*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Agree with Taffin about this weird almost OCD obsession with getting annoyed when a discussion breaks out on a tangent that was based on a relevant point to the topic 

Can’t see us singing any England internationals to be honest!

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Damn.  Yes you are right. So Villa got any players they don't want?????

Tyrone Mings... :lol: 

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He definitely has something. But I’m just saying he’s yet to do anything that would suggest he would be the excellent bit of business some say he would be. Because he’s not an U23 player is exactly why he’s on Wolves’ bench right now. Because they don’t have a youngster currently at the club who’s better than him. He can’t play with the U23 team (I think) so he trains with the first team until another club can be found for him. All I’m saying is being on the bench for Wolves just means the manager has looked at his squad and needs 20 players, 11 for the pitch and 9 for the bench. With injuries, suspensions and signings not made yet, he gets a place because he’s there. There’s a difference between whether a player is on the books from a young age and whether a team would buy him at 24 at his current level. That’s the question you should ask. If the answer is no, then getting excited because he made their bench isn’t exactly logical.

I wasn’t getting excited at all.  He had a good season last year at St.Mirren and has broken into the RoI national squad.  His current manager has had the chance to let him go in the summer but wanted to see him for himself in pre-season and early season. The fact that he is still there can be down to many things, including some of what you mention. Could also be that he will stay in the squad if they can’t sign better, who knows.  The fact that he is training everyday with an epl squad backed up by his success in Scotland does suggest he would have something to offer at our level. His age is also a potential benefit as he clearly has been working his at through the ranks at Molineaux and has also had some decent loan experience, even 30 games for our Thursday opposition’s local rivals. Covid undoubtedly held him back at a critical time in his career. Think he would be worth the risk. 

1 minute ago, Andyp1874 said:

Can’t see us singing any England internationals to be honest!

No me neither but that was not what people were saying

The discussion just took a small diversion after a relevant post left an interesting discussion point lingering

I could under stand if there was some thing really relevant to discuss but there is **** all happening and the post that prompted the discussion was relevant 

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Devlin slowly becoming the latest boo boy it seems.

Improves our tempo and possession in terms of winning it back high up the park  Added an assist on Saturday. Not sure what people expect. 

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Devlin slowly becoming the latest boo boy it seems.

What ???

I did skip a few pages but any one who can not see what he brings to our team genuinely is clueless and I never normally use that phrase

Devlin is a great wee player

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

What ???

I did skip a few pages but any one who can not see what he brings to our team genuinely is clueless and I never normally use that phrase

He’ll not become a boo boy target. Fans love his level of commitment. 

1 minute ago, bistokid said:

Improves our tempo and possession in terms of winning it back high up the park  Added an assist on Saturday. Not sure what people expect. 

Just now, Sooks said:

What ???

Bingo, have to ask what people are thinking, he adds a drive, an energy and a bit of niggle that we have been missing for years, not up to match sharpness yet and still did so much on Sunday 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

What ???

Devlin demands the ball no matter if things aren’t coming off for him. No matter what some fans think I bet the players love when he is playing, allows them to play.

Great wee player 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If he cuts out the needless freekicks and bookings I agree. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

7 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Bingo, have to ask what people are thinking, he adds a drive, an energy and a bit of niggle that we have been missing for years, not up to match sharpness yet and still did so much on Sunday 

6 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Devlin demands the ball no matter if things aren’t coming off for him. No matter what some fans think I bet the players love when he is playing, allows them to play.

Great wee player 

If any one is ever in any doubt about what he brings then just watch a game of his for us that you have recorded after you have enjoyed the game , but then just watch him

He does not stop moving he is always trying to get in to space to receive a pass and his first instinct is always to drive forwards or find a Hearts man in a more advanced position

When he does not have the ball he positions himself with in range of the next opposition player who is likely to receive it and he goes I. To win it from them

that big use less huddy Edwards has him rattling around in his head 24 - 7 and it is glorious to watch

2 hours ago, Forrest said:

Devlin set up Shankland's goal inside a minute.  Admittedly it wasn't a forward pass, but still...

As an aside, I brought a neutral friends to Tynie last season.  He came away calling our midfield maestro Backpass Beni. 

That's where our problem lies. Both Beni & Devlin sometimes lack that killer pass in my view. Both do a great job, but both play it safe & simple,  normally taking it from our defenders deep in our own half. I appreciate both of their abilities to break up play,  and especially Beni's composure on the ball & Devlin's workrate, but looking at Devlin's part in the 1st goal,  that's what he needs to do more of. He made a great one touch pass,  carried on his run to receive a pass in their box and tee'd it up for Shankland on a plate. We need more of that from our midfield,  not just Devlin. Grant's technically sound & appears to see & play the kind of pass that when it comes off,  instantly turns possession into attack. It was an excellent goal all round,  Halkett's pass, Devlin' s touch & support, Boyce's perfectly placed pass and Shankland just being Shankland. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, alanjambo said:

Good player once, especially at Derby. I'm not sure he's kicked a ball for a while though.

Professor Andy Williams – who has helped treat the likes of Michael Owen, Theo Walcott, John Terry, Lawrence Dallaglio, Andrew Flintoff and Shoaib Akhtar – has been surprised by his progress, with Vydra thought to be around a month ahead of schedule, as he targets a return around the turn of the year.

2 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Apparently he has a bad bug and out of Thursday. Hoping it’s pish 

He was at that university heat room thing so doubt he had a bug

Just a thought, but the calibre of loan player that we would be able to attract, may significantly increase if we were to beat Zurich.

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

According to who?

Some wee ***** on twitter. He's saying banderson is reporting the same but cannot see that anywhere 

I listened to Eddie Howe’s presser last Friday on Sky and he stated they would be deciding this week who will possibly be going out on loan.

Didn’t mention any names

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Since Prince William supports Burnley and Hearts - maybe he can arrange the deal.

Be easier for him to just order this when he is King.

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Aston Villa

Proper David Cameron type confusion!  😁

7 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

If that's true I will be "watching" the match from behind the sofa! Time for Stewart to have the game of his life!! 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I listened to Eddie Howe’s presser last Friday on Sky and he stated they would be deciding this week who will possibly be going out on loan.

Didn’t mention any names

People need to move on from Anderson.  He is way out our reach. 

lost in space
2 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

If that's true I will be "watching" the match from behind the sofa! Time for Stewart to have the game of his life!! 

The game of "his" life would still be garbage. He would the "game of a goalkeepers life".

Ricardo Quaresma

Have I just entered the ******* twilight zone?

People slagging Devlin, Gordon ill?

Has someone merged the wrong thread with this one?

What's going on?

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Have I just entered the ******* twilight zone?

People slagging Devlin, Gordon ill?

Has someone merged the wrong thread with this one?

What's going on?

Twilight zone mate.

13 minutes ago, bazman said:

He was at that university heat room thing so doubt he had a bug

That’s very probably where he got the bug if this is true

11 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Some wee ***** on twitter. He's saying banderson is reporting the same but cannot see that anywhere 

Do not believe everything you read on the internet.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Wonder if Gilmour is one of them?

No he’s not . Perisic (loan), Hudson-Odoi, Broja and Gallagher. 

Wonder if Gilmour is one 

Edited by Wilson
Sorry double post

Wonder if Gilmour is one of them? 

No he’s not . Perisic (loan), Hudson-Odoi, Broja and Gallagher. 

BackOfTheNet

I wasn’t getting excited at all.  He had a good season last year at St.Mirren and has broken into the RoI national squad.  His current manager has had the chance to let him go in the summer but wanted to see him for himself in pre-season and early season. The fact that he is still there can be down to many things, including some of what you mention. Could also be that he will stay in the squad if they can’t sign better, who knows.  The fact that he is training everyday with an epl squad backed up by his success in Scotland does suggest he would have something to offer at our level. His age is also a potential benefit as he clearly has been working his at through the ranks at Molineaux and has also had some decent loan experience, even 30 games for our Thursday opposition’s local rivals. Covid undoubtedly held him back at a critical time in his career. Think he would be worth the risk. 

Nothing there I would disagree with. But people are getting excited and over-egging his credentials. If that’s not you, then you’re not who my posts are directed at. Just to reiterate, I’m not against him signing - in fact I’m for it (under the right finances) - but people saying he would be a signing better than what we have already done this summer, I can’t say I agree with that. Would be just in line with our business so far. Which is not a bad thing, by the way.

4 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Do not believe everything you read on the internet.

I absolutely don't. That's why I referred to the kid as some wee ***** 😂

31 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

It’s a wee slaver on Twitter slavering. It’s pish.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
43 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

That's where our problem lies. Both Beni & Devlin sometimes lack that killer pass in my view. Both do a great job, but both play it safe & simple,  normally taking it from our defenders deep in our own half. I appreciate both of their abilities to break up play,  and especially Beni's composure on the ball & Devlin's workrate, but looking at Devlin's part in the 1st goal,  that's what he needs to do more of. He made a great one touch pass,  carried on his run to receive a pass in their box and tee'd it up for Shankland on a plate. We need more of that from our midfield,  not just Devlin. Grant's technically sound & appears to see & play the kind of pass that when it comes off,  instantly turns possession into attack. It was an excellent goal all round,  Halkett's pass, Devlin' s touch & support, Boyce's perfectly placed pass and Shankland just being Shankland. 

All players sometimes lack the killer pass (including McKay)

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

It’s a wee slaver on Twitter slavering. It’s pish.

The few seconds of absolute fear folk felt when they read that is reason enough to sign a better number 2 for Gordon. 

The length of time it's taking to get business done might suggest we're dealing with an EPL club who are finalising their squad.

More than likely Ronan will move on from Wolves. Had experience of the Scottish game. Would seem to be a logical move if it can be done. Pretty sure Robbie has stated he's a player he likes. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

The few seconds of absolute fear folk felt when they read that is reason enough to sign a better number 2 for Gordon. 

Absolutely. A competent number 2 is all we are asking for. Utter madness to keep Stewart in that role. But I’m not wanting to open that can of worms again! 

Just now, MattyK82 said:

Absolutely. A competent number 2 is all we are asking for. Utter madness to keep Stewart in that role. But I’m not wanting to open that can of worms again! 

IMO We're playing a seriously dangerous game. Anything happens to Gordon and our season goes by the wayside. Poppadom hands is a cautionary tale about just how important it is to have a good reliable and experienced keeper between the sticks. Having a trio of Bobby, Doyle, and Pereira was horrendous and I think the same level of fear and panic Pereira inspired in his own defence would be true of Ross Stewart too. Any mistake = goal. Any shot on goal = goal. 

Cannot afford to make that mistake again, especially with an almost guaranteed £3m+ in prize money to scoop up from Europe each season for finishing 3rd (provided no one below us wins the scottish cup).

1 minute ago, OTT said:

IMO We're playing a seriously dangerous game. Anything happens to Gordon and our season goes by the wayside. Poppadom hands is a cautionary tale about just how important it is to have a good reliable and experienced keeper between the sticks. Having a trio of Bobby, Doyle, and Pereira was horrendous and I think the same level of fear and panic Pereira inspired in his own defence would be true of Ross Stewart too. Any mistake = goal. Any shot on goal = goal. 

Cannot afford to make that mistake again, especially with an almost guaranteed £3m+ in prize money to scoop up from Europe each season for finishing 3rd (provided no one below us wins the scottish cup).

Don't think Ross Stewart is as bad as folk are making out. Iv barely seen him play. Do all you guys go to training or something? Give him a run of 3-5 games he'd be OK. Not as good as Gordon. No decent keeper will sign anyways. They know they won't be able to get game with Gordon fit. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***