*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Midfielders aerial ability is wayy down on the list of what I want in a midfielder. 

IMO we need a better midfield, Devlin and Haring aren't good enough. 

Benni is the nearest we have to a complete midfielder. 

I'd like 2 midfielders  better than we have to replace Haring and McEneff. 

That would leave Devlin to dip and out of the side with Halliday as cover. 

Do that and we have better midfield. 

Keep with Haring and Devlin our midfield will be the same as this season and it will lack a ball carrier and goals. 

Haring has his qualities, but is limited. 

Sorry Baz but I have to disagree and so does our manager and Joe otherwise they would not be offering him a contract. Cant see how allowing Haring to leave and keeping Devlin and Halliday gives us a better midfield. Benni will be out the picture for most of next season. Don't think the complete midfielder exists at our level/budget  if at all. Midfielders tend to have specific roles and skill sets. However I think that Haring is physically stronger, a better passer and better in the air to defend set pieces and offer a threat in the opposition box than either Devlin or Halliday. I do agree that we need to add to our midfield as we will have more games and we are the team the rest ,outside the old firm, will be aiming to topple.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

7 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Spot on. Our subs didn’t make our game better. Whereas Rangers subs both scored. That was the difference. We need to move on and look to strengthen with players that will make that difference. 

Absolutely spot on.

I know it won't be easy, but hopefully our recruitment team have some players in mind.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Sorry Baz but I have to disagree and so does our manager and Joe otherwise they would not be offering him a contract. Cant see how allowing Haring to leave and keeping Devlin and Halliday gives us a better midfield. Benni will be out the picture for most of next season. Don't think the complete midfielder exists at our level/budget  if at all. Midfielders tend to have specific roles and skill sets. However I think that Haring is physically stronger, a better passer and better in the air to defend set pieces and offer a threat in the opposition box than either Devlin or Halliday. I do agree that we need to add to our midfield as we will have more games and we are the team the rest ,outside the old firm, will be aiming to topple.

If he stays, I still think we'll sign 1 more midfielder. 

I'm OK with him staying, but like Haliday I don't want him starting every week. Doesn't mean we can't do better or will try to or the mgt team think they are great. 

Arial ability is nice to have but if we signed another Benni  or better I  wouldn't be giving a **** about winning headers, others can step up for that. It's not one of the more important aspects of a midfielders game imo. 

If Benni was fit we might not have even offered him a contract, who knows.

If the likes of Haring, Haliday, Devlin are starting v the OF next season, imo we'll get similar results and performances v them as we did this season. 

We'll concede possession, our midfield wil get dominated by quicker, faster Morre intelligent players and we'll likley lose. 

1 hour ago, Coco said:

146 appearances this year for Mackay, Mackay-Steven, Ginnelly and Woodburn.

14 goals.

These are supposed to be attacking players.

That's the area we need to improve, greatly. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's the area we need to improve, greatly. 

Need a Colin Cameronesque/Hartleyesque or for the older ones a John Millar who just had a habit of being in and around the edge of the box 

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yesterday's game has made me pretty meh with regards to keeping any of our loans. It might make sense to keep a couple but it's not essential.

It's another rebuild this summer IMO. I think they're working on it.

I think rebuild is a bit drastic sounding, in terms of our first 11, I think Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley, Devlin, Haring, McKay and Boyce are of a good level and are a good spine to our team. 

There absolutely are signings we need to make, but its not like we're tearing things down and starting again. 

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think rebuild is a bit drastic sounding, in terms of our first 11, I think Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley, Devlin, Haring, McKay and Boyce are of a good level and are a good spine to our team. 

There absolutely are signings we need to make, but its not like we're tearing things down and starting again. 

I think Haring and Boyce are both past their best IMO - I like them both but can slow things down and don’t have the running power required IMO. Good squad players though. Again I like Devlin but he is still developing. 

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think Haring and Boyce are both past their best IMO - I like them both but can slow things down and don’t have the running power required IMO. Good squad players though. Again I like Devlin but he is still developing. 

Absolutely, but we can still rely on both so its not like we're replacing them (assuming Haring signs). 

I class a rebuild as what Robbie walked into, or what Cathro attempted to do once Robbie left. 

He's got a nucleus of a good team that needs some additions, but not a rebuild as such IMO.

(splitting hairs I suppose :D )

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Dunno mate. It would depend if Kingsley moves to left back as well. If Haring signs on...You can write Beni off until after the World Cup. If he doesn't sign...Devlin and Halliday...😳

You could easily lose McEneff, Ginnelly, Woodburn, Moore, Cochrane, GMS, Stewart. Simms will be off. Even Smith if his back doesn't survive pre season.

Gordon, Atkinson, Smith, Halkett, Sibbick, Kingsley, Devlin, Beni, Halliday, McKay, Boyce.

Very thin when you remove loans and dross. That's the only people I could say are guaranteed to stay. But with the schedule we have you could see GMS and McEneff etc staying unfortunately.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Didn't have to after that booking. Totally nullified Haring's potential influence for the remainder of the game.

It was a bad tackle. 

Worthy of a booking all the time. 

All his own doing as well. 

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

karamoko dembele or Steven Davis would be good signings. 

Supposedly St Mirren are trying to get Steven Davis.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Dunno mate. It would depend if Kingsley moves to left back as well. If Haring signs on...You can write Beni off until after the World Cup. If he doesn't sign...Devlin and Halliday...😳

You could easily lose McEneff, Ginnelly, Woodburn, Moore, Cochrane, GMS, Stewart. Simms will be off. Even Smith if his back doesn't survive pre season.

Gordon, Atkinson, Smith, Halkett, Sibbick, Kingsley, Devlin, Beni, Halliday, McKay, Boyce.

Very thin when you remove loans and dross. That's the only people I could say are guaranteed to stay. But with the schedule we have you could see GMS and McEneff etc staying unfortunately.

Yip, big summer ahead. 

Klaxon may be required. 

Naisys Tackle
54 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Would be a brilliant signing for them.

Could actually see him going to Killie and McInnes building the team around him. 

Jean Louis Valois
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Would be a brilliant signing for them.

Could actually see him going to Killie and McInnes building the team around him. 

If he was available it would be a no brainer for us to offer him a 2 year deal. Still a top player

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Jean Louis Valois said:

If he was available it would be a no brainer for us to offer him a 2 year deal. Still a top player

Would have to agree.  Experience would be vital in Europe also. 

6 hours ago, Arfur said:

Think this summer is going to be an important one - we have made great strides this season and with Europe etc and the money that brings we have the potential to create some distance between us and the rest (couple of seasons of that then we may well get to a position where we may look to challenge but let’s concentrate for now on the priorities above an hopefully an enjoyable and admirable European showing).

Personally I think we should concentrate on a squad that caters for 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 and I think we need at least 2 players for each position (and in some 3 e.g. striker). I think we need a clear out of a few players (GMS, McEneff etc), some loans we should let go (Woodburn, Taylor) whereas others we should look to retain (Simms, Cochrane (who at just turned 22 I think would provide a decent understudy to Kingsley)). Others we should repurpose e.g. Natty is too much a bomb scare to have near RB so we should use as a winger. As such I think we have/need:

Gordon                                                                     New GK

New RB   Halks    New CB   Kingsley                      Smith   New CB   New CB   Cochrane
                 Beni     Haring                                                        Sibbick   Cammy

New AMR   Barry   New AML                                    Natty      Boyce    New AML
                       Simms                                                                     New ST

So by my reckoning we need 9 first team players and if reports are true then I think Shankland and Forrest are good additions to that squad as the new striker and attacking right winger options. I expect Polock and Henderson to contribute to the first team this season also.

Can't really argue with any of this.

2 hours ago, bairdy said:

Absolutely spot on.

I know it won't be easy, but hopefully our recruitment team have some players in mind.

If they don't then they are not doing their jobs very well.

We have even more to try and attract players now.

Third in a competetive Legue.

Scottisg Cup Finalists.

Playing in Europe next season.

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

If they don't then they are not doing their jobs very well.

We have even more to try and attract players now.

Third in a competetive Legue.

Scottisg Cup Finalists.

Playing in Europe next season.

They’ve known who they want since January 

Davis would be the sort of stupid signing Levein would have made and building a team around him would be madness at his age just like when we built a team around Naismith

indianajones
4 hours ago, Sertse said:

Can people moaning about the final please take it to one of the many threads about it and stop clogging our transfer thread up, we've got serious stuff to discuss.

Anyone found anything on any players we're looking at social medias?

This. Chat about yesterday is now extremely boring. Lets get some decent players on and improve on this season. 

Dembele would be worth a shot if the wages were not too high but he could just as easily be Woodburn mark 2 so I would not be overly excited until he had played a few games assuming folk are talking about loaning him

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Davis would be the sort of stupid signing Levein would have made and building a team around him would be madness at his age just like when we built a team around Naismith

I wouldn't build a team around him but if St Mirren are after him wages wouldn't be an issue.   He would certainly be good to have around the team and the club and could still do a very good job next season. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

I wouldn't build a team around him but if St Mirren are after him wages wouldn't be an issue.   He would certainly be good to have around the team and the club and could still do a very good job next season. 

How old is he

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

They’ve known who they want since January 

I'm not sure about that.

I feel we will have to be extremely patient again to get players in the summer for a type of quality that may not be available to a club up here until the end of the window. 

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Best signing we could make it whoever runs the Rangers sports science department 

Rangers fan yesterday was telling me they have a Dutch guy who is in charge of fitness and seemingly  he's amazing. Can't remember his name, but it was English sounding. I assume he came with GVB

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Best signing we could make it whoever runs the Rangers sports science department 

There’s a few folk on here who appear to have sports science/PT backgrounds. 

I’m always curious: EPL players are much stronger and quicker than SPFL players, and old firm players seem to develop physically much faster than the rest of the league - is this due to player selection, or is training and supplements the big factor?

Players down south fill out massively at about 23. Our lads don’t seem to. Is it just a selection process for those who will always do so?

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I was told last week he's likely to come to Hearts.

kingantti1874

I’d take Steven Davis.  Showed yesterday he is more than good enough and he’s a great professional.. 

brilliant to have in an around the squad when we have so many fixtures next season 

2 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

I was told last week he's likely to come to Hearts.

I sincerely hope it was some one at the wind up

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Steven Davis goes against every single one of our signing policies. No thank you.

A proven winner and International captain?  Everyone in the squad would instantly look up to him and his professionalism, especially when we are going to have so many games next year. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Kingsley’s best position is left back so that’s where he should play. Means us needing 2 or 3 new cb’s though. 

7 minutes ago, CMc said:

There’s a few folk on here who appear to have sports science/PT backgrounds. 

I’m always curious: EPL players are much stronger and quicker than SPFL players, and old firm players seem to develop physically much faster than the rest of the league - is this due to player selection, or is training and supplements the big factor?

Players down south fill out massively at about 23. Our lads don’t seem to. Is it just a selection process for those who will always do so?

According to Strachan, it's "genetics".

heatonjambo

Hampden and the whole experience is appalling for a National stadium in this day and age. Look at wales and Ireland for national stadiums for nations of a similar size.

it is unacceptable to have to spend 35 minutes to walk to a ground having to book a car parking space on someone’s drive, or wait 35 minutes to get an over crowded train from the city centre, to then arrive at the ground to be greeted by bored police, outside an overgrown I’ll-laid out bus park, were drivers (attempting to park) actually hit people, to then be mis-directed through a housing estate, to a needless que because there are not enough turnstiles.

Then go to your seat and have to stand for the entire match regardless of age or physical capability, because the first 15 rows can’t see the pitch if they don’t stand.

you arrive, hear your team name miss-prounonced, with no pre-match entertainment, and mentioned second, though you are the home team, sitting at the end of the ground known as the Celtic end.

you then watch the game through binoculars because the gradient of the stand is sh1t and too far from the pitch to know what is happening at the other end.

at halftime you que for 20 minutes for a p1ss, being abused by the police.

at the end of the match it takes you 3 hours to get home. A journey that should take only 90 minutes max.

but hey hampden has history likesy 

Go on the interactive website. They couldn’t even arsed to do a 3D tour on a sunny day or around the full extent of the ground.

glasgow. Bitter their not the capital so Scottish football suffers with a sh1t stadium, corrupt referees and an organisation that exists for the benefit of two clubs.

it’s appalling and shouldn’t be accepted, but as a nation on such matters we are so insular and backward.

nuts

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

A proven winner and International captain?  Everyone in the squad would instantly look up to him and his professionalism, especially when we are going to have so many games next year. 

He would be 38 in the second half of the season I would be amazed if we would even consider him and I do not believe we are interested in him ……….. thank fully the days of Berra Whelan and Naismith signings appear to be behind us

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Steven Davis goes against every single one of our signing policies. No thank you.

Explain? 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I sincerely hope it was some one at the wind up

He wasn't at the wind up and has given me some good Info in the past. He's also gave me some duff info too.

In summary, I've no idea if it's true 😂

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

38 next season ffs.

If Levein had signed him this place would be in meltdown 🤣

Just now, Jonkel Hoon said:

He wasn't at the wind up and has given me some good Info in the past. He's also gave me some duff info too.

In summary, I've no idea if it's true 😂

Hope fully this was the latter mate

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Check his injury history, wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Cracking player when fit though. 

That normally doesn't put us off though does it. 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Explain? 

What's to explain?

38 next season. Wouldn't have the legs for a 3-4-3. No sell on value. Will be here for his retirement just like Whelan. Another reason to be called the mini huns as the Rangers fans pander to him next season like Halliday this.

Na.

9 hours ago, OTT said:

Anyone take Eli Dasa? on a free and it looks like Vittese don't pay masses more than us. Caused Scotland enough problems over the years, so IMO would do well.

Maybe a deal to be done there. Its not like Israeli players haven't played here before. 

Yes, definitely.

Was a complete pest in every game against Scotland.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He would be 38 in the second half of the season I would be amazed if we would even consider him and I do not believe we are interested in him ……….. thank fully the days of Berra Whelan and Naismith signings appear to be behind us

Both of them were more or less finished when they signed.  Whelan especially.  Davis was one of the best players on the park yesterday.  I do see your point though although I could see a lot of positives in the signing. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Both of them were more or less finished when they signed.  Whelan especially.  Davis was one of the best players on the park yesterday.  I do see your point though although I could see a lot of positives in the signing. 

Whelan was still playing at a high level and Naismith too all though I suspect you are just doing a wee Rangers troll again so I can not be bothered repeatedly pointing the obvious out to you over the next half an hour or what ever

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***