• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

33 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Offer Stewart to Dundee Utd and take Clark as No 2?

He’s no longer with United so wouldn’t require a fee. Although he’ll be looking for first team football or more money than what we would offer.

7 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He’s no longer with United so wouldn’t require a fee. Although he’ll be looking for first team football or more money than what we would offer.

Clark was at St Johnstone was he not

1 hour ago, bobby bombscare said:

Offer Stewart to Dundee Utd and take Clark as No 2?

Offer our worst player in exchange for an unattached Zander Clark to a club he's never actually played for? Interesting idea ...

7 hours ago, Bauld said:

Funny, I remember Xavi being exactly like that.

Would always pick the easiest pass and finish the game with about 95% passing success having played about 50-60 more passing than anyone else overall. 

What made it work was he had iniesta, Messi, Eto'o, Henry, Villa, Pedro, Cesc etc all playing around him. But the principal at our level remains the same.

Devlins job should be similar. To make sure we win the ball and retain possession. Ideally moving it quickly onto someone who can provide the next move going forward either a goal or an assist. 

Scott Brown made a career out of it as well, Kante in England.

All small guys. Roaming the midfield like terriers. Snapping at ankles and giving nobody any time on the ball, moving it quickly onto our own creative players.

Xavi was one of the most creative players I have ever seen. Maybe not the best example but agree what your saying here. 
I like Devlin he is a decent player and will improve 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Offer our worst player in exchange for an unattached Zander Clark to a club he's never actually played for? Interesting idea ...

CD6FD941-1D1E-42B6-83A6-D9AB851BA84A.gif.f908b8f8a07a7dd5e561f3022461bf6b.gif

HeartsandonlyHearts
36 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Dundee Utd would still say …

”thanks but no thanks”

8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Deadline day moved to midnight Fri 2nd. 

Daily Ranger saying it’s moved to midnight on Thursday 1 September. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Daily Ranger saying it’s moved to midnight on Thursday 1 September. 

Article I seen bawsed up then, cheers :) 

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

"Who? Me?" 😁

Every time I see this picture it looks like Dave Mackay is having a go at Tony Roper. 🙃

Bremner.jpg

It’s been said before but Dave McKay hated that photo.

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Was thinking the same 😂

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Leon Balogun a possible option as a free agent. Probably not but an interesting player floating around without a club right now. 

Good ball player. Would be fine for season or two.

Arthur Morgan
9 minutes ago, Carter said:

Leon Balogun a possible option as a free agent. Probably not but an interesting player floating around without a club right now. 

Would absolutely take him. Rangers fans wanted him to stay. 

Watt-Zeefuik
38 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Would absolutely take him. Rangers fans wanted him to stay. 

I can't remember him, was he strictly a RB or could he play CH?

42 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Good ball player. Would be fine for season or two.

Turned 34 but pretty quick and good in the air. Feels like one who would be a good addition.

Just now, Led Tasso said:

More of a rcb than rb. Was at ibrox last night. Could see him going back there tbh 

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Newton51 said:

More of a rcb than rb. Was at ibrox last night. Could see him going back there tbh 

I'm sure he's not slipped by Joe and co. but sounds like just what we need. An experienced RCB who can play RB if needed.

I wonder if we're waiting until after the Zurich matches to see if we can afford some heftier wages.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Right-sided CB. Would take over from Sibbick and would be a fantastic signing for a year or so. 

BackOfTheNet

Can’t see us going for Balogun, and I can see Rangers going back and offering him a contract since they started Sands at centre back yesterday

Just now, Led Tasso said:

I'm sure he's not slipped by Joe and co. but sounds like just what we need. An experienced RCB who can play RB if needed.

I wonder if we're waiting until after the Zurich matches to see if we can afford some heftier wages.

Got a feeling we are. It makes complete sense at the end of the day because we'll be looking at two quite different budgets. 

Watt-Zeefuik
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Got a feeling we are. It makes complete sense at the end of the day because we'll be looking at two quite different budgets. 

Agreed. I'm sure if we'd found the perfect match before now we'd have taken him, but we have a squad with a good shot to get past Zurich. Might as well wait and see.

26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can’t see us going for Balogun, and I can see Rangers going back and offering him a contract since they started Sands at centre back yesterday

Don't think they will. Got a mate who works at Rangers and he reckons they'll buy. Leon King is well thought of too and might get a chance. Hellander and Souttar are both out for a while. Davies is nothing serious and will be back soon. 

He's apparently still living in Glasgow though. I wonder if Agent Halliday is doing his thing.... 🤣

Edited by Batistuta87

bobby bombscare
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I meant more offer them Stuart as a keeper with SPL experience and use the freed up wages to approach Clark

9 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

I meant more offer them Stuart as a keeper with SPL experience and use the freed up wages to approach Clark

I, for one, knew exactly what you meant; but it's been fun reading the pelters sent your way. 😁

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

😂😂😂😂

This made me laugh. 

WTF have folk been smoking?

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Why just Utd,  why not any team? 

😂😂

19 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

I think Dundee United have had a hard enough week without getting mistaken for St Johnstone and then having Ross Stuart forced upon them!!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Will the Europa budget differ from the Europa that much? 

32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don't think they will. Got a mate who works at Rangers and he reckons they'll buy. Leon King is well thought of too and might get a chance. Hellander and Souttar are both out for a while. Davies is nothing serious and will be back soon. 

He's apparently still living in Glasgow though. I wonder if Agent Halliday is doing his thing.... 🤣

He'd be an astute signing. Probably unlikely although we'd be a good option for him if he's settled up here and a return to Rangers isn't happening.

Watt-Zeefuik
21 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

If United decide they need an SPL keeper given their keeper's current woes, would they not just sign Clark himself?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

If United decide they need an SPL keeper given their keeper's current woes, would they not just sign Clark himself?

😂😂

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Will the Europa budget differ from the Europa that much? 

TV money could be an extra couple of million I think

bobby bombscare
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

😂😂

Cos a desperate team like Utd might actually offer to cover a proportion of his wages for a season? 

We get rid of him to free up some wage money, they get a keeper without having to pay full wages and we can bring in a better player? 

They probably need another keeper but I would assume they won't be able to afford 2 keepers on a half decent wage considering what they'll likely be paying Watt, Fletcher, Mulgrew etc. 

All just thoughts in my head, would never happen! 

Edited by bobby bombscare

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, bobby bombscare said:

Cos a desperate team like Utd might actually offer to pay him enough to make him want to leave what I assume is a decent wage here?

Why would Utd want and then  pay for  a shite keeper. 

Why are they desperate for a 2nd choice keeper compared to others?

I thought you'd just made a wee boo boo,  but you have got a big spade and kept digging! 

Fair doos. 

Been a fun read. 

We should go for Clarke,  but I assume he's keeping his options open until the last minute especially as Stoke were rumoured to be sniffing around him. 

He'll want the biggest offer possible at his stage of his career. 

Stewart won't be on a lot,  his wage won't impact If we sign Clarke or not imo,  it's more about what Clarke wants and if he was to come to us how much we'd need to pay him to sit on the bench for 2 seasons. 

bobby bombscare
10 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Depends if they can afford it? I was thinking we could loan them Stewart and they pay a proportion (80%?) of his wages. Rather than them having to find someone new and offer another 2 year deal? Utd don't strike me as the type of club that have the finance to get another keeper in on decent money while the current one is still there. 

21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Will the EUROPA budget differ from the EUROPA that much? 

I doubt it. 😁 

bobby bombscare
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why would Utd want and then  pay for  a shite keeper. 

Why are they desperate for a 2nd choice keeper compared to others?

I thought you'd just made a wee boo boo,  but you have got a big spade and kept digging! 

Fair doos. 

Been a fun read. 

We should go for Clarke,  but I assume he's keeping his options open until the last minute especially as Stoke were rumoured to be sniffing around him. 

He'll want the biggest offer possible at his stage of his career. 

Stewart won't be on a lot,  his wage won't impact If we sign Clarke or not imo,  it's more about what Clarke wants and if he was to come to us how much we'd need to pay him to sit on the bench for 2 seasons. 

Why did we bring in Zlamal, Doyle or loan in Pererra? Teams do weird things when they are under pressure after bad results and the club isn't being run right 😂 

if we got Stewart offloaded to United (or a championship club) it would still be better business for them than Pererra 😂

Edited by bobby bombscare

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Why did we bring in Zlamal, Doyle or loan in Pererra? Teams do weird things when they are under pressure after bad results and the club isn't being run right 😂 

if we got Stewart offloaded to United (or a championship club) it would still be better business for them than Pererra 😂

👍

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

I doubt it. 😁 

Aye,  probably not. 

😂

31 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

😂😂

Because even Stuart would be an upgrade on that poor fella they had between the sticks v us? 😁

8 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

😁 stop it,     Edit....oh there are two Adama Traore's, my bad.

“There’s only one Adama… (wait what?!)”

20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye,  probably not. 

😂

Let's hope the ball bounces kindly for our lads in Switzerland. 

section s heart
4 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Xavi was one of the most creative players I have ever seen. Maybe not the best example but agree what your saying here. 
I like Devlin he is a decent player and will improve 

Agree NB, Xavi was a brilliant player in a brilliant Barca team. Pep football so plenty short passing but he was very creative too. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***