*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Dick Dastardly
13 minutes ago, stevie.nolan.5 said:

What’s more worrying is they are trying to palm off a post “on Facebook” when it’s clearly instagram 😂😂

Someone could have posted a screenshot om Facebook, i suppose but i think it normally has the Facebook banner across the top?! Not sure not used it for years

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet
20 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

As I said, I've only seen Woodburn on telly (same with Simms and Cochrane) and realise that that isn't the best vatage point to judge a player's overall contribution, but while I've seen plenty from Cochrane to suggest he has the ability to be a good player for us (just needs to be at his best more often), and Simms just keeps getting better, I haven't seen anything from Woodburn, even in flashes, to suggest there's a quality pleyer in there waiting to burst out. I know many say he's not had the opportunity in his best position, but all players play out of position from time to time, and few good players show as little as Woodburn has wherever they play. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong sometime in the near future, both for Hearts and the lad, himself.

Get what you’re saying, and I certainly agree he hasn’t shown anything to say he will live up the hype and potential he had when he first broke on the scene, but that doesn’t mean he won’t improve. I don’t think there’s a player that can say they aren’t a better player at 27 than they were at 17. Did they hit the heights that their potential at 17 suggested? Perhaps not. But I bet those players still say they’re better 10 years on.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Looks like a thank you and goodbye post....

Looks fake to me

fast_blood
41 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the post says it was on facebook not instagram

Yeah but it's a screenshot from Instagram 

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He is as he's a a safe player. 

Beni is a better midfielder, he's better in the tackle, more aware and faster in transition. 

Haring is good, but he's upgradeable as we've already proven. Devlin is also arguably better than Haring. 

Halliday ia also a 7/10 most weeks. 

In a midfielder, heading is the last attribute I look for. 

Awareness, vision, passing, dynamic, goals, creating are all way more important as is stamina and tackling. 

Benni is better in most, if not all these key areas. 

I'll be glad if Haring stays, like I was with Halliday, they add to the squad and are consistent and reliable. 

Haring can be upgraded tho. He's not that good. 

I anticipate a good performance from the man Tommorrow! 

Devlin isn't better than Haring, not in a million years. Haring has carried our midfield this season. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Devlin isn't better than Haring, not in a million years. Haring has carried our midfield this season. 

Amazing that any one can think other wise

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

People always think shiny and new equals better. Pete has been one of our best players this season. I think he's played about 40 games this year and he's been motm in 5 or 6 of those games. Yet we can do better apparently. Mental mate. 

Batistuta87

The Simms thing is as fake as they come. Its a very poor quality image and certainly not in keeping with the sort of things players post when they join/leave a club so I'm pretty confident its just some sad wee Hibee trying to cause a stir. Also why on earth would he post a goodbye message the day before the final lol. He's absolutely buzzing to play tomorrow and is away getting his hair cut for the occasion lol. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

People always think shiny and new equals better. Pete has been one of our best players this season. I think he's played about 40 games this year and he's been motm in 5 or 6 of those games. Yet we can do better apparently. Mental mate. 

I should say that I really like Devlin and I think he will go on to be a real player for us but he needs to work on a few parts of his game before that happens .................................. Pedro though just total class his passing is just exquisite and he is not only a goal threat but a pretty handy stand in defender too 

57 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Get what you’re saying, and I certainly agree he hasn’t shown anything to say he will live up the hype and potential he had when he first broke on the scene, but that doesn’t mean he won’t improve. I don’t think there’s a player that can say they aren’t a better player at 27 than they were at 17. Did they hit the heights that their potential at 17 suggested? Perhaps not. But I bet those players still say they’re better 10 years on.

Do you think that we should give one of our own academy players as many first team outings, and show as much patience, as we have done with Woodburn?

At what point should we give up with him?

8 minutes ago, RS86 said:

These things are so easily faked tbh. For instance...

FB_IMG_1653048268136.jpg.08beb693a565a4d89ad9056e073b99ba.jpg

:lol: 

Thats it, thats the tweet! 

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Taken from FB.

FB_IMG_1653048268136.jpg

Thats the feckin icon from the Sims PC game next to his name. 

August Landmesser
4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

A couple of the loan boys will go back to their clubs 🤔 hmmm

aye, meaning a couple will stay maybe...

Cochrane & Simms please!

6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

To be fair though that is the sort of thing our social media out put has done recently 

Gimme an H...
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That's what we used to announce him on the official Hearts Twitter...

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Gimme an H... said:

That's what we used to announce him on the official Hearts Twitter...

Yup. Plus why would he do this before the last match of the season, so for me thats why I think its faked. 

Though to be honest, even if he says thanks and bye doesn't mean he wont be hear next season. Chances are that if we were to keep him, no agreement would have been reached yet.

BackOfTheNet
26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you think that we should give one of our own academy players as many first team outings, and show as much patience, as we have done with Woodburn?

At what point should we give up with him?

Our academy players just aren’t good enough, to be honest. They have been loaned out to lower leagues and played decent. But not the best level.

would be good if sibbick was on loan we could send him back to his club

simms is only one we really need 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not a bizzare take. 

You have taken the conversation out of context and it's been twisted. 

Some folk have made or agreed with a statement along the lines that Haring is irreplaceable or cannot be improved on. 

Many posters pointed out that is not true as even as recently as this season we acquired a player that is better, Benni being cited as the example. 

Almost everyone is happy he is staying and have agreed he is good but to say he cannot be improved on is just wrong, and we will see future Hearts midfielders that are better than Haring. 

No one is saying bin Haring and it will be easy to get him replaced or there is no need to keep him, but to say we cannot upgrade on him as a definitive statement is just wrong. 

Nothing bizzare in saying we can get better than Haring ( or Simms for that matter). 

It is bizarre as theoretically we could sign Kante, it doesn’t mean it will happen nor is it likely to happen.

The viewpoint of the ‘grass is always greener’ from a lot of football fans is juvenile and narrow minded.

We’ve had multiple examples in the past that even with an increased budget for players and wages it’s not as simple as going out and getting ‘better players’.

A club like ours needs to invest wisely and having a proven spine of strong players is always going to be a sound investment. No one has ever said we shouldn’t be striving for better but you do that by adding to the squad instead of replacing known qualities within your team. 

If you believe what you posted in your reply why write other posts saying one liners like ‘Haring is replaceable’ without the context. All it is doing is trolling.

54 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Haring has carried the midfield since Beni and Devlin got injured.  Before that Beni and Devlin were the main men.  I have been happy watching all 3 this season and hope I will be doing same next season.  

Dick Dastardly
16 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

aye, meaning a couple will stay maybe...

Cochrane & Simms please!

That would make my loins twitch

BackOfTheNet
46 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We can do better though. We got him from the 2nd division in Austria when we were barely a Top 6 team. Now we’re a 3rd place team regularly in cup finals and have 8 guaranteed games in Europe. Our budget is also better than it was when we signed Haring. It’s not a slight on Haring to say we can get someone who is better than him. It’s not saying he’s crap, it’s not saying he’s average. It’s saying we have a brilliant player but in our current position we can attract a better calibre of player potentially. Will we though? Who knows, won’t be easy. But it’s not a remote possibility. And I’m saying this as someone who thinks he’s class and wants him to sign a new deal.

Hectormasson
10 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Correct, he's still a young man , but his performances haven't been too great,   think wel see best of him a few games into next season, hope he's up for it the morn , along with everywhere hearts player....

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Thing is we're taking about three players we've had time to look at, but will be high wages in our temrs, and two have shown that they might be worth what they might cost, while we've seen nothing to suggest we'd get any sort of return on the cost of the other. More importantly, while we've watched both Cochrane and Simms get better, Woodburn has looked to me more like he's regressed. I know he's been played out of his preferred position, but a good player will always show something, no matter what position he's playing, be it control, tackling, passing. or a moment of sheer class, but Woodburn, with only one or two (and not much more) exceptions, has almost looked like a fish out of water for most of the time.

And think about it, he can't be showing much at training and practice matches in his preferred position if he hasn't been given a chance, for, as good a season as we've had, nobody, in an attacking sense, has consistently shown themselves to be irreplaceable and not worth trying an alternative player in that position.

Anyway, it's good to be talking anout a player of Woodburn's early promise at a club like Liverpool as maybe not being good enough for Hearts👍

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Masonic said:

He hasn’t recovered from the error in the semi. Needs the summer to regroup and come back stronger. 

For now, we need to get behind him and not make snide comments or give him it tight on match days. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

He hasn’t recovered from the error in the semi. Needs the summer to regroup and come back stronger. 

For now, we need to get behind him and not make snide comments or give him it tight on match days. 

completely agree. I think he has had a tough time since coming, but would argue our defence has been all over the place since he arrived but its easier for fans to focus blame on him. But the summer can help him.

Also agree that fans need to get behind him.

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He actually recovered well for rest of that game after the mistake.  Was solid especially after Halkett went off injured.  

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We can do better though. We got him from the 2nd division in Austria when we were barely a Top 6 team. Now we’re a 3rd place team regularly in cup finals and have 8 guaranteed games in Europe. Our budget is also better than it was when we signed Haring. It’s not a slight on Haring to say we can get someone who is better than him. It’s not saying he’s crap, it’s not saying he’s average. It’s saying we have a brilliant player but in our current position we can attract a better calibre of player potentially. Will we though? Who knows, won’t be easy. But it’s not a remote possibility. And I’m saying this as someone who thinks he’s class and wants him to sign a new deal.

hes in the top 10 of our midfielders in the last 30 years.   So regardless of where he came from, how much he cost or the fact that banigimie Is arguably better. He won’t be easy to replace. 

Players like Peter Haring are not easily found.  Otherwise the league would be full of them.  It takes great scouting and a bit of luck.  A beni would cost someone £3/4m to take of our hands

Edited by kingantti1874

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I should say that I really like Devlin and I think he will go on to be a real player for us but he needs to work on a few parts of his game before that happens .................................. Pedro though just total class his passing is just exquisite and he is not only a goal threat but a pretty handy stand in defender too 

Indeed. Folk don't think about Pete's ability to defend corners, win aerial second balls in midfield, win the 1st ball from opposition goal kicks etc... Beni and Devlin cannae do that because they're wee guys. 

17 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Haring has carried the midfield since Beni and Devlin got injured.  Before that Beni and Devlin were the main men.  I have been happy watching all 3 this season and hope I will be doing same next season.  

Haring has had a better season than both of them. Beni started well then got a knock and wasn't quite the same. Beni will always have trouble with injuries imo. We need 3 first choice CM's.

As for Devlin, good player, could be great but he has a lot to learn. 

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No guarantees that we can. We would need to replace Haring's height and his consistency. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

hes in the top 10 of our midfielders in the last 30 years.   So regardless of where he came from, how much he cost or the fact that banigimie Is arguably better. He won’t be easy to replace. 

Players like Peter Haring are not easily found.  Otherwise the league would be full of them.  It takes great scouting and a bit of luck.  A beni would cost someone £3/4m to take of our hands

Spot on.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not what I meant, it's what I said. 

Folk just missing out sentences so it can be twisted. 

No idea why Tbh. 

Well, read your post again and consider the concept - ambiguity. In a subsequent statement you clarified the matter but doing that confirms your awareness of the need to do so. The stated link between the two sentences is not necessarily apparent at the outset. Those who take you to task after the clarification, however, are unfair.

In my opinion Haring, Devlin and Benni are all very different players with varying skill-sets each of whom has made a significant contribution to Hearts' successes this season. I hope to be watching them all extend those contributions into next season and beyond. In the shorter term the estimable Peter has a hugely important role to play tomorrow.

1 minute ago, sirwalter said:

Well, read your post again and consider the concept - ambiguity. In a subsequent statement you clarified the matter but doing that confirms your awareness of the need to do so. The stated link between the two sentences is not necessarily apparent at the outset. Those who take you to task after the clarification, however, are unfair.

In my opinion Haring, Devlin and Benni are all very different players with varying skill-sets each of whom has made a significant contribution to Hearts' successes this season. I hope to be watching them all extend those contributions into next season and beyond. In the shorter term the estimable Peter has a hugely important role to play tomorrow.

Excellent post

Agentjambo

I love how the lack of a good striker since Robbo makes Simms look like lewendowski to some posters on here…

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

I love how the lack of a good striker since Robbo makes Simms look like lewendowski to some posters on here…

Clearly the best forward in the league outside of Glasgow.  Don’t start with any nonsensical pish that he will be easy to replace 

Honestly think that Ben Woodburn is 90% hype and 10% delivery. From what I can see he has only every started 1 league game for Liverpool and got subbed at half time. In other cup games he was in the same starting line up as Connor Randall for comparison and Connor Randall started 2 league games or Liverpool compared to Woodburn's single appearance. That is the amount of "Liverpool" he brings. The amount of football you have seen him play for Hearts this season nearly matches the sum total of 1st team football he has played in 6 full seasons since his debut. Looks to me like what we have seen is as good as it gets for Woodburn.

Jim Panzee
33 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

likewise I've been happy to see all three feature. 

My hope with the increase in funds and Savage that we bring in players slightly better (and ongoing over the next few years)

Agentjambo
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Clearly the best forward in the league outside of Glasgow.  Don’t start with any nonsensical pish that he will be easy to replace 

There is a whole world outside of the British isles where other strikers play….

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Amazing that isn’t it, a whole network of players who even the most experienced of kickbackers trawling transfer markt will never have heard of……

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think no one is saying he is easy to replace. Though I think Agentjambo is putting down Simms ability a bit, the crucial thing is that we have got a big influx of money, now while we are not going to spend all of that at once, we will be able to push the boat out for players who were always out of our pay bracket before this. So its mad to think we could not replace Simms with someone better. Thats not to say I dont want Simms next season...

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

aware.  And a whole lot of clubs looking for good centre forwards as effective as ellis

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

To be fair, our midfield was outstanding earlier on in the season with Beni and Devlin. Haring wasn't really at it and there was chat on here that he was finished. 

Peter Haring is a key player for us and one I hope signs a new long term deal. 

Beni is excellent, Haring is class and so is Devlin. 

BackOfTheNet
39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m not for one second saying players like Haring are dime a dozen, I’m just saying that we are as a club capable of finding better. Not that it will be easy, but it can be done with our resources. And our ability to attract players to us at this time should increase our chances. Take Kamara at Rangers for example, anyone with eyes could see he was a player at Dundee. We should have been able to get him from Arsenal, and once he moved to Dundee too. But we didn’t. We could have - but didn’t. So I’m not suggesting we will get better than Haring, simply saying we definitely can, and wouldn’t have to break the bank to do it. (Even though he is indeed an excellent player)

35 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No guarantees that we can. We would need to replace Haring's height and his consistency. 

No guarantees in anything when it comes to football. And certainly no guarantees when it comes to whether or not we will get a player as good or better than Haring in the next window or beyond. But could we? Again, no guarantees but I would suggest more points to that we could than couldn’t. (Wether we will or won’t is an entirely different question and a lot more variable)

Edited by BackOfTheNet

22 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

To be fair, our midfield was outstanding earlier on in the season with Beni and Devlin. Haring wasn't really at it and there was chat on here that he was finished. 

Peter Haring is a key player for us and one I hope signs a new long term deal. 

Beni is excellent, Haring is class and so is Devlin. 

I am a big fan of Devlin and I think he brings something to the team that no other player does but he needs to refine it and improve other parts of his game ........................... I do not even think he and Beni are too similar like some supporters like to say i do not really see it at all but all three bring some thing different to the team and what Haring brings the other two do not

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

It's two sentences that followed each other in reply to  a specific post about us  not being able to upgrade him. 

It's as clear as day what I said. It's only ambiguous if one discounts the first sentence completely. 

That's on the audience Tbh. 

I agree completely the last part and imo Haring plays some of his best football in the big games and at Hampden. 

24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not for one second saying players like Haring are dime a dozen, I’m just saying that we are as a club capable of finding better. Not that it will be easy, but it can be done with our resources. And our ability to attract players to us at this time should increase our chances. Take Kamara at Rangers for example, anyone with eyes could see he was a player at Dundee. We should have been able to get him from Arsenal, and once he moved to Dundee too. But we didn’t. We could have - but didn’t. So I’m not suggesting we will get better than Haring, simply saying we definitely can, and wouldn’t have to break the bank to do it. (Even though he is indeed an excellent player)

No guarantees in anything when it comes to football. And certainly no guarantees when it comes to whether or not we will get a player as good or better than Haring in the next window or beyond. But could we? Again, no guarantees but I would suggest more points to that we could than couldn’t. (Wether we will or won’t is an entirely different question and a lot more variable)

Haring is guaranteed to be good in 90% in the games he plays. We could spend a fortune on a player who simply doesn’t take to Scottish football.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Haring is guaranteed to be good in 90% in the games he plays. We could spend a fortune on a player who simply doesn’t take to Scottish football.

Of course, but there are players that could who we can get in for free like the aforementioned Kamara did at Dundee (or eventually £50k to Rangers) or Djoum who we got for free who can play really well in this league.

No one is saying get rid of Haring (especially me, I want him on a 3 year deal), but whether it’s him being injured, sold or leaving of his own volition at the end of his contract it would be a big blow, but not an insurmountable task to replace him. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Lois Damour. 😞

Haring is quality and barring that period when he came back after injury he’s been an absolute rock for us in midfield. No doubt has his limitations but a solid winner of the ball that can pick passes in his sleep. For me it’s his consistency. Similar to Mickey Smith you’re getting a 7/10 minimum every week. We don’t need players that blow hot and cold every week. 

Very lucky to have him and will be tough to replace if the rumours about a new contract are nonsense. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, RobboM said:

Honestly think that Ben Woodburn is 90% hype and 10% delivery. From what I can see he has only every started 1 league game for Liverpool and got subbed at half time. In other cup games he was in the same starting line up as Connor Randall for comparison and Connor Randall started 2 league games or Liverpool compared to Woodburn's single appearance. That is the amount of "Liverpool" he brings. The amount of football you have seen him play for Hearts this season nearly matches the sum total of 1st team football he has played in 6 full seasons since his debut. Looks to me like what we have seen is as good as it gets for Woodburn.

Kind of describes what I see in him, but a bit more harshly than I'd have put it. Kind of reminds me of Harry Cochrane a bit, from zero to hero in one game then sliding back towards zero. Totally different character wise, I think, but careers appear to be on a similar path, though I think Woodburn is the more likely to recover somewhat.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***