*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I can't see Woodburn accepting squad player wages tbh.

Depend on his other options. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Excellent 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Genuinely think that's the deciding factor. Stay up, he's coming back to us, go down and they'll need him themselves. 

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Love your optimism but I don't think we've got any chance of getting him next year, even on loan .

stevie1874
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Young, coaches see him training. 

We’re not really in the position financially to be giving out contracts based on training. He really needs to show up in games which he’s not really done bar a couple. If we’re giving him a contract I hope it’s no more than a year with an option for us. 

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

My only concern with Shankland would be the cost. If we've got to pay £500k as a transfer fee and also got to pay him something like £10k per week, or even just whatever our current highest wage is, to get him, I'm very doubtful that that would represent good value for money, and I'd feel we could probably have got better for that money. If the transfer fee is a bit lower, and if his wage demands are reasonable for someone I'd describe as somewhat unproven at our level, I'd be happy with us signing him, particularly given Robbie has worked with him before. 

All fair comment. I’m sure we won’t be bursting the bank for him. At the same time, Shankland’s bound to know if he comes to us and bangs in the goals his next move could be big money. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

We’re not really in the position financially to be giving out contracts based on training. He really needs to show up in games which he’s not really done bar a couple. If we’re giving him a contract I hope it’s no more than a year with an option for us. 

You what? 

We're not in a position to hand out contracts to young players based on Training and potential? 

Nonsense. 

Of course we are. 

Don't talk pish. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

We need to buy Simms will only make us money give Everton first refusal on a agreed fee this transfer will define us

Bazzas right boot
Just now, pointon said:

We need to buy Simms will only make us money give Everton first refusal on a agreed fee this transfer will define us

You do know that for that to happen Everton and Simms need to agree to it. 

We also want to keep him.

We can't do much more than offer him or Everton terms. 

If they don't agree, **** all we can do about it. 

"transfer will define us" 

****ing hell. 😂😂😂

stevie1874
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You what? 

We're not in a position to hand out contracts to young players based on Training and potential? 

Nonsense. 

Of course we are. 

Don't talk pish. 

Young players showing potential on smaller contracts yes. 
young players who might well be amongst our top earners who have  had numerous chances in first team but show up well in training no thanks. We’re not that flush, rather put money towards others. 

Don’t talk pish ? that’s rich coming from you 🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You do know that for that to happen Everton and Simms need to agree to it. 

We also want to keep him.

We can't do much more than offer him or Everton terms. 

If they don't agree, **** all we can do about it. 

"transfer will define us" 

****ing hell. 😂😂😂

Why do you speak to people in such a sarcastic and disrespectful way all the time it seems really unnecessary 

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Forrest has definitely signed. 

And you know this how?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Young players showing potential on smaller contracts yes. 
young players who might well be amongst our top earners who have  had numerous chances in first team but show up well in training no thanks. We’re not that flush, rather put money towards others. 

Don’t talk pish ? that’s rich coming from you 🤣🤣

You have no idea what terms we will put forward to him. 

You've just made up a load of nonsense to justify a bizzare statement. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

And you know this how?

Friend was at a function with a Livi director last night.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, scottg71 said:

Friend was at a function with a Livi director last night.

Interesting.  Hope its true.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, jr ewing said:

Matt Stevens. Forest Green Rovers anyone?

Is that a football team or an archery tribute group?

Skacelsid

Love Simms to stay, and he seems to buy into us. whether or not its Everton can see him going to even a championship side, who in reality can pay more than us. But I trust Joe Savage will be looking at similar for another loan or a good permanent replacement.  We are an attractive club to sign for now and I am optimistic we will deal well.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Bitton signing is funniest one so far for me.

I had a good chuckle further up at someone saying Shankland would cost us near 10k a week.

17 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Forrest has definitely signed. 

Looking forward to playing with his bro 😉

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Looking forward to playing with his bro 😉

Hope not...made from the same stuff as Souttar.

stevie1874
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You have no idea what terms we will put forward to him. 

You've just made up a load of nonsense to justify a bizzare statement. 

All in your opinion. It’s a forum for discussing all things about Hearts, people have differences of opinions all the time.  Your all over here as though you run the forum no need for the wise cracks. 🤷‍♂️

Batistuta87
33 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Love your optimism but I don't think we've got any chance of getting him next year, even on loan .

Don't see why not. He's a long way off getting into the Everton side while they're in the Premier League so he'll most likely be looking at a loan to the Championship or back to us (or sitting in the stands or occasionally on the bench at Goodison). Considering his wages won't change either way, surely we're the far more attractive option since he'll get to play in Europe with us? 

15 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Is that a football team or an archery tribute group?

Keeping with the Forrest signing. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

All in your opinion. It’s a forum for discussing all things about Hearts, people have differences of opinions all the time.  Your all over here as though you run the forum no need for the wise cracks. 🤷‍♂️

If seeing a player - play and train with you for a entire season isn't a good  basis to offer a contract ( or not) then I really don't know what is. 

It's probably the best situation in which you can evaluate a player before signing him permanently. 

Your statement was bizzare and made no sense. 

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Aye bull.

Souttar knows he’s going to be 4th or 5th choice and will more than happy with that 

Dick Dastardly

David Brooks is out of contract at Bournemouth. Obviously had ill health but seems hopeful of being back playing soon. No mention of Bournemouth giving him an extension but even if they did, a loan spell could help him get back to full fitness. A very highly rated player

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don't see why not. He's a long way off getting into the Everton side while they're in the Premier League so he'll most likely be looking at a loan to the Championship or back to us (or sitting in the stands or occasionally on the bench at Goodison). Considering his wages won't change either way, surely we're the far more attractive option since he'll get to play in Europe with us? 

If Everton give him the choice surely a good second year and maybe some goals in Europe would seriously widen his options for his next move. Definitely better than a half decent year in the lower half of the championship 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay Bazza fair enough sorry I said any thing

No need to be sorry. 

👍

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

David Brooks is out of contract at Bournemouth. Obviously had ill health but seems hopeful of being back playing soon. No mention of Bournemouth giving him an extension but even if they did, a loan spell could help him get back to full fitness. A very highly rated player

21 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Matt Stevens. Forest Green Rovers anyone?

I like random names like this. 

Batistuta87 lad is good at that as well. 

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Very good shout. Just got the all clear, will be keen to prove something.  Was very well thought of before his diagnosis. 

InternationalJambo

Shankland is a goer but ONLY IF it works out for everyone involved in the deal. Forrest as I said at the start of last month was a done deal by the end of April. A lot of the name posted by other reliable posters are on the right track. 

I said it once, I’ll say it again. 

This is only the beginning. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

28 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Bitton signing is funniest one so far for me.

If Haring doesnt re-sign Bitton wouldnt be a bad replacement as a midfield squad player - keep him away from defence though....

Edited by Jammy T

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I think we might be in for more than one Celtic player in the summer

I'd take that Soro if Celtic were looking to offload him, he has bags of energy and would be a decent alternative while Beni is out.

Dick Dastardly
15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I like random names like this. 

Batistuta87 lad is good at that as well. 

13 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Very good shout. Just got the all clear, will be keen to prove something.  Was very well thought of before his diagnosis. 

Definitely not in the know! I was just reading about him and thought he could do a job. Even if it was on a year or 2 year contract. We could give him european football to showcase his talents and prove his fitness. Not as much of a gamble as Aidy White anyway. 

Dick Dastardly
7 minutes ago, andrew said:

I'd take that Soro if Celtic were looking to offload him, he has bags of energy and would be a decent alternative while Beni is out.

Have hibs not got a song about him? 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Have hibs not got a song about him? 

😆😆😆😆

JimmyCant
13 minutes ago, andrew said:

Bolingoli is another one they’ll want rid of but too big a gamble for us I’d have thought

Edited by JimmyCant

Dick Dastardly
12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Bolingoli is another one they’ll want rid of but too big a gamble for us I’d have thought

What about Dembele? He hasn't quite made the breakthrough everyone expected and maybe needs a new home. Out of contract and could be worth a punt

Batistuta87
13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Don't know what his outlook is long term but my guess is that they'll offer to extend his contract either way and let him try to get back to fitness. They'll support him either way.

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What about Dembele? He hasn't quite made the breakthrough everyone expected and maybe needs a new home. Out of contract and could be worth a punt

The development fee will probably be massive.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Young, coaches see him training. 

The thing that worries me reading that is I'm sure there was always loads of talk about what Craig Wighton was like in training, supposedly he was outstanding, showed fantastic skills, deadly finishing, etc, and it was just a case of waiting till it started to click for him in a match situation. It never has done, really, hence him being at Arbroath!  A repeat of that with Woodburn wouldn't be great! 

JimmyCant
11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Scott Sinclair is a free agent too (but he is 33 now)

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The thing that worries me reading that is I'm sure there was always loads of talk about what Craig Wighton was like in training, supposedly he was outstanding, showed fantastic skills, deadly finishing, etc, and it was just a case of waiting till it started to click for him in a match situation. It never has done, really, hence him being at Arbroath!  A repeat of that with Woodburn wouldn't be great! 

It wouldn't.

But we can't just give up on every player we se with potential because of Wighton or who ever.

jamboinglasgow

One confirmed to be off in the summer, Jamie Walker has signed a 2 year deal with Bradford

Dick Dastardly
13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don't know what his outlook is long term but my guess is that they'll offer to extend his contract either way and let him try to get back to fitness. They'll support him either way.

Yeah you're probably right. It was more a hopeful name than a serious one

Dick Dastardly
13 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

The development fee will probably be massive.

I hadn't even thought of that. What would make it a massive fee? I don't think he has played many 1st team games. I'm not sure what the fee is based on

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

One confirmed to be off in the summer, Jamie Walker has signed a 2 year deal with Bradford

Happy days. Good luck to him.

Dick Dastardly
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Scott Sinclair is a free agent too (but he is 33 now)

I'd take his mrs

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***