*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

****ed if I'm reading through 91 pages for context on recent posts... Anyone care to summarise for me?

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Whelan was still playing at a high level and Naismith too all though I suspect you are just doing a wee Rangers troll again so I can not be bothered repeatedly pointing the obvious out to you over the next half an hour or what ever

Naismith was injury prone when he came in and he also done a very good job for 2 years.  Giving him another contract was the mistake.  Whelan was completely finished though and was kicking about trying to be match fit to play for Ireland.  Davis was very good yesterday and could easily do a job on wages that St Mirren look to be offering.  We just gave Halliday a new contract and he wouldn't get near any rangers team, let alone their Scottish Cup final first 11. 

Not sure why you think there's any trolling at all.  Squads are made of all shapes and sizes, I even said although I don't agree I can see where you are coming from.  Lets just leave it at that, I doubt it will happen anyway. 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

****ed if I'm reading through 91 pages for context on recent posts... Anyone care to summarise for me?

Forest and Shankland heavily linked yesterday.  Some Steve Davis chat but nothing seems to be on the table, St Mirren look to be front of the que with that one. 

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Hampden and the whole experience is appalling for a National stadium in this day and age. Look at wales and Ireland for national stadiums for nations of a similar size.

it is unacceptable to have to spend 35 minutes to walk to a ground having to book a car parking space on someone’s drive, or wait 35 minutes to get an over crowded train from the city centre, to then arrive at the ground to be greeted by bored police, outside an overgrown I’ll-laid out bus park, were drivers (attempting to park) actually hit people, to then be mis-directed through a housing estate, to a needless que because there are not enough turnstiles.

Then go to your seat and have to stand for the entire match regardless of age or physical capability, because the first 15 rows can’t see the pitch if they don’t stand.

you arrive, hear your team name miss-prounonced, with no pre-match entertainment, and mentioned second, though you are the home team, sitting at the end of the ground known as the Celtic end.

you then watch the game through binoculars because the gradient of the stand is sh1t and too far from the pitch to know what is happening at the other end.

at halftime you que for 20 minutes for a p1ss, being abused by the police.

at the end of the match it takes you 3 hours to get home. A journey that should take only 90 minutes max.

but hey hampden has history likesy 

Go on the interactive website. They couldn’t even arsed to do a 3D tour on a sunny day or around the full extent of the ground.

glasgow. Bitter their not the capital so Scottish football suffers with a sh1t stadium, corrupt referees and an organisation that exists for the benefit of two clubs.

it’s appalling and shouldn’t be accepted, but as a nation on such matters we are so insular and backward.

nuts

Add ;

Going for a pint and finding that they don't sell beer to plebs in the stadium.

going for a p15h and finding that the soap dispensers are empty.

finding your seat eventually, because the signing is crap, and having to clean the pigeon 5h1t and dust off it before you can sit down.

having to get up several times for folk who have gone to the wrong area because they don't understand the seating system either. 

Otherwise enjoy the Hampden experience, because it's all you're worth you Pleb.

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Forest and Shankland heavily linked yesterday.  Some Steve Davis chat but nothing seems to be on the table, St Mirren look to be front of the que with that one. 

😂😂 91 pages = 3 players, 2 of which aren't better than we have already and 1 who is too old. Cheers 👍

Edited by WDJ87

29 minutes ago, iainmac said:

According to Strachan, it's "genetics".

Aye, but was hoping someone who knew something about it would offer a more informed opinion than that wee gobshite. 

heatonjambo
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Add ;

Going for a pint and finding that they don't sell beer to plebs in the stadium.

going for a p15h and finding that the soap dispensers are empty.

finding your seat eventually, because the signing is crap, and having to clean the pigeon 5h1t and dust off it before you can sit down.

having to get up several times for folk who have gone to the wrong area because they don't understand the seating system either. 

Otherwise enjoy the Hampden experience, because it's all you're worth you Pleb.

👏

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We area squad in development and that can take two or three years. I think Shankland would improve us and Forest would be an improvement on McAneff, although I love his attitude he's probably not a player who can take his game to the level we want to be at. He would easily get a regular game at most other clubs in Scotland.

BackOfTheNet

Davis? No. We can’t go from talking about a major reason we lost yesterday was players not being fit enough and then talk about a 38 year old coming in. He’s not going to get the time and space he does at Rangers anywhere else.

RustyRightPeg
57 minutes ago, dustybin said:

That normally doesn't put us off though does it. 

Previous regime no. He’d be given 4 years minimum. 

jamboinglasgow
27 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Fingers crossed we hear of some pre-contract signings this week to try and perk the supporters up!

Someone last week heavily hinted that would be the case this week. With all the leagues effectively over, now is the time to announce  anyone. Though wouldn't put it past us to hold off till a player has actually ended their previous contract.

I do think (based on no inside knowledge) that by the end of the week we will know if Haring is staying or going.

RustyRightPeg
36 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

😂😂 91 pages = 3 players, 2 of which aren't better than we have already and 1 who is too old. Cheers 👍

Ken. Murder that Mbappe chose to resign with PSG. Thought he’d be a shoe in.

King prawn

Don't like the idea of Davis coming - wouldn't be as bad as Whelan but I thought those days were behind us.

jamboinglasgow
58 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Last two transfer windows demonstrated how closely Joe Savage and his team kept everything close to their chest. There is part of me that even doubts that Forrest and Shankland are the first choice targets for us as they are so well publicised (so Savage is happy for their names to be going around as it defects the press from the main targets.)

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Last two transfer windows demonstrated how closely Joe Savage and his team kept everything close to their chest. There is part of me that even doubts that Forrest and Shankland are the first choice targets for us as they are so well publicised (so Savage is happy for their names to be going around as it defects the press from the main targets.)

Yeah, this - or they’ve signed already. 

Would we have any chance of landing Ross Stewart from Sunderland? Rangers supposedly somewhat interested in him but according to transfermrkt well within our budget.

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

A proven winner and International captain?  Everyone in the squad would instantly look up to him and his professionalism, especially when we are going to have so many games next year. 

FFS he's nearly as old as Gordon.

Rick Sanchez
9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Would we have any chance of landing Ross Stewart from Sunderland? Rangers supposedly somewhat interested in him but according to transfermrkt well within our budget.

Zero chance.

heartsfc_fan
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

They've just been promoted to the championship. No chance.

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, CMc said:

Yeah, this - or they’ve signed already. 

good point, it could be that.

Bazzas right boot

If Rangers are shedding some players Jack is one I would go for, like Rogic has plenty to offer despite being a bit older.

Likely out of our reach tho and Jack seems to be still in their plans, although that could change over the summer.

Folk need to stop thinking we won't sign any older players or that all older players will end up like Whelan as well.

Takes all kind of players,  currently our best player is also the oldest.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

weegie jambo

Neither Forrest or Shankland fill me with much excitement. I hope Joe has got some brilliant left field signings up his sleeve. How about some Scandinavians or the Japanese player mentioned earlier.

37 minutes ago, Sertse said:

They’ve just been promoted and he’s scored a lot of goals last season so no chance right now. If he doesn’t make the step up, always worth giving it a try in January or next summer though. 

Edited by OTT

28 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Don’t think even rangers would have a chance with him in the English championship now

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If Rangers are shedding some players Jack is one I would go for, like Rogic has plenty to offer despite being a bit older.

Likely out of our reach tho and Jack seems to be still in their plans, although that could change over the summer.

Folk need to stop thinking we won't sign any older players or that all older players will end up like Whelan as well.

Ryan Jack 🤣🤣

A_A wehatethehibs

One thing you can’t argue with Davis is, European experience. That is definitely something we are lacking. Think Craig Gordon is the only player at the club who’s played in Europe? 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

One thing you can’t argue with Davis is, European experience. That is definitely something we are lacking. Think Craig Gordon is the only player at the club who’s played in Europe? 

So does Kirk Broadfoot. That’s not enough on its own. There will be plenty of players that have played around Europe in the Europa and Conference League last season that may be available and of a decent age, if we’re just looking at European experience.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So does Kirk Broadfoot. That’s not enough on its own. There will be plenty of players that have played around Europe in the Europa and Conference League last season that may be available and of a decent age, if we’re just looking at European experience.

Please don’t compare Kirk Broadfoot with Steven Davis on any front, they are chalk and cheese in terms of quality. 

On paper Davis wound be super signing but in reality he’d 38, and we don’t control games like Rangers do so he’d likely get over run. 

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Please don’t compare Kirk Broadfoot with Steven Davis on any front, they are chalk and cheese in terms of quality. 

On paper Davis wound be super signing but in reality he’d 38, and we don’t control games like Rangers do so he’d likely get over run. 

I agree and I’m not saying we should sign Davis in particular but having a sprinkling of experienced winners may help the team grow and help its mentality. 

8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Michael Oneil looking at Halkett. 

Source? Not seeing anything on the stoke forums.

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Was just using a name to show European experience itself is not enough. And what you say about Davis is exactly what I said about him earlier in this thread. Which is why we should not be looking at him.

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Source? Not seeing anything on the stoke forums.

More on their forums about O’Neil getting punted 

Tin hat on. If we want European experience, what about Bitton. Released from Celtic and unlike Davis is only 30. If Haring leaves and a deal can be done… cover at CB too. 

Edited by OTT

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

£5million of GTFO 

Or a swap with Harry Souttar...

BackOfTheNet
Just now, OTT said:

Tin hat on. If we want European experience, what about Biton. Released from Celtic and unlike Davis is only 30. If Haring leaves and a deal can be done… cover at CB too. 

To be honest, although I understand the importance of experience in Europe, we will still have a budget for wages and players at the old firm over the age of 30 would need a HUGE wage cut to come to us. So it’s really a moot argument.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Tin hat on. If we want European experience, what about Biton. Released from Celtic and unlike Davis is only 30. If Haring leaves and a deal can be done… cover at CB too. 

no tin hat required.  Would be a good signings. 

more likely to be away down south I’d guess

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

To be honest, although I understand the importance of experience in Europe, we will still have a budget for wages and players at the old firm over the age of 30 would need a HUGE wage cut to come to us. So it’s really a moot argument.

Youre probably right, although, Eli Dasa is on a free too. Go for them both and see if they like the idea of playing together. Might be a unique selling point 😅

My feeling is that Bitton has played for the biggest club he’s likely to play for in his career. He may be comfortable in Scotland and not keen to up root his family for a bunch of 1 year deals.  

A_A wehatethehibs
35 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not only has he got European experience but he’s a better midfielder than Peter Haring as well, more pace than Haring at 37 as shown yesterday

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yep would take Jack in a heartbeat, I think they will hold onto him though, that's the standard of player that we should be looking at though, we also need players to improve the quality of our squad, we need guys who can come off that bench and make an impact and change and win games for us, that was the difference yesterday Rangers brought on Jack and Wright and they both scored and won them the game, we brought on Gino and GMS who contributed nothing, it's difficult when we don't have nearly as much money as the OF, I totally get that but surely there are players, who are top players and at smaller clubs who would jump at the chance to come to us even if it is as a squad player to challenge for a first team spot, especially with our European games next season, guys like Charles Cook, Ronan etc would be good additions imo.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not only has he got European experience but he’s a better midfielder than Peter Haring as well, more pace than Haring at 37 as shown yesterday

He never showed any pace yesterday. He didn’t have to. Most of the work was done on the wings, Davis was there to receive and pass it on, which he done to very good effect. But he’s allowed to do that in the Scottish league at a club like Rangers who have all the possession. He would not be given that time with us. If you had the same starting line ups and tactics yesterday and swapped Haring and Davis, Davis would have had a crap game. His wages, his ridiculous age for an outfield player and his abilities in a team with the tactics we’ll need to adopt mean there’s not a chance we should sign him, never mind even if we could.

Naisys Tackle
28 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Or a swap with Harry Souttar...

Harry was kicking about Spain in his orange Rangers top last week, 

50 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

More on their forums about O’Neil getting punted 

Exactly ,don't think He has set the heather on fire ,poor season , could do a job at Hearts .😎

Batistuta87
47 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

On the bbc website? Got a link? 

Load of pish. Not a word anywhere on this. 

Dick Dastardly
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Load of pish. Not a word anywhere on this. 

I know. Its worse than the rumour i tried to start the other day.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***