*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Obviously there is more to player recruitment utilisation and retention than what they do on the park or the training field alone and decision are made taking many things in to account not just the one facet ………….. I suggest people make more use of the ignore function 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Leveins Battalion

Imagine the damage a set piece genius like Macphee could do with Kingsley.😂

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Imagine the damage a set piece genius like Macphee could do with Kingsley.😂

Aye he'd have Kingsley the target man and Simms taking the free kicks 😂

Batistuta87
43 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I don't know anything about Aberdeen's finances, but there's also the side that a transfer fee is a one off income.  Yes, you can spend that dosh, and £6M additional spread into say 3 years player budget in Scotland is a lot.

However, I think where we're at is hugely sustainable increased player budget.  A bit hinges on getting euro money each year, but I just feel we're in such a strong position to pull away.  Others like Hibs and Aberdeen are all of a sudden needing rebuilds and need to catch us, but don't have the business grounding we do to do so (which is how we caught them when we'd made a tit of it).

I know nought of Aberdeen's finances tbf and maybe they've plenty to chuck about.  Their wagebill has certainly been reasonably hefty the last decade.

They also need a lot of new players.  That money will need spread across a number of players, whereas our WARCHEST can be a bit more focused.

I think any money they get for Ramsay will be spread quite thin by the time they replenish their squad, put something towards their new stadium and everyone else takes their cut... I think we'll have a healthier budget per player apart from the odd exception where they have probably the highest earner outside the old firm like they've done before. 

Edited by Batistuta87

The Apprentice
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

For now. Getting injury prone and don't need another 30 something winger.

That's the major issue with him. He's a good player but he's spent loads of time out injured for the majority of his career. That's not something we need, especially with the wages he'd be after.

In no way do I claim to be in the no or even that this is anything more that a pub rumour but a few mates from Newcastle have said we are looking at Elliot Anderson on loan after his great season at Bristol Rovers 

7 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

That's the major issue with him. He's a good player but he's spent loads of time out injured for the majority of his career. That's not something we need, especially with the wages he'd be after.

Yes this …………… the sort of signing we would have made three or four years a go

4 minutes ago, campbell said:

In no way do I claim to be in the no or even that this is anything more that a pub rumour but a few mates from Newcastle have said we are looking at Elliot Anderson on loan after his great season at Bristol Rovers 

I do not know who he is mate is he good

Bob Loblaw
8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Very highly rated. Newcastle see a big future for him but only 19. Plays for Scotland at youth level but England are apparently trying to steal him from us.

8 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Very highly rated. Newcastle see a big future for him but only 19. Plays for Scotland at youth level but England are apparently trying to steal him from us.

Thank you Bob : - )

Tasavallan
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Enjoy Bradford mate

Mid table League 2 is about his ability these days.

Success there nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I don't know anything about Aberdeen's finances, but there's also the side that a transfer fee is a one off income.  Yes, you can spend that dosh, and £6M additional spread into say 3 years player budget in Scotland is a lot.

However, I think where we're at is hugely sustainable increased player budget.  A bit hinges on getting euro money each year, but I just feel we're in such a strong position to pull away.  Others like Hibs and Aberdeen are all of a sudden needing rebuilds and need to catch us, but don't have the business grounding we do to do so (which is how we caught them when we'd made a tit of it).

I know nought of Aberdeen's finances tbf and maybe they've plenty to chuck about.  Their wagebill has certainly been reasonably hefty the last decade.

They also need a lot of new players.  That money will need spread across a number of players, whereas our WARCHEST can be a bit more focused.

Don’t Aberdeen have a **** off expensive stadium needing built yesterday? 

Sensible thing to do would be to squirrel any transfer fee away. Then again, it’s Scottish football 😂 

15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ethan Erahon 🤷‍♂️

Doesn't appear to be rated by St Mirren fans.

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ethan Erahon 🤷‍♂️

I like him. Got potential to be a good young player. Have you  heard something or just someone you like? 

Edited by Batistuta87

5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Mid table League 2 is about his ability these days.

Success there nonetheless. 

League two down there is pretty rubbish but I would like to see him finally get settled and live up to the expectations of the club he plays for 

Tasavallan
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

League two down there is pretty rubbish but I would like to see him finally get settled and live up to the expectations of the club he plays for 

Indeed

Dick Dastardly
48 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ethan Erahon 🤷‍♂️

Just googled him. Its his birthday today. 

Vlad Magic
50 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ethan Erahon 🤷‍♂️

Lethal with a sword.

Slays Orcs by the dozen.

Jamie Mccart an option? Not sure how good he is. 

Obviously part of double winning team. Looks like he can play a bit. Good age

Tasavallan
58 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Too good to be sent out on another loan spell.  However, it will depend on what the new owners decide to do with recruitment in the summer.

If another loan then Championship or even a Premiership club.

Watt-Zeefuik

Not ITK in any way but I don't get folk calling for some major clear-out over the summer.

We had a spectacular year and need to increase the squad. Why would we possibly be punting players still under contract who have been functional for us, unless they cause problems in the squad?

Players like GMS and Ginnelly who signed for us at the start of last season are almost certainly not on big wages. If they are happy to stay with limited roles and enjoy the squad as it stands, it would be absolutely ridiculous of us to send them off. If they do nothing other than fill out benches next season and help with squad rotation, that's still valuable so long as they're not on £8k/week or something foolish.

Emptying players with active contracts and replacing them almost always costs significantly more than just keeping them. It also occupies the front office with recruiting and scouting for their positions when we already need to be adding quality and replacing players that are leaving. We already need 5-7 fully new signings, depending on how many of our loan players we replace.

Our regular starters this season managed a really, really good, possibly still great season. If a few of those regular starters become bench players, that's outstanding for us.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, campbell said:

Oaft. Some signing that would be.

3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Billy Gilmour, if returning to Scotland, would be playing Champions League football and nothing else. Fantasy world

Not sure about this. Chelsea were happy to let him go on loan to Norwich, who are even further away from CL football than we are. Don’t get me wrong, I think that in the unlikely event of them loaning him out to a Scottish side, it would be one of the ugly sisters, but even so.

We can be certain that Neilson and Savage are well advanced in terms of their signing targets.  Neilson has already said that he wants new signings in early to prepare for European football.

I presume the window opens on 1 July but I would much prefer it was 1 June.

Birregrande
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Not ITK in any way but I don't get folk calling for some major clear-out over the summer.

We had a spectacular year and need to increase the squad. Why would we possibly be punting players still under contract who have been functional for us, unless they cause problems in the squad?

Players like GMS and Ginnelly who signed for us at the start of last season are almost certainly not on big wages. If they are happy to stay with limited roles and enjoy the squad as it stands, it would be absolutely ridiculous of us to send them off. If they do nothing other than fill out benches next season and help with squad rotation, that's still valuable so long as they're not on £8k/week or something foolish.

Emptying players with active contracts and replacing them almost always costs significantly more than just keeping them. It also occupies the front office with recruiting and scouting for their positions when we already need to be adding quality and replacing players that are leaving. We already need 5-7 fully new signings, depending on how many of our loan players we replace.

Our regular starters this season managed a really, really good, possibly still great season. If a few of those regular starters become bench players, that's outstanding for us.

I don't think I've seen anyone asking for a clear out? More the opposite, we need to strengthen the weak points - as an example, Ginnelly? Well, I'd possibly keep him as cover.  He's not costing us a packet, and can do a job against some slower SPFL teams while we smash Europe. :greggy:

Edited by Birregrande

Jambo in Bathgate
30 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

We can be certain that Neilson and Savage are well advanced in terms of their signing targets.  Neilson has already said that he wants new signings in early to prepare for European football.

I presume the window opens on 1 July but I would much prefer it was 1 June.

Robbie’s after match comments v the victims suggests that any signings we make will not be squad players but will be capable of changing games should they be called upon. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Don't think anyone is calling for any kind of clear-out, and in fact I would suggest it's quite the opposite with most calling for everyone's contracts to be renewed. Forrest is sounding like a done deal so I'm happy with that but would also like a proper first team quality winger. Forrest is still a work in progress I think, but a good signing none the less. Signing him and another might push GMS/Gino out but I would be happy to keep them around as they're handy to have in the squad but would need to accept a lesser role. Woodburn would be a longer term project who would drop in and out of the starting 11 for me. Would like five wingers in total. Same with CM. I'd like a strong first team CM to compete with Devlin and Beni - but would like to keep Haring too and again to have about five in the squad. 

I'd like to keep everyone we have currently, including all of the loans, and add:

1x GK

1x CB

1x CM 

1x LW (and Forrest)

1x ST

Edited by Batistuta87

7 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

From what I've seen he would be a fantastic player for us. Not sure why it didn't work out for him at Norwich. Doubt he would come to us though, unfortunately. 

They changed manager after the loan was organised, right?

And they needed a midfield of destroyers not deep lying playmakers. Especially ones who have yet to fully fill out physically. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What do people think of the Livvy goalkeeper? He's clearly available.

Loads of interest in him apparently. Martindale says they've had a number of enquiries. 

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

Not sure about this. Chelsea were happy to let him go on loan to Norwich, who are even further away from CL football than we are. Don’t get me wrong, I think that in the unlikely event of them loaning him out to a Scottish side, it would be one of the ugly sisters, but even so.

Think Norwich had been chosen because Farke was trying to play a bit of football and they thought he would be guaranteed first team EPL time. Ironically. 

Edited by CMc

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

Probably something to do with Norwich general struggle at a wild guess, always performs to a high level for Scotland and did so for Chelsea 

Watt-Zeefuik
55 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

I don't think I've seen anyone asking for a clear out? More the opposite, we need to strengthen the weak points - as an example, Ginnelly? Well, I'd possibly keep him as cover.  He's not costing us a packet, and can do a job against some slower SPFL teams while we smash Europe. :greggy:

41 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don't think anyone is calling for any kind of clear-out, and in fact I would suggest it's quite the opposite with most calling for everyone's contracts to be renewed. Forrest is sounding like a done deal so I'm happy with that but would also like a proper first team quality winger. Forrest is still a work in progress I think, but a good signing none the less. Signing him and another might push GMS/Gino out but I would be happy to keep them around as they're handy to have in the squad but would need to accept a lesser role. Woodburn would be a longer term project who would drop in and out of the starting 11 for me. Would like five wingers in total. Same with CM. I'd like a strong first team CM to compete with Devlin and Beni - but would like to keep Haring too and again to have about five in the squad. 

I'd like to keep everyone we have currently, including all of the loans, and add:

1x GK

1x CB

1x CM 

1x LW (and Forrest)

1x ST

It was pages back because this thread moves fast but there were 3-4 posts saying GMS and Gino should be punted, and some others saying the same thing about Boyce. I'm not a big Woodburn fan to say the least but if he can be kept cheaply I'm certainly not averse.

Jambo in Bathgate
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

what 😂

Norwich fans weren’t impressed by him. Should have been a standout in that team. 

9 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Norwich fans weren’t impressed by him. Should have been a standout in that team. 

If he came back north of the border he would go straight in as most talented player in the country.

8 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Norwich are by some distance the worst team in the EPL. They are propping up the table with a GD of -53. I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that they may not have been the ideal club for a 20-year-old 5’ 7” playmaker to show his best form.

stevie1874
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

If he came back north of the border he would go straight in as most talented player in the country.

This. Only team I can see him coming back north for is maybe a season loan  at Rangers with Champ league football? The boys a class act. 

Under the floodlight
17 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

1) Gilmour has the right amount of fingers 2) He's not a tractor.

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Its a good point. 

Had a look at the Aberdeen team, they have a squad of 23 players. Two players are on loan, five more are out of contract. If you add Ramsay then thats 8 players gone already. Of the remaining 15, 6 of them are in their 30s. It also wouldn't surprise me if Lewis Ferguson was sold in the summer (though that would mean more money in.) 

So they would need a major rebuild so as you say the money would be spread a lot thinner than we need with our money.

Gary Locke

Whats peoples thoughts about barry bannan, if sheff wed don’t go up he might fancy a crack in scotland with a european tour 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, CMc said:

They changed manager after the loan was organised, right?

And they needed a midfield of destroyers not deep lying playmakers. Especially ones who have yet to fully fill out physically. 

👍🏻 

5 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Whats peoples thoughts about barry bannan, if sheff wed don’t go up he might fancy a crack in scotland with a european tour 

Paterson is a must if available. Bannan, undoubtedly a good player but just don't see him fitting in to squad and club.  Would need to cleanse his social media for a start, weekly posts about his Celtic..

Dick Dastardly
15 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

I think his drink driving and age would probably rule him out for us. Cracking player when he first broke into the Villa team. I've not seen much of him lately so couldn't really comment on his ability now 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

SomethingAboutObua
12 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

He's their captain, no chance he's heading back up here. Also he's a huge Celtic fan, doubt he'd entertain joining us if any other option was on the table. 

19/05/2012
15 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Watched both play off games and got to say he is nowhere near as good as these commentators would make you believe. Reminds me of Perry Kitchen with how ineffective he is

Batistuta87
24 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Haven't seen him play in a while but always really liked him. If we're going down the route of signing someone over 30 who would be a top earner, Joe Allen from Stoke would be my choice. Reckon he would bring out the best in Ben Woodburn too. 

Edited by Batistuta87

16 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Paterson is a must if available. Bannan, undoubtedly a good player but just don't see him fitting in to squad and club.  Would need to cleanse his social media for a start, weekly posts about his Celtic..

Shef Wednesday lost in the play offs. Both of these players would inprove us but will be on big money 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***