*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

After the disappointment of yesterday I imagine if Haring is signing an extension that will be announced first. If Forrest is signing, maybe the week after that. If there’s deals in place (pre-contract / contract extensions / Shankland?) then I imagine these will be spread out once a week at most in the ‘off season’.

Window opens June 10th I think. Europa League qualifier first leg is August 18th. Think a lot of business needs to be done in and out in that time. With some suggesting 10-11 signings, we’ll need an average of 1 signing a week from when the window opens. I suspect anyone expecting that to happen may be disappointed.

I don’t think one a week or whatever will be a thing. We don’t have time to waste.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t think one a week or whatever will be a thing. We don’t have time to waste.

Surely one a week is the announcements? They’ll all tip up on the same day if they’ve already signed (as is rumoured). 

12 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

The problem with that tactic was we got pushed deeper and deeper as the game went on. Also due to a much weaker midfield.

yes I agree but to be fair we did not concede against them for ninety minutes but we were unable to nab one our selfs and make it count 

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

I think Peter is a better passer than Benni who covers the ground and wins possession well but then tends to lay it off rather than play a defence splitting pass. I also think Haring is stronger and better in the air than our other midfielders. Also Benni is not going to be available until about half way through the season and will need time to get back to his best hopefully.

Midfielders aerial ability is wayy down on the list of what I want in a midfielder. 

IMO we need a better midfield, Devlin and Haring aren't good enough. 

Benni is the nearest we have to a complete midfielder. 

I'd like 2 midfielders  better than we have to replace Haring and McEneff. 

That would leave Devlin to dip and out of the side with Halliday as cover. 

Do that and we have better midfield. 

Keep with Haring and Devlin our midfield will be the same as this season and it will lack a ball carrier and goals. 

Haring has his qualities, but is limited. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Midfielders aerial ability is wayy down on the list of what I want in a midfielder. 

Keep with Haring and Devlin our midfield will be the same as this season and it will lack a ball carrier and goals. 

I think the only real drawback with Haring is his lack of pace. Everything else about him is spot on. 

Devlin, once back fully fit, will be a good player for us again. 

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I think Haring is away, thats just based on how he was after the final whistle. 

I turned the telly off as soon as the whistle went. What was he like after? 

39 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

I think Peter is a better passer than Benni who covers the ground and wins possession well but then tends to lay it off rather than play a defence splitting pass. I also think Haring is stronger and better in the air than our other midfielders. Also Benni is not going to be available until about half way through the season and will need time to get back to his best hopefully.

Pete’s a really good player. I wonder if he’s better suited to a three man midfield. 

Benni and Cam don’t have his passing range, but they cover the ground of three people between them. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I turned the telly off as soon as the whistle went. What was he like after? 

He was front and centre in the applauding of the support, might just be that he's the soundest of ***** but for me it was a goodbye clap

Think this summer is going to be an important one - we have made great strides this season and with Europe etc and the money that brings we have the potential to create some distance between us and the rest (couple of seasons of that then we may well get to a position where we may look to challenge but let’s concentrate for now on the priorities above an hopefully an enjoyable and admirable European showing).

Personally I think we should concentrate on a squad that caters for 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 and I think we need at least 2 players for each position (and in some 3 e.g. striker). I think we need a clear out of a few players (GMS, McEneff etc), some loans we should let go (Woodburn, Taylor) whereas others we should look to retain (Simms, Cochrane (who at just turned 22 I think would provide a decent understudy to Kingsley)). Others we should repurpose e.g. Natty is too much a bomb scare to have near RB so we should use as a winger. As such I think we have/need:

Gordon                                                                     New GK

New RB   Halks    New CB   Kingsley                      Smith   New CB   New CB   Cochrane
                 Beni     Haring                                                        Sibbick   Cammy

New AMR   Barry   New AML                                    Natty      Boyce    New AML
                       Simms                                                                     New ST

So by my reckoning we need 9 first team players and if reports are true then I think Shankland and Forrest are good additions to that squad as the new striker and attacking right winger options. I expect Polock and Henderson to contribute to the first team this season also.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Devlin, Haring, Beni, Halliday and Cammy are really effective but none really offer enough going forward. We can put any combination of those guys out there and we still struggle to get forward and support the strikers. 

Need a more complete midfielder who is disciplined enough to defend but is also capable of linking with the attack. 
Basically another Paul Hartley will do. 

And if we are playing 5 at the back then your wing backs need to be the best we can afford - strong defensively but also confident in the final third. Do ours meet that criteria? I’m not really sure. 

Replacing Boyce with Halliday really pushed us back. Woodburn was the obvious replacement but he is just making up the numbers now, and I don’t think McEneff is trusted. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think the only real drawback with Haring is his lack of pace. Everything else about him is spot on. 

Devlin, once back fully fit, will be a good player for us again. 

I like Haring, but not for me going forward. 

He's too slow in transition as well, he doesn't go past players or drive forward enough for me. 

He has qualities, but if looking to move forward we need better. 

Jean Louis Valois

We have the chance to turn our really good squad into a brilliant squad this summer. Replace the squad fillers with players who can make a difference. Hopefully Joe works his magic again.

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

He was front and centre in the applauding of the support, might just be that he's the soundest of ***** but for me it was a goodbye clap

I hope not. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Devlin, Haring, Beni, Halliday and Cammy are really effective but none really offer enough going forward. We can put any combination of those guys out there and we still struggle to get forward and support the strikers. 

Need a more complete midfielder who is disciplined enough to defend but is also capable of linking with the attack. 
Basically another Paul Hartley will do. 

And if we are playing 5 at the back then your wing backs need to be the best we can afford - strong defensively but also confident in the final third. Do ours meet that criteria? I’m not really sure. 

Replacing Boyce with Halliday really pushed us back. Woodburn was the obvious replacement but he is just making up the numbers now, and I don’t think McEneff is trusted. 

Agreed, I use Benni as the benchmark as imo he's our most complete midfielder and was showing signs of improvement going forward before his injury. 

None of the others offer enough, especially v the OF were imo the lack of quality is shown up in the midfield. 

My OF family and friends have all commented that Benni is our only real midfielder and after a season watching Devlin, Haring etc I tend to agree. 

We need better. 

If we go with Haring / Devlin then we can expect much the same next season. 

We won't improve. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I like Haring, but not for me going forward. 

He's too slow in transition as well, he doesn't go past players or drive forward enough for me. 

He has qualities, but if looking to move forward we need better. 

To be fair, we should always be looking for better players. I really hope he stays, i think he will be a big part of us finishing 3rd again next season. Another midfielder who can go past players and attack the defence would be a good addition as well though

SectionDJambo

The players have done very well this season to achieve third and make sure Hibs couldn’t steal the golden European ticket. Hearts now need to improve the quality and depth of our squad, which will only be done by signing better players, who will move into the team rather than just be further options. Our bench, for the bigger games next season, should consist of players who have been regulars this season, because we have signed better players.

Going for 3rd, initially, then making a decent fist of European football along with 2 decent cup runs, will definitely require more quality without chucking out good players we already have.

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

love him.  Rangers we able to focus on him yesterday and nullify the threat.

we somehow need to find another one, or a Martin Boyle type - someone with real genuine pace.  

we have a good team.  But we need to take a bit of a controlled gamble to try and get closer.  

Pace and athleticism are key 

BackOfTheNet
46 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

When it’s ‘off season’ the whole club gets time off (well, mostly), so it’s not just players and coaching staff but admin / social media staff take time off too from what I understand. That’s why I think any off season news would be spread out. Once the window is open again and players back in training, I’m saying we’d have to have “an average” of one transfer a week to meet expectations of those thinking we’ll get 10 or 11 in, and that’s not going to happen. Even if it’s one or two one week and nothing for a couple of weeks etc.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

When it’s ‘off season’ the whole club gets time off (well, mostly), so it’s not just players and coaching staff but admin / social media staff take time off too from what I understand. That’s why I think any off season news would be spread out. Once the window is open again and players back in training, I’m saying we’d have to have “an average” of one transfer a week to meet expectations of those thinking we’ll get 10 or 11 in, and that’s not going to happen. Even if it’s one or two one week and nothing got a couple of weeks etc.

Much like any job though you’d expect Hearts not to let all 3 or 4 or however many social media staff members to be off at the same time in case things materialise.

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Coco said:

There's very little to build on bar a top class but ancient goalkeeper, a couple of defenders and Beni who we are yet to see how he responds to his injury. 

No pace, no young players breaking through, little creativity, no goals in the side.  And no desire shown after we went a goal down yesterday.

I'm hoping we replace about a dozen players while signing about 15!

You realise we've just finished 3rd in the league and runners up in the Scottish Cup don't you??? 

****ing hell........ Absolutely clueless 😂😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed, I use Benni as the benchmark as imo he's our most complete midfielder and was showing signs of improvement going forward before his injury. 

None of the others offer enough, especially v the OF were imo the lack of quality is shown up in the midfield. 

My OF family and friends have all commented that Benni is our only real midfielder and after a season watching Devlin, Haring etc I tend to agree. 

We need better. 

If we go with Haring / Devlin then we can expect much the same next season. 

We won't improve. 

I would tend to agree with this however as per my post above I think we need 9 players elsewhere in the squad which are probably more of a priority (simply because we have a number of players that can fill the central midfield roles). I think our biggest priorities are centre back (where we need up to 3 players), left wing, striker and right back.

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Much like any job though you’d expect Hearts not to let all 3 or 4 or however many social media staff members to be off at the same time in case things materialise.

Of course. But at the same time, that’s why you’d spread the workload out if the resources are less. Also is just a marketing trick. Drip feeding news to keep the interest up. If we announce all contract extensions and pre-contracts next week and then nothing until the window opens or players come back for pre-season, then that reduces interest and traffic to the site and social media etc. That was my thinking at least.

No longer active
37 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Now if we could get a Bassey on loan......what a player.

Shirley not !

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, rory78 said:

Anton Ferdinand was in Hearts end yesterday he walked by me at the main stand on his way round 😳

He works for an agency. Taylor Moore is on their roster along with Yann Dhanda whom we've been linked with. Here's a snippet of players they represent and who fit in with the market value of our squad: 

263977CA-8C24-4BFD-B012-7CFAC3A1EBEA.jpeg

Definitely a couple of interesting names in there.

Edited by Batistuta87

Dick Dastardly
14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He works for an agency. Taylor Moore is on their roster along with Yann Dhanda whom we've been linked with. Here's a snippet of players they represent and who fit in with the market value of our squad: 

Probably just hoping to catch a glimpse of the lesser spotted Moore then? 

Italian Lambretta
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

You can dismiss all the players with the word attacking in their title. We only do defensive players 😑

OmiyaHearts

I think as a minimum we need 2 Centre backs, a Left Back, a Centre Mid, 2 Wingers and at least 2 Forwards. No way Boyce should be playing again for us after this seasons performances and it's not certain Simms will be back. Ginelly & GMS not good enough and should look to move on. McEneff has shown fleeting glimpses of quality but no been effective really. None of the loanees except Simms have done enough to be considered to sign permanently.

I'd get rid of Smith, Sibbick, Halliday, Ginnelly, GMS, McEneff & Boyce. Looks like Haring will also go and Cochrane & Moore won't be back.

Jean Louis Valois
4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I think as a minimum we need 2 Centre backs, a Left Back, a Centre Mid, 2 Wingers and at least 2 Forwards. No way Boyce should be playing again for us after this seasons performances and it's not certain Simms will be back. Ginelly & GMS not good enough and should look to move on. McEneff has shown fleeting glimpses of quality but no been effective really. None of the loanees except Simms have done enough to be considered to sign permanently.

I'd get rid of Smith, Sibbick, Halliday, Ginnelly, GMS, McEneff & Boyce. Looks like Haring will also go and Cochrane & Moore won't be back.

Only players that could leave from that lot are GMS and McEneff, can't see many leaving apart rom Soapy and Loans

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

I think Haring is away, thats just based on how he was after the final whistle. 

if he leaves, he leaves. 

We still have Cammy, Beni, Halliday to fill that role and we need to think about getting a more rounded midfielder in there. 

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We have plenty to build on,top priority has to be Centre Half,Left back and Strikers.

Personally think we need that special player aswell,the elusive number 10 that everybody is looking for.We ars just a bit short just now.

That player. A Mikey Cameron, Fulton, Hartley type is JUST what we need

3 hours ago, hisnameis said:

Haring getting booked after 3 minutes totally subdued our midfield. You could see that he couldn't commit to the tackle in the same way.

5 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Haring getting booked after 3 minutes totally subdued our midfield. You could see that he couldn't commit to the tackle in the same way.

Thought that was typical of Collum. Surprised he didn't send anyone off tbh. We know what he's like. 

Can people moaning about the final please take it to one of the many threads about it and stop clogging our transfer thread up, we've got serious stuff to discuss.

Anyone found anything on any players we're looking at social medias?

The Goalscoring Knee
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thought that was typical of Collum. Surprised he didn't send anyone off tbh. We know what he's like.

Didn't have to after that booking. Totally nullified Haring's potential influence for the remainder of the game.

LarrysRightFoot
10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Any Celtic or Rangers off casts we can go for.

Scott Wright was one I was hoping was out of the picture at Ibrox but it doesn’t look like that now. 

A few folk have mentioned Mikey Johnston. Not sure what his situation is. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

You can dismiss all the players with the word attacking in their title. We only do defensive players 😑

Like Simms, Woodburn and McKay. 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Daniel Ballard is decent so is that Jonathan Williams seen him play for Wales and some English team can't mind who but possibly Palace 

Rick Sanchez

Yesterday's game has made me pretty meh with regards to keeping any of our loans. It might make sense to keep a couple but it's not essential.

It's another rebuild this summer IMO. I think they're working on it.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Connor Ronan follows Taylor-Moore on Twitter🤔

Played together on loan at Blackpool when Gnanduillet was there. So nothing to see there.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Played together on loan at Blackpool when Gnanduillet was there. So nothing to see there.

Makes sense. I'll keep scouring...

RustyRightPeg
28 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Daniel Ballard is decent so is that Jonathan Williams seen him play for Wales and some English team can't mind who but possibly Palace 

Check his injury history, wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Cracking player when fit though. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Naisys Tackle
45 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Any Celtic or Rangers off casts we can go for.

karamoko dembele or Steven Davis would be good signings. 

146 appearances this year for Mackay, Mackay-Steven, Ginnelly and Woodburn.

14 goals.

These are supposed to be attacking players.

3 minutes ago, Coco said:

146 appearances this year for Mckay, Mackay-Steven, Ginnelly and Woodburn.

14 goals.

These are supposed to be attacking players.

19 assists between them too. 10 of which are McKay. 

Safe to say all but McKay should be goners. Shockingly bad return. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
5 hours ago, rory78 said:

Anton Ferdinand was in Hearts end yesterday he walked by me at the main stand on his way round 😳

Aye he was was on my Saturday am flight from Gatwick too... Probably hoping to watch Taylor Moore as others have suggested.

Batistuta87
42 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Ballard is a good young player aye - might be an option on loan as he's still with Arsenal.

Williams has played for Palace aye 👍🏻

Edited by Batistuta87

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***