*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Lee Wallace could be good as a squad option depending how much he has left in the tank as we're a bit light down that side, ticks the homegrown box for europe as well. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a deal with a view to going into coaching. Regardless, having experienced players like this is important when the majority of the rest of the signings will be young up and comers, good to have that mix in the dressing room.

Perfect back up if he came. 

Some Folk seem to concentrate on youth too much imo. 

Balance is good. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Tasavallan

Jamie Brandon has reached a level he appears comfortable with, playing 90min each game.  Only ever going to be a bench warmer at most at Tynecastle.

Good luck to him. 

Thank good ness we are past those failure days of signing so many older players as first team picks and then struggling to win games when they got injured

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

Jamie Brandon has reached a level he appears comfortable with, playing 90min each game.  Only ever going to be a bench warmer at most at Tynecastle.

Good luck to him. 

Would not surprise me at all if he does well at Livi and in a year or two even gets a slightly better move.  Not back up to Hearts level, but perhaps Motherwell, Dundee United or something (if we consider them above Livi these days I suppose!)

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Jamie's oot! 

Good luck to both. 

Unless we sign a new Jamie in the summer, it will be the first time a long time we haven't had a Jamie on our books (not counting U16s) since at least 2004. Jamie McAllister, Jamie Mole, Jamie MacDonald, Jamie Hamill, Jamie Walker and Jamie Brandon have kept the line of Jamies going. Anyone know if there any Jamies that keep the line going before 2004?

Dick Dastardly
10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Unless we sign a new Jamie in the summer, it will be the first time a long time we haven't had a Jamie on our books (not counting U16s) since at least 2004. Jamie McAllister, Jamie Mole, Jamie MacDonald, Jamie Hamill, Jamie Walker and Jamie Brandon have kept the line of Jamies going. Anyone know if there any Jamies that keep the line going before 2004?

Jamie Dodger

Tasavallan
18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Jamie Mole!  You sadist.  I still remember the Almondvale game.

58 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

Micheal Smith played that day 

Smith played centre back. Brandon played full back

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure if you're misreading me mate, I haven't been advocating throwing a bunch of kids in or saying Hearts have failed by not doing so.

I'm saying that - especially while we're doing well, the best chance a kid will get is when we're having a spell of injuries, suspensions etc (or perhaps even when cruising in a game or two I guess).  That type of opportunity isn't open at present as we simply HAVE to send guys out on loan.  That will make sense for a high number of kids to get experience but there will be the odd ones who are kind of just about nearly maybe almost ready, it's those boys who may have got 5 or 6 appearances this season, plus a bunch of reserve level football.

Sorry if I have read it wrong.:wallbash:

3 hours ago, gov said:

Not sure how much to read into this but following Lee Wallaces best mate on Instagram and he put a story up with Lee with the quote "welcome home🇱🇻" might just be because he has come up the road but the flag made me feel its about hearts

Pretty normal to come home when the season is over.

Takeshi kovac
8 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Some could be signed already. Just not announcing them yet ...

Tease 🤔😆

Takeshi kovac
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

We have been in the hunt for 3rd place nearly all season and with the money that flows from this it would have been risky to introduce young players.  If say, we were hovering around mid table with little chance of Europe or relegation, it would certainly have been worth using a youth player or two.  We might even have gambled this season with half a dozen games to go if it were not for the cup final.

Unfortunately we can't have everything

Agree Al, we also need players to be ready to break through and Pollock and McGill seemed the most likely but up against Cammy, Beni,Pete and Mcenuff for game time so made sense for them to go on loan

49 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Sorry if I have read it wrong.:wallbash:

Aye I was moaning about how backwards Scotland is, not Hearts, haha!

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Pretty normal to come home when the season is over.

Not disagreeing with that logic just something I seen and threw out there 

Batistuta87
4 hours ago, gov said:

Not sure how much to read into this but following Lee Wallaces best mate on Instagram and he put a story up with Lee with the quote "welcome home🇱🇻" might just be because he has come up the road but the flag made me feel its about hearts

FFS let's hope not 😂

Batistuta87
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

That boy Tillio mentioned looks the biz,like an Aussie Phil Foden 😂

Yeah he looks class. Hopefully Agent Devlin has been pulling some strings again 😁

Birregrande
10 hours ago, Sertse said:

I did think that but it's strange that they'd be announcing Taylor-Moore leaving.

He's not our player though.  It was probably him or his parent team that wanted to go to the EN?

johnking123

Tilio would be good signing. Good feet and acceleration. Would have to spend a few bob on him. But think it would be worth it.

Watt-Zeefuik
10 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

He's not our player though.  It was probably him or his parent team that wanted to go to the EN?

If he's not wanted at Bristol he probably wants to let it be known that he's not going to be back at Hearts so other clubs will start looking at him.

Very nice interview, it must be said. I haven't been a big fan this season but suffice to say we've had plenty of players on their way out the door who have been much less praiseworthy of their managers.

jambopilms

Don't think Brandon was any worse than Atkinson has been. Certainly didn't give the ball away as much.

indianajones
4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

A big discussion by Mags supporters on where Elliot Anderson should go next season.  Many say he should go to a Championship club.

This boy has a future, it would be brilliant if Savage can work wonders.

May be an image of one or more people, outdoors and crowdupdate

We would be the best move for the kid. 

European football would be a heck of an experience for him. No championship club can offer that. 

12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Don't think Brandon was any worse than Atkinson has been. Certainly didn't give the ball away as much.

Brandon didn't offer much going forward or defensively in my view. Atkinson is a bit raw and needs some coaching, bit offers more in both areas.

Famous 1874
15 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Atkinson has been fine?

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

According to the daily weeg Brandon Barker has left Hearts to join Livi 🙄

Clearly you've no paid much attention then since its Jamie Brandon not Brandon Barker, and he's not left yet - he joins at the end of the season.

indianajones
31 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

According to the daily weeg Brandon Barker has left Hearts to join Livi 🙄

25 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Clearly you've no paid much attention then since its Jamie Brandon not Brandon Barker, and he's not left yet - he joins at the end of the season.

Think that might be Treasurers point... Its the daily weeg that isnt paying attention. 

28 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

🤤😪😴🤤😪😴

Rick Sanchez
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Amazing how much people can see things differently btw. If we line up with Atkinson next season and they line up with Brandon at right back I'll be delighted.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Can we bring back Gary Glen aswell.

Always wondered what happened to him. Career over in 2017. What a waste. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Always wondered what happened to him. Career over in 2017. What a waste. 

I seen him laying Gas Pipes in Prestonpans about 3 months ago.

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Think that might be Treasurers point... Its the daily weeg that isnt paying attention. 

Unless they've fixed it... 

8B18ED4C-2839-4DBC-A43C-7600477BC9BD.jpeg

Wouldn't put it past them to completely **** up a story though.

Edited by Batistuta87

The Treasurer
30 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Exactly 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm going for 18million. Hopefully we have a sell on %.  🤞

I think higher. £20M 😎

Biffa Bacon
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I could see Lee Wallace coming back as a coach but not a player 

He could take shooting practice, right enough 😄

Leveins Battalion

Could we be in for Matej Rapnik and Branimar Kostadinov.Get tge band back together.What about Dumitreu Copil,free kick expert.

13 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

I think higher. £20M 😎

:arry:

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm going £27.5m just because 

:sweeet:

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

I’ll raise you to £27.75M 😏

:clumshot:

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

😆😆😂😂🤦‍♂️

for **** sake.  The very definition of a modern fullback Atkinson.  Works his ****ing balls off, brave on the ball! Takes chances.. and excellent attacking outlet..  needs to work on the defensive side a bit.

i ****ing despair sometimes 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Why do I have a horrible feeling our sell on fee for Hickey is tiny?

yeah I have that horrible feeling as well.  

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***