*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Our transfer window will be about improving on this season and making 3rd ours Again

The players we get will have that in mind. 

The Of will be miles ahead again and will beat us more often than not. 

Folk need to forget about catching celtic or Rangers at this time. 

We've not finished 3rd twice in a row since CL's first spell. That's the reality. 

Consolidate 3rd, get into Europe and improve over 3/4 seasons and see how close we can get. 

We don't need a whole new squad to get 3rd again, but we do need a few good players of quality, more strength in depth and to not only replace but add to the numbers leaving. 

It will be exciting, but we aren't going to be near rangers or celtic. 

I think the Romanov era has distorted many younger Hearts fans as to who we are,the OF also are once again financially not in the same league as us,it's like the 90's and 2000's all over again in terms of Rangers throwing cash at it.

I am happy with the progress we are making.

I am over yesterday already.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

I think the Romanov era has distorted many younger Hearts fans as to who we are,the OF also are once again financially not in the same league as us,it's like the 90's and 2000's all over again in terms of Rangers throwing cash at it.

Even under romanov it was one good league season, we've had no consistency. 

The fact that consistency in the league will Likley bring financial rewards and let us build makes 3rd really important now. 

3 Cup finals in 4 seasons v the of with 2-1 reverse, a pk defeat, and a defeat in et are hard to take, but we move on. 

Some are enjoying this as it let's them call out manager a loser and gives them a platform on here to slag him. 

I honestly think some are now at the stage of enjoying us getting beat just for those reasons. 

Most others will move on and understand we've had a cracking season with exciting times ahead. 

8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hearts top achievements last 10 years a Scottish cup win, or winning the Scottish championship? 

It's not even comparable the Scottish championship well done mate 😂.

You still crying over you’re beloved Stendal who was a major part in putting us down in the championship?

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You are way too happy when we get beat as it allows you to post stuff like this. 

More and more I find it hard to believe you support Hearts as you  simply seem to enjoy defeats too much. 

Do you have a season ticket? 

Of course he does, just not a Hearts one.

In an ideal world there should be at least one incoming who goes straight into the first 11. Two even better. Given the Euro windfall if ever there was a time to try to strengthen this is it. Rather than decide we already have a good enough side to take another 3rd spot.

It's the way to cementing that position and that really should be the major objective now. You can't have one good solid league season and a cup final then say okay done that now it's time to take on the OF. That's not a gap it's a chasm.

The immediate objective is to try to remain as dominant in that 3rd spot for at least several years. Ideally with more Euro income in succeeding seasons and maybe even better if those below didn't qualify.

Though in saying that I want all Scottish clubs to qualify and gain coefficient points if they can. That can get you direct entry to groups. But if that doesn't pan out for those below so be it. Take advantage. Get in some years of that and who knows where it could lead.

Teams making regular Euro appearances are more attractive to talented young prospects from all over.

Салатные палочки
59 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Slept on it. Still extremely disappointed with that yesterday. Totally toothless going forward. 

We need a big clear out, again. Also need some real top quality players if we are going to compete on all fronts next season. Still too much dross in our squad. 

Mental. Who should be shipped out. 

The squad needs fine tuning, not a clear-out. 

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

In an ideal world there should be at least one incoming who goes straight into the first 11. Two even better. Given the Euro windfall if ever there was a time to try to strengthen this is it. Rather than decide we already have a good enough side to take another 3rd spot.

It's the way to cementing that position and that really should be the major objective now. You can't have one good solid league season and a cup final then say okay done that now it's time to take on the OF. That's not a gap it's a chasm.

The immediate objective is to try to remain as dominant in that 3rd spot for at least several years. Ideally with more Euro income in succeeding seasons and maybe even better if those below didn't qualify.

Though in saying that I want all Scottish clubs to qualify and gain coefficient points if they can. That can get you direct entry to groups. But if that doesn't pan out for those below so be it. Take advantage. Get in some years of that and who knows where it could lead.

Teams making regular Euro appearances are more attractive to talented young prospects from all over.

Subs weakened us and their made them stronger. Showed us past the first 11 that the quality isn’t there. Woodburn, GMS and ginelly too inconsistent.

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Totally agree, it's a far better team than anything outside the OF. Why in the world would you want to dismantle it? That would be suicidal.

Bazzas right boot

I still think the midfield is weak. 

Haring, Halliday and Devlin imo are not good enough. 

Benni is our only proper midfielder that "midfields" in the right way. 

Halliday and Haring are good back up and can be used in lesser games, Devlin needs to develop and fine tune his use of the ball. 

Crying out for a Djoum type. 

Djoum type and Benni in midfield would be ideal for us. 

Haring is safe and v the lesser teams can be useful, but if he ever goes past a player and plays a penetrative pass I think I'd combust. 

Devlin wins the ball, but lacks composure and intelligence with the ball. 

Halliday has a bit dig, is safe like Haring and can shoot, but like Haring is slow in turnover. 

McEneff will leave imo. 

We need at least 1 good midfielder. 

IMO it's our weakest area. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Subs weakened us and their made them stronger. Showed us past the first 11 that the quality isn’t there. Woodburn, GMS and ginelly too inconsistent.

Just one more reason to try to get in one or two who are good enough to displace a current starter. Then the current starter becomes the back up. 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Agreed. 

I think it was the lack of depth that really sold the game down the river for us. None of our subs influenced the game or brought anything. In 2012, Sergio had Suso who we could stick on and he was an absolute terror for defences. Robbie doesn't have that, Gino isn't good enough, neither is GMS and Woodburn. In fact, none of our subs really are up to the required standard and that was why once Jack and Kamara came on the momentum really shifted.

Also, we need to look to sign some real competition for Boyce, his form towards the end of the season was poor which I think may be tied up with his fitness. I want to avoid another Naismith situation where we're constantly having to manage his game time and hoping to god nothing happens. 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I said this many times before, 2005/6 created old firm expectations among some Hearts fans despite having no where near the budget to meet those expectations. Thats not to say we should not demand to push Hearts as far as we can, but we should lose perspective short term.

Joe Savage clearly has a vision how to raise the level of Hearts to be more towards the Old Firm. But its over the long term, not short term. So this season getting European qualification was what was important, we met that and got into group stage European football which was best result. Next season is about doing what we can in Europe but getting third again in the league. Do that season after season, do better and better in Europe we  get more and more money which raises us to a much higher level where we can seriously challenge the Old Firm.

If we look at a team like Aberdeen, they always had a short term vision when Hearts, Rangers and Hibs went down. They could have built and to clear third, but they had poor recruitment, no long term plan, so they could not progress in Europe so never got the extra money. And they are back to being average at best.

Squad size has helped us this season build a very close knit team, but yesterday it showed how it can hinder. We had our best XI but no real game changers on the bench (as others pointed out, Rangers were able to bring on quality fresh players.) I think not having a third striker meant we kept Simms out too long when it was clear he was exhausted. So we build on. Ideally we have our best XI, where 3 of the XI might not be here next season, so we replace the 3 gone, then any quality we bring in over that XI means 1 of the original XI goes on the bench providing quality depth.

Gordon Ramsay
13 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I'd punt GMS, Ginnelly and McEneff. Not good enough. 

Wouldnt have Woodburn or Cochrane back on loan either. Woodburn ineffective, Cochrane is better but still doesn't offer enough for me. 

Obviously Souttar away too. Smith is past it. Atkinson is pretty shite but obviously just signed so won't be going anywhere. 

Fair amount of work to be done. If we don't get Simms back will need at least 2 forwards in too. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agreed. 

I think it was the lack of depth that really sold the game down the river for us. None of our subs influenced the game or brought anything. In 2012, Sergio had Suso who we could stick on and he was an absolute terror for defences. Robbie doesn't have that, Gino isn't good enough, neither is GMS and Woodburn. In fact, none of our subs really are up to the required standard and that was why once Jack and Kamara came on the momentum really shifted.

Also, we need to look to sign some real competition for Boyce, his form towards the end of the season was poor which I think may be tied up with his fitness. I want to avoid another Naismith situation where we're constantly having to manage his game time and hoping to god nothing happens. 

The thing is it's impossible to match their depth. They have such depth they didn't even have a recognised striker on the pitch either yesterday or in their recent Euro games. I think people are going too far making decisions on a game against Rangers.

Do you think they would look out of their depth against Liverpool? I do and there's a relatively even bigger financial gap between Hearts and Rangers than there is between Rangers and Liverpool.

People can't make squad decisions based on this game.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Halliday and Haring are good back up and can be used in lesser games, Devlin needs to develop and fine tune his use of the ball. 

Haring is safe and v the lesser teams can be useful, but if he ever goes past a player and plays a penetrative pass I think I'd combust. 

Halliday has a bit dig, is safe like Haring and can shoot, but like Haring is slow in turnover. 

McEneff will leave imo. 

Yeah, its not even so much that the midfield is bad, its just it lacks that special something since there is zero creativity. A Djoum type midfielder would be amazing, hell even at 33, if he hadn't signed up with that Cypriot team, I'd be saying just to go for the man himself :D There will be a younger model somewhere with similar stats, so we just need Savage and his team to find them. Thankfully we're not looking for the 2nd coming of Messi, so finding a similar player shouldn't be an impossible task.  

I think in a 343 the creativity is supposed to come from the wingbacks linking up with the two wider players behind the striker but its clear that isn't happening, and obviously common sense tells you, you want to be able to go through the middle too which currently we can't since neither Haring or Devlin are ball carriers.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

The thing is it's impossible to match their depth. They have such depth they didn't even have a recognised striker on the pitch either yesterday or in their recent Euro games. I think people are going too far making decisions on a game against Rangers.

Do you think they would look out of their depth against Liverpool? I do and there's a relatively even bigger financial gap between Hearts and Rangers than there is between Rangers and Liverpool.

People can't make squad decisions based on this game.

We can't match their quality, but I think another poster has made the point our subs helped Rangers more than anything else, and with the prize money for finishing 3rd coupled with the conference money and ticket sales, we should have a very significant amount of money coming into the club to allow us to get a higher calibre of player hopefully. I think if we'd been able to replace Boyce with a more like for like player Simms wouldn't have been so isolated. Likewise McKay, Gino can't lace his boots. 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Slept on it. Still extremely disappointed with that yesterday. Totally toothless going forward. 

We need a big clear out, again. Also need some real top quality players if we are going to compete on all fronts next season. Still too much dross in our squad. 

We don’t need a clear out, far from it. We need to fine tune the areas that we’re short in. What’s the point in shipping out everyone when we don’t have enough depth as it is?

Let’s not forget we just finished 3rd by a country mile with this squad and we limped the last month. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

We can't match their quality, but I think another poster has made the point our subs helped Rangers more than anything else, and with the prize money for finishing 3rd coupled with the conference money and ticket sales, we should have a very significant amount of money coming into the club to allow us to get a higher calibre of player hopefully. I think if we'd been able to replace Boyce with a more like for like player Simms wouldn't have been so isolated. Likewise McKay, Gino can't lace his boots. 

I agree some strengthening is the ideal at this time. And by strengthening as I already said I mean at least one who will displace a current starter. I think the rest below are already at least a couple of years behind. Strengthening now can maintain and potentially even stretch the gap.

Jambo in Bathgate
18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Spot on. Our subs didn’t make our game better. Whereas Rangers subs both scored. That was the difference. We need to move on and look to strengthen with players that will make that difference. 

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

We don’t need a clear out, far from it. We need to fine tune the areas that we’re short in. What’s the point in shipping out everyone when we don’t have enough depth as it is?

Let’s not forget we just finished 3rd by a country mile with this squad and we limped the last month. 

Maybe clear out a bit strong.

Definitely quite a few changes required though. Need proper quality players brought in. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Maybe clear out a bit strong.

Definitely quite a few changes required though. Need proper quality players brought in. 

Yeah absolutely agree on that.

There's very little to build on bar a top class but ancient goalkeeper, a couple of defenders and Beni who we are yet to see how he responds to his injury. 

No pace, no young players breaking through, little creativity, no goals in the side.  And no desire shown after we went a goal down yesterday.

I'm hoping we replace about a dozen players while signing about 15!

Dick Dastardly
36 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Even under romanov it was one good league season, we've had no consistency. 

The fact that consistency in the league will Likley bring financial rewards and let us build makes 3rd really important now. 

3 Cup finals in 4 seasons v the of with 2-1 reverse, a pk defeat, and a defeat in et are hard to take, but we move on. 

Some are enjoying this as it let's them call out manager a loser and gives them a platform on here to slag him. 

I honestly think some are now at the stage of enjoying us getting beat just for those reasons. 

Most others will move on and understand we've had a cracking season with exciting times ahead. 

Good post

Anyone take Eli Dasa? on a free and it looks like Vittese don't pay masses more than us. Caused Scotland enough problems over the years, so IMO would do well.

Maybe a deal to be done there. Its not like Israeli players haven't played here before. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, its not even so much that the midfield is bad, its just it lacks that special something since there is zero creativity. A Djoum type midfielder would be amazing, hell even at 33, if he hadn't signed up with that Cypriot team, I'd be saying just to go for the man himself :D There will be a younger model somewhere with similar stats, so we just need Savage and his team to find them. Thankfully we're not looking for the 2nd coming of Messi, so finding a similar player shouldn't be an impossible task.  

I think in a 343 the creativity is supposed to come from the wingbacks linking up with the two wider players behind the striker but its clear that isn't happening, and obviously common sense tells you, you want to be able to go through the middle too which currently we can't since neither Haring or Devlin are ball carriers.

Ball carriers! 

That's the term that alluded me. 

Agree with all that. 

We've also  now lost one of our better ball carriers - Souttar.

This makes getting a couple in even more important. 

I'm still in the camp of letting Haring and McEneff go. 

Halliday and Devlin as back up. 

Benni and new exciting "ball carrier" as regulars. 

Maybe even 2 shiney new proper midfielders. 

Sub gk

2x cd

Lb

2 x cm

2x winger

2 x striker or 1 if Simms stays. 

That's 10 in

Moore, Cochrane, woodburn Mceneff, Haring, walker, Souttar, GMS away. 

Gino could leave as well. 

That's only a net increase or 2 players. 

Pollock, kirk to come in as well. 

Gonna go daft and list some players as well, guess the wages we'd need to offer as well. 

Cb-Findlay (£7k) and the young arsenal guy or even Scales (££5-7k)

Cochrane or someone else I dunno a lb tbh. We might need 2 left backs (£8k in total) 

Wilshiere (£8k) and Rogic (£10k) 😜

Johnstone(£4k), forest(£3k), I'd go for A forest £(8k)as well. His bums oot the windea. 

Simms(£8k), Shankland (£6k)

Mystery Japanese forward thrown in as well who can play across the front 3.(£8k)

Ive just spent about £4.5m on wages there 

We will get half that back with the guys that are leaving. 

Gonna put down the football manager now. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Loan players of a better quality please. 

A couple would be good. 

I think we'll do that as well. 

Might attract better loanness as we're in Europe, ones that would normally go to the championship. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Coco said:

There's very little to build on bar a top class but ancient goalkeeper, a couple of defenders and Beni who we are yet to see how he responds to his injury. 

No pace, no young players breaking through, little creativity, no goals in the side.  And no desire shown after we went a goal down yesterday.

Little to build on apart - from the 3rd best team in the country that is getting boosted by about £6-£8m  next season. 

I'll crack the jokes. 

However, I do think there will be a big turnover as we seek to improve again. 

Berra than you
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You are way too happy when we get beat as it allows you to post stuff like this. 

More and more I find it hard to believe you support Hearts as you  simply seem to enjoy defeats too much. 

Do you have a season ticket? 

They've gone from saying if Neilson wins the Scottish cup he'd be up there with our best ever managers to saying he's useless because we lost one game. Says it all really.

I've engaged with that poster in the past but when that's their take on football management it's not worth it.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

They've gone from saying if Neilson wins the Scottish cup he'd be up there with our best ever managers to saying he's useless because we lost one game. Says it all really.

I've engaged with that poster in the past but when that's their take on football management it's not worth it.

I've got most of the rabids on ignore, but I did give that poster the benefit of the doubt. 

Seems I was wrong. 

2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I reckon the first players we need to move on are:

Ginnelly

GMS

McEnneff

Stewart

Missing any?

Jambo 4 Ever
12 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Anton Ferdinand was in Hearts end yesterday he walked by me at the main stand on his way round 😳

New signing maybe?

Jambo 4 Ever
23 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I reckon the first players we need to move on are:

Ginnelly

GMS

McEnneff

Stewart

Missing any?

Boyce ?

13 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Anton Ferdinand was in Hearts end yesterday he walked by me at the main stand on his way round 😳

Maybe he’s an agent of a new signing 

1 hour ago, Coco said:

McKay?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, CMc said:

McKay?

love him.  Rangers we able to focus on him yesterday and nullify the threat.

we somehow need to find another one, or a Martin Boyle type - someone with real genuine pace.  

we have a good team.  But we need to take a bit of a controlled gamble to try and get closer.  

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see some movement this week. 

A few connected posters suggested there would be. 

Would make sense to start releasing some good news if we have any. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

McEneff will leave imo. 

How would you describe his pass to Kingsley v Hibs at tynie for the second goal.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

love him.  Rangers we able to focus on him yesterday and nullify the threat.

we somehow need to find another one, or a Martin Boyle type - someone with real genuine pace.  

we have a good team.  But we need to take a bit of a controlled gamble to try and get closer.  

Yeah, I agree. Thought Barry also tired himself out with his off the ball work first half. 

Some one who can really carry the ball at pace and turn defences would be a huge asset. 

Leveins Battalion

We have plenty to build on,top priority has to be Centre Half,Left back and Strikers.

Personally think we need that special player aswell,the elusive number 10 that everybody is looking for.We ars just a bit short just now.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

How would you describe his pass to Kingsley v Hibs at tynie for the second goal.

Picking up a second ball and a cross in to the box. 🤷‍♂️

What's that got to do with anything? 

Haring does a job, but v the OF he's shown up. 

Benni imo is our only complete midfielder, in that he wins the ball, retentions possession but is also a ball carrier.

He's also faster than Haring and Haliday in the turnover. 

He also just started to get forward and score before his injury. 

Haring is OK, but imo we need better midfielders to go alongside Benni. 

5 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Totally and he is also very good at finding attacking players out wide with his passing in fact it is just about the last thing I would criticise Pedro for

Berra than you
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Totally and he is also very good at finding attacking players out wide with his passing in fact it is just about the last thing I would criticise Pedro for

Think rangers did a really good job off the ball at stopping us play yesterday (like we did to them for most of the game). They pressed McKay whenever he got it, and gave Haring no time to find a pass. They clearly saw him as a threat. 

BackOfTheNet
26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see some movement this week. 

After the disappointment of yesterday I imagine if Haring is signing an extension that will be announced first. If Forrest is signing, maybe the week after that. If there’s deals in place (pre-contract / contract extensions / Shankland?) then I imagine these will be spread out once a week at most in the ‘off season’.

Window opens June 10th I think. Europa League qualifier first leg is August 18th. Think a lot of business needs to be done in and out in that time. With some suggesting 10-11 signings, we’ll need an average of 1 signing a week from when the window opens. I suspect anyone expecting that to happen may be disappointed.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Picking up a second ball and a cross in to the box. 🤷‍♂️

What's that got to do with anything? 

Haring does a job, but v the OF he's shown up. 

Benni imo is our only complete midfielder, in that he wins the ball, retentions possession but is also a ball carrier.

He's also faster than Haring and Haliday in the turnover. 

He also just started to get forward and score before his injury. 

Haring is OK, but imo we need better midfielders to go alongside Benni. 

I think Peter is a better passer than Benni who covers the ground and wins possession well but then tends to lay it off rather than play a defence splitting pass. I also think Haring is stronger and better in the air than our other midfielders. Also Benni is not going to be available until about half way through the season and will need time to get back to his best hopefully.

9 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Think rangers did a really good job off the ball at stopping us play yesterday (like we did to them for most of the game). They pressed McKay whenever he got it, and gave Haring no time to find a pass. They clearly saw him as a threat. 

Was speaking to a mate at the game and he kept emphasising that we surrendered the wide positions intentionally as we knew we could not play them at their own game and instead tried to block them in the final phase in and around the box and that we tried to just attack them through the middle …………… I think that probably accounts for the lack of opportunities for him to hit a winger to build an attack

steven_mck
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was speaking to a mate at the game and he kept emphasising that we surrendered the wide positions intentionally as we knew we could not play them at their own game and instead tried to block them in the final phase in and around the box and that we tried to just attack them through the middle …………… I think that probably accounts for the lack of opportunities for him to hit a winger to build an attack

The problem with that tactic was we got pushed deeper and deeper as the game went on. Also due to a much weaker midfield.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***