*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Christ that’s depressing, do they get a free bus pass when they hit 30?

What's even worse is that I turn 35 in a few months. Guess that means I'm definitely never going to make it?? 😂

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

PhoenixHearts
6 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

To be fair, our midfield was outstanding earlier on in the season with Beni and Devlin. Haring wasn't really at it and there was chat on here that he was finished. 

Peter Haring is a key player for us and one I hope signs a new long term deal. 

Beni is excellent, Haring is class and so is Devlin. 

What? 

Haring was in great form from the minute he came on and helped us in our win over Celtic to when he was (unfairly) benched for Devlin's debut.

I know in people's heads Beni and Devlin are the main midfield partnership this season and are getting the hype and credit as the "engine room" who drove this historic season but the facts say it a little differently.

Beni and Devlin played together for a relatively brief period between the very end of September and the start of December when Devlin was serving his 3 game suspension and Beni then got his first injury. Now that's not necessarily their fault (certainly not Beni's fault) but when Haring returned to the fold as a first half sub for Woodburn away to Livingston, he changed that game for us.

He hasn't looked back ever since, and he was arguably our best outfield player for the month of December.

Of the three, Haring has actually made most appearances, therefore the most consistent, therefore (in my incredibly humble and not arrogant or bias in any way opinion) should be awarded the bulk of the credit for keeping us chugging along in the middle during our best season in years.

Whether he's been paired with Beni, Devlin, Halliday, Smith or even Woodburn in central midfield, he has provided that stability and continuity all season long. To my recollection he's only had one notably "bad" performance this season and that was during our rough patch when we lost to Dundee and St Johnstone.

Beni is great but very unfortunate. Devlin has had his moments and is well loved bh supporters... But after Gordon, Kingsley and then maybe Halkett, I'm finding it quite hard not to put Haring's name as our 4th best player over the season as a whole.

4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Ewan Henderson is a better player than Ben Woodburn

Ewan Henderson is the latest in a line of Hibee inbreds who look like they wandered off the set of Deliverance.  He couldn't lace Ben's boots.

Euan Henderson on the other hand.....has done well at Alloa and deserves a chance to try and stake a claim with us during pre-season.  

4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Ewan Henderson is a better player than Ben Woodburn

seriously ??? Not a chance.  Deary me

7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Definitely the case. Cheers for getting what I was saying rather than completely missing the point like someone else has. :thumbs_up:

They could ***ing peak at 93 for all the difference it makes.  It is totally irrelevant for a player (like Woodburn) who is only on loan for THIS SEASON which finishes today.  What happens to him when he is 25, 26 or 28 will make no difference to us unless the loan is extended.

8 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

What? 

Haring was in great form from the minute he came on and helped us in our win over Celtic to when he was (unfairly) benched for Devlin's debut.

I know in people's heads Beni and Devlin are the main midfield partnership this season and are getting the hype and credit as the "engine room" who drove this historic season but the facts say it a little differently.

Beni and Devlin played together for a relatively brief period between the very end of September and the start of December when Devlin was serving his 3 game suspension and Beni then got his first injury. Now that's not necessarily their fault (certainly not Beni's fault) but when Haring returned to the fold as a first half sub for Woodburn away to Livingston, he changed that game for us.

He hasn't looked back ever since, and he was arguably our best outfield player for the month of December.

Of the three, Haring has actually made most appearances, therefore the most consistent, therefore (in my incredibly humble and not arrogant or bias in any way opinion) should be awarded the bulk of the credit for keeping us chugging along in the middle during our best season in years.

Whether he's been paired with Beni, Devlin, Halliday, Smith or even Woodburn in central midfield, he has provided that stability and continuity all season long. To my recollection he's only had one notably "bad" performance this season and that was during our rough patch when we lost to Dundee and St Johnstone.

Beni is great but very unfortunate. Devlin has had his moments and is well loved bh supporters... But after Gordon, Kingsley and then maybe Halkett, I'm finding it quite hard not to put Haring's name as our 4th best player over the season as a whole.

You're probably right so I won't disagree with what you've said. My recollection was that he was a bit off the pace and the chat on here (doesn't mean much) was that he looked finished, which is obviously a load of rubbish.

Haring, Beni and Devlin are 3 very good players and I'm delighted they're Hearts players.

15 hours ago, Sooks said:

I am a big fan of Devlin and I think he brings something to the team that no other player does but he needs to refine it and improve other parts of his game ........................... I do not even think he and Beni are too similar like some supporters like to say i do not really see it at all but all three bring some thing different to the team and what Haring brings the other two do not

Before his injury, Cam had really started breaking lines more and using his energy in possession as well as out, driving forwards.

Hed had a wee dip, been dropped and come back having improved aspects of his game.

He doesnt get credit for how good he is around the box. His vision and weight of pass, often first time, is excellent.

I honestly think the boys a star.

Rick Sanchez

Stalker vibes here but Shankland hasn't liked anything Rangers related on Twitter since just before our game at Tynie. 

Despite doing so every game.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Stalker vibes here but Shankland hasn't liked anything Rangers related on Twitter since just before our game at Tynie. 

Like that dedication. If we can get a good deal then signing him is a no brainer

28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Before his injury, Cam had really started breaking lines more and using his energy in possession as well as out, driving forwards.

Hed had a wee dip, been dropped and come back having improved aspects of his game.

He doesnt get credit for how good he is around the box. His vision and weight of pass, often first time, is excellent.

Just before his injury and around about the time he scored his first goal I was starting to see him more as an attacking midfielder than a defensive one and if he managed to start adding regular goals to his game then the sky is the limit ……………….. he is also a good bit younger than Pedro so he has time to surpass him but as of right now Haring is ahead of him in passing goal threat and defending at the back

BackOfTheNet
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

They could ***ing peak at 93 for all the difference it makes.  It is totally irrelevant for a player (like Woodburn) who is only on loan for THIS SEASON which finishes today.  What happens to him when he is 25, 26 or 28 will make no difference to us unless the loan is extended.

I honestly said to myself I was going to leave this, but I just can’t… Of course what Woodburn does in 5 years is irrelevant if he’s not with us in that time, and of course it’s irrelevant what he’s done in this last season. I’ve never once argued anything to the contrary. What I said was - and I think this is the fourth god damn time I’ve had to say this to you specifically now - what we witnessed in the 21/22 season from Woodburn (as well as what we’ve seen from Cochrane and Simms) is not going to be the best form these players have in their careers. Because they are young and will almost certainly be better players in the future than they are now.

Now, I can’t say this is a statement of fact as I’m talking about a future that hasn’t happened yet. But my point - that I haven’t gotten a clue why you keep missing - was that young players are yet to play their best football, and the named players we saw play will be better in the future (with or without Hearts). You seem to have concocted an argument in your head that my point was made to argue that Woodburn was a success or that we should keep him. Despite me telling you I’ve not argued anything like that and that there are genuine discussions separately within this very thread about whether or not we should keep Woodburn where your arguing technique and points would be far more relevant.

But instead all you’ve done is come into a thread all guns blazing and quoted a harmless point I made and directed inexplicable rage at it. I’ve told you before, I’ll likely tell you again, this is you…

“It’s not for you, just walk away, don’t worry about it”. Advice you should take heed of if I were you.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Really important player for keeping the ball moving quickly as well as his work off the ball. 

Top of the league in average tackles per game, top in average overall turnovers, top few midfielders for interceptions, passing accuracy up there with the best in the league. 

Absolutely brilliant at keeping the pace and intensity high on both sides of the ball. 

13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

This is the sort of gum shoe rain coat and fedora investigative work we need ……….. announce Shankland : - D

54 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Nice. We have our people at the airports. We have our people monitoring internet chatter. We most definitely have extremely productive troll farms. 

Pretty much the KGB but with less poisonings. (Although there could be a few self inflicted ones if all goes well this afternoon). 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Stalker vibes are a prerequisite to be in this thread, I unashamedly go through the social media of everyone we're rumoured to be signing looking for hints🤣

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I’ve noticed most of the ‘he’s shite’ posts and opinions previously made about him have disappeared. Maybe that’s a sign that he’s no shite and we’re signing him anyway so if if he is actually shite let’s see it for ourselves and give  him a chance

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think Shankland could do very well here. Finishing is his game, and I think we've seen from Boyce and even Simms, that they're not strong finishers. Some really big chances this season squandered. To score nearly 1 in 3 in the top flight for a hyper defensive side - IIRC he was up top himself a lot of the time under Mellon at Utd, is a decent return. Obviously move to Belgium was a crap decision, so we'll see what happens. £500k is a joke though and we're mugs if we pay it. We shouldn't be paying over the odds because the Belgians are idiots that overpaid. I think a couple hundred grand and a sell on fee would be fair. We're getting him off their wage bill and if he succeeds they'll get a bit more back. Win/Win. 

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I think Ainsley means our own EUAN Henderson not the wee Hibs laddie

And the poster knew this also  but wanted to put one over Ainsley  for his ridiculous statement.

Ainsley Harriott
13 hours ago, CMc said:

Don’t know if this is readable without a subscription: Peak player ages

Edit, it doesn’t. Worth a few quid a month imo. 

see image 

77948079-72CC-447D-9D89-2F230C1B8EC2.jpeg

Craig Gordon defies science

17 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He is better than our academy players, yes. I know some on here like to overreact, but we don’t have any real bad players in our side. We have players that have maybe disappointed us, but Stewart aside, all players have contributed to our successful season. Woodburn included. I’m not so sure the kids out on loan that look like a strong wind would blow them over would have.

Have a word with yourself - a plank of wood would be more effective than Woodburn. Baring 2 games we have effectively been down to 10 men any time he has been on the park.

Absolute Scenes
19 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

And the poster knew this also  but wanted to put one over Ainsley  for his ridiculous statement.

I mean it was a ridiculous statement and I just realised I hadn’t followed it up by saying that!

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Arfur said:

Have a word with yourself - a plank of wood would be more effective than Woodburn. Baring 2 games we have effectively been down to 10 men any time he has been on the park.

This is what I mean by overreacting. He’s not been that bad, he’s not been that good. Not everyone who isn’t great is utter shite. There is a middle ground. I don’t for one second feel that any of our current academy crop would have done more this season. But that’s my opinion. Yours is yours. “Have a word with yourself”, jesus, acting like the form of Woodburn is anything to get bothered about either way is the thing to worry about. Not what I’ve said.

Lets hope Everton see Simms as not to the required standard, because I think he could do a great job here. Today was disappointing, but not unexpected. Our squad is paper thin and we don't have much quality in our forward line. McKay, Simms and Boyce, thats it. GMS isn't good enough, Gino isn't good enough, Woodburn isn't good enough. Boyce's fitness is clearly an issue and IMO we should be looking to manage his minutes next season. I think:

CB to replace Souttar

LWB

RWB to compete with Atkinson

CM - I think a Djoum type would fit into this team like a glove. 

probably two 10s if we're going to play a 343 of real quality. 

ST - At least two. 

Theres probably some squad signings to make too. But as a bare minimum I think we need to sign the above

We were too slow and ponderous today, weak in the tackle and decision making was poor. Was a really disappointing effort today, think we could have played all day and not scored.

Saying that Rangers are a good side and were well ahead of us all over the pitch.

Edited by feej

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

ELLIS SIMMS!!That is one lazy,lazy *******!****ing disgrace….

Mm, is he your new target? Interesting use of word lazy though.

We need a lot of players. 

7 players defo leaving imo - Moore, Souttar, Cochrane, Haring, probably McEneff, Woodburn & Simms. All need to be replace,on top of that we  needed a bigger squad anyway so we're probably looking at 9 or 10 tbf. 

Leveins Battalion

We need attacking options,we need matchwinners and goalscorers.Shankland and Forrest would be a good start imo.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We need a lot of players. 

7 players defo leaving imo - Moore, Souttar, Cochrane, Haring, probably McEneff, Woodburn & Simms. All need to be replace,on top of that we  needed a bigger squad anyway so we're probably looking at 9 or 10 tbf. 

We do need a lot of players and sadly it will still not be enough to challenge for the title but I look forward to seeing a better team and squad than we had this season and that is a nice thought because we are not a bad side this season

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Mm, is he your new target? Interesting use of word lazy though.

Yes an interesting choice of adjective for sure 

Naively came on to this thread hoping it would make me feel better looking forward with some positive vibes …………….. sadly the posters stinking out the other threads with their negativity are doing it on here too

Any one got any good rumours or itk snippets  

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Yes an interesting choice of adjective for sure 

When you can’t be bothered to run 5 yards to press a centre back once in a match,that’s lazy.Understand now?

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

ELLIS SIMMS!!That is one lazy,lazy *******!****ing disgrace….

The same Ellis Simms who won every header first half and all the 40/60s?

He ran out of gas and they changed the system to nullify him - and the two support players stopped getting anywhere near him and then got a bed off. 

what is it about him that makes you jump to “lazy”?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

We do need a lot of players and sadly it will still not be enough to challenge for the title but I look forward to seeing a better team and squad than we had this season and that is a nice thought because we are not a bad side this season

It won't be good enough to challenge for the title, Rangers and Celtic are a level above but we can get closer and further away from the rest. Consolidating 3rd and challenging for cups is the best we'll do next season. 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

When you can’t be bothered to run 5 yards to press a centre back once in a match,that’s lazy.Understand now?

I understand that you are drunk and angry and it is making you want to cross wee lines because it makes you feel better …………….. you will probably regret it when you read it back tomorrow hope fully any way

7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Surely you can see that there were clear tactical instructions about how high the press was to be?

Or do you think all the forwards CBA pressing past EXACTLY 2/3 up the pitch? But were really keen to do so anywhere else?

They we’re all doing it. But just simms is lazy?

Edited by CMc

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It won't be good enough to challenge for the title, Rangers and Celtic are a level above but we can get closer and further away from the rest. Consolidating 3rd and challenging for cups is the best we'll do next season. 

But what about the mythical 'next level'? 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yes indeed the gap is gigantic unfortunately but I am really looking forward to next season because I firmly believe we will be a lot better than the pretty good side we are this season

Agentjambo
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Do you want us to stay stagnant?nothing mythical about wanting to improve.

and that is another on ignore ………… four in the short time I have been here I would recommend it others it really does improve the experience of this place

Any one got any wee snippets to cheer us all up a bit

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep.

It'll be Shankland up top next season whether they like it or not.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Do you want us to stay stagnant?nothing mythical about wanting to improve.

You can't stay stagnant, you become stagnant. If you don't think we have improved from last season, your more idiotic than I thought.

I'd better watch in case you call me lazy, or is that word just reserved for players like Simms?

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You can't stay stagnant, you become stagnant. If you don't think we have improved from last season, your more idiotic than I thought.

I'd better watch in case you call me lazy, or is that word just reserved for players like Simms?

Explain your “mythical next level”reply then?

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Explain your “mythical next level”reply then?

No

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Need better than Forrest and Shankland anyway. 

TBF, they’d have been useful subs today. 

Simms was knackered. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***