*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Just now, OTT said:

IMO We're playing a seriously dangerous game. Anything happens to Gordon and our season goes by the wayside. Poppadom hands is a cautionary tale about just how important it is to have a good reliable and experienced keeper between the sticks. Having a trio of Bobby, Doyle, and Pereira was horrendous and I think the same level of fear and panic Pereira inspired in his own defence would be true of Ross Stewart too. Any mistake = goal. Any shot on goal = goal. 

Cannot afford to make that mistake again, especially with an almost guaranteed £3m+ in prize money to scoop up from Europe each season for finishing 3rd (provided no one below us wins the scottish cup).

Completely agree.

Just have to hope RN, JS & co also agree 🤞🏼 (Despite nothing they’ve said thus far in the media indicating as much).

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

IMO We're playing a seriously dangerous game. Anything happens to Gordon and our season goes by the wayside. Poppadom hands is a cautionary tale about just how important it is to have a good reliable and experienced keeper between the sticks. Having a trio of Bobby, Doyle, and Pereira was horrendous and I think the same level of fear and panic Pereira inspired in his own defence would be true of Ross Stewart too. Any mistake = goal. Any shot on goal = goal. 

Cannot afford to make that mistake again, especially with an almost guaranteed £3m+ in prize money to scoop up from Europe each season for finishing 3rd (provided no one below us wins the scottish cup).

Would imagine there will always be out of contract keepers available.  Our challenge is signing a decent deputy keeper who would cost a lot if decent, but would also want a bit extra knowing he was coming to sit on the bench. Might hardly play any first team football for two/three years. 

Just now, jambo_4_eva said:

Don't think Ross Stewart is as bad as folk are making out. Iv barely seen him play. Do all you guys go to training or something? Give him a run of 3-5 games he'd be OK. Not as good as Gordon. No decent keeper will sign anyways. They know they won't be able to get game with Gordon fit. 

He’s dreadful. He was Livingston’s 3rd choice for a reason.

His goal to game ratio is worse than Peirrera. And you recall how dreadful he was.

lost in space
41 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Proper David Cameron type confusion!  😁

Yes but we have nothing else in common. Too many claret and amber strips down there.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Don't think Ross Stewart is as bad as folk are making out. Iv barely seen him play. Do all you guys go to training or something? Give him a run of 3-5 games he'd be OK. Not as good as Gordon. No decent keeper will sign anyways. They know they won't be able to get game with Gordon fit. 

We’ve seen him play he’s absolutely ****ing useless, why oils you question something you have no idea about 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽?

3 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

He absolutely is as bad as people state. Dreadful goalkeeper. CG is a difficult one to play second fiddle to. But Stewart is horrendous. Literally everything on target is a goal. Always seems to concede an early goal which can't help.

7 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

So you’ve barely seen him play but think he’d be ok? Based on what?

2 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Sorry, but Livi's 3rd choice keeper may have been a passable option in the Championship where even if we need need him we're dominating anyway so the impact of his lack of ability wouldn't be that bad. Where as at this level where most games are fine margins he would have us dropping points every week. 

You do not need to go to training to see that. Whenever he's been called on, we've leaked goals like nobodys business. I think he's conceded in successive games within the first 5 minutes. 

I've said before, we should try and get Jamie MacDonald in. Cheap and cheerful signing who isn't going to shit the bed whenever he's called on. 

1 hour ago, bistokid said:

Improves our tempo and possession in terms of winning it back high up the park  Added an assist on Saturday. Not sure what people expect. 

I think folk expect every midfielder to be a free scoring dynamo.The lad can't finish but he gets up and down the park brilliant is good in the tackle and constantly in the opposition's face and also pops up with assists or in the build up to scoring chances a lot.

As you said what do some people expect.

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

He absolutely is as bad as people state. Dreadful goalkeeper. CG is a difficult one to play second fiddle to. But Stewart is horrendous. Literally everything on target is a goal. Always seems to concede an early goal which can't help.

He is a bag of nerves and once a keeper loses that it's very hard to make it back.

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not even listed in Chelsea’s epl squad for this season. Ronan currently in an epl first team squad and on the bench first games. Norwich didn’t want him for their championship promotion bid despite being offered him. 
Gilmour isn’t  wanted by Everton , Chelsea are offering him to Everton as a makeweight cash alternative in their attempt to sign an Everton players. Chelsea have to release lots of players in next two weeks. 
Gilmour has had one good game for Scotland imo and has been very disappointing in last few appearances.  Ronan is about to break into RoI first eleven, been in most recent squads. 

Gilmour looks, at the moment, very much in the Ryan Gauld mode, mostly hype. 

- Ronan is filling a bench for Wolves until they get bodies in. That's it. He's literally never played for them in the Premier League and probably never will. A bit-part role for EPL relegation fodder like Norwich is something he can only dream of, let alone getting games for Chelsea.

- I'm going to need a source for "Gilmour was offered to Norwich" as that seems like bollocks. The loan very clearly didn't work out, none of the parties would want it, and it was largely arranged in the first place because of Farke who is long gone.

- The reports I've seen suggest it's Everton pitching the Gilmour transfer, which makes sense because Lampard clearly rated him in his time at Chelsea. Do you have a source that says otherwise?

- My opinion, having attended most home games and watched closely, is that Gilmour has had several good games for Scotland, particularly in the unbeaten run in late 2021. In the June matches he looked jaded, perhaps affected by his club form. Hickey, while we're at it, was very poor in his one appearance.

- There's nothing to suggest Ronan is about to break into the Ireland first XI given he has yet to make a single appearance for them. Their squad is deeply mediocre just now, so getting into it is not much to shout about anyway.

- Ryan Gauld played a few games for Dundee United and then farted around the Portuguese second tier for years, getting nowhere near EPL level or the national team. No comparison whatsoever.

Gilmour might not fulfill his apparent potential of a year ago but that doesn't make him comparable to players who have never played at any of the levels he has and almost certainly never will.

Oh, and I think Ronan would be a very good signing for us.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Would imagine there will always be out of contract keepers available.  Our challenge is signing a decent deputy keeper who would cost a lot if decent, but would also want a bit extra knowing he was coming to sit on the bench. Might hardly play any first team football for two/three years. 

It is a difficult one, but there are options. Jamie MacDonald would be available for a pennies. We could sign Jack Hamilton for free now too. I don't particularly want Jack Hamilton, but in terms of Scottish free agents, he's realistic. 

If we sit on our hands we'll pay for it. Absolutely 100% need to get this number 2 problem sorted before it costs us because the down side is massive. 

Like you say, the challenge is signing someone decent, Jamie Mac ticks all the boxes for me. Solid as they come shot stopper, old enough to be looking towards retirement and what he does next, knows the club inside out and isn't going to be intimidated by the stadium or fans expectations. No one that is going to get anyone out their seat is going to sign for the reasons you state, so going for a tried and tested option makes the most sense. 

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I think folk expect every midfielder to be a free scoring dynamo.The lad can't finish but he gets up and down the park brilliant is good in the tackle and constantly in the opposition's face and also pops up with assists or in the build up to scoring chances a lot.

As you said what do some people expect.

Devlin presses the ball anywhere and can still get back.  You see him sometimes in the number 9 position closing down central defenders when he sees the chance to. 

It’s this level of workrate and athleticism that needs to become our standard going forward. Aye, we need more football but that’s where balance comes in and how the manager builds the team. 

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He is a bag of nerves and once a keeper loses that it's very hard to make it back.

Always looked nervous. Nowhere near good enough for Hearts. Asking for problems operating with a reserve keeper of that standard.

6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

- Ronan is filling a bench for Wolves until they get bodies in. That's it. He's literally never played for them in the Premier League and probably never will. A bit-part role for EPL relegation fodder like Norwich is something he can only dream of, let alone getting games for Chelsea.

- I'm going to need a source for "Gilmour was offered to Norwich" as that seems like bollocks. The loan very clearly didn't work out, none of the parties would want it, and it was largely arranged in the first place because of Farke who is long gone.

- The reports I've seen suggest it's Everton pitching the Gilmour transfer, which makes sense because Lampard clearly rated him in his time at Chelsea. Do you have a source that says otherwise?

- My opinion, having attended most home games and watched closely, is that Gilmour has had several good games for Scotland, particularly in the unbeaten run in late 2021. In the June matches he looked jaded, perhaps affected by his club form. Hickey, while we're at it, was very poor in his one appearance.

- There's nothing to suggest Ronan is about to break into the Ireland first XI given he has yet to make a single appearance for them. Their squad is deeply mediocre just now, so getting into it is not much to shout about anyway.

- Ryan Gauld played a few games for Dundee United and then farted around the Portuguese second tier for years, getting nowhere near EPL level or the national team. No comparison whatsoever.

Gilmour might not fulfill his apparent potential of a year ago but that doesn't make him comparable to players who have never played at any of the levels he has and almost certainly never will.

Think on almost all your points it’s a case of wait and see, including your last point. Everton just turned down a straight cash offer of £45m.  Suspect if they thought Everton were interested in Gilmour he would have been part of their offer. I could come back on most of your other points but i won’t.  

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Devlin presses the ball anywhere and can still get back.  You see him sometimes in the number 9 position closing down central defenders when he sees the chance to. 

It’s this level of workrate and athleticism that needs to become our standard going forward. Aye, we need more football but that’s where balance comes in and how the manager builds the team. 

Agreed 👍

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

It is a difficult one, but there are options. Jamie MacDonald would be available for a pennies. We could sign Jack Hamilton for free now too. I don't particularly want Jack Hamilton, but in terms of Scottish free agents, he's realistic. 

If we sit on our hands we'll pay for it. Absolutely 100% need to get this number 2 problem sorted before it costs us because the down side is massive. 

Like you say, the challenge is signing someone decent, Jamie Mac ticks all the boxes for me. Solid as they come shot stopper, old enough to be looking towards retirement and what he does next, knows the club inside out and isn't going to be intimidated by the stadium or fans expectations. No one that is going to get anyone out their seat is going to sign for the reasons you state, so going for a tried and tested option makes the most sense. 

He wouldn’t want to spend his few remaining playing years sitting on the bench.  Unless we paid him a lot of money to do it.  Even then, if he doesn’t play first team football for 6/9 months then gets called into action not sure he would be any sharper than Stewart or Stone. 

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Always looked nervous. Nowhere near good enough for Hearts. Asking for problems operating with a reserve keeper of that standard.

It does baffle me we gave him deal.Was it not only 1 year ( or was he on loan ) then we gave him a two or three year deal.

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

People need to move on from Anderson.  He is way out our reach. 

As I said, he didn’t mention any names and nor did I.

Until the club say they are interested in him, I wouldn’t lose any sleep

17 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Can they play in goal?

Just now, soonbe110 said:

He wouldn’t want to spend his few remaining playing years sitting on the bench.  Unless we paid him a lot of money to do it.  Even then, if he doesn’t play first team football for 6/9 months then gets called into action not sure he would be any sharper than Stewart or Stone. 

Whats a lot of money? (roughly speaking) Odds are we could double his salary and it would still be comfortably below our average wage. 

For the sake of having the confidence of knowing Ross Stewart won't be taking to the field again I think thats a price worth paying. Theres certain non-pay related benefits like coaching and stuff which might interest him too. I get that with how little is left of his career, he may fancy playing a bit longer, but modern football, money seems to trump all. Being part of a high performing squad might interest him too. 

I sort of disagree, his ability level is a lot higher than Stewart and he has much more experience than both. Its true he might be rusty, but we're not signing a player who is as good as or even half as good as Gordon is. We're signing someone who can lean on their experience when needed. He'll still be training every day with the team etc. 

33 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

He’s dreadful. He was Livingston’s 3rd choice for a reason.

His goal to game ratio is worse than Peirrera. And you recall how dreadful he was.

Ross Stewart has only played 5 games for us over 2 seasons. 

Pirrrera played 23 games in 4 months or something. I have some trust in neilson and savage that they must see him train. If he's as bad as folk say surely we wouldn't have gave him a deal. 

Don't think we should waste 300k- 400k to get a player that simply is very unlikely to play. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Wilson said:

No he’s not . Perisic (loan), Hudson-Odoi, Broja and Gallagher. 

They won’t be loaning out Spurs players 😜?

34 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So you’ve barely seen him play but think he’d be ok? Based on what?

Could say the same to you? How do you know hes so bad after only 5 games for the club spread over 2 years. I trust our manager and savage. 

Bazzas right boot

Get Ronan signed,  get the Korean lad signed. 

We'll then pick up a second choice gk on a free. 

Naisys Tackle
49 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Parody account imo.

10 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Pirrrera played 23 games in 4 months or something. I have some trust in neilson and savage that they must see him train. If he's as bad as folk say surely we wouldn't have gave him a deal. 

Don't think we should waste 300k- 400k to get a player that simply is very unlikely to play. 

A £1 would get a better keeper. 

9 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Wtf are you on

No one here wants to spend a transfer fee on a GK. But we sign a more reliable on than Stewart.

Some of the goals he has lost are horrific.

Will I help if I put a compilation video for you? 

Naisys Tackle

Could it be we are waiting on seeing what level of European competition we will be in before getting deals to a higher standard if we make the Europa League or is that too simplistic?

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Wtf are you on

No one here wants to spend a transfer fee on a GK. But we sign a more reliable on than Stewart.

Never Said a transfer fee 3-5k a week which you guys are suggesting is 300k-400k over 2 years. 

Edited by jambo_4_eva

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Wtf are you on

Wouldnt mind spending a few quid on Kelly at Motherwell tbh.  Zander Clarke on a free also. 

Naisys Tackle
21 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

As I said, he didn’t mention any names and nor did I.

Until the club say they are interested in him, I wouldn’t lose any sleep

Even if we are interested theres no chance of him coming north. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Barack said:

What's happening then, folks?

We've signed a 16 year old centre back, thats about all that has happened today (and I include news on incoming/outcoming players.)

10 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Never Said a transfer fee 3-5k a week which you guys are suggesting is 300k-400k over 2 years. 

Got you.

There will very few on here wanting to pay those salaries on a back up.

But all are unison in the fact that Stewart is hopeless. A more reliable, low cost back is all we ask for.

46 minutes ago, bazman said:

Jamie MacDonald isn't going to want to come and just sit on the bench. He's playing regularly at raith 

For triple his wages you bet your life he would

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Devlin slowly becoming the latest boo boy it seems.

It’s absolutely bizarre when he is so fundamental to how we play. 

Seems to be a proxy for having a go at Neilson. 

Ryan Hardie is into the last year of his deal. Wonder if he'd be worth looking at for a forward option?

Scoring plenty of goals for Plymouth. 

18 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Wouldnt mind spending a few quid on Kelly at Motherwell tbh.  Zander Clarke on a free also. 

The young laddie McCrory at Newco looks like a prospect. Behind McLaughlan and McGregor at the moment and would be a good understudy for Gordon. 

15 minutes ago, Barack said:

What's happening then, folks?

Devlins shite. Ronan is Messi. Gilmours shite. Stewart is still shite. Gordon has a bug and won’t play Thursday (naw he disnae)

No one has left. No one has signed. Even the rumour mongers have given up

Same time tomorrow?

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

Devlin adds energy to our play. Something we have been after for years.

Thought he had a decent game at the weekend.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***