*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

10 minutes ago, jamboj said:

You've had a shocker there. Shankland has shown a lot more quality than just being a poacher. He's a physically strong forward who brings a lot to the play 

He's even popped up with defensive headers.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

3FE5FC45-EA63-4EE1-A054-4E8471CF757C.png

Go on Fraser lad. Joe & Co on the nightshift. We all woke up first thing they’ve just woken up now

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He didn’t say a name, all he said was young Leeds forward and a number of us assumed Sam Greenwood or Joe Geldhart. The latter is well established now. 

Summerville signed a new deal in the summer.

All first team members 

1 minute ago, ecky92 said:

Every single Wigan fan commenting saying there gutted he’s away. 

must be a player in him. 

On the face of it Humphrys and Kiomourtzoglou look like the strength we lack. As I said earlier, there were times in the last few games we were roughed up a bit. Time to give some back and create a bit of room for the flair players. 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Close the gap with who ?

You surely don't mean Celtic and Rangers  😂

Sorry, you replying to me or Joe Savage who said the same thing?

21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Or if Gordon gets injured we’re ****ed. Or if Kingsley and Halkett are out, we could lose to the like of Kilmarnock at home, then we’d be really ****ed!

You're being a bit over dramatic. 

If we lost our whole team to injury we'd be ****ed but we can't sign another 18 players to cater for every scenario. 

We played Stewart v Celtic... Never put a foot wrong. The boys fine. 

We've got Halkett, Rowles, Kingsley, Neilson and Sibbick at CB. Neilson and Sibbick need to learn and they will get better with games.

Our midfield is ridiculously strong. 

The only area we are really lacking is RW/CF. 

I think we've done alright. We should be more than good enough for third place. 

We can also still sign free agents. Ok, they won't play in Europe but we're not going to win it anyway. 

Next season we'll improve again. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Edited by Cruyff

On 19/08/2022 at 12:13, dazajmbo said:

Haven't heard any more or know if he is elsewhere or staying put but did see someone mention Greenwood. 

We did make an enquiry for a loan a while back.  I mentioned that at the beginning of this thread somewhere  without naming him. 

here we go. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Everton - Stupid Ill considered spending on over priced over hyped trash

A lot of other clubs - Sensible controlled and properly researched spending growing sustainably. It’s possible but you go ahead and use probably the worst possible example in England of a club spending money vs it’s success 

Hibs and Aberdeen spent a fortune and ended up bottom six. Loads of examples throughout the world of football.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

22 players of the quality that means if we swap one out we do not get weaker ?

Sorry but that is never happening on our budget level …………… best we can do is a first choice fifteen with a few that can play a couple of positions

Has to be the target. Then becomes a balance. Might take a good few windows. 15 won't do it though with such a taxing schedule. These games take a lot of recovery 

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ah, it’s alright lads. We’ve all been getting ahead of ourselves, we aren’t meant to be signing players until summer 2023. That’s when we really will close the gap and compete… just you wait!

You really shouldn't say that. You'll be called a pant wetter, and a roaster.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Att: Moderators 

Can any of you do a pie chart to actual credible news on players, folk talking shite, hobos in disguise  & heed the bawz losing the plot. 

Much appreciated. 

Aussie Jambo

I do admire the posters that post ‘imminent’ or ‘todays the day’ or ‘2 in for discussions’ hoping they nail a coincidence and can be called ITK!

Think this thread has shown there is no such thing but I’d agree, a chart of the regular nonsense posters would be good. Especially ahead of January 

16 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Anybody able to confirm how much of our millions of European money we have received?

I have an inkling it begins with a 0.  

Perhaps we should ask for it to be paid in advance.

We’ve had the cash from 1 sell out home game and a fair chunk of the cash from the ticket sales for next 3 home games too. Probably some TV cash too. We also don’t pay wages up front but monthly over the course of a contract. 

Just pointing out for balance. 👍

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He did caveat it by saying people might think I'm mad tbf.

In all seriousness we are mile behind those 2 squad wise atm, especially Celtic.

They are on a different planet financially, even more so nowadays. 

9 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

there's been some good recruitment earlier in the window, but it's not improved things, replaced things yes. 

How I see it, Rowles for Souttar, Shankland for Simms, Forrest for Woodburn and Grant for McEneff. 

We haven't taken a step forward is the reality.

Cochrane for Cochrane!

Forrest and Grant are definite upgrades on Woodburn and McEneff for me. Rowles looks like a great signing, plus, being injured already, it could be argued he's the perfect replacement for souttar.

I always said Shankland wasn't a great player, but he is a goal scorer. It's fair enough to say he's not as good as Simms though, he just fitted like a glove up here.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I for one don’t want to hear anymore of that shite from Joe Savage, or Robbie Neilson who aligned himself with it. We’re not closing the gap. It’s getting bigger and that’s not reversing any time soon. Massive loss of credibility from the two of them if our window is done and this is where we’re at.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

If we lost our whole team to injury we'd be ****ed but we can't sign another 18 players to cater for every scenario. 

We've got Halkett, Rowles, Kingsley, Neilson and Sibbick at CB. Neilson and Sibbick need to learn and they will get better with games.

We can also still sign free agents. Ok, they won't play in Europe but we're not going to win it anyway. 

Next season we'll improve again. Rone wasn't built in a day. 

Agree to an extent but surely a top team was in the situation that we are in would sign a cb with the amount of injuries we have in the current situation. (Even a loan move) 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Next season we'll improve again. Rone wasn't built in a day. 

I wasn’t being over dramatic. Facetious, if anything. Flippant, if you will.

But it’s about strength in depth and numbers to enable us proper rotation during a congested fixture list. A player out for three weeks doesn’t just miss 3 games anymore, they miss 6. That’s just reality, not pearl clutching (not that you’re saying that, you understand)

As for 3rd? What a lot of people are failing to consider is last season the teams below us all took points off one another. Dundee United and Motherwell have already dropped off, and Aberdeen and Livingston are looking more consistent. 3rd is not a given, they’ve closed the gap on us. While we have not really raised our levels. We should have enough to finish 3rd, but it’s in no way a sure thing as it was last year.

14 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Except you need 2 for each position and we are far from fully fit

No, you can’t find someone who is as good as McKay or Gordon  who is willing to sit on the bench every week waiting for their 5/10 minutes at the end of every game.  Just doesn’t work that way. 

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Don’t pish on my parade man 😂 

Haha only joking mate, one of these wannabe ITKers might come up trumps. 

Just now, Viper said:

Agree to an extent but surely a top team was in the situation that we are in would sign a cb with the amount of injuries we have in the current situation. (Even a loan move) 

Did Bournemouth not offer us a CB on loan? England u21?

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

This is a first.

Hearts buy players on “Chuckie”

🤣🤣🤣🤣

You do realise that a lot of transfer fees are not paid up front?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Cochrane for Cochrane!

Forrest and Grant are definite upgrades on Woodburn and McEneff for me. Rowles looks like a great signing, plus, being injured already, it could be argued he's the perfect replacement for souttar.

I always said Shankland wasn't a great player, but he is a goal scorer. It's fair enough to say he's not as good as Simms though, he just fitted like a glove up here.

I think that's fair. To replace Simms it was always a case of signing a very good youngster on loan or two strikers to replace him. Shanks is a poacher, he'll score goals but we needed to replace Simm's power and pace. Unfortunately we haven't as of yet. 

The good news.  None of our better players lured away.

The bad news.  Yet another spate of serous injuries to our better players.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

You do realise that a lot of transfer fees are not paid up front?

Spot on

Our last one in fact

August Landmesser
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Next season we'll improve again. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

This post is far too measured and sensible.

I hate it. Give me seethe and froth, or give me death!

Just now, merrymac said:

Did Bournemouth not offer us a CB on loan? England u21?

Yes and i can’t believe we haven’t took it, i know they would have preferred an experienced cb but if thats all their is we have to take it

Good point above. 

Kio and Humphrey’s give us what we very apparently lacked in games so far. Physicality and pace. 

Well the scouting reports both claim they are strong and fast. 

Just now, Viper said:

Yes and i can’t believe we haven’t took it, i know they would have preferred an experienced cb but if thats all their is we have to take it

You would have thought so, given Neilson has been brilliant so far

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He did caveat it by saying people might think I'm mad tbf.

In all seriousness we are mile behind those 2 squad wise atm, especially Celtic.

They are on a different planet financially, even more so nowadays. 

Closing the gap doesn’t mean overtake them though, does it? It means that instead of finishing 30 points behind them we halve that. That would be closing the gap, even if we can’t compete in the 8 games we play them. But we’re not looking like we’ve got the squad to close the gap, particularly since those behind us have improved and look like they’ll take more points off us. They’re closing the gap on us, while ours with the OF if anything could increase.

Just now, hearts00 said:

Good point above. 

Kio and Humphrey’s give us what we very apparently lacked in games so far. Physicality and pace. 

Well the scouting reports both claim they are strong and fast. 

Maybe we have taken it and he’s signing. The papers have not reported anything factual on us at all today.

Brought in this window:

Kye Rowes (centre back)
Alex Cochrane (left back)
Lewis Neilson (right back)

Alan Forrest (left midfield)

Jorge Grant (central midfield)
Orestis Kiomourtzoglou (central midfield)
Lawrence Shankland (striker)
Stephen Humphries (striker)

Almost all of them have gone straight into the first 11.

Hearts haven't signed 11 players in the last 6 hours of the window and this has upset some people.

Bizarre.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***