Robbies right hand man

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, his league record is

1st

3rd.

Left us in  2nd/3rd. 

1st

3rd

He's also taken us to a sc final were we lost on penalties. 

It's not been  perfect and cup performances need to become more consistant. 

The 1st place finishes were Ofc in the championship, many fans dismiss this as success but when you look at the difficult time Rangers, Hibs, utd had and now Killie are having and even legends like Doddie had in the past ( when 2 went up) it really gives it some context. 

If he stays with us for 4/5 seasons we could have a relative golden period and be set up to go to the next level that some believe we should be at. 

You can't argue with facts like that.

Correction. Only you could argue with facts like that!!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

Bazzas right boot
Just now, TheBigO said:

You can't argue with facts like that.

Correction. Only you could argue with facts like that!!

I very rarely argue with facts. 

Facts are the basis for a solid and interesting debate. 

Opinions on the other hand..... 

Unknown user
On 24/03/2022 at 19:13, Bazzas right boot said:

Most other clubs, the SFA, most pundits and the courts all thought it was fair.

They all knew fine that it wasn't fair, they just weren't arsed

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Quite. Plus being totally unwilling to take the opportunity for changes that may have been of benefit to all.

Bazzas right boot

Quite. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I very rarely argue with facts. 

Facts are the basis for a solid and interesting debate. 

Opinions on the other hand..... 

As Jeremy Beadle once said

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

As Jeremy Beadle once said

He had a very small winkle. On the other hand, it was quite big

30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Bit crass that Smithee. He died v young. Was dealt a shit hand, really.

Bazzas right boot

58 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Bit crass that Smithee. He died v young. Was dealt a shit hand, really.

😂😂

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 24/03/2022 at 13:17, Bongo 1874 said:

Fair enough I just think when you consider what the likes of Sunderland were paying in wages etc okay they were a bit of a basket case at the time, but they were still favourites for promotion. 

Sunderland are still in that league years after Stendel was there.

Might suggest it is the club that’s ****ed more than anything else.

On 26/03/2022 at 14:58, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sunderland are still in that league years after Stendel was there.

Might suggest it is the club that’s ****ed more than anything else.

We will never agree 👍 I believe Robbie has restored the club to it's rightful position, and that I thank him for, I have my doubts he is the man to take us to the next step which is getting into group stages of Europe, challenging old firm in league and cups. 

3rd place is ours, we ain't losing that, so really it's a cup to look forward too, confident we will beat hibs in semi final. 

Hate to see what this place will be like if we don't. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We will never agree 👍 I believe Robbie has restored the club to it's rightful position, and that I thank him for, I have my doubts he is the man to take us to the next step which is getting into group stages of Europe, challenging old firm in league and cups. 

3rd place is ours, we ain't losing that, so really it's a cup to look forward too, confident we will beat hibs in semi final. 

Hate to see what this place will be like if we don't. 

If we beat Hibs we are in the group stages of Europe bar a very improbable and uncharacteristic league collapse and we are already challenging the OF in cups

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

If we beat Hibs we are in the group stages of Europe bar a very improbable and uncharacteristic league collapse and we are already challenging the OF in cups

Correct bit disappointing we are so far behind in league, but Rome wasn't built in a day. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct bit disappointing we are so far behind in league, but Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Decent strides so far and hopefully we get closer to them next season

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Decent strides so far and hopefully we get closer to them next season

One of my wishes before i die, too see Hearts win the league. 

Would be a very emotional day for a lot of people. 

Sadly wasn't born in 1959-60.

• 2 weeks later...

What can I say. I had my doubts at the beginning but he has put me in my place. Well done Robbie you are on the way to becoming a great Hearts manager. 

34 minutes ago, Imaman said:

What can I say. I had my doubts at the beginning but he has put me in my place. Well done Robbie you are on the way to becoming a great Hearts manager. 

Agreed, turned it round big style. Well done the management team. Let's not give them a sniff next week.

HeartsandonlyHearts
On 26/03/2022 at 06:34, Smithee said:

This. It wasn’t them so didn’t give a ****.

Bazzas right boot

If we knock hibs out next week, it won't be Bob anymore. 

He will arise and be known as  Robbie the hibs slayer. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Put together pieces from a broken squad and made Hibs look like a Championship team. After they were down 3-1 they still never got a whiff of the ball.

Nervy first 20 minutes and after that an absolute scudding.

He's certainly developing into a fine manager. More experienced than last time and it's to our benefit. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Missing 3 of our most important players, go a goal down early on, go on to skoosh the game. After the 3rd I was sure we're heading for a 5-1 and we easily could have. That was as good a derby win as you'll see in the circumstances - great character shown by all including Neilson. Feel like we even had a couple more gears to go up but never really needed them, and Hibs will know that too. 

Agree the next contract extension after Haring's should be Robbie's.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Missing 3 of our most important players, go a goal down early on, go on to skoosh the game. After the 3rd I was sure we're heading for a 5-1 and we easily could have. That was as good a derby win as you'll see in the circumstances - great character shown by all including Neilson. Feel like we even had a couple more gears to go up but never really needed them, and Hibs will know that too. 

Agree the next contract extension after Haring's should be Robbie's.

He is doing a fantastic job. I don't think that anyone can have any doubts now that he is the right fit for us. 

Even more impressed that with key players missing from the side he is still getting it right tactically.

No question he has got us moving in exactly the right direction. Good times Indeed ☺️

Get his contract extended and pronto please 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 26/03/2022 at 03:34, Smithee said:

It wasn't just the demotion. Remember when they then banned us from training? That very possibly led to John Souttar's long-term injury when he was forced to do his rehab on his own for longer and broke down when training on his own, when he should have been with the group having supervised training.

Only the SFA could manage something like that. Hope we continuing stuffing it to them and the other teams for a very long time.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It wasn't just the demotion. Remember when they then banned us from training? That very possibly led to John Souttar's long-term injury when he was forced to do his rehab on his own for longer and broke down when training on his own, when he should have been with the group having supervised training.

Only the SFA could manage something like that. Hope we continuing stuffing it to them and the other teams for a very long time.

I was thinking about the expulsion earlier, in a lot of ways it was quite the backhanded compliment.

At the end of the day someone was going to feel aggrieved and lose out financially. I reckon it was us because in the back of their minds they knew that if the available options we were the club who could absorb it without going under.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 25/03/2022 at 01:41, sassenach said:

He'll need a cup win to ever win over some fans, but I think that we are lucky to have him.

But those same fans are convinced Robbie won Hibs the cup so if we do win it this season, surely Maloney will have won it for us? I think that's how it works anyhow.

Edited by ToqueJambo

InternationalJambo
43 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

But those same fans are convinced Robbie won Hibs the cup so if we do win it this season, surely Maloney will have won it for us? I think that's how it works anyhow.

Oh no doubt it’ll be some folks view on here. 

The Bannon Flick

Robbie is taking us places.

This is a long term project and we’re only at the beginning. 

He's turned the ship around completely! Two back to back 3rd place finishes in the top flight and coasted the championship twice, I have to admit, after brora I wanted him gone but just 1 year and a bit on and he has shown exactly why the club were right to stick by him and give him more time, I can see us being a main stay in the top 3/4 positions under Robbie, if he can improve his cup form and maybe even win a cup or two then he would have to be up there as one of our best ever managers tbh. Fair play to him and I am delighted he has proved me and many other doubters wrong.

6 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Another win next week and he will bury all the ghosts of derbies past. Simple as that.

What does he need to bury?  We buried them yesterday and put them out at the semi-final last time.

manaliveits105
8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

He is doing a fantastic job. I don't think that anyone can have any doubts now that he is the right fit for us. 

Even more impressed that with key players missing from the side he is still getting it right tactically.

No question he has got us moving in exactly the right direction. Good times Indeed ☺️

Get his contract extended and pronto please 

FAIR COMMENT :greggy:

Speaking to a boy last night in tynie arms who claim "I still hate Robbie", also said he'd still hate him if we go onto win the cup. There are some right morons in our support 😅

He's doing some great work and restoring pride to our club on the field. The big test is next though at Hampden as its a massive game for us to secure guaranteed European group stage football and all the bells and whistles that brings - prize money, ticket sales, hospitality etc. 

Pressure absolutely on Hibs and Maloney, but the significance of us winning is huge. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

Speaking to a boy last night in tynie arms who claim "I still hate Robbie", also said he'd still hate him if we go onto win the cup. There are some right morons in our support 😅

I'd put money on the same people wanting a statue to Andy Halliday built, even before yesterday's game, and were the loudest calling for us to sign Lafferty every time he's available.

Watt-Zeefuik
21 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd put money on the same people wanting a statue to Andy Halliday built, even before yesterday's game, and were the loudest calling for us to sign Lafferty every time he's available.

Coincidentally big fans of trying to get Kris Boyd at the club?

avhudtheteeshirt

Maybe its time to get the plane out the hanger, and trail a banner over Tynecastle with "We love you now Robbie"!!!!

On 26/03/2022 at 11:47, Wee Mikey said:

Quite. Plus being totally unwilling to take the opportunity for changes that may have been of benefit to all.

Yep, in a fourteen team top league this season Hibs would have made top 7 at the split. If only they had thought about what they were doing. 

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, in a fourteen team top league this season Hibs would have made top 7 at the split. If only they had thought about what they were doing. 

I don't think they would split 7 and 7. Surely it would be 6 and 8 with each team playing each other home and away. This I think was discussed at length maybe two years ago on kickback. 

On 11/04/2022 at 18:38, iwasthere1954 said:

I don't think they would split 7 and 7. Surely it would be 6 and 8 with each team playing each other home and away. This I think was discussed at length maybe two years ago on kickback. 

7 and 7 makes sense. 1 team resting each round. Same number of games as now and equal numbers home and away.

Neverforgetfiveone

Huge, Huge F*****g Huge game for RN today…..

He can wash all the bad blood away with a win today…. Huge for him, and the club in terms of our season and the preparations for next season.

C’mon Robbie! ‘Mon the Hearts!!! FTH

🇱🇻