*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Which part?  Finish against Hibs wasn’t an easy one but hard to find fault with the rest of that. 

So he hasn't done anything else apart from score 2 easy goals and 2 penalties? You're agreeing with that? I wouldn't agree with that in the slightest. I've actually been surprised by his work rate, his defending, his overall contribution. The player i was expecting was a poacher, a very good one, who wouldn't contribute much more. I suppose my mind was changed after i actually watched him play. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

2 hoors left 😩

Wow! things are worse than I thought, we can't even score in a brothel now :smile:

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nope, we needed to register 4 home grown players trained at Hearts for 3 years and 8 home grown players as part of the 25. We can still play youngsters under the age of 21 who are home grown and not registered in the 25. Them the rules! 

No, the rules are we have to register as you say - but it we don’t - the squad size reduces by the number we’re short on. So if we can only register 2 of 4, our squad size goes from 25 to 23.

18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We have strength and depth. 

We've got 3 GK's (Gordon, Stewart, Stone), 2 RB's (Atkinson, Smith), 5 CB's (Halkett, Rowles, Kingsley, Neilson, Sibbick), 2 LB's (Cochrane, Halliday), 6 CM's (Beni, Devlin, Haring, Kio, Grant, C.Smith), 4 AM's (McKay, Forrest, Gino, GMS), 4 ST's (Shanks, Boyce, Humphry, Hendo) 

That's 26 players! 

Ahhh .... Sanity? Is that you?

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Place is a mess, I'm stepping on Lego and slipping on roller skates all over the gaff!

Imagine if they don’t get frosties for breakfast! This place will explode 

31 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Cochrane for Cochrane!

Forrest and Grant are definite upgrades on Woodburn and McEneff for me. Rowles looks like a great signing, plus, being injured already, it could be argued he's the perfect replacement for souttar.

I always said Shankland wasn't a great player, but he is a goal scorer. It's fair enough to say he's not as good as Simms though, he just fitted like a glove up here.

The squad is definitely better. 

The first half against Zurich was not all that long ago. We absolutely bossed a European tie against experienced and far more expensively by assembled opposition. Yes, we didn’t score in that first half, but we played better than we did at any point during the previous season. 

we are way ahead of where we were this time last season. Worth remembering we only borrowed Simms, Cochrane, Woodburn and Moore last year. 

Our history usually shows our successful teams in modern history getting broken up and poached by the old firm (when they used to exist). Having a team as successful as last year where the majority renew and double down for the next challenge is rare for us. 

In the last few months, we resigned Halkett, Kingsley, McKay, permanently signed Cochrane and extended Haring. We added two quality young centre halves, another centre midfielder for a transfer fee unheard of since the Vlad days, added a mobile, technical number 8 and added an outright finisher of a number 9. We have just added another forward to cover for Boyce. we might not be done. 

The 2012 cup team disintegrated quickly. The 2006 team was broken up for parts. Anytime anyone used to score in Glasgow they were spirited away like magic to rot in a weenie dugout. We couldn’t even keep the kids who reversed our demotion together. 

Kingsley, Halkett, Rowles, Neilson, Cochrane, Keo, McKay, Forrest, Shankland, Humphry signed up in the last few months. Just Souttar lost. 

That’s way better than what normally happens to our successful teams. 

Edited by CMc

Well that was one more signing than I thought, now let's see what the free agent market brings up in the next few days. Still need another attacker and a centre half.

hearts 4 the cup
2 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Business done for the night with the exception of a free agent according to banderson. Hugely disappointed but not really surprising outcome. Our recruitment really is anywhere near the level we should been aiming for. 

This isn’t a pop and is a genuine question - what should we be aiming for in your opinion? 

Jambo in Bathgate
Just now, jambo1975 said:

Business done for the night with the exception of a free agent according to banderson. Hugely disappointed but not really surprising outcome. Our recruitment really is anywhere near the level we should been aiming for. 

There might be more than one free agent. Makes negotiations easier if the players former club is taken out of the equation. They leave with contract paid up then get signing on fee. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Isn’t that exactly what Shankland, Forest, Rowles and Grant have done? And we haven’t seen the two latest signings at all yet.  

No.  Shankland should be a decent signing but a downgrade on Simms (I actually can’t believe anyone would argue on that one), likewise Rowles looks a good signing but again a downgrade on Soutar.  Very early days and limited game time for Grant but looks like an upgrade on McEneff and jury still out on Forrest, not as talented as Woodburn but will probably be more effective. 

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Never once have I said we should be going for players that are not good enough. What I have been saying is we've known our position for three months. Other teams our level have signed good players.

Other than maybe Aberdeen who? 

6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No I’m a bit confused as to why we made it public that we needed 3 or 4 then got 1. Free agents could be lined up for the morning though so I’m fairly relaxed.

Suspensions are over bud you can take that off your negativity list. 

Wasn’t aimed at you, BOTN has been having a tantrum for about 6 hours straight. 

Yeah no worries. I think people are genuinely concerned, and think we've missed the boat here. As always, we will find out soon. 

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Cade said:

Brought in this window:

Kye Rowes (centre back)
Alex Cochrane (left back)
Lewis Neilson (right back)

Alan Forrest (left midfield)

Jorge Grant (central midfield)
Orestis Kiomourtzoglou (central midfield)
Lawrence Shankland (striker)
Stephen Humphries (striker)

Almost all of them have gone straight into the first 11.

Hearts haven't signed 11 players in the last 6 hours of the window and this has upset some people.

Bizarre.

Perspective has been rare on this ludicrous thread. Thanks for that.

Can't help but think this is really poor in the light of the injuries since Zurich away. The Euro window shuts in less than 24 hours and potentially we go into it weaker than the Zurich game.

If Rowles and Boyce were fit, and Halkett didn't have a niggly hamstring then fair enough, but.......

4 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Daz’s head just exploded I’m hearing 

He took the gamble and is left looking daft as usual 

August Landmesser
Just now, Jambos1983 said:

Total shambles

Yep, you guys had McKirdy and let him slip through your six fingered hands

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Why are people on about Ramirez? Doubt we're after another out and out striker and it looks like he's stuck at Aberdeen.

Because it was reported in the press we were interested. 

4 minutes ago, Masonic said:

joke if true about being finished for tonight

Why? We've picked up some decent players before on frees. Especially ones that look to go elsewhere but get no offers.. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's said he's agreed terms but either hibs or Swindon moved the goalposts on the fee. He's still at hibs ready to sign apparently.

Basically the owners wee laddie thought he’d signed but before he’d actually signed he got rid of Doige to Killie, Swindon thought hang on so they’ve no strikers and upped the fee knowing Hibs would have to pay it to replace Doige… Ron’s wee boy shit his pants and phoned Daddy….

Seems some people want signings for the sake of signings . We do need additional coverage, but they need to be right. The fact we only signed one player would suggest the club feel the options available were not good enough or over priced 

1 minute ago, Hansel said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we've had a couple of OOC players earmarked to bring in after the window.

I would, no reason to not have them signed already if OOC, or if we are waiting for them to be dumped by their clubs tonight then our suspicions of penny pinching is true.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Because it was reported in the press we were interested. 

Then it was reported we'd made no contact, Aberdeen didn't want to give him to a rival and we signed a striker.

missed opportunity. we needed a striker before boyce got injured, feel like we have not been aggressive enough this window especially last 3-4 weeks. 

still need in my view

a striker 

a no10

winger

RCB

and a better sub goalie!!

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

So he hasn't done anything else apart from score 2 easy goals and 2 penalties? You're agreeing with that? I wouldn't agree with that in the slightest. I've actually been surprised by his work rate, his defending, his overall contribution. The player i was expecting was a poacher, a very good one, who wouldn't contribute much more. I suppose my mind was changed after i actually watched him play. 

Did you watch him play last night?  Offered the square root of **** all last night.  The kind of game that was screaming out for Simms for something different to ruffle up their big defenders. 

Holyrood_Hearts

People will moan & complain & over react to this but it is what it is. 

If we can’t get the players in now I don’t want us overpaying or buying for the sake of it. 

Well difficult to know what to make of this to be honest. 

I believe the players we have brought in are good signings. However, injuries plus certain  players disappointing immensely so far this season has left it very much a “meh” transfer window. 

It is certainly a missed opportunity to kick us on above the rest outside the OF. 

When you think we lost Simms and Souttar and did not do enough to sign quality in those areas I am somewhat puzzled and surprised. 

Anyway it is what it is. Players and Robbie need to step up now. Let’s start by binning the 3 at the back please. 

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Basically the owners wee laddie thought he’d signed but before he’d actually signed he got rid of Doige to Killie, Swindon thought hang on so they’ve no strikers and upped the fee knowing Hibs would have to pay it to replace Doige… Ron’s wee boy shit his pants and phoned Daddy….

According to this everything was agreed, photos taken, wages agreed, but hibs tried to restructure the transfer fee to be paid in installments today.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2022/09/01/a-smokescreen-mckirdy-transfer-collapses/

Edited by Smithee

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Did you watch him play last night?  Offered the square root of **** all last night.  The kind of game that was screaming out for Simms for something different to ruffle up their big defenders. 

Simms being a loanee from Everton now playing for Sunderland on big wedge?

Honestly did you think before posting?

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So you're basing your assessment of him on last night? Not the other games he has played? 👍🏻 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Simms being a loanee from Everton now playing for Sunderland on big wedge?

Honestly did you think before posting?

Did you?  Completely missed the point but bash on.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***