*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Corstorphine Jambo

Wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder if Chelsea would be considering loaning out Billy Gilmour for another year? Yes, there may be more obvious clubs for him to go to - but no harm in asking! For me, someone dictating in the middle of the park, really bringing the wing backs into play, is what we’ve not had in a long time and I think Gilmour would fit the bill.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Jim Panzee
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

The best move for walker. Expecting real real quality in. Good luck to him.

same here. we should be able to bring in better next season - e.g. the quality of Barrie McKay

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Wishful thinking on my part, but I wonder if Chelsea would be considering loaning out Billy Gilmour for another year? Yes, there may be more obvious clubs for him to go to - but no harm in asking! For me, someone dictating in the middle of the park, really bringing the wing backs into play, is what we’ve not had in a long time and I think Gilmour would fit the bill.

Is he any good. Another who was bigged up by the Media after one game against England. By all accounts he didn’t set the heather on fire at Norwich. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Every time he scores next season this will be bumped tho..... 😂😂😂

Aye, against Barrow FC, Crawley Town and Newport County etc. People forget just how pish the standard is in L2. Remember Elliott Frear? He done alright at Forest Green Rovers who have just won that league lol. He was utter pish in the Championship up here! 

1 minute ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Is he any good. Another who was bigged up by the Media after one game against England. By all accounts he didn’t set the heather on fire at Norwich. 

He’s a very good player  - wouldn’t surprise me to see him back in the Chelsea squad next season. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, hisnameis said:

Don't think anyone said it would have made a massive difference just stated a preference/opinion  to keep him instead of others. Would not say that any of the other players Woodburn, GMS or Ginelly have made a massive difference either. I think the reason people are posting about it is because it is topical since he has decided to complete a move elsewhere bringing a close to the matter. Doubt it is a deliberate attempt to annoy you or anyone else.

He was in direct competition with Woodburn. Absolutely the correct decision to give him a shot and let Walker go when you look at the big picture. 

Corstorphine Jambo
7 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I’d say so. Certainly played well for Scotland recently. I do agree with another poster that it wouldn’t be that surprised if he’s back in the Chelsea squad next season.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Looks like James Forrest is on his way out at Celtic. Wonder if he could be convinced to come here, especially if his brother is signing too?

The opportunity to play together hasn’t happened in their career yet so would surely be a novelty for them and with Ange not failing, it’s doubtful he’s got a place there anymore. 

Mentioned him about a month ago along with Johnstone once the A forest rumours started. 

Would depend on his wage demands, would be a cracking signing tho. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Never once said big contract. 
and I see your now accusing me of being aggressive. That’s laughable after your responses to myself 😁👍 

Anyway as it’s a fans forum for expressing opinions let’s just agree to disagree regarding whether or not Woodburn is worthy of a new contract. 

Discussing  if he's worth a contract is all fair. 

Saying that  seeing him in training is not a good basis for offering him a contract is nonsense and as it is  a public fans forum, one should be prepared for such nonesense reasoning to be called out without getting in a lather. 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

From what I've seen he would be a fantastic player for us. Not sure why it didn't work out for him at Norwich. Doubt he would come to us though, unfortunately. 

jamboinglasgow
25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Patterson had played in Europe and for Scotland.  Obv that doesn't mean he's a better player than Ransay and only happened cos of who he played for but that's part of the answer.

Both good players from what I've seen.

Yeah, its good to see so many talent right backs coming through for Scotland (to compliment all the left backs.) Patterson as you say played in Europe and for Scotland. Plus playing for Rangers (despite their many losses) means that Rangers have more financial clout to hold off for a much bigger amount.

My only concern for Ramsey is that he gets caught in the reserve level of Liverpool and doesn't get regular game time like he did for Aberdeen. Has anyone seen anything that talks of Liverpools plan for him?

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Thanks for demonstrating that I didn't say he would cost £10k per week! 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Mentioned him about a month ago along with Johnstone once the A forest rumours started. 

Would depend on his wage demands, would be a cracking signing tho. 

Think it would be a good move tbh. Big improvement on GMS and Gino. 

Absolute Scenes

James Forrest is guaranteed to be a Hibs target. Would be surprised if he came here instead of Hibs 

The White Cockade

Would take a fit James Forrest if he’s coming on a free

Would be an upgrade on our current wingers and a real goal threat 

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

James Forrest is guaranteed to be a Hibs target. Would be surprised if he came here instead of Hibs 

If James Forrest is leaving Celtic, surely no one else in Scotland has a chance of getting him.  He'll be off down south, a Nottingham Forrest or similar, £10k+ p/w

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I don't understand why he'd sign for Hibs over us. I get the Celtic/Hibs love in but money talks and players like european football.

johnking123

James forrest was a good player. He is 30 now and lost a bit of pace. We are after younger in those positions.

JimmyCant
2 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Is he any good ? FFS !!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

James forrest was a good player. He is 30 now and lost a bit of pace. We are after younger in those positions.

Still better than GMS though….

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If James Forrest is leaving Celtic, surely no one else in Scotland has a chance of getting him.  He'll be off down south, a Nottingham Forrest or similar, £10k+ p/w

Would imagine so, but never know till you ask etc. Would be fantastic result to swing his signature!

Rocky jamboa
2 hours ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

That's a decent shout. He would be our biggest earner if we brought him in, even paying 50% of his wages but wonder if we're prepared to stretch our budget a bit with the money coming in from Europe, our cup run, and likely increased season ticket sales. 

The success of Simms will maybe make EPL clubs consider us as a good option for loaning their players out to, particularly with guaranteed European football. 

Rick Sanchez
51 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Thanks for demonstrating that I didn't say he would cost £10k per week! 

:facepalm:

johnking123
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Still better than GMS though….

For now. Getting injury prone and don't need another 30 something winger.

It would be interesting if we had Allan and Hibs had James actually ……… can not have been too many times where brothers played against each other in an Edinburgh derby

If Aberdeen get a bit of cash from player sales like it is being reported then we might have one team in Scotland with a bit more to spend in our sort of market than we expected but you would hope Europe would give us a further advantage

JimmyCant
25 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

No one decent with a clear idea of what is going on at Hibs is going to go there over us

JimmyCant
14 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Plus he still has a contract till 2023

I think Celtic would release him if he wanted away. He probably isn’t getting another contract so if he can get 2 years somewhere when he still has something in his legs, that takes him to nearly 33 and he’ll be about finished. He’s been a loyal servant, their longest serving player. I don’t think they would stand in his way. Perhaps a nominal fee.

GMS. A similar type and age, hasn’t worked out for us and he doesn’t really fit in with what we’re saying our policy is so probably not (although he’s got loads of European experience under his belt and we don’t have many who do) and only if GMS goes somewhere else first

Edited by JimmyCant

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nah, if his brother comes to us then it would show his family is not that way inclined and you'd think that  financially and football wise as  and  playing with your brother we will be  far more attractive to him  than Hibs. 

He'll likely stay tho or go down south. 

33 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He might not want to move away from Scotland.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Players don't die at 30.

If anything we have quite a young team and we need more Proven, mature players. 

J Forrest would be a great signing. 

However, One we are unlikely to be able to make. 

hisnameis
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

He was in direct competition with Woodburn. Absolutely the correct decision to give him a shot and let Walker go when you look at the big picture. 

Time will tell mate. I hope you are right.

jamboinglasgow
31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If Aberdeen get a bit of cash from player sales like it is being reported then we might have one team in Scotland with a bit more to spend in our sort of market than we expected but you would hope Europe would give us a further advantage

I would imagine the £6m reported fee will be made up of a few add-ons and wont be as much upfront (as often transfer fees are over a number of years.) But I could see Aberdeen taking that money and pushing the boat out for a big player to placate their fans. But considering their recent recruitment I could imagine the player being more failure than success

Shame Jamie is leaving - I think he had plenty more to offer Hearts. As for the little boy Woodburn who masquerades as some kind off football player we should absolutely not be looking to waste any more money on this empty jersey. Baring 2 matches when he has been on the pitch we have effectively been down to 10 men. Purchasing a block of wood would probably make a more sound investment (and would probably be more effective if we put it on the pitch)

47 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

A good strategy especially in light of how much better we have been doing in terms of performance and injuries since we stopped signing names for the treatment room and relying on them as our top players

10 minutes ago, Arfur said:

Shame Jamie is leaving - I think he had plenty more to offer Hearts. As for the little boy Woodburn who masquerades as some kind off football player we should absolutely not be looking to waste any more money on this empty jersey. Baring 2 matches when he has been on the pitch we have effectively been down to 10 men. Purchasing a block of wood would probably make a more sound investment (and would probably be more effective if we put it on the pitch)

Enjoy Bradford mate

Batistuta87
4 hours ago, OTT said:

Looks like James Forrest is on his way out at Celtic. Wonder if he could be convinced to come here, especially if his brother is signing too?

The opportunity to play together hasn’t happened in their career yet so would surely be a novelty for them and with Ange not failing, it’s doubtful he’s got a place there anymore. 

I'm probably 50/50 on him. He'll be 31 by the time he kicks a baw next season, likely a 2y deal so 33 at the end of it. Looked like he was towing a caravan against Rangers but then he's just back from an injury so that's understandable in his first game back. He's obviously a very good player - is very composed, unselfish, clever, tricky, and scores the odd goal - and his pedigree is almost 2nd to none in the league at the moment in terms of playing at the top. He's done UCL, he's done international football, basically done it all. Also thinking about wages. Wouldn't be surprised if he was on £15k a week at Celtic so he would come to Hearts as a top earner and I'm wondering if he'd be reliable enough and ultimately if he would be worth doing so. Also thinking he's bound to have a good couple of seasons left in the tank, so would he maybe be able to find a club down south or in MLS or something where he could still earn a decent wage as BigO suggests. Lastly, this has Aberdeen all over it lol. And they will beat us for wages if it comes to it because they're known for stretching things a bit to land someone. We on the other hand will stick hard and fast to our wage structure and I doubt would make an exception for someone like Forrest. 

Like I say, 50/50. A handful of pros and a handful of cons. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

I'm probably 50/50 on him. He'll be 31 by the time he kicks a baw next season, likely a 2y deal so 33 at the end of it. Looked like he was towing a caravan against Rangers but then he's just back from an injury so that's understandable in his first game back. He's obviously a very good player - is very composed, unselfish, clever, tricky, and scores the odd goal - and his pedigree is almost 2nd to none in the league at the moment in terms of playing at the top. He's done UCL, he's done international football, basically done it all. Also thinking about wages. Wouldn't be surprised if he was on £15k a week at Celtic so he would come to Hearts as a top earner and I'm wondering if he'd be reliable enough and ultimately if he would be worth it. Also thinking he's bound to have a good couple of seasons left in the tank, so would he maybe be able to find a club down south r in MLS or something where their money eclipses the likes of us and Aberdeen/Hibs. Lastly, this has Aberdeen all over it lol. And they will beat us for wages if it comes to it because they're known for stretching things a bit to land someone. We on the other hand will stick hard and fast to our wage structure and I doubt would make an exception for someone like Forrest. 

Like I say, 50/50. A handful of pros and a handful of cons. 

All valid points. He’s also got a year left of his Celtic deal. I wonder if we could get him on loan or something with us paying part of his wages? (Maybe something similar to the Lafferty deal?) 

His Celtic career is done, and I wonder if the opportunity to stay in Scotland and play with his brother for a year or two might be appealing? I quite like the idea of a 4231 with the 3 being made up of McKay Forrest and Forrest 😂 It’s a unique opportunity for him, would be happy to see it done! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Speed, accuracy and possibility of a return on investment, the only things we should be considering bar a few squad fillers for a wet night in Arbroath

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

All valid points. He’s also got a year left of his Celtic deal. I wonder if we could get him on loan or something with us paying part of his wages? (Maybe something similar to the Lafferty deal?) 

His Celtic career is done, and I wonder if the opportunity to stay in Scotland and play with his brother for a year or two might be appealing? I quite like the idea of a 4231 with the 3 being made up of McKay Forrest and Forrest 😂 It’s a unique opportunity for him, would be happy to see it done! 

Ahh I thought he was out of contract at the end of the season. Having 1y left on his deal changes things then; and in that case if they are looking to loan him out I would definitely put our hat in the ring as long as they don't want his full wage paying. Could be very useful to us in EL/ECL since he's been there and done that in terms of European opposition. 

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

what 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Billy Gilmour, if returning to Scotland, would be playing Champions League football and nothing else. Fantasy world

58 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would imagine the £6m reported fee will be made up of a few add-ons and wont be as much upfront (as often transfer fees are over a number of years.) But I could see Aberdeen taking that money and pushing the boat out for a big player to placate their fans. But considering their recent recruitment I could imagine the player being more failure than success

I don't know anything about Aberdeen's finances, but there's also the side that a transfer fee is a one off income.  Yes, you can spend that dosh, and £6M additional spread into say 3 years player budget in Scotland is a lot.

However, I think where we're at is hugely sustainable increased player budget.  A bit hinges on getting euro money each year, but I just feel we're in such a strong position to pull away.  Others like Hibs and Aberdeen are all of a sudden needing rebuilds and need to catch us, but don't have the business grounding we do to do so (which is how we caught them when we'd made a tit of it).

I know nought of Aberdeen's finances tbf and maybe they've plenty to chuck about.  Their wagebill has certainly been reasonably hefty the last decade.

They also need a lot of new players.  That money will need spread across a number of players, whereas our WARCHEST can be a bit more focused.

stevie1874
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Discussing  if he's worth a contract is all fair. 

Saying that  seeing him in training is not a good basis for offering him a contract is nonsense and as it is  a public fans forum, one should be prepared for such nonesense reasoning to be called out without getting in a lather. 

Loic  Damour & Maulary Martin we’re seemingly very good on the training ground. 😁👍

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Loic  Damour & Maulary Martin we’re seemingly very good on the training ground. 😁👍

Martin...signed by the Aston Villa set piece coach, purely for his amazing set pieces...

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Doubt Bob or Savage thought so. 

They weren't there. 

They also never joined on loan before signing for us. 

They also weren't young. 

We've also signed good and bad players without seeing them in training( and will again). 

You're intial statement is still nonsense-seeing a player in training and playing for a year is a good basis to offer a contract ( or not to). 

Fair doos for defending it tho. 

stevie1874
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

Martin...signed by the Aston Villa set piece coach, purely for his amazing set pieces...

Sorry for spoiling the mood. 😁

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Lucky we got them on long term deals anaw..... 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***