we’ve had for a long time. 3rd was an absolute must for this season and we’ve absolutely romped it. 

Long may it continue. 

Has any team on the planet has gone without a disappointing result this season ? 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Has any team on the planet has gone without a disappointing result this season ? 

Our 'disappointing results' came during a period when our Captain and best player had patched us for the team above us, when we had players inured and we were bedding in new players. 

Certainly earlier in the season I was concerned that it looked like he still hadn't learned from some of his mistakes first time around. Since he and the team ended their mini slump he seems like a different manager in a way, more prepared to go baws deep, throw a hail Mary or two. There are still some areas that you could say are textbook book Robbie, but generally I think he is a much improved manager, even since earlier this season. Though, if the unthinkable happens and we lose to Hibs in the Cup, he's going to back to square 1 with a great number of the support. 

1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

Certainly earlier in the season I was concerned that it looked like he still hadn't learned from some of his mistakes first time around. Since he and the team ended their mini slump he seems like a different manager in a way, more prepared to go baws deep, throw a hail Mary or two. There are still some areas that you could say are textbook book Robbie, but generally I think he is a much improved manager, even since earlier this season. Though, if the unthinkable happens and we lose to Hibs in the Cup, he's going to back to square 1 with a great number of the support. 

Based on all available evidence with Hearts, textbook Robbie means winning most games.

heisenberg86

The way he’s turned things around since the Brora game is pretty incredible tbh, he deserves immense credit for that, he’s got us playing some really good stuff and the atmosphere at the ground has improved as there’s a real feeling of togetherness now, if he manages to win the cup he’ll be in the upper echelons of hearts greats and I believe he’ll improve us further next season, finally we have a team we can be proud of 

9 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Based on all available evidence with Hearts, textbook Robbie means winning most games.

Can't argue with that. He has a very good win ratio, and if he keeps going the way he is going it will improve further. 

55 minutes ago, Independence said:

Superb, Robbie. As expected and well done Queen Anne ignoring the noisy minority who wanted him out. Happy days. 

I wanted him out after Brora and I was wrong. Not for the first time.

Happy to put my hand up for that and delighted to have been proven wrong.

10 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

The way he’s turned things around since the Brora game is pretty incredible tbh, he deserves immense credit for that, he’s got us playing some really good stuff and the atmosphere at the ground has improved as there’s a real feeling of togetherness now, if he manages to win the cup he’ll be in the upper echelons of hearts greats and I believe he’ll improve us further next season, finally we have a team we can be proud of 

Bingo. 

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Exactly. Just seems like such a snide, pointless statement to throw in. 

13 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Agreed.

He is doing a great job.Part of a manager's job is also being able to turn it around when the team are on a shit run and once again this season Neilson has been able to do that.

I'm realistic enough to realise that we will be shit sometimes but you really can't argue with the consistency of results over the season.

Just now, Dia Liom said:

To put things into context, we have 3rd Hibs achieved that last season they also got to the Scottish Cup final resulting in a loss to St Johnstone, they were put out Europe very early. 

I suppose it all depends how you measure success really. 

If Robbie wins cup he undoubtedly would have to go down as Hearts greatest manager ever. 

If he doesn't he's achieved the same as Jack Ross, I suppose we can only hope he wins the cup or we go far in Europe. 

hoof.hearted
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Still a conceited *****. So I've heard 

You should hear what we've heard about you.

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

To put things into context, we have 3rd Hibs achieved that last season they also got to the Scottish Cup final resulting in a loss to St Johnstone, they were put out Europe very early. 

If Robbie wins cup he undoubtedly would have to go down as Hearts greatest manager ever. 

If he doesn't he's achieved the same as Jack Ross, I suppose we can only hope he wins the cup or we go far in Europe. 

So we have to win the Scottish Cup, otherwise Robbie is just the same as Jack Ross?  

hoof.hearted

You're probably wasting your time tbh. Too many morons who play fifa or CM think they know better. They'd far rather have Tommy Wright, Derek McInnes, Callum Davidson, Stephen Robinson etc...well maybe not now but that just shows how reactionary they are. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Did I  miss Ross getting hibs promoted twice and finishing 3rd twice.

There is the The Stendel drum, the constant stream of piss and rage  from many posters  then there is the above.

In this world he is either Jack Ross or the best Hearts Manager- ever.

There is no middle ground.

:symf:

hoof.hearted
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

As far as poodles go he'd win best in show at crufts. 

Here's moron No1

Was critical of him at the start, but no question in my mind as to how well he has done and getting us into the position we are in now, after coming up from the championship is nothing short of magnificent. 

Really pleased as have always liked him but just didn't think he would have done as well as he has. 

Well done Robbie and well deserved 

The Hogfather
52 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Couldn't tell you, I don't make a record of every football match ever played.

1 hour ago, Basil Hayden said:

It's the fact that we are winning games that we are supposed to in the way that we are supposed to that is impressing me. Don't remember that since Burley

Agreed. We are totally dominating games just now. If you look back at even the draws and losses we have dominated the vast majority of the games just couldn’t finish them off……

and then Barrie McKay arrived!