• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

We’re not really in the position financially to be giving out contracts based on training. He really needs to show up in games which he’s not really done bar a couple. If we’re giving him a contract I hope it’s no more than a year with an option for us. 

4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Bizzare? I pointed out that in my opinion giving someone (what will be a decent wage in our structure) a contract based on a couple of decent games, numerous anonymous performances but shows up well in training is taking a big risk. I did say I thought a 1 year contract would do. Try reading posts before you start on one. 👍 
Bizzare would be a supposed Hearts supporter wanting Hibs to win a cup 🤷‍♂️

Nah you said 

" were not really in a position financially to be giving out contracts based on training" 

An utterly ridiculous statement. 

You also never said " a 1 year contract would do", you said you "hope it's no longer than a year". 

Not the same thing. 

Now your banging on about hibs winning the cup ( very strange for a "supposed" Hearts supporter) - you've moved from debating the point to personal attacks, probably as you know your original statement was nonesense and now you are trying to cover your arse so it makes some sort of sense. 

Your decent wage has no basis either. You've made that up at this time. 

You're Litterally just thrashing around now and making stuff up. 

If having a young player on loan who you've seen play and trained with for a season is not a good basis for deciding to offer a contract then you can eblighten us all to what you think is a better. 

There's Litterally no better basis for it. 

WheatfieldWarrior
9 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

People are also stuck in this "either/ or"  mindset. 

Shankland as our only main striker would be a concern. 

Shankland and Simms both at the club is fantastic, different types and options. 

Folk seem to think ( or it reads like ) it's Shankland only. 

Nothing indicates that is the case. 

We could do definitely do with a Shankland type in many games, ones where we have the ball, create and are on top. 

However, we also need a Simms or a Boyce type that offers more outside the box and to the team. 

Having all 3 really would be an embarrassment of riches compared to all other clubs outside the of in Scotland and give us the ability to change things. 

I don't think it's either or exactly - for me I want to keep Sims. Shankland maybe at a good price or free, but I wouldn't break the bank for him.  I recognise that if we are going to play 2up then we need 3 or 4 senior strikers to do it. 

Let's see what Savage and Neilson can come up with from the English under 23s, Japan, etc.. there may be more gems to be had there and they have done well so far this season.

37 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah you said 

" were not really in a position financially to be giving out contracts based on training" 

You also never said " a 1 year contract would do", you said you "hope it's no longer than a year". 

Not the same thing. 

Now your banging on about hibs winning the cup ( very strange for a "supposed" Hearts supporter) - you've moved from debating the point to personal attacks, probably as you know your original statement was nonesense and now you are trying to cover your arse so it makes some sort of sense. 

If having a young player on loan who you've seen play and trained with for a season is not a good basis for deciding to offer a contract then you can eblighten us all to what you think is a better. 

I may be wrong but I think the point he was making was that you should not give out contracts simply on the basis of how well a youth trains.  In Woodburn's case, even if he is the best trainer at the club, that has not been transferred to the actual matches he has played where he has only had a couple of decent games.  An average of say 1 good game in 10 is not a good return.

stevie1874
22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah you said 

Its my opinion about a player I've watched throughout the course of a season who has offered very little and I'm guessing would want a wage at the higher end of our budget

There you go again cant help yourself

Not the same thing. 

Again my opinion on a forum

I apologise if my comments about wanting Hibs to win the cup are untrue, just replying to your Bizarre jibe

Im guessing, not made it up as you say.We'll just have to agree to disagree about the wage as i think he'd want at the upper levels of our wage structure

Im thrashing around making things up ? your all over this forum doing your usual :)

Already explained my reasoning for it before, the said player would be worth no more than a years offer based on how he's performed throughout the season. i would think we've been caught out previously with players good at training but not performing at the weekend and on decent contracts. Again only MY OPINION

22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good Night 

hisnameis

Good Luck to Jamie Walker. Clearly he wanted to stay but didnt see himself getting much game time under current management. I would prefer to have seen us keep him before Woodburn, GMS or Ginelly but not to be. Best of luck to him 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, hisnameis said:

Good Luck to Jamie Walker. Clearly he wanted to stay but didnt see himself getting much game time under current management. I would prefer to have seen us keep him before Woodburn, GMS or Ginelly but not to be. Best of luck to him 

Agreed 

although some on here will moan about this suggestion 

Finlay James

I hope that our recruitment is heavily focussing on players with a strong mentality.  Players who are born winners and won’t care who or where we are playing, they just focus on winning.

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Jamie Walker must have about 20 accounts on this forum. 

How many on Follow Follow though ; - )

PapaShango

The Walker debate has been done enough times on here, but think it was right for him to be moved on. The difference with him and Woodburn is that the latter is still only 21 and has potential to kick on, Walker is at the end of his career and he had plenty opportunities at Hearts and for me wasn't consistent enough.

indianajones
39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How many on Follow Follow though ; - )

A good few as well no doubt. 

Limited player that struggles for fitness and can barely run. Its a no brainer he was shifted. 

Batistuta87
4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Agreed 

although some on here will moan about this suggestion 

Walker is a central attacking mid / number 10. Woodburn is too, but he can also play right and left wing so he's a more useful player to have in the squad. We're also probably more keen to play him and improve him as a long term project whereas Walker is at the wrong end of his career for that. I'm well aware that he's played as a winger before but that's just not where he's best suited any more. 

It was Jamie's choice to go out on loan. His game time would rightly be limited at Hearts so he chose to go out for six months and put himself in the shop window. 

Anyway, why is this still coming up? We've had a successful season and having Walker over any other player would have made absolutely no difference to the end result. People are acting like it's been a massive decision that's had massive effect on our season when it's had absolutely no affect what so ever. 

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

The Walker debate has been done enough times on here, but think it was right for him to be moved on. The difference with him and Woodburn is that the latter is still only 21 and has potential to kick on, Walker is at the end of his career and he had plenty opportunities at Hearts and for me wasn't consistent enough.

Exactly 👏🏻

Wish folk would stop bringing it up. Absolutely sick hearing about it. 

Jean Louis Valois

Walker has been a decent servant over his 2 spells at the club, but was definitely time for him to go. He'd be nowhere near our first team next season.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Good Night 

Just admit you're opening gambit was pish or not what you meant. 

Ridiculous - and you know it. 

stevie1874
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Just admit you're opening gambit was pish or not what you meant. 

Ridiculous - and you know it. 

Still at it I see, did you even read my replies?  Your self importance on here is staggering and laughable at the same time. 😁👍

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Still at it I see, did you even read my replies?  Your self importance on here is staggering and laughable at the same time. 😁👍

Glad we agree your original point belongs in the bin. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I may be wrong but I think the point he was making was that you should not give out contracts simply on the basis of how well a youth trains.  In Woodburn's case, even if he is the best trainer at the club, that has not been transferred to the actual matches he has played where he has only had a couple of decent games.  An average of say 1 good game in 10 is not a good return.

All fair, but the coaching staff will call it and have seen him far more than fans have and then can decide what to do. 

Having a player on loan for a season is probably the best way in order to make that call. 

All he had to do was clarify that but instead he ends up banging on about hibs, talks further garbage and makes things up like a big contract and such. 

Bob and the boys are perfectly placed to make a call, one of the advantages of a loan deal. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Putting my cock on the block here.

I am expecting us to have our best team since the 05/06 team next season.

I think we will be at least 25 goals better off over the season.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

39 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

The only thing I disagree on is walker being at the end of his career. He is only 28 so as long as injuries don't take their toll he should have at least 6 years to go. Apart from that I think it is best that he has left

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

+25. That's a big call. I assume your in no great need of said appendage 😁

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agreed. 

We'll get 70+  points next season. 

+25 goals might be a push tho...

Edited by Bazzas right boot

stevie1874
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

All fair, but the coaching staff will call it and have seen him far more than fans have and then can decide what to do. 

Having a player on loan for a season is probably the best way in order to make that call. 

All he had to do was clarify that but instead he ends up banging on about hibs, talks further garbage and makes things up like a big contract and such. 

Bob and the boys are perfectly placed to make a call, one of the advantages of a loan deal. 

Your slavering again. Never made things up, I gave an opinion nothing more only to be met with the smart know all comments that litter this forum from yourself. 

BelgeJambo

Slightly off topic

Is Calvin Ramsay 12 million pound different to Nathan Patterson in terms of ability?

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Exactly 👏🏻

Wish folk would stop bringing it up. Absolutely sick hearing about it. 

Every time he scores next season this will be bumped tho..... 😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

25 goals better off?!  Oof!

See when you think that if Baz, Boyce and Simms added 5 goals each, we're well on the way, doesn't seem too mental actually.  Cam and Beni even started getting on scoresheet before injuries.

Ok, I'm in!  25 more goals it is!!!!

PS, how big is the block?

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

Slightly off topic

Is Calvin Ramsay 12 million pound different to Nathan Patterson in terms of ability?

Patterson had played in Europe and for Scotland.  Obv that doesn't mean he's a better player than Ransay and only happened cos of who he played for but that's part of the answer.

Both good players from what I've seen.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, stevie1874 said:

Your slavering again. Never made things up, I gave an opinion nothing more only to be met with the smart know all comments that litter this forum from yourself. 

You made up the big contract stuff.

It's been a good laugh tho-

Seeing someone train and play for a season isn't a good basis to be giving out contracts.... 

😂😂😂😂

Made me laugh. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

See when you think that if Baz, Boyce and Simms added 5 goals each, we're well on the way, doesn't seem too mental actually.  Cam and Beni even started getting on scoresheet before injuries.

Big enough, don't worry about that. 🤔

JimmyCant
9 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Given that this is a forum for fan opinion, we’re surely entitled to question and give an opinion on Woodburn, even if it conflicts with what appears to be the head coaches opinion.

Most of us have seen Woodburn play several times and can form an opinion on him.

My opinion is I can’t believe we’re even contemplating keeping Woodburn. He’s had 2 decent games at best and the rest of the time he’s been anonymous. He isn’t strong enough. He has no heart and I don’t believe he is good enough given the wage we’d probably need to pay him to get him to sign. That wage could be spent more usefully elsewhere. I think a lot of people feel the same way. We could be wrong. Robbie and the minority could be right

You’re entitled to disagree of course but you’d come across better if you have reasons why you think he is worthwhile keeping instead of just insulting people with a different opinion and leaving it hanging there.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Given that this is a forum for fan opinion, we’re surely entitled to question and give an opinion on Woodburn, even if it conflicts with what appears to be the head coaches opinion.

Most of us have seen Woodburn play several times and can form an opinion on him.

My opinion is I can’t believe we’re even contemplating keeping Woodburn. He’s had 2 decent games at best and the rest of the time he’s been anonymous. He isn’t strong enough. He has no heart and I don’t believe he is good enough given the wage we’d probably need to pay him to get him to sign. That wage could be spent more usefully elsewhere. I think a lot of people feel the same way. We could be wrong. Robbie and the minority could be right

You’re entitled to disagree of course but you’d come across better if you have reasons why you think he is worthwhile keeping instead of just insulting people with a different opinion and leaving it hanging there.

You make fair points, and I agree. 

But, having a player on loan is a great way to effectively scout them and a good basis to then make a Decision as you see them in training and on match  Day. 

Most of us have also seen Hearts play, no one has watched Woodburn for the whole game only, fans miss lots ( some more so than others). 

I Called his sweeping statement out  and he Got aggressive and personal quickly and continues to be personal. 

Are you gonna police him,  probably not. 

It was a ridiculous opening statement - and he Knows it. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think so too. Robbie and Savage know exactly what they need I’d wager and with Europe group stage guaranteed, I think we’ve got a pretty good draw for players now.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed. 

We'll get 70+  points next season. 

+25 goals might be a push tho...

Id say on average we’ve missed a couple of relative sitters a game. 38 games - 25 extra goals isn’t a huge ask with st least 2 proper strikers and higher scoring wide attackers.

hisnameis
49 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Walker is a central attacking mid / number 10. Woodburn is too, but he can also play right and left wing so he's a more useful player to have in the squad. We're also probably more keen to play him and improve him as a long term project whereas Walker is at the wrong end of his career for that. I'm well aware that he's played as a winger before but that's just not where he's best suited any more. 

It was Jamie's choice to go out on loan. His game time would rightly be limited at Hearts so he chose to go out for six months and put himself in the shop window. 

Anyway, why is this still coming up? We've had a successful season and having Walker over any other player would have made absolutely no difference to the end result. People are acting like it's been a massive decision that's had massive effect on our season when it's had absolutely no affect what so ever. 

Don't think anyone said it would have made a massive difference just stated a preference/opinion  to keep him instead of others. Would not say that any of the other players Woodburn, GMS or Ginelly have made a massive difference either. I think the reason people are posting about it is because it is topical since he has decided to complete a move elsewhere bringing a close to the matter. Doubt it is a deliberate attempt to annoy you or anyone else.

john thomas
14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Its not the size of the block...

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think so too. Robbie and Savage know exactly what they need I’d wager and with Europe group stage guaranteed, I think we’ve got a pretty good draw for players now.

If we add a goal scoring midfielder and 2 attacking players with 15 goals each in them we are basically there.

Then if you look at chances created, one on ones missed this season…

We must have missed 15 to 20 one on ones this season. 

If Boyce had been on form the last 20 games and Simms been in the groove immediately when he arrived that’s already 10 extra goals IMO.

stevie1874
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You made up the big contract stuff.

It's been a good laugh tho-

Seeing someone train and play for a season isn't a good basis to be giving out contracts.... 

😂😂😂😂

Made me laugh. 

Never once said big contract. 
and I see your now accusing me of being aggressive. That’s laughable after your responses to myself 😁👍 

Anyway as it’s a fans forum for expressing opinions let’s just agree to disagree regarding whether or not Woodburn is worthy of a new contract. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If we add a goal scoring midfielder and 2 attacking players with 15 goals each in them we are basically there.

Then if you look at chances created, one on ones missed this season…

We must have missed 15 to 20 one on ones this season. 

If Boyce had been on form the last 20 games and Simms been in the groove immediately when he arrived that’s already 10 extra goals IMO.

It's funny cos the way I see it is we just focus on our own chances missed.  Every team.  Every single team misses chances.  Man City miss huge numbers of chances.

I'd actually argue that we need to create MORE clear cut chances.  For me, we get in positions to do it quite often and choose the wrong pass or we slow it down.  We need more guys who's initial thought when they get the ball is to create danger.  More Barrie McKays basically!  Not saying our finishing is great, not at all, and a real natural finisher or two would be ace, but I don't think our finishing has been as bad as is made out is all.  I'd bet our stats aren't bad on it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Re one on ones off the top of my head just since the turn of the year Boyce, Ellis and McKay have missed around 13 or 14.

Youd expect a 50 % conversion rate at least.

Thats not including Boyce’s headed 2 or 3 sitter misses and the one he actually cleared off the line from a cross.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

KyleLafferty
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Re one on ones off the top of my head just since the turn of the year Boyce, Ellis and McKay have missed around 13 or 14.

Youd expect a 50 % conversion rate at least.

Thats not including Boyce’s headed 2 or 3 sitter misses and the one he actually cleared off the line from a cross.

50% conversion? Best strikers in the world don’t have that sort of rate 

Gimme an H...
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Aye they do

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Of one on ones or free headers 6 yards out, or an open goal 4 yards out ?

I am not talking general chances I am talking the easier ones

25 minutes ago, OTT said:

Spot on with this OTT - is that lad who was trying to resurrect his career still training with us?

If so perhaps he may also be one of our potential signings. 

Looks like James Forrest is on his way out at Celtic. Wonder if he could be convinced to come here, especially if his brother is signing too?

The opportunity to play together hasn’t happened in their career yet so would surely be a novelty for them and with Ange not failing, it’s doubtful he’s got a place there anymore. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe you're right but as I said 1 good game in 10 is not a good return.

We have had him on loan but quite frankly he has been almost entirely anonymous.  We could probably have got more influential performances from one of our own youths eg Tait.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***