*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think it’s clear here that the agent has intervened in this, given that Dundee Utd and maybe others now are in for him too. If he seriously wants to play Hearts against Dundee Utd or any other SPFL club on behalf of his client, feck him and feck his client. He’s just not worth haggling over. Sign or GTF

; - ) calm doon Jimmy : - )

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think it’s clear here that the agent has intervened in this, given that Dundee Utd are in for him too. If he seriously wants to play Hearts against Dundee Utd on behalf of his client, feck him and feck his client. He’s just not worth haggling over. Sign or GTF

Either that or somebody else has become available to us that we didnt think we would get a couple of weeks ago and it is US that has stalled this not him.

Anyway, as usual, if something is repeated often enough the papers about our signings I tend to think it wont happen (unless it is already done by the time it is reported)

Dick Dastardly
50 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Must be some ****ing talent - in the U21s as a 2 year old.

Haha i was exaggerating a touch

Phil D. Corners
2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I quite like our attitude on Forrest, and tbf Savage said he'd approach it like this. We've made you an offer, if you want to play for us accept it or we'll happily move on. Surprised Forrest hasn't snapped our hand off though, can't see him having better career options than us available to him.

I like it, but I don’t like how it goes through the press. 

No idea who leaked the news as it’s normally kept very quite. 

Batistuta87
18 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yup. The laddie would start ahead of Gino and GMS quite easily IMO. Plus Europe. If he can’t see what a great opportunity for his career this is, I don’t know what to say 😂

Wonder who his agent is? 

He's represented by PLG, who are owned by Tyler Alexander-Arnold. 

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

If it was in the press it must’ve been close. Going by last year BAnderson doesn’t get intel unless something is genuine. 

In fairness, it looks as though the reasons Savage gave for keeping his recruitment hush hush are right. The second it was leaked we wanted him, there was murmurs his agent was shopping him about. That’s what he said he always fears as other clubs can come in and offer more or whatever the reasons are. 

Rogue Daddy
23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think it’s clear here that the agent has intervened in this, given that Dundee Utd and maybe others now are in for him too. If he seriously wants to play Hearts against Dundee Utd or any other SPFL club on behalf of his client, feck him and feck his client. He’s just not worth haggling over. Sign or GTF

Exactly. Dangerous game to play when we can offer European football... granted, UTD may be able to offer this in a week but who is more likely going forward? 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Agree with this but Cameron had won the league cup v Celtic and did well against Bayern Munich at Rovers before he arrived he was a banker if ever there was one

Well use Paul Hartley he done nothing really before joining us 

Rogue Daddy
15 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I think Martindale pretty much came out and said that it was us (without actually naming us).

Bob Loblaw
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

I think Martindale pretty much came out and said that it was us (without actually naming us).

Yeah said something about going to a bigger club, with a great stadium and great facilities. Given the teams in for him it suggests it was us.

John Findlay
29 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yup. The laddie would start ahead of Gino and GMS quite easily IMO. Plus Europe. If he can’t see what a great opportunity for his career this is, I don’t know what to say 😂

Wonder who his agent is? 

Maybe the same as his older brother James?

3 hours ago, Wilson said:

I watched RCC at the recent game at Tynecastle. There is no way he is remotely good enough. 

Just an off day with County unusually being containing /defensive.

RustyRightPeg

Mentioned earlier on, but Dom Ball is a player who interests me. Out of contract 

He was on Talk Sport today as he had just written a book about the trials and tribulations of being in a football academy set up. 

He is ex Rangers and Aberdeen and spoke openly about how he loved playing up here.  

On the contrary he also spoke about how he fell out of love with football while playing for Aberdeen.  He felt isolated and usually just went home after training, not going out much (I wouldn’t go out in Aberdeen either tbh). We are a more welcoming club and we appear to have a great bunch of guys as well as players so I’m sure he’d fit in. 

Back on point, he’s been at QPR, playing 85 times under Warburton in a reasonably successful team over 3 years. He’s progressed as a player and if we are losing Haring he’s a ready made replacement IMO. 6 foot 2, and gets about the pitch well, could also slot into centre back if needed. 26 years old and a pretty good injury history. No brainier if you ask me. 

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Mentioned earlier on, but Dom Ball is a player who interests me. Out of contract 

He was on Talk Sport today as he had just written a book about the trials and tribulations of being in a football academy set up. 

He is ex Rangers and Aberdeen and spoke openly about how he loved playing up here.  

On the contrary he also spoke about how he fell out of love with football while playing for Aberdeen.  He felt isolated and usually just went home after training, not going out much (I wouldn’t go out in Aberdeen either tbh). We are a more welcoming club and we appear to have a great bunch of guys as well as players so I’m sure he’d fit in. 

Back on point, he’s been at QPR, playing 85 times under Warburton in a reasonably successful team over 3 years. He’s progressed as a player and if we are losing Haring he’s a ready made replacement IMO. 6 foot 2, and gets about the pitch well, could also slot into centre back if needed. 26 years old and a pretty good injury history. No brainier if you ask me. 

Not for me, always a liability to get himself sent off. Not a bad player but he is a big dirty *******. 

Batistuta87
12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

A right sided Andy Halliday positionally speaking (DM, CM, RWB) with a bit of centre back thrown in. Definitely an interesting one, and looks like he would be a decent addition. Nice find. 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not for me, always a liability to get himself sent off. Not a bad player but he is a big dirty *******. 

No reds, 5 yellows this season. 

Seen much worse.

I'd 100% keep Gino. He's a counter attacking player and his pace is a great option to have in Europe where we will have to play more or the counter.

Rick Sanchez

The only negative I can see with today's news is that we weren't pursuing Ronan first. 

Or were we and it's turned out to be a goer?

I doubt we'll find out :laugh:

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd 100% keep Gino. He's a counter attacking player and his pace is a great option to have in Europe where we will have to play more or the counter.

Needs a final product to go with the pace or it’s useless.

Ccjambo1874

The plus side to take from this with Savage sticking to his guns is that it sets a standard other agents and players will perhaps be aware of in future dealings. 

I'm not in any way saying we are an elitist club who deserve X y and z and every player should meet our demands when it comes to signing. There will always be to and fro and if it's not a good enough deal in the first instance then both parties go there separate ways. But it sets a good standard for future dealings where players and agents will be aware that if we've put a decent or good offer out for them which is possibly over the line then they'd perhaps know not to see if the grass is greener elsewhere and get greedy as we will just tell them to bolt. 

Edited by Ccjambo1874

RustyRightPeg
21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

A right sided Andy Halliday positionally speaking (DM, CM, RWB) with a bit of centre back thrown in. Definitely an interesting one, and looks like he would be a decent addition. Nice find. 

He could also speak nicely to Mr James Dunne, I’m sure he would put a nice word in. 

He confirmed on talk sport he wasn’t being offered a new contract so it’s a starter if we get in quick I’d say. 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

:rofl:

Reekin.

You think? I also thought he was terrible at tynecastle 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

More money as well it seems 

Looks like his agent is hoping Hearts up their offer which is understandable  

If he wants to come it will prob get done in the next few days as he'll be on to his agent saying get it done regardless .

If not he's prob happy to chase the pounds which isn't really the type of player we are interested in. Like the way Savage is handling this , hopefully it's a sign of things to come. We push the boat out to get the real quality while sitting tight with the promising squad fillers.

25 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Till he starts using that pace to beat players, I don’t think he offers enough. Pace could be so dangerous if he would use it. 

1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Wonder if jimmy nae neck told him you canny go to them go to hubz sheep or utd or prob his agent trying to bump up price with utd sheep and hibs interested. The 3 american fuds.

I said this about a month ago and was shouted down. I was then told talking rubbish and gordon Forrest was his dad. Don’t think so!

44 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He has scored a few goals so he does have a final product 

Regards Forrest it's more likely we're not offering as much as DUFC due to the fact he would be a squad player at Hearts,up at Tannadice he's maybe bring offered more and more likely to play each week 

Just now, rory78 said:

Regards Forrest it's more likely we're not offering him as much as DUFC due to the fact he would be a squad player at Hearts,up at Tannadice he's maybe bring offered more and more likely to play each week 

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Jack Hendry.🤔

26 appearances this season and contracted till 2025. Woyld probably cost a fair bit 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

26 appearances this season and contracted till 2025. Woyld probably cost a fair bit 

Been bombed out by the new coach.

53 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

29 minutes ago, OTT said:

Till he starts using that pace to beat players, I don’t think he offers enough. Pace could be so dangerous if he would use it. 

His pace gets us up the park and forces teams deeper. 

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Has been completely frozen out by the new boss and was absolutely slating him in the press recently. Sounds like it's all gone a bit sour and wouldn't surprise me if he left in the summer. But aye, probably still worth a few quid. EFL Championship bound would be my guess. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Has been completely frozen out by the new boss and was absolutely slating him in the press recently. Sounds like it's all gone a bit sour and wouldn't surprise me if he left in the summer. 

On loan maybe?

Batistuta87
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

On loan maybe?

I'd go for that aye. He'd be a superb signing for a team like us. 

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Been bombed out by the new coach.

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Has been completely frozen out by the new boss and was absolutely slating him in the press recently. Sounds like it's all gone a bit sour and wouldn't surprise me if he left in the summer. But aye, probably still worth a few quid. EFL Championship bound would be my guess. 

Didn't realise that!  I was just reading about it now. He's been very vocal about it which seems a bit arrogant. Good player and would be a great signing for us but in one article he is quoted as saying he went there to play champions league football and win the league. Europa league might not be that tempting for him

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Didn't realise that!  I was just reading about it now. He's been very vocal about it which seems a bit arrogant. Good player and would be a great signing for us but in one article he is quoted as saying he went there to play champions league football and win the league. Europa league might not be that tempting for him

Never thought I'd live to see the day where Jack Hendry can demand champions league football :laugh:

He's transformed himself from shite, into a a good player, that's all. They'll be wanting more than he's worth, just like what they paid for him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

The plus side to take from this with Savage sticking to his guns is that it sets a standard other agents and players will perhaps be aware of in future dealings. 

I'm not in any way saying we are an elitist club who deserve X y and z and every player should meet our demands when it comes to signing. There will always be to and fro and if it's not a good enough deal in the first instance then both parties go there separate ways. But it sets a good standard for future dealings where players and agents will be aware that if we've put a decent or good offer out for them which is possibly over the line then they'd perhaps know not to see if the grass is greener elsewhere and get greedy as we will just tell them to bolt. 

Absolutely agreed.

It may mean we lose out on players we think we want but if they have that approach we don’t want them no matter their talent- likely disruptive eventually 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He knows what Hearts are like as a club so he’d be smart to consider us IMO.

We’re the best route into the national set up outside the old firm and neither of them will take him.

stevie1874
1 hour ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

I’m assuming we’ll be looking for an answer from Haring pretty soon ? Really hope we can get him signed up  any 2 from 3 quality midfielders in Devlin. Haring & Baningime 👍

51 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Looks like his agent is hoping Hearts up their offer which is understandable  

If he wants to come it will prob get done in the next few days as he'll be on to his agent saying get it done regardless .

If not he's prob happy to chase the pounds which isn't really the type of player we are interested in. Like the way Savage is handling this , hopefully it's a sign of things to come. We push the boat out to get the real quality while sitting tight with the promising squad fillers.

Yes, offered him what we think he is worth.  It’s up to him now. 

25 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Regards Forrest it's more likely we're not offering as much as DUFC due to the fact he would be a squad player at Hearts,up at Tannadice he's maybe bring offered more and more likely to play each week 

That’s exactly the situation I believe.  

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I’m assuming we’ll be looking for an answer from Haring pretty soon ? Really hope we can get him signed up  any 2 from 3 quality midfielders in Devlin. Haring & Baningime 👍

Lot of pressure applied to Haring at Forever Hearts event on Sunday from Savage and all attendees. 

3 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I do and I remember Kingsley and Boyce too. Every player is different. 

Oh, I didn't know that.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s exactly the situation I believe.  

by September Haring was a “squad player” - he has now played 3rd most games.

You can’t force a brain into a player i guess

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

His pace gets us up the park and forces teams deeper. 

My problem with him is that we break up the park, he ends up with a 1 on 1 and rather than use his pace to beat the player the t-rex arms come up and slows right down to attempt skill he can barely execute to try and beat the man to end up either ****ing up the bit of skill or by the time he's done it the rest of the defenders are back so his cross is headed away or shot blocked. 

I'd like to see Gino stop trying all this trickery and flare and just kick and chase and see where he ends up. I think it would work far better for him than what he's doing now. Seeing him slow down to try and beat a defender hurts my soul :D I think in close situations his ball skills are great but when it comes to beating a man he's just not convincing me. 

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Lot of pressure applied to Haring at Forever Hearts event on Sunday from Savage and all attendees. 

Thats good to hear, he's a key member of the squad, so it would be gutting to lose him.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***