• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

JB away 

Great move for him. If he keeps clear of injury he'll have a decent career.

Rick Sanchez

Been asking for Walker and Brandon to be released. No disrespect.

Very excited about our summer window.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

JB away 

Best of luck to him.

Could be a good move, just hope he stays injury free as he deserves that after so many bad injuries. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Gary Naysmith got his chance cos Neil Pointon was injured or suspended (was it not after the Ibrox 4 actually?).  

It was, the Andy Thorne league cup quarter final

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I didnt think Moore would stay. No great loss. He looked decent at times but had too many mistakes in him. Lack of consistent game time wouldn't of help but just don't think he was good enough.

That is how I view Moore. When he first joined had some good games and looked decent, then went through a poor spell when he was called upon. However seemed to have steadied the ship and put in better performances more recently but still had that mistake or stupidity in him. 

I could have understood if we tried to keep him but feel there is better out there that will not cost much of any more

11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

JB away 

Hopefully he manages to keep injury free and gives it a good go at a decent career. Not the required level for us but should be good for someone like livi

12 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Very good move for him. Fair play

Really good move, did not expect him to go to a prem club.

I wish him the best of luck. 

Saint Jambo
12 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

JB away 

A very good move for him. Surprised he managed to find a club at Premiership level to be honest. Maybe a sign of the low wages on offer at Livi and worth a gamble from their perspective. If he can stay free if injuries, potentially a decent signing for them.

Best of luck to him, but also a good move from our perspective.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It was, the Andy Thorne league cup quarter final

Yip and it always strikes me that this is how most young lads actually get their chance.  Yeah you get guys who are very very obvious talents, who a manager will hang their hat on at the start of a seasonm but even then, not often with zero or single figure appearances.  In truth, lads need to wait for the door to crack and bash through it.  That can't happen while they're on loan at Brechin (or frankly while playing for a B team in lowland leagues, unless we have it confirmed they can still be eligible for 1st team)

Dick Dastardly
Just now, milky_26 said:

That is how I view Moore. When he first joined had some good games and looked decent, then went through a poor spell when he was called upon. However seemed to have steadied the ship and put in better performances more recently but still had that mistake or stupidity in him. 

I could have understood if we tried to keep him but feel there is better out there that will not cost much of any more

Hopefully he manages to keep injury free and gives it a good go at a decent career. Not the required level for us but should be good for someone like livi

I don't think Moore was happy with his lack of game time, going by an earlier interview. Definitely not a bad thing but maybe he didn't fit in as well as the other fringe players in that respect. If we had reserve football of some sorts he might have been more consistent and forced his way in. If he was 21/22 i would have liked to have kept him as backup but i don't think we will miss him too much. 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Yip and it always strikes me that this is how most young lads actually get their chance.  Yeah you get guys who are very very obvious talents, who a manager will hang their hat on at the start of a seasonm but even then, not often with zero or single figure appearances.  In truth, lads need to wait for the door to crack and bash through it.  That can't happen while they're on loan at Brechin (or frankly while playing for a B team in lowland leagues, unless we have it confirmed they can still be eligible for 1st team)

I think this would need to be the case for us. And to allow 1st team players to play there as well. We definitely need someway to get/keep the fringe players up to speed as well as help players get back from injuries 

5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So that will be Souttar, Damour, Walker and Brandon away. With possibly Haring not staying. 

whats the situation with mihai popescu?

think he is another who will be away.

This could be a really exciting window and im sure we will aim for quality. Europe should see us secure a higher standard of player.

Edited by Alan_R

24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So what should we have done with the likes of Stone bearing in mind the number of points CG has won for us?  Should we perhaps have put in this inexperienced young lad and lost the points Craig won, let him sit on the bench and get splinters in his arse or put him out on loan and gain experience/game time.

Ford Prentice
43 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

JB away 

Pleased for him and this also reflects well on Hearts. I think it's been clear for a long time that he was unlikely to have a long term future here but we extended his contract when he was injured and then extended it again and put him out on loan to help put him in the shop window. Sign of a good employer and as in any walk of life people want to work for good employers.

Anyway, by all accounts he did very well at Morton and I hope his injury problems are behind him and he makes a good career.

4 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

This could be a really exciting window and im sure we will aim for quality. Europe should see us secure a higher standard of player.

More chance of me with my arthritic hip getting a new contract than Popescu

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

He is out of contract in the summer. The others out of contract with no confirmation on their future are Peter Haring, Chris Hamilton, Sean Docherty, Jay Charleston-King, Ryan Schiavone, Connor Smith, Harris Spratt and Murray Thomas.

Not sure how much to read into this but following Lee Wallaces best mate on Instagram and he put a story up with Lee with the quote "welcome home🇱🇻" might just be because he has come up the road but the flag made me feel its about hearts

johnking123
1 minute ago, gov said:

Not sure how much to read into this but following Lee Wallaces best mate on Instagram and he put a story up with Lee with the quote "welcome home🇱🇻" might just be because he has come up the road but the flag made me feel its about hearts

😄

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Jamie Brandon signs for Livingston ***
upgotheheads
12 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Pleased for him and this also reflects well on Hearts. I think it's been clear for a long time that he was unlikely to have a long term future here but we extended his contract when he was injured and then extended it again and put him out on loan to help put him in the shop window. Sign of a good employer and as in any walk of life people want to work for good employers.

Anyway, by all accounts he did very well at Morton and I hope his injury problems are behind him and he makes a good career.

I agree, and also thought he was a decent player. It shows our strength at the moment that a player who would be good enough for every club in Scotland outside of the arse cheeks, is also not good enough for our ambitions, even as a squad player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him progress either if he can get a couple of injury free seasons behind him.

2 minutes ago, gov said:

Provided he hasn't slowed down too much I don't think he would be the worst (squad) signing we could make and he would (I think) count as home bred.

Berra than you
Just now, JamboAl said:

Provided he hasn't slowed down too much I don't think he would be the worst (squad) signing we could make and he would (I think) count as home bred.

Would tick the homegrown box and the flexibility of being able to play left in a back three or lb. His age concerns me slightly if he were to sign.

On 10/05/2022 at 21:43, KyleLafferty said:

So that will be Souttar, Damour, Walker and Brandon away. With possibly Haring not staying. 

I think Haring will be a huge loss if he goes.

Fort Vallance

Good move for all concerned. He's got a chance of playing regularly, Livi have got a decent player and we've freed up a wage. Good luck Jamie.

10 minutes ago, gov said:

We have cover at LB from Cochrane, Kingsley and Halliday. If we don’t keep Cochrane, I could see Halliday stepping in there as would assure him a place in the team. He also pairs well with Kingsley. Suppose we’d maybe need another, but at 34, I’m not sure it’s a deal worth doing. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

We have cover at LB from Cochrane, Kingsley and Halliday. If we don’t keep Cochrane, I could see Halliday stepping in there as would assure him a place in the team. He also pairs well with Kingsley. Suppose we’d maybe need another, but at 34, I’m not sure it’s a deal worth doing. 

we will need a big squad with some players happy to come in and out.  

Jambo 4 Ever
27 minutes ago, gov said:

Who? 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Lee Wallace could be good as a squad option depending how much he has left in the tank as we're a bit light down that side, ticks the homegrown box for europe as well. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a deal with a view to going into coaching. Regardless, having experienced players like this is important when the majority of the rest of the signings will be young up and comers, good to have that mix in the dressing room.

24 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Would tick the homegrown box and the flexibility of being able to play left in a back three or lb. His age concerns me slightly if he were to sign.

34 not too bad. Mulgrew hasn't had a bad season for example.

2 year deal. Someone who knows the club and ticks alot of boxes. Plus he's actually been playing so not like he's washed up

I'm sure alot of our signings will be younger so a bit experience that's already well connected with guys at the club doesn't seem like the worst idea

john thomas
28 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I agree, and also thought he was a decent player. It shows our strength at the moment that a player who would be good enough for every club in Scotland outside of the arse cheeks, is also not good enough for our ambitions, even as a squad player. I wouldn't be surprised to see him progress either if he can get a couple of injury free seasons behind him.

Main flaw in his game , imo , was being impetuous .

Not unusual in a young defender 

Think he'll do well

The White Cockade

Would be very surprised if Lee Wallace is on our radar 

Was pretty slow 10 years ago so not really going to be quick enough now

Need to be looking forward not backward 

Pans Jambo
Just now, The White Cockade said:

Would be very surprised if Lee Wallace is on our radar 

Was pretty slow 10 years ago so not really going to be quick enough now

Need to be looking forward not backward 

This.

Lee Wallace is NOT the level we need or should be entertaining. We need better!

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we will need a big squad with some players happy to come in and out.  

True. 34 though 😬

Might be lazy, but if Robbie thinks he can add value I’m behind it 😂 I could see how an older player could step in for 15-20 games (inc subs). 

31 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

His age is obviously a concern but if he still has a bit of pace in him, he would, as you say, tick the homegrown box.

53 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So what should we have done with the likes of Stone bearing in mind the number of points CG has won for us?  Should we perhaps have put in this inexperienced young lad and lost the points Craig won, let him sit on the bench and get splinters in his arse or put him out on loan and gain experience/game time.

A goalkeeper is quite a specific example, Al.  Def makes more sense to have him gain time until such time as he's genuinely ready to fight for a place.

Every single player will have a different development path.  The issue is we're being forced to put them all on one path, really.  That side of things is not Hearts fault.  In fact, we seem to be the ones trying to fix it Scotland-wide and only reverting to our own B team cos SPFL don't seem to care.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

JB away 

Aw Livingston, cracking move for him.  Really chuffed to see this.  Hope he gets a really good injury free run at things.  Never less than his very best for us every time he played and before his most recent injury, was looking like he was tying it all together too.

Despite some of the usual gomerals on here putting him down, he had a lot to give and was simply unlucky.

Nice wee post that from Hearts too, feels quite personal, he's obv well thought of.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

A goalkeeper is quite a specific example, Al.  Def makes more sense to have him gain time until such time as he's genuinely ready to fight for a place.

Every single player will have a different development path.  The issue is we're being forced to put them all on one path, really.  That side of things is not Hearts fault.  In fact, we seem to be the ones trying to fix it Scotland-wide and only reverting to our own B team cos SPFL don't seem to care.

We have been in the hunt for 3rd place nearly all season and with the money that flows from this it would have been risky to introduce young players.  If say, we were hovering around mid table with little chance of Europe or relegation, it would certainly have been worth using a youth player or two.  We might even have gambled this season with half a dozen games to go if it were not for the cup final.

Unfortunately we can't have everything

TyphoonJambo

Good luck Jamie. A decent move for him.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We have been in the hunt for 3rd place nearly all season and with the money that flows from this it would have been risky to introduce young players.  If say, we were hovering around mid table with little chance of Europe or relegation, it would certainly have been worth using a youth player or two.  We might even have gambled this season with half a dozen games to go if it were not for the cup final.

Unfortunately we can't have everything

Not sure if you're misreading me mate, I haven't been advocating throwing a bunch of kids in or saying Hearts have failed by not doing so.

I'm saying that - especially while we're doing well, the best chance a kid will get is when we're having a spell of injuries, suspensions etc (or perhaps even when cruising in a game or two I guess).  That type of opportunity isn't open at present as we simply HAVE to send guys out on loan.  That will make sense for a high number of kids to get experience but there will be the odd ones who are kind of just about nearly maybe almost ready, it's those boys who may have got 5 or 6 appearances this season, plus a bunch of reserve level football.

BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

So then we pad it out with youth. Hopefully "senior" youth if that makes sense; who would be useful in an amergency. Seems we need eight in total - four of whom need to be home grown by Hearts. That's Gordon and three young guys - basically take your pick from Henderson, Smith, Brandon, Pollock, McGill, Logan, Stone, Denholm, Flatman, Kirk etc etc - all of whom are still under contract for next season. We're more than covered 👍🏻

Covered, yes. Good enough? No. For instance do we stunt McGill’s development by not sending him out on loan again so we can keep him around for a Euro squad filler? Do we keep Henderson for the same reason, but that in itself means we don’t sign a new forward as Henderson can’t just be expected to be used in Euro games needed and that’s it? These are the tough calls and restrictions we face. A better youth set up before now would have meant this was no issue. But I expect other non-OF clubs will have the same issue, particularly if OF clubs and clubs down south keep on poaching the best ones. I also think it’s why Savage is keen to have a B team, so that players like Henderson and McGill can play competitive football in the wings.

Good luck to the lad. Hope he stays injury free. Think he's last to leave the club that was in in the 4-0 victory against Celtic. 

SuperAustin
1 minute ago, Lido said:

Good luck to the lad. Hope he stays injury free. Think he's last to leave the club that was in in the 4-0 victory against Celtic. 

Micheal Smith played that day 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Lido said:

Michael Smith played centre back that day

6 minutes ago, Lido said:

Brandon and Randall were the full backs that day with Michael Smith in central defence

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

Micheal Smith played that day 

Craig Gordon too :peepwall:

Tasavallan

A big discussion by Mags supporters on where Elliot Anderson should go next season.  Many say he should go to a Championship club.

This boy has a future, it would be brilliant if Savage can work wonders.

May be an image of one or more people, outdoors and crowdupdate

Edited by Tasavallan
update pic

Bob Loblaw

Good luck to Brandon, Morton fans really liked him and playing regularly will be huge for him.

Seen some idiot saying "good riddance" to him on twitter, as if he's done anything wrong other than not quite be good enough. People are odd.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***