Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)

Vin1874

12 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Doesn’t look like the Rosenurn has been popular so far

Not going too bad in my opinion, just done a quick count, over 350 season tickets sold in the Roseburn in less than 2 hours . 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• JALBO

• Sooks

• Jambos dad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wentworth jambo
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If we cut their allocation and sell the same number of full season tickets, we would have exactly same number of walk ups available?

Your argument has 2 flaws - we aren't cutting their allocation and we'll sell more season tickets - 3 home stands all Hearts season tickets, School End - full of Lochend = no walk ups..

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, novoman said:

Not going too bad in my opinion, just done a quick count, over 350 season tickets sold in the Roseburn in less than 2 hours . 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

That's not bad.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, wentworth jambo said:

Your argument has 2 flaws - we aren't cutting their allocation and we'll sell more season tickets - 3 home stands all Hearts season tickets, School End - full of Lochend = no walk ups..

Is was a question in response to the nonsense you were posting. That's why it had a question mark at the end of the sentence.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It is a fair point and you can easily decide to give those games a miss but I’d say the derbies are worse. As you say the decision has been made and if you want a season ticket as a group or family then that’s your only option really. 

I actually think the Celtic games are worse. They hate us even more than Hibs do. 

4 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Thinking it through - the decision to all Lochend to retain a full stand is making less and less sense....not only we stop Hearts fans attending but we are stopping them from attending to allow more Hearts fans to attend Fester Road and put their money into Lochend's coffers !! Someone earlier in the thread did a comparison on numbers who'd miss out at Fester Road against numbers of additional Hearts fans at home - surely more sense in the additional fans being at Tynecastle and ticket money coming to us rather than them ??

Your forgetting about the special relationship with Hibs 

Just now, GBJambo said:

Your forgetting about the special relationship with Hibs 

You really do not like Ann Budge do do

wentworth jambo
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is was a question in response to the nonsense you were posting. That's why it had a question mark at the end of the sentence.

"Nonsense" ??? Your question : if something we know isn't going to happen, happens and we sell less season tickets than we've already sold, walk ups would be available....and you say my points are nonsense...maybe think before typing next time.

Just now, GBJambo said:

I just find it a crazy decision 😂

Do you honestly believe it is because of a special relationship that she has with Hibs that causes her to want to cozy up though

iwasthere1954
17 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Of course they would say that but when reality bites I doubt they would 

You should change your user name to mr negativity as it would suit your current agenda. 

wentworth jambo
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do you honestly believe it is because of a special relationship that she has with Hibs that causes her to want to cozy up though

Don't know if it's a special relationship but GBJ is spot on - it is a crazy decision to effectively turn away paying Hearts fans from Tynecastle to ensure we have a greater number of paying Hearts fans at Fester Road

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

"Nonsense" ??? Your question : if something we know isn't going to happen, happens and we sell less season tickets than we've already sold, walk ups would be available....and you say my points are nonsense...maybe think before typing next time.

Maybe try writing in sentences next time ....

Just now, wentworth jambo said:

Don't know if it's a special relationship but GBJ is spot on - it is a crazy decision to effectively turn away paying Hearts fans from Tynecastle to ensure we have a greater number of paying Hearts fans at Fester Road

Yes I have read your reasoning in your posts on this thread and I my self would have cut their allocation too

You are not using terms like cozying up to Hibs or special relationship to make your point though

Maybe try writing in sentences next time ....

Some of us have difficulties with that unfortunately , but as long as you can understand a posters point you should not really resort to that to try and win an argument in my opinion

Think we are going to get a good number of season tickets sold in the next week or so, maybe more so next week once people have been paid. There aren't many seats together in the 3 other stands, seems to be just single seats dotted around. There is certainly not going to be many tickets available for walk ups this season unless season ticket holders release their seats back for re-sale when they can't make it. Revenue from the sales must be at a number we haven't had for a while. 

Marooned In Oz
52 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Half a stand is still a decent support. 

3500 in a 20k capacity is too much, almost 20%.

1500/2000 is still a decent support, no one is wanting hibs banned or to give them a couple of hundred.... Yet. 

Hearts fans should always be priority over away fans. Always. 

What about the fans who will miss out on going to Easter Road?   

ROOKIE QUESTION. work many saturdays so usually a walk up fan. Tempted by the bronze package though.

Finding it hard to clarify on the hearts site. WHAT DOES A ROSEBURN BROZE TICKET actually get you? Entry to all Cat B games?

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Some of us have difficulties with that unfortunately , but as long as you can understand a posters point you should not really resort to that to try and win an argument in my opinion

I was genuinely struggling to read that post.

2 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

ROOKIE QUESTION. work many saturdays so usually a walk up fan. Tempted by the bronze package though.

Finding it hard to clarify on the hearts site. WHAT DOES A ROSEBURN BROZE TICKET actually get you? Entry to all Cat B games?

Every game except Hibs

Thought Police
3 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Every game except Hibs

And that might only be one game this season.

wentworth jambo

I was genuinely struggling to read that post.

For the hard of understanding. My point was, by not cutting Lochend's allocation, like we have with Old Firm, means there will be no walk up tickets for Hearts fans at these home derbies. This decision has been made to ensure we retain a full allocation for away derbies. I disagree with this as we are effectively turning away Hearts fans and their money from Tynecastle to ensure more Hearts can attend away derbies and thus put the money into Lochend's coffers. Still following?

Your question in response to that was :

If we cut their allocation and sell the same number of full season tickets, we would have exactly same number of walk ups available?

Taking each of your points in turn :

If we cut their allocation - we now know that is not going to happen

If we sell the same number of season tickets - I think looking at the latest pictures of the seating plan, we are probably already in excess of 14k

Therefore, we will not have the same number of walk ups available - it looks like we will sell all 3 home stands to season tickets and by offering the full Roseburn to Lochend, means there will be no walk ups available.

Is that straightforward enough ?

Your logic is flawed anyway - if we did cut their allocation and sold the same number of season tickets as we did last year - surely that would mean more walk ups available ??

4 minutes ago, Ruuuudy said:

Another rookie question. Having returned to Edinburgh I got a couple of season tickets - section T main stand- driving home I thought sh%t because of the old control room blocking the goalmouth. Was it shifted ? Thanks

Your payment was successful

Your payment reference number is
TX4 E5Z4 KC6

It was moved. Only the very end rows have a restricted view now. 

52 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You are going to look very stupid when the sales are updated ...

It’s going to look pretty stupid when we have a stand full of Hibs fans and 1700 Season ticket holders locked out and watching at home

looks like 265 sold in the roseburn so far (assuming the front row of J wasn't on sale along with the single sets running the section H.)

44 minutes ago, Dazo said:

As I’ve said that’s one way to look at it. We are also prioritising hearts fans at away Derbies. Think it also has to be said that a lot of families wouldn’t want to sit in a mixed stand for those types of games. Not an easy decision unless you are sitting behind a keyboard without a care in the world. 

I am not sure what you mean by those type of games. Most of the pro give Hibs the full stand think it is a great atmosphere 

40 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

More people would be interested in a full season ticket and would be committed to all home matches, including the ones on wet December days near xmas against less attractive opposition than walk up fans 

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s going to look pretty stupid when we have a stand full of Hibs fans and 1700 Season ticket holders locked out and watching at home

Bit of a catch 22 here. 

The Edinburgh derby is undoubtedly the best match for atmosphere in Scotland. I love seeing 3500 Hibs fans, more often than not, looking gutted at FT at Tynecastle. And similarly, I love being part of the 3500 at ER (when I am lucky enough to get a ticket) when we continue to dominate down there too. 

Anyone who buys a ST in the Roseburn will know what they are getting (ie - no ticket for the home derby/derbies). 

I completely get the argument from both sides however.

This decision by the club was always going to bring different views. 

I fully expect 15,000 ST’s sold which would be incredible.

45 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Thank you for the replies earlier. I got logged in eventually and got my ticket. Seems to be hundreds available..

Glad you got sorted. 👍

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No, not really. These people buying for the Roseburn know the conditions of their sale. They are obviously happy, otherwise they wouldn't buy.

3 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

For the hard of understanding. My point was, by not cutting Lochend's allocation, like we have with Old Firm, means there will be no walk up tickets for Hearts fans at these home derbies. This decision has been made to ensure we retain a full allocation for away derbies. I disagree with this as we are effectively turning away Hearts fans and their money from Tynecastle to ensure more Hearts can attend away derbies and thus put the money into Lochend's coffers. Still following?

If we sell the same number of season tickets - I think looking at the latest pictures of the seating plan, we are probably already in excess of 14k

Therefore, we will not have the same number of walk ups available - it looks like we will sell all 3 home stands to season tickets and by offering the full Roseburn to Lochend, means there will be no walk ups available.

Your logic is flawed anyway - if we did cut their allocation and sold the same number of season tickets as we did last year - surely that would mean more walk ups available ??

The club is rightly trying to sell as many season tickets as possible as that is a guaranteed income and something which more importantly they can budget for. Whilst it would be great to offer walk up tickets it’s always unreliable in terms of whether these will get sold and you tend to find we only sellout the bigger games,

In terms of your suggestion to reduce hibs allocation this is due to the agreement between the two clubs to offer a full stand of away fans at both grounds. Whilst this might not be something you feel is important we have seen from the old firm games earlier in the season that cutting the away allocation ruins the spectacle of the game. There’s something extra added when it’s a packed tynecastle or Easter road with a full stand of away fans that makes winning home or away so much sweeter.

There were similar fans moaning that because they bought a ticket for the semi final they had a right to get a ticket for the final, which was also a load of shit. We’re almost more fortunate as a fan base that we have the ability to see our team so freely if we wish. Fans who are bumping there gums because they can’t attend a game a couple of times a year when it suits them get no sympathy from me. 

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Excluding Hearts fans prepared to commit to a season ticket, from the derby games is just the wrong policy.

listen to yourselves. Lock out Hearts season ticket holders from the top game of the season, let Hibs fans have the seats, just because they may cut the ER allocation (which of course they won’t IMO)

Its ridiculous when we’ve stated we’re trying to grow the support. Feck Hibs, Feck their fans, feck their stadium and feck their revenue 

Heres an opportunity to grow the ST numbers by 10% at least and we’ve blown it by diluting what’s on offer.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Half a stand is still a decent support. 

3500 in a 20k capacity is too much, almost 20%.

1500/2000 is still a decent support, no one is wanting hibs banned or to give them a couple of hundred.... Yet. 

Hearts fans should always be priority over away fans. Always. 

👍 This and this 100% 

43 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Thinking it through - the decision to all Lochend to retain a full stand is making less and less sense....not only we stop Hearts fans attending but we are stopping them from attending to allow more Hearts fans to attend Fester Road and put their money into Lochend's coffers !! Someone earlier in the thread did a comparison on numbers who'd miss out at Fester Road against numbers of additional Hearts fans at home - surely more sense in the additional fans being at Tynecastle and ticket money coming to us rather than them ??

If we limit hibs to 2 sections we will lose thousands of pounds due to segregation so your point is just wrong. Yes we're losing money by restricting the Glasgow bigots but 100% agree with that decision 

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They may well be relocated to other areas of the ground that would normally be used for general sale.

Edited by wavydavy

AlphonseCapone

I say this without malice but it would be great if we still needed to use the Roseburn even after a more average season. Appreciate attendances go up when teams play well but if we're still needing the Roseburn for season tickets after a couple of seasons then I'd be more inclined to reduce Hibs. 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

No, not really. These people buying for the Roseburn know the conditions of their sale. They are obviously happy, otherwise they wouldn't buy.

This. If you don’t like that scenario then don’t buy the ticket.

If they wanted to attend the hibs games then they should/ could buy a full season ticket. Some people are being negative for the sake of being negative.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They may well be relocated to other areas of the ground that would normally be used for general sale.

I don't think that there will be many tickets for general sale in other areas 

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Did we have Roseburn season tickets last season? 

4 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This. If you don’t like that scenario then don’t buy the ticket.

If they wanted to attend the hibs games then they should/ could buy a full season ticket. Some people are being negative for the sake of being negative.

They can’t if they are no tickets for sale in the other 3 stands! 

46 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

I just find it a crazy decision 😂

For all you know Mrs Budge may share your view but been out voted by the rest of the board in true Democratic style. 🤔

13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Yip.

Rose burn ST holders will get first shout for Hibs at home. 

Be interesting to see how many are sold in the Rose burn against available seats elsewhere.

They'll have a plan no doubt.

🥴

9 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

I don't think that there will be many tickets for general sale in other areas 

You may be correct however if you think of the capacitybeing around 20k.

The Roseburn holds about 3.5k I believe so that leaves 16.5k and to date we had sold 12.5k season tickets.

We have a bit to go yet before anyone buying a ticket in the Roseburn is excluded. I would be interested to know if anyone who posts on here has bought a season ticket in the Roseburn stand can advise if they were told your seat won't be available on derby games and if they are being offered alternatives?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

You may be correct however if you think of the capacitybeing around 20k.

The Roseburn holds about 3.5k I believe so that leaves 16.5k and to date we had sold 12.5k season tickets.

We have a bit to go yet before anyone buying a ticket in the Roseburn is excluded. I would be interested to know if anyone who posts on here has bought a season ticket in the Roseburn stand can advise if they were told your seat won't be available on derby games and if they are being offered alternatives?

given there are only 200 dots free in all of the other stands combined we’ve sold far more than 12,500 now

49 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Think we are going to get a good number of season tickets sold in the next week or so, maybe more so next week once people have been paid. There aren't many seats together in the 3 other stands, seems to be just single seats dotted around. There is certainly not going to be many tickets available for walk ups this season unless season ticket holders release their seats back for re-sale when they can't make it. Revenue from the sales must be at a number we haven't had for a while. 

Another few decnt signings will no doubt help the numbers also.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

given there are only 200 dots free in all of the other stands combined we’ve sold far more than 12,500 now

Do we kinow that for sure though? Look at the times when folk do the dot counts to assess how many tickets have been sold and suddenly other areas are released.

Based on your theory then we must have sold close to 16.5k less whatever is allocated for hospitality. I am not arguing with you but if we have then that is great stuff.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I actually think the Celtic games are worse. They hate us even more than Hibs do. 

It's great tho. 

The hate is real. 

Unfortunately the slip us the length more often than not, but it makes the wins v them even sweeter. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do we kinow that for sure though? Look at the times when folk do the dot counts to assess how many tickets have been sold and suddenly other areas are released.

Based on your theory then we must have sold close to 16.5k less whatever is allocated for hospitality. I am not arguing with you but if we have then that is great stuff.

the dots look evenly spread across sections.  There will be some held back for hospitality but you are talking hundreds.. we will be over 14k already 

Managed to get a couple of seats, but my old man will be the row and seat directly behind me because all decent areas are all single seats. Made a massive mistake by not renewing and then moving during the move seat period. Lesson learnt.

It'll be our first outing in the new Main Stand, though :) exciting.

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Marooned In Oz said:

What about the fans who will miss out on going to Easter Road?   

Twice a season?

We'd need to suck it up. If hibs cut back our allocation, then that's their decision. 

We can't Control what hibs or any other team give us

Hibs locking Hearts fans out of spite is completely different to us  cutting back our away fans allocation to accomadate more of our own and grow our fan base. 

We need to do what is what is best for us and the majority of Hearts fans. 

Tynecastle is or should always be for Hearts fans first. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Season tickets 22/23 - sold out - waiting list now open (updated)