*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Just now, Andyp1874 said:

What’s that got to do with hearts transfers🙄

Read the thread and you'll see how it started.

I hate to break it to you, but if you're after Hearts transfers keep an eye on the official website. Nobody here knows anything.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

5 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

So any signing news/rumours folks? not sure what Foden, Sterling etc has to do with us signing new players.

The thread is more off topic than on 🤣

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

So any signing news/rumours folks? not sure what Foden, Sterling etc has to do with us signing new players.

Foden has Barry McKay poster on his wall. 

7 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Hearts are looking to sign Foden on loan...so it's pretty relevant.

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Read the thread and you'll see how it started.

I hate to break it to you, but if you're after Hearts transfers keep an eye on the official website. Nobody here knows anything.

Wading through inane drivel that has nothing to do with Hearts transfers on a Hearts Transfer Thread is a waste of time. Cant see the wood for the trees on this thread

Just now, Taffin said:

LOL ROFL so funny. Do one.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Opshun to buy anaw I heard if he impresses. 

£78m fee isn't the issue,  his wages are a stumbling block tho I heard. 

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

Wading through inane drivel that has nothing to do with Hearts transfers on a Hearts Transfer Thread is a waste of time. Cant see the wood for the trees on this thread 

Discussing the merits of what domestic make up to squads in a league is valuable for national team progression is more relevant to a signing thread than folk just making up names and discussing the same ones over and over again imo.

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

LOL ROFL so funny. Do one.

Sorry, I thought it was made up crap you were looking for.

It's all a waste of time, when someone signs, Hearts will announce it. 

42 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

My point wasn’t about my expectations, but the endorsement of others. I said he’d be a good acquisition, but anyone pretending a player that played alright for St. Mirren last season would be a serious step up is over egging it in my opinion. It’s not about the calibre I’m expecting, it’s about the calibre others are projecting here.

Played alright for St Mirren 🤣 He won all there player of the year awards and is lauded by st mirren fans. 

3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We are looking at a young Man City midfielder.  But few English championship teams to compete with as usual. 

Cole Palmer?

Clark Griswold
4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We are looking at a young Man City midfielder.  But few English championship teams to compete with as usual. 

Thanks for the genuine rumour/ITK snippet, finally something relevant.

The White Cockade

I think Jorge Grant is going to prove to be a great signing 

Needs to be attacking mid or no. 10 though rather than a deeper role

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

I think Jorge Grant is going to prove to be a great signing 

Needs to be attacking mid or no. 10 though rather than a deeper role

Looking at his history it seems he has played his best football in a more forward attacking mid role so totally agree.

SM Sheffield

George Hirst is being loaned again by Leicester and whilst it is a year before the end of his contract Leicester are keen to sign him up again. After a slow start to his pro career he had a very good season at Portsmouth last year and he looked impressive when I saw him in May.

A few League 1 clubs are in for Hirst Jr. and he would be a different option to what we have up front. Not an ITK post and I have no idea if we are even looking but for me he would potentially be a good signing and should not be unrealistic. Scoring is in his family and I can 100% vouch for his father he definitely knew where the net was.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

My point wasn’t about my expectations, but the endorsement of others. I said he’d be a good acquisition, but anyone pretending a player that played alright for St. Mirren last season would be a serious step up is over egging it in my opinion. It’s not about the calibre I’m expecting, it’s about the calibre others are projecting here.

I see it more as incremental improvements and we get players in that increase our strenght, even if it is only by a couple of %

For us to make a significant leap in standards would either mean we pay £1m and £10k/week or we unearth a gem, and that takes luck.

if we do okay in Europe and qualify again next year then we can look to raise that quality by a few more % with a bigger budget but it takes time.

RustyRightPeg
24 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I’ll go for Claudio Gomes or Morgan Rogers 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah. I find it weird the papers dont make more of that, considering the Old FIrm sit on academys full of the best young Scottish talent. Rangers for example (if their wikipedia page is to believed) have 46 players between the B team and U18 team. In fact when you look at how many have got more than a handful of games, in recent years for Celtic it has been Walsh, Ralston (but only last season) and Mikey Johnston. For Rangers, apart from Patterson, there is no one who has played more than a handful of games. (And before any comments, I agree Hearts have been very poor and I think Robbie is too zealous about playing youngsters when they meet his (what appears) too high standard, and its something the board should speak to him about.)

It’s because it’s the uglies that the press don’t make sure a big thing of it, compared to us under Vlad. Did Aberdeen not sing you’re not Scottish anymore to us, maybe time we sang it to them?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

Mind when people thought Klopp was holding onto Woodburn last summer, because he needed another midfield player for his squad?

I think it might’ve been a ploy to say to the board look at what I have to play, sign some players?

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

George Hirst is being loaned again by Leicester and whilst it is a year before the end of his contract Leicester are keen to sign him up again. After a slow start to his pro career he had a very good season at Portsmouth last year and he looked impressive when I saw him in May.

A few League 1 clubs are in for Hirst Jr. and he would be a different option to what we have up front. Not an ITK post and I have no idea if we are even looking but for me he would potentially be a good signing and should not be unrealistic. Scoring is in his family and I can 100% vouch for his father he definitely knew where the net was.

Is he related to David Hirst??

1 hour ago, Forrest said:

Good post, but need to question this bit - surely ADHD meds are designed to stop people being so hyperactive (although to be fair, I don't know about its effect on dogs, so apologies if it does the opposite to them!).  And we probably shouldn't joke about conditions in this day and age.

Btw, if memory serves, did Rudi not have ADHD, but preferred not to take hi medication on matchdays precisely because he didn't want to be calmed down?

ADHD medication will make most people hyper as it's effectively stimulants, but it has an opposite effect on people who have ADHD. Quite interesting, but also off topic so apologies.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Was told defensive 

There is three primarily defensive midfield players I can see Claudio Gomes, Iker Pozo (who is just coming back from injury) and Shea Charles.

Would say Claudio Gomes was linked with Celtic a month ago (who denied any interest.) 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

10 hours ago, cosanostra said:

You think that Jorge Grant would make it onto the bench for a premiership club like Wolves? 

That seems highly unlikely to me. Ronan would be a massive signing for us and Grant would be his understudy at best.

I’ve seen Jorge Grant play for Hearts. He’s a good player, possibly a very good player given time.

Ive seen Ronan play for St Mirren a few times. He scored good goals and had some good games. He’s never played a competitive match for Wolves first team as far as I am aware so that to me is a red herring. There are literally dozens of players sloshing about mid to low EPL clubs who wouldn’t be good enough for Hearts. we’ve actually had quite a few of that type on loan over the years and most of them stank.

I wouldn’t turn my nose up at him signing but he’s done absolutely nothing in the game above our level, hasn’t ever played above our level and probably won’t ever play above our level.

Signing Ben Woodburn was supposed to be ‘massive’ He was shite.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Exactly. Signing CR would be massive.

That sort of choice would be a great problem to have.

When you said CR there I thought you meant Cristiano Ronaldo, I was like aye no sh*t 🤣

Edited by Sertse

25 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’ll go for Claudio Gomes or Morgan Rogers 

I'll go Marlos Moreno had a few loans at Kortijk and Lommel and Portominese 

He's 25 

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve seen Jorge Grant play for Hearts. He’s a good player, possibly a very good player given time.

Ive seen Ronan play for St Mirren a few times. He scored good goals and had some good games. He’s never played a competitive match for Wolves first team as far as I am aware so that to me is a red herring. There are literally dozens of players sloshing about mid to low EPL clubs who wouldn’t be good enough for Hearts. we’ve actually had quite a few of that type on loan over the years and most of them stank.

I wouldn’t turn my nose up at him signing but he’s done absolutely nothing in the game above our level, hasn’t ever played above our level and probably won’t ever play above our level.

Fair comment re Woodburn. I guess we all thought he'd be better.

Any chance we can give the kit man a new 3 year deal just to give us something to talk about 🤷‍♂️ I think he deserves one?

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Fair comment re Woodburn. I guess we all thought he'd be better.

Ronan has stuff to commend him don’t get me wrong. 8 goals in 28 for a poor St Mirren team is a very good return. Grant won’t be a million miles away from that either if we play him properly. No harm in bringing the guy in but we’re in a pretty good position here in that no one is walking into our team without actually deserving to be there so if he comes and wins a start, great

32 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I watched a lot of Scottish football outwith Hearts last year on the TV (just sky games, sportscene and the occasional bored iptv game when Hearts weren't involved), and the 2 players outwith us and the top 2 that were complete stand outs were Ronan and Levitt. The difference between Ronan and Woodburn is that Ronan has actually performed in our league whereas Woodburn hadn't, and if we were to capture Ronan, it would eclipse any other business Hearts have done in this window, or any other team outwith the top 2 for that matter (in my opinion) 

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Played alright for St Mirren 🤣 He won all there player of the year awards and is lauded by st mirren fans. 

Yes, because that’s always a glowing endorsement of a player

51 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Was told defensive 

I'll guess Claudio Gomes. Celtic were apparently interested in him over the summer. Very similar player to Beni so would make a lot of sense if he's not coming back from his injury any time soon. 

Edited by Batistuta87

4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Just going to assume there's **** all happening.

No reading all that pish :laugh4:

Exact same as last week. Linked with Lee Seung Woo but he played yesterday in South Korea. That is all we know for sure.

The White Cockade
11 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

I watched a lot of Scottish football outwith Hearts last year on the TV (just sky games, sportscene and the occasional bored iptv game when Hearts weren't involved), and the 2 players outwith us and the top 2 that were complete stand outs were Ronan and Levitt. The difference between Ronan and Woodburn is that Ronan has actually performed in our league whereas Woodburn hadn't, and if we were to capture Ronan, it would eclipse any other business Hearts have done in this window, or any other team outwith the top 2 for that matter (in my opinion) 

Wouldn’t be as big a deal as Shankland imo

Goal scoring strikers are hard to come by especially those who have a good all round game as well 

Heartsofgold
10 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

George is his son

Hirst was a prolific striker for Wednesday so would be nice if his son had half his talent.

17 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

It’s going to eclipse signing an international striker and a defender who’s going to the World Cup ? it’s going to eclipse Hibs signing Boyle back (another one going to the World Cup) It’s going to eclipse Aberdeens new striker who looks the business ? It’s going to eclipse Levitt ? Or Marshall (an international goalkeeper) ? That’s a ballsy statement mate.

Edited by JimmyCant

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's exactly the way I see it too, Ronan would be a step up from Grant, but would give us huge options in the middle of the park, and once Benny comes back, all of a sudden we're spoiled for choice. 

I personally see Grant being more useful in a more attacking role. He doesn’t seem as disciplined to me to play in the centre midfield role as you can tell he likes getting involved with the game and drifts out of position.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him getting a shot instead of Forrest for a few games to see how he does.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You just know he'll sign of with a hatrick. 

If it’s genuine interest he won’t play against us.  They are desperate for cash to strengthen their squad. 

Kennyfragg13
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s going to eclipse signing an international striker and a defender who’s going to the World Cup ? it’s going to eclipse Hibs signing Boyle back (another one going to the World Cup) It’s going to eclipse Aberdeens new striker who looks the business ? It’s going to eclipse Levitt ? Or Marshall (an international goalkeeper) ? That’s a ballsy statement mate.

What a load off garbage

3 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I personally see Grant being more useful in a more attacking role. He doesn’t seem as disciplined to me to play in the centre midfield role as you can tell he likes getting involved with the game and drifts out of position.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him getting a shot instead of Forrest for a few games to see how he does.

Forrest is fine where he is it Grant or Boyce for the 10 role just now unless someone else comes in.Problem for Grant is if Robbie plays 343 as he just isn't  suited to it.

Edited by vegas-voss

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah,  I got your point and it's a good observation. 

The EPL has a problem,  most of the  best English players are squad players for the top teams or play around the middle teir clubs. 

I think Liverpool had 2 English players starting,  did man city have any starting?

Arsenal have a couple of young lads. 

Man utd a few defenders. 

Celtic and rangers have very few Scots in their regular 11 now. 

EPL want to be best league in the world - they won’t do that if they have any sort of reliance on home grown players.  To be honest we would be a much better squad/team if we had another five or six foreigners playing for us.  I don’t think many of the signings in the next couple of weeks will be good old Scottish lads. 

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I would ignore the expectation of others on here. As you can see they differ greatly from person to person. Some people are happy offering a contract to Scott Allan who hasn’t had interest from any club in our league or the league below.

I think Allan would be worth looking at tbf.

He doesn’t look as good as McKay or Haring, but he’s not exactly ugly.

2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I’m not too sure what you’re expecting?! Wolves have been wanting to keep him and have had him on the bench for all their games so far.

No a criticism but what ‘calibre’ of player are you expecting with our wage structure and finances?

If Wolves sign one or two foreign midfielders in next two weeks Ronan will be out on loan for the season. Hopefully to us. 

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Forrest is fine where he is it Grant or Boyce for the 10 role just now unless someone else comes in.Problem for Grant is if Robbie plays 343 as he just isn't  suited to it.

I’m not saying he’s not and think he’s done well so far. However I think he didn’t offer an awful lot on Sunday and think Grant could be a good option.

6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I think Allan would be worth looking at tbf.

He doesn’t look as good as McKay or Haring, but he’s not exactly ugly.

He has said himself clubs are unwilling to take a chance in him because of his heart conditions.We should stay well clear shame for the lad even though he was a Hibby he still deserves a career so for it to be taken away because of his condition is a shame.

Edited by vegas-voss

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***