*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Firefox said:

The young laddie McCrory at Newco looks like a prospect. Behind McLaughlan and McGregor at the moment and would be a good understudy for Gordon. 

Defo.  But there would be a fee to Rangers and then match the wage.  Mentioned Joe Lewis a few times, cant be happy being bumped as sheep captain and benched, could probably get him on the cheap. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They won’t be loaning out Spurs players 😜?

Glad someone's awake! Pulisic.

49 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Could say the same to you? How do you know hes so bad after only 5 games for the club spread over 2 years. I trust our manager and savage. 

You could, except I never commented on his ability. You did though, so once again, your opinion is based on what?

You’re good at asking questions so answer one for a change. 

22 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Thought he had a decent game at the weekend.

Was a bit rusty but his energy makes a big difference to the team. 

49 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Ross Stewart has only played 5 games for us over 2 seasons. 

He's played 6, and in that 6 we've lost 4 and conceded 12. He made clear mistakes in defeats to Brora, Queen of the South,St Johnstone and Motherwell. He is a bag of jaggies every time he plays and is incapable of coming in and being solid. 

I really hate having a go at guys who do their best, but he's not good enough to even be a backup at a club like Hearts.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
45 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Could it be we are waiting on seeing what level of European competition we will be in before getting deals to a higher standard if we make the Europa League or is that too simplistic?

Yes.

We aren’t going to base a signing, and nobody is going to sign for us, on the basis of 8 games.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
25 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Devlin adds energy to our play. Something we have been after for years.

And something people moan that we don’t have enough of…

Anyway the Devlin chat has been overstated. Devlin was a lot of people’s man of the match at the weekend and none of our other DMs would have assisted that first goal.

Cammy Devlin disrupted opposition moves and won possession 50% more often per game last year than N’Golo Kante. 

He had better passing accuracy than Bruno Fernandes. 

This is in his debut season whilst carrying an injury for a chunk of it. 

He’s one of our best players and we are very lucky to have him. 

Edited by CMc

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

He's played 6, and in that 6 we've lost 4 and conceded 12. He made clear mistakes in defeats to Brora, Queen of the South,St Johnstone and Motherwell. He is a bag of jaggies every time he plays and is incapable of coming in and being solid. 

I really hate having a go at guys who do their best, but he's not good enough to even be a backup at a club like Hearts.

There is something bizarre re him being anywhere near us, can't understand what Robbie is playing at...his agent had a go at me on twitter a year or so ago, was truly weird...we are playing a silly unnecessary game here re CG's fitness...one dirty challenge away from him being out and literally our strongest asset position wise turning into our weakest...the drop off is too much...I wince when CG kicks the ball for fear of his hammy going or something 🥴😕

It's obvious we ain't adding to this position, I just don't know why, as he literally costs us goals and looks like a rabbit in the headlights playing for us 😥😢

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yes.

We aren’t going to base a signing, and nobody is going to sign for us, on the basis of 8 games.

The attraction of the Europa League Group stages is a lot more than the Conference.  Especially for loan players or player looking to play at the upcoming World Cup.

It may be 8 games but they will be massive games against a massive standard of club probably and it lasts basically half the season.  

49 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

We've signed a 16 year old centre back, thats about all that has happened today (and I include news on incoming/outcoming players.)

That's alright. Aaron Hickey probably signed on the quiet. 

🙂

Dick Dastardly

Maybe we are waiting to see who we get in the groups before we loan players in case we loan them and can't play them in games against their parent clubs

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Glad someone's awake! Pulisic.

Good player, never fit though. One of the many players Chelsea loan out now. 

Horatio Caine
18 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Welcome to the famous Cammy Devlin! All the best!! 

Is it still raining in Peebles?

Ricardo Quaresma
24 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Is it still raining in Peebles?

Think it’s raining in the twilight zone

KyleLafferty
58 minutes ago, CMc said:

Cammy Devlin disrupted opposition moves and won possession 50% more often per game last year than N’Golo Kante. 

He had better passing accuracy than Bruno Fernandes. 

This is in his debut season whilst carrying an injury for a chunk of it. 

He’s one of our best players and we are very lucky to have him. 

Why on earth are you using kante and fernandes in your comparison 😂

40 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Some Dundee fans saying we are in for Josh Mulligan and that he has rejected a new deal with them.

Maybe more one for the future, or as a squad option, but he seems to have quite a lot of potential. Quite happy to target guys like this. Kind of the same sort of profile as Neilson.

51 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Because making the most tackles per game in the SPL doesn’t seem to be enough for some people so illustrating it a different way. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

It's either for illustrative purposes to show how effective he's been compared to top players who are lauded for the same qualities, or he's saying that Cammy's better than both of them combined and worth tens of millions.

It's a toughie!

Edited by Smithee

Jack Torrance
3 hours ago, Barack said:

What's happening then, folks?

We're interested in a thirty year old, diabetic player who's at risk of myocardial infarctions....

36 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

We're interested in a thirty year old, diabetic player who's at risk of myocardial infarctions....

A keeper 👏 

57 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's either for illustrative purposes to show how effective he's been compared to top players who are lauded for the same qualities, or he's saying that Cammy's better than both of them combined and worth tens of millions.

It's a toughie!

😂

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good player, never fit though. One of the many players Chelsea loan out now. 

Pulisic isn’t on loan anywhere. He came on against Spurs.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

A keeper 👏 

At this rate, someone will post on Twitter that Billy The Fish is signing for us from Fulchester and someone will believe it!

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Defo.  But there would be a fee to Rangers and then match the wage.  Mentioned Joe Lewis a few times, cant be happy being bumped as sheep captain and benched, could probably get him on the cheap. 

Thought Lewis' form dipped a bit last season but he would be a better 2nd choice than Stewart

Arthur Morgan
3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Somehow I don't think he would be happy at being 2nd choice for us either. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You could, except I never commented on his ability. You did though, so once again, your opinion is based on what?

You’re good at asking questions so answer one for a change. 

Methinks that you're getting mixed up with a similarly named poster.

Naisys Tackle
11 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Somehow I don't think he would be happy at being 2nd choice for us either. 

Edinburgh is much nicer than Aberdeen and we are a bigger club that hasnt seemed to shat on him.  Be a good back up. 

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Thought Lewis' form dipped a bit last season but he would be a better 2nd choice than Stewart

Yeah agree. Reckon he would be a very good back up. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Sean Clare scored a cracker for Charlton tonight. Could do a job...

His £50k wages are an issue. 

11 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Devlin adds energy to our play. Something we have been after for years.

Absolutely, he was my MOM on Sunday. My only criticism of him is that sometimes he could very easily get us 10/15 yards further up the pitch. 

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Absolutely, he was my MOM on Sunday. My only criticism of him is that sometimes he could very easily get us 10/15 yards further up the pitch. 

Could do with him chipping in half a dozen goals this season is my hope.

23 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Frees up Ronan to go elsewhere I'd have thought.

Can't see Ronan breaking into the first team at Wolves, not sure we have ever linked ourselves to him and maybe more his agent trying to drum up support through the media. Seems similar to Grant in positions so not 100% convinced we are interested in him. 

22 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Frees up Ronan to go elsewhere I'd have thought.

A wake up call for Ronan that he'll play no part at wolves. I don't begrudge him wanting to give it his all to make it,  but sometimes you need to move to fulfill you're potential. Not every kid can be an EPL star and at 24 if he'll lucky if he's got a 10 year career ahead of him 

Let's hope we see him here 

8 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Can't see Ronan breaking into the first team at Wolves, not sure we have ever linked ourselves to him and maybe more his agent trying to drum up support through the media. Seems similar to Grant in positions so not 100% convinced we are interested in him. 

Ronan was never going to get into the Wolves team, but they were light on bodies in midfield and needed him to fill the bench in the last couple of games. This should push him out.

I'm not sure we're after him either. Might depend on where Neilson would see him fitting into the team.

24 minutes ago, Spookie said:

A wake up call for Ronan that he'll play no part at wolves. I don't begrudge him wanting to give it his all to make it,  but sometimes you need to move to fulfill you're potential. Not every kid can be an EPL star and at 24 if he'll lucky if he's got a 10 year career ahead of him 

Let's hope we see him here 

I suspect it's not Ronan that requires a 'wake up call' ....

2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Wasn't on here yesterday and seem to have missed people questioning Cammy Devlin?!

Think back a very short number of seasons and ask yourself if you'd have killed to have Cam in our team.  He's exactly what we need at Hearts.  And by the way a much better player than given credit for.  Does way more attacking work than seems to get noticed.  Finished article?  Best CM we've ever had?  Nope.  An absolutely commited player who wants to be the very very best he can be and who we can already see has added to his game in his time in Edinburgh?  Absochuffinglutely.

My tuppence a day late!

MarkDevriesScores4

I assumed with grant signing, Ronan was no longer on the agenda. Admittedly I don’t know how similarly they are played.

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Wasn't on here yesterday and seem to have missed people questioning Cammy Devlin?!

Think back a very short number of seasons and ask yourself if you'd have killed to have Cam in our team.  He's exactly what we need at Hearts.  And by the way a much better player than given credit for.  Does way more attacking work than seems to get noticed.  Finished article?  Best CM we've ever had?  Nope.  An absolutely commited player who wants to be the very very best he can be and who we can already see has added to his game in his time in Edinburgh?  Absochuffinglutely.

My tuppence a day late!

Not sure what games people watch to bash Devlin. He was one of our best players on Sunday and not just winning the ball, he's more skilful than he gets credit for as well and chipped in with an assist. I would have him in the team every week, his energy is top class. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Not sure what games people watch to bash Devlin. He was one of our best players on Sunday and not just winning the ball, he's more skilful than he gets credit for as well and chipped in with an assist. I would have him in the team every week, his energy is top class. 

Keeps getting tagged a DM (cos he wins tackles??).  He hit the byeline in the first minute on Saturday!

12 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

We won’t be signing Ronan. 

Neilson has already stated he's an admirer and we are still short on another attacking midfielder,  will cost money granted but you're talking tosh here 

Screenshot_20220817-102509_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220817-102428_Samsung Internet.jpg

13 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I assumed with grant signing, Ronan was no longer on the agenda. Admittedly I don’t know how similarly they are played.

He could play across our midfield in the 4 2 3 1.   8,10*,7,11  positions.    

Edited by HMFC01

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Short summary. 2 posters suggested Ronan would be our best signing of the summer, one said he would be the best summer signing of any club outwith the OF. One suggested he was ‘nearly’ as good as Billy Gilmour despite Ronan not having achieved anything close to what Gilmour has. Not one competitive first team appearance in EPL vs a guy with 15 caps and a CL medal in his drawer.

Anyway, to support this, they stated picking holes in Devlin who they reckoned Ronan would replace. The nodding dogs joined in and there you have it. Suddenly Devlin isn’t very good and Ronan is the second coming.

Only on JKB could a player with the heart and the commitment and the contribution Devlin has shown be vilified to justify an arguement about a player who had 4 good games for St bleeding Mirren last year.

Edited by JimmyCant

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***