• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Callum Paterson is a massive no for me. Would not fit into the way we are trying to play. Fed up of hearing past players. We are moving on from that, unless they are real quality and fit to our system.

Agreed! There is no former player that I want to see back. The club has to move forward. I honestly can't think of any former player that moves us forward. Paterson and Wallace have had their time. They will be fondly remembered but it's time to find new heros. Ones that can make the club some money after a couple of good seasons

Batistuta87
31 minutes ago, Ranga82 said:

Agreed! There is no former player that I want to see back. The club has to move forward. I honestly can't think of any former player that moves us forward. Paterson and Wallace have had their time. They will be fondly remembered but it's time to find new heros. Ones that can make the club some money after a couple of good seasons

👏👏👏

Heartsofgold

I think the South East Asian market (South Korea, Japan & Australia) have some hidden gems and that's where our recruitment focus will/should be.  

Having group stage football will be a draw and we will be having players thrown at us by agents.  Neilson and Savage will need to be careful to get the right players in who are ready to drop straight into a position and be up to speed pretty quick, although I totally trust both of them for this given their generally good performance in this area so far.

RustyRightPeg
44 minutes ago, Ranga82 said:

Well said. Never understood the fascination of getting players back. 

In recent memory, other than Gordon and Berra (for the first season) it hasn’t worked. 

UchesPackage
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

No chance. After better than that.

think that too, but heard a few murmurs

heartsfc_fan
3 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

hullo glen middleton 

Useful player and still young so can develop.

12 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Question hasn’t been whether we can fill the quota, the questions have been whether the club grown is good enough quality and what impact (if any) having spaces taken up by the quotas will have on who we bring in and in particular how many in the summer window.

Think we‘ll be fine.

Gordon, Stewart 

Natty, Smith, Logan

Halks, Sibbick, Kingsley, New CB

New LB (Cochrane), Halliday

Haring, Beni, Devlin, McEneff, New CM

Mckay, Gino, GMS, Smith, New Winger/forward, Forrest (?)

Simms (hopefully), Boyce, Hendo

25 man squad. Quota filled. Good versatility.

No pressure on Logan and C. smith to perform. I like Hendo and think he will do well for us if given a chance. Especially playing with Simms and Mckay! 

Maybe short at CB but Smith can (and i think will) fill in.

Another striker would be nice but hopefully sign a winger/10 who gets goals

Want us to sign quality at CB and CM. At level of Souttar and Beni, if not higher

Edited by R1874

On 02/05/2022 at 09:29, UchesPackage said:

welcome to tynecastle Sam Cosgrove

1 hour ago, UchesPackage said:

hullo glen middleton 

Both of them or a choice between the two : - D

UchesPackage
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Edited by UchesPackage

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don't think he's the full package

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, UchesPackage said:

hullo glen middleton 

Defo no better than GMS or Gino - in fact I'd rather have either of them than Middleton.  Blows cold much more than hot.

Phil D. Corners
4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Callum Paterson is a massive no for me. Would not fit into the way we are trying to play. Fed up of hearing past players. We are moving on from that, unless they are real quality and fit to our system.

Honestly not watched Paterson for a few years, but the Paterson left Hearts was immense in Robbies team. He was great at bounding up the wing,  great at headers at corners for attacking and defending, and getting goals. 

I think he could easily cover the right back, right wing back, and striker positions. Savage is looking at players from championship and top of league one which fits. 

With Smith getting on, I think he would be a great a flexible player in that area with Atkinson. 

If he’s happy with Hearts wage and Robbie wants him I would be happy.  

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

You forgot Harry Cochrane and Kyle Lafferty 

Henderson needs a chance too from Alloa , Liam Smith from Dundee United  and if Callumm Morrison has a good season under the plumber he could get a chance to come back 😂

28 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Defo no better than GMS or Gino - in fact I'd rather have either of them than Middleton.  Blows cold much more than hot.

Forrest and Cook would bring more to Hearts than GMS and Gino offers, Probably save money on wages too. But nether of them would be in our strongest 11 would be good squad players .

35 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don't think he's the full package

I would be staggered if we were interested in either yes

Dick Dastardly
11 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Henderson needs a chance too from Alloa , Liam Smith from Dundee United  and if Callumm Morrison has a good season under the plumber he could get a chance to come back 😂

Joking aside, Hamilton seems to have had an outstanding season at arbroath. Played a lot of games and voted young player of the season. I wonder if he is in with a chance of extending his stay with us and a chance to play

20 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Joking aside, Hamilton seems to have had an outstanding season at arbroath. Played a lot of games and voted young player of the season. I wonder if he is in with a chance of extending his stay with us and a chance to play

I watched him out at Linlithgow a few years ago against Cowdenbeath. He played centre of a 3 Baur and Pektov either side of him. Don’t think he would cut it at CB but might give us another option at RB or CM. He looks like he can get stuck in also he held his own against Kilmarnock few weeks ago.

Rogue Daddy

Apologies if already posted, but I was listening to the 'Perth to Paisley' podcast this morning... and according to them, Euan Henderson, Findlay Pollock and Scott McGill all won their respective 'loan clubs' Young Player of the Season Award. Well done to them all! I wonder if we'll see some of them in a maroon jersey next season... they also said one of them (Scott McGill I think) is going back out on loan for the first half of next season, and immediately into the Senior Squad in January, as he's an exceptional talent and should be fighting for a first team spot.

1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Honestly not watched Paterson for a few years, but the Paterson left Hearts was immense in Robbies team. He was great at bounding up the wing,  great at headers at corners for attacking and defending, and getting goals. 

I think he could easily cover the right back, right wing back, and striker positions. Savage is looking at players from championship and top of league one which fits. 

With Smith getting on, I think he would be a great a flexible player in that area with Atkinson. 

If he’s happy with Hearts wage and Robbie wants him I would be happy.  

So if I understand you correctly, you're touting a player for Hearts that by your own admission you haven't seen play for years. Strange approach. 

CP today is nothing like the player that left Hearts.

2 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Connor Ronan is the alternative option👍🏻

I hope so because he looks a better player to me

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Didn't see this coming!

Good. If the decision wasn’t made by him move on. 

Watching TalkSport at the moment and seeing Dom Ball (ex rangers and Aberdeen) talking about the release of his new book. Watched a fair bit of the championship this year and I think he would be a good option for us. His contract is up. 

3 hours ago, UchesPackage said:

hullo glen middleton 

A winger with 1 goal and zero assists. Magic.

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Would have Ronan over Forrest any day 

Definitely 

13 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Unlike training compensation, solidarity contribution will only be payable upon the international transfer of a player who is already a professional, as a transfer fee is not payable for amateur players. As the solidarity contribution is dependent on the transfer fee, solidarity payments will only be payable if a player is transferred for a fee, prior to the expiry of his employment contract. Another difference from training compensation is that transfers occurring after the season of a player’s 23rd birthday will continue to engage the obligation to pay solidarity contribution.

The calculation of solidarity payments is slightly simpler than the calculation of training compensation. As a starting point, five percent of the transfer fee will be deducted, and divided between the clubs that trained the player between his 12th and 23rd birthday. The training years between the player’s 12th and 16th birthdays are valued at half of the of the value of the subsequent years. If the player is under 23 years old at the time of the transfer, the total solidarity payment will be less than five percent, as the compensation for the remaining years will be deducted. For every year that the player is younger than 23, 0.5% shall be deducted from 5%.

Could be wrong but I think Celtic waived this when they agreed a percentage sell on with us as an alternative to the regulations. Savage and McKinley have both said quite clearly that Celtic would be due nothing further

Ford Prentice
11 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Didn't see this coming!

Agent stalls hoping for more cash. We tell Barry we may look elsewhere. Forrest says to agent WTF. Forrest signs.

Or not - not too fashed either way. about Forrest. Doubt we'll see Ronan here though "sizeable six figure transfer fee" unlikely I'd have thought.

10 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

A winger with 1 goal and zero assists. Magic.

Never happening.

Absolute Scenes

Could we have both please

edit: both Forrest and Ronan. Middleton can eff off to Raith

Edited by Absolute Scenes

bringonthesevco
8 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Agent stalls hoping for more cash. We tell Barry we may look elsewhere. Forrest says to agent WTF. Forrest signs.

Or not - not too fashed either way. about Forrest. Doubt we'll see Ronan here though "sizeable six figure transfer fee" unlikely I'd have thought.

I think its highly likely that we'll pay a decent fee for someone this summer , whether its Ronan or not I dont know but if we want to progress I think we'll start seeing us paying a few decent fees.

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

Connor Ronan is the alternative option👍🏻

If we can reasonably afford the transfer fee Wolves want for Ronan, we should be all over that like a tramp on hot chips. Getting him and RCC or Dhanda on perm deals, or Kayky on loan from Man City (someone said we might be signing a Brazilian on loan if we qualified for UEL) would be incredible business. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Phil D. Corners
21 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

So if I understand you correctly, you're touting a player for Hearts that by your own admission you haven't seen play for years. Strange approach. 

CP today is nothing like the player that left Hearts.

Maybe he’s not the player that left Hearts, but he’s still played regularly at the top end of league 1. I would not expect a player at that level to be past it. 

But if people who watch him say he’s gone then we move on. I still have fond memories of his time with us. 

14 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Could we have both please

edit: both Forrest and Ronan. Middleton can eff off to Raith

Forrest and Ronan would be brilliant business! Ronan more of a midfielder though right? Maybe competition for Boyce as a 10? 

Ronan seems might be a McEneff type (not just cause their Irish!). Probably a 10 or winger but can play CM if needs be 

Also useful incase something happens to Barrie

Edited by R1874

20 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Ronan and RCC would be magic. 

I watched RCC at the recent game at Tynecastle. There is no way he is remotely good enough. 

Dick Dastardly
56 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I watched him out at Linlithgow a few years ago against Cowdenbeath. He played centre of a 3 Baur and Pektov either side of him. Don’t think he would cut it at CB but might give us another option at RB or CM. He looks like he can get stuck in also he held his own against Kilmarnock few weeks ago.

He's been playing cm most of the season with Arbroath. I haven't seen him play but young player of the season shows he must have played well, unless he is the only young player there

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

I watched RCC at the recent game at Tynecastle. There is no way he is remotely good enough. 

hungbo always oops the better to me when I see them play

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

He's been playing cm most of the season with Arbroath. I haven't seen him play but young player of the season shows he must have played well, unless he is the only young player there

Think if a young player out on loan was to break into the first team squad in midfield it would be Scott McGill was on loan to Airdrie.

21 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Maybe he’s not the player that left Hearts, but he’s still played regularly at the top end of league 1. I would not expect a player at that level to be past it. 

But if people who watch him say he’s gone then we move on. I still have fond memories of his time with us. 

Phil,I don't know if you remember but Whelan and Damour did the same so I would not see that in itself as a criterion

Dick Dastardly
36 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Could be wrong but I think Celtic waived this when they agreed a percentage sell on with us as an alternative to the regulations. Savage and McKinley have both said quite clearly that Celtic would be due nothing further

Its an ongoing thing though, i think. Any future international transfer fee would net us a small amount of money from every single player that has come up through our ranks. That might not be many, i would expect most of the Cochranes and Hendersons etc to probably float around the Scottish divisions but we might get a few hundred thousand from Hickey deals in the future, for example

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Think if a young player out on loan was to break into the first team squad in midfield it would be Scott McGill was on loan to Airdrie.

I haven't seen enough of any of them to make any real judgement but he does seem highly rated

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Wilson said:

It’s only one game but you’re right he didn’t look good enough. 

Luckies1874
14 minutes ago, Wilson said:

He didn't impact or contribute much in that match and on that evidence it would be a stretch to say he would improve us. However it would be totally wrong to judge him on that performance alone as they played pretty defensively throughout and his record suggests he is capable of much more. In a better side, surrounded by more talent (and let's hope further signings) he could flourish. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***