• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I await the Twitter message from a journalist far far away with baited breath. I can only thank our dear lord, JKB does not make signings

RustyRightPeg
27 minutes ago, Rods said:

I would hope we are looking at people like Brophy at St Mirren or Anderson at Livi.

Both could do a job from the bench.

I like Anderson.

Seems to have been the affected party on the Nouble form front. Scored double figures in league last year IIRC.

Do I think he’s Hearts quality, I’m not sure. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He does like to attack tho. 

He has scored a whole lot of own goals though. Falls out with his captains all the time too. No thanks.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I like Anderson.

Seems to have been the affected party on the Nouble form front. Scored double figures in league last year IIRC.

Do I think he’s Hearts quality, I’m not sure. 

He wasn't Aberdeen quality but then they set Shankland on the road to glory by releasing him 🤷‍♂️

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He wasn't Aberdeen quality but then they set Shankland on the road to glory by releasing him 🤷‍♂️

That was a thought in my head if I’m honest. 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I await the Twitter message from a journalist far far away with baited breath. I can only thank our dear lord, JKB does not make signings

fingers crossed.

If we are on the normal period of journalist says we are bidding/have accepted and the player signing which is 2 days. Then we need that today for Thursday. But I think a lot will happen last minute so the two period is less likely.

I think now that we're covering for Boyce, I wouldn't be against us signing someone over 30. On that basis, here's a few who are without clubs, to give an idea of what's out there: 

Alfred Finnbogason (33): Icelandic Striker, 6'2, goal record is about 1 in 2 in some decent European leagues including La Liga and Bundesliga. 

Lukas Teodorczyk (31): Polish, 6'2 has been at Southampton, Udinese, Charleroi, Anderlecht... 

Andy Carroll (33): Said more than enough about him 🤣 - would be delighted to get him in the door. 

Daniel Sturridge (32): Has left Perth Glory but is a bit of a weird guy I think with some ego, and don't know how he'd fit in here. 

(AGAIN, not suggesting they will be targets. Just a bit of fun). 

Edited by Batistuta87

Ainsley Harriott
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think now that we're covering for Boyce, I wouldn't be against us signing someone over 30. On that basis, here's a few who are without clubs: 

Alfred Finnbogason (33): Icelandic Striker, 6'2, goal record is about 1 in 2 in some decent European leagues including La Liga and Bundesliga. 

Lukas Teodorczyk (31): Polish, 6'2 has been at Southampton, Udinese, Charleroi, Anderlecht... 

Andy Carroll (33): Said more than enough about him 🤣 - would be delighted to get him in the door. 

Daniel Sturridge (32): Has left Perth Glory but is a bit of a weird guy I think with some ego, and don't know how he'd fit in here. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

mickycameron98

Rowles will be back after the international break then. So only missing 6 games although we will miss him (especially in the 2 European games) it's not disastrous. Plus we might have Halkett back soon.

Boyce, I get that he links up well and would rather have him available but he's not irreplaceable like some folk on here seem to think. You're not telling me we can't go out and get a striker or no 10 in who can't contribute as much or more than Boyce has done since the start of the year. A decent enough striker comes in then I don't think anyone will be counting the days down before Boyce is back.

1 hour ago, Borders Jambo said:

Tin hat on but Tony Watt anyone.

Offer them Gary MS and a small amount of cash.

Hard worker, some skill and was playing well with Motherwell before his current move. Plus unfinished business with us?

Tin hat? You’ll need full body armour and an underground bunker with suggestions like that. 

Smith&Weston

Just as well we upgraded our scouting system going by the recommendations on this forum.  I’d suggest:

RCB (permanent)

U23 Striker (Loan)

Attacking Midfielder/Winger

We will be getting offered players left, right and centre at the moment so will be taking our time to make sure we get the right quality in.  

The club are well aware we have issues in certain areas and 1-2 more injuries away from a disaster.

SomethingAboutObua
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

A Hibs fan I'm afraid 

1 minute ago, mickycameron98 said:

Rowles will be back after the international break then. So only missing 6 games although we will miss him (especially in the 2 European games) it's not disastrous. Plus we might have Halkett back soon.

Boyce, I get that he links up well and would rather have him available but he's not irreplaceable like some folk on here seem to think. You're not telling me we can't go out and get a striker or no 10 in who can't contribute as much or more than Boyce has done since the start of the year. A decent enough striker comes in then I don't think anyone will be counting the days down before Boyce is back.

Kingsley back for tomorrow and halkett at the weekend STV news 

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Snodgrass's only real strength was swinging in a good cross or corner kick, he never had much pace even ten years ago. I think he is well over the hill now and the fast pace of our attacks would pass him buy. Nouble looks slow as well mind you!

According to , quite a few pundits, Nouble has pace

mickycameron98
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Kingsley back for tomorrow and halkett at the weekend STV news 

Halkett will not be making his come back on a plastic pitch.

Rangers getting rid of a Polish full back they paid £500k for in January, they also bought Bacuna for £2m last season and already emptied him, never mind the money they spunked on Ramsay.

Savage expected to pull gems out the bag with a tiny fraction of the money they arseholes have.

Ronald Villiers

Hard worker, some skill and was playing well with Motherwell before his current move. Plus unfinished business with us?

There's no doubting his talent but his workmate and attitude are shocking.  Dundee United fans don't rate him.

6 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

A Hibs fan I'm afraid 

So he is haha had absolutely no idea he'd even been near Scotland. 

17 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aye very good. Queue the same 3-4 posters posting nonsense about these lists even though I've said about two dozen times that its all a bit of fun and just a list of players who are free. 

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wa that what it was. Remember it vaguely 👍

It wasn’t quite like that 

He was keen on us - his family member who is here in Edinburgh was a huge Jambo but simply we made a half arsed effort in trying to get him whilst Hibs made his feel wanted and did the whole ‘Welcome to Edinburgh’ thing. 

Rather stick with GMS. Watt is lazy and obviously has an attitude problem. The Arabs are welcome to him.

7 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

There's no doubting his talent but his workmate and attitude are shocking.  Dundee United fans don't rate him.

who's his workmate  ?  

:greggy:

Ronald Villiers
2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

who's his workmate  ?  

:greggy:

🤣  don't know if that was predictive text or my sausage fingers.

5 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

This Livingston striker will be similar to big Nando.  Can surely do better than him.

Close call! Think he's a wee bit better than Gnando. Not much mind you, but think he's a bit more composed and can at least kick a ball in the direction he intends to. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye very good. Queue the same 3-4 posters posting nonsense about these lists even though I've said about two dozen times that its all a bit of fun and just a list of players who are free. 

Sonny was at it again for Leeds 21s, mind you the goalkeeper for Forest, not sure he has career in amateurs let alone pro football

4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Sonny was at it again for Leeds 21s, mind you the goalkeeper for Forest, not sure he has career in amateurs let alone pro football

Was it Joel Perreira? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Was it Joel Perreira? 

Might have been his little brother, honestly Pereira looks like the 2nd coming of Yashin to this lad, must have been nerves

Hammerofthehibs
2 hours ago, droid said:

Snodgrass would now be a good short term replacement for Boyce imo.

Unless they can find more strikers he could see us through the European ties

RustyRightPeg

I’d take Snodgrass for a year. Goes completely against our recruitment model but circumstances dictate. 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’d take Snodgrass for a year. Goes completely against our recruitment model but circumstances dictate. 

No thanks, See hibs signing McGeady.

There's a multitude of players we could choose from without taking the broken down carthorses looking for one last pay off.

If you have ever watched one of the numerous interviews with Savage.  In pretty much every one of them he say his phone is going off constantly about players looking for moves.

There will be tons of players looking/willing to come to Hearts.  We just need to let him get on with his job and make sure we bring quality players in.  No point panicking and paying players that won't be good enough.  We done that for decades now.

There will be loads of quality players available right up until the end of the window.  It's one of Savage's jobs to filter through them and get the players we need.   The scouting team seem to be doing a great job just now, so I have full trust that they know exactly what we need and are now looking for a replacement for Boyce as a top priority.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

If you have ever watched one of the numerous interviews with Savage.  In pretty much every one of them he say his phone is going off constantly about players looking for moves.

There will be tons of players looking/willing to come to Hearts.  We just need to let him get on with his job and make sure we bring quality players in.  No point panicking and paying players that won't be good enough.  We done that for decades now.

There will be loads of quality players available right up until the end of the window.  It's one of Savage's jobs to filter through them and get the players we need.   The scouting team seem to be doing a great job just now, so I have full trust that they know exactly what we need and are now looking for a replacement for Boyce as a top priority.

Agree some deals done right at the end of the window and this looks like being the same. No point bringing in someone for the sake of it. The latest signing was our number one target according to Robbie and took a while to get over the line. Suspect we are in discussions constantly at the moment with agents and players.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Precisely. Its being in a position the next 50 hours to press the button(s) on the deal that fits us best without paying maximum coin

4 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Jamie Borthwick reports at least two in before the transfer deadline.

Need closer to 5 I reckon. 

Centre back, strikers x2, a Boyce replacement and then another winger / 10.

I’d be worried if we don’t get at least 4 in. 

46 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Kingsley should be in squad tomorrow & Halkett hopefully for the weekend according to Jamie Borthwick on Twitter

Given the current injury crisis I would expect 4.  A striker the standard of Simms, and we were needing one already with a fit Boyce.

6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I’d start to be worried cause as much as your right there is no danger we are bringing in 4 or 5 players in the next two days, no chance 

Hope I’m wrong 

9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surely the Boyce replacement is one of the 2 strikers? 

1 minute ago, theshed said:

I’d start to be worried cause as much as your right there is no danger we are bringing in 4 or 5 players in the next two days, no chance 

Hope I’m wrong 

Now is the time the Recruitment Team will show us all the contingencies and foresight they have in place to ably cover the previous and more recent recruitment necessities......... hopefully, because that's what they're here for 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think now that we're covering for Boyce, I wouldn't be against us signing someone over 30. On that basis, here's a few who are without clubs, to give an idea of what's out there: 

(AGAIN, not suggesting they will be targets. Just a bit of fun). 

Tuned to the ****ing moon!

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***