*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

23 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Same people probably didn’t want us to re-sign Gordon at the time too thinking was past it or too Celtic minded

thankfully we have both now 

Thankfully you were here to keep us, and the management team, on the correct path. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Fine, he's a shit player who has good games, that'll do when we're 2 games a week and not wanting to risk Shankland for 90 minutes against St Mirren ahead of a big European game.

That's twice I've seen him now and twice I've been really impressed, what am I meant to base it on?

If he's at Livingston he won't be on a giant wage, I'd be happy with him.

The entire rest of his career?

He probably wouldn't cost a giant wage, but it would still be a wasted wage. He's not the sort of quality we need. I suppose if we get to the last day of the window and all our other attacking targets have fallen through, there'd be an argument for bringing him in if we could get him cheap, as an extra option against relegation strugglers like St Johnstone, St Liedown and h1b5, but really, if we're signing him, our recruitment has gone Pete Tong.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think the thread title should be updated at a certain point each day with either "Update: Nothing in the last 24 hours" or "Speculation over new target". That way, we can either skip over the inane navel gazing / attempts at shite trolling which are only visible due to people quoting them OR in the latter case, watch the inevitable YouTube highlights of Target X.

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

Spoke to my Livi mate he says club stance on Nouble is 2 million.

If they're talking pence, that sounds quite reasonable! 

Jamboscanbevicius

Hopefully our recruitment team have cast their net wider and pull a couple of rabbits out of a hat, but just having a look at some who only have a year left that may be worth a look closer to home:

- Nicola Katic

- Christian Ramirez

- Stephen O’Donnell

Not beyond the realms of reason that we could tempt one or more of these as it will be the last chance to get much for them. 

We have little else to talk about, so thoughts?

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Hopefully our recruitment team have cast their net wider and pull a couple of rabbits out of a hat, but just having a look at some who only have a year left that may be worth a look closer to home:

- Nicola Katic

- Christian Ramirez

- Stephen O’Donnell

Not beyond the realms of reason that we could tempt one or more of these as it will be the last chance to get much for them. 

My thoughts are you should brace yourself :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

- Nicola Katic

- Christian Ramirez

- Stephen O’Donnell

Jesus Christ I’m glad you’re not in charge of recruitment. 

8 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Does this mean we set our sights too high? Or is it once again a waiting game to see if any targets lower their expectations as the window closure draws nearer?

Or maybe it's that we know if we qualify for the Europa then we will be a great shop window and an even more attractive option for players 

Jamboscanbevicius
5 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Jesus Christ I’m glad you’re not in charge of recruitment. 

Read the post before replying. I didn’t say they should be top 3 targets, but all 3 are internationals with experience of our league, and entering the final year of their contract.

Would I be over the moon if any of the 3 signed… maybe not. But all 3 could offer something, and in the case of Katic and Ramirez they are a bit out of favour and maybe need a new challenge. 

5 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

I totally agree with you. OK, the lads had a couple of good games this season but his overall style is not one we want to be pursuing. He's another lumbering Uche type not a quick strong Simms type. We need players of a better standard. If it's a case of resting players prior to a European game, I'd rather put Henderson in as a No9.

Bang on.

Uche MKII.

Just signed for Konyaspor. Unbelievable Jeff

Edited by ShedBoy

3 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Bang on.

Uche MKII.

Just signed for Konyaspor. Unbelievable Jeff

Good money but iffy crowds.

Wish him the best

14 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

- Nicola Katic

- Christian Ramirez

- Stephen O’Donnell

I'd pass on all of them. 

Katic is a left sided CB, we have Rowles, Kingsley and Cochrane, Very well covered in that department. 

Ramirez doesn't fit our model, 31 years old, not likely to improve and would cost a packet. 

O'Donnell is mince. He got Scotland caps because somehow he was the only RB in town. 

I'd suggest Liam Smith if we're looking for a RB. Seems to have settled really well at Dundee Utd. Robbie McCrorie too. 

Both out of contract 2023. 

NGL, its slim pickings. No real stand outs from any of the other SPFL sides. Arfield and a few other Rangers players, but would expect Arfield to sign on there for another year, and OF players by default are going to be money that can only be matched by down south. 

I saw Dylan Reid who Celtic wanted from St Mirren's contract is up in 2023 too. Might be worth a look, only 17 but far more likely to break through here, than Celtic. 

15 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

- Nicola Katic

- Christian Ramirez

- Stephen O’Donnell

Stephen O'Donnell would be absolutely no use to us at all. We already have about four players who can play right back and they're all better than him. 

BackOfTheNet
25 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

- Nicola Katic

- Christian Ramirez

- Stephen O’Donnell

None of them are an improvement on what we have. Katic is supposedly went downhill, Ramirez is getting older and a backup for Aberdeen should be nowhere near us, and O’Donnell is the worst player to be capped regularly for Scotland in a lifetime. No to all.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

None of them are an improvement on what we have. Katic is supposedly went downhill, Ramirez is getting older and a backup for Aberdeen should be nowhere near us, and O’Donnell is the worst player to be capped regularly for Scotland in a lifetime. No to all.

Agree entirely. Spot on. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I'd pass on all of them. 

Katic is a left sided CB, we have Rowles, Kingsley and Cochrane, Very well covered in that department. 

Ramirez doesn't fit our model, 31 years old, not likely to improve and would cost a packet. 

O'Donnell is mince. He got Scotland caps because somehow he was the only RB in town. 

I'd suggest Liam Smith if we're looking for a RB. Seems to have settled really well at Dundee Utd. Robbie McCrorie too. 

Both out of contract 2023. 

NGL, its slim pickings. No real stand outs from any of the other SPFL sides. Arfield and a few other Rangers players, but would expect Arfield to sign on there for another year, and OF players by default are going to be money that can only be matched by down south. 

I saw Dylan Reid who Celtic wanted from St Mirren's contract is up in 2023 too. Might be worth a look, only 17 but far more likely to break through here, than Celtic. 

I thought Liam Smith was a shout a few windows ago, possibly around the time we signed Aidy White or maybe not long after. He's ex-Hearts. Played with us as a teenager. He has been utter gash any time I've seen him play though and yesterday was no different. He was mince. Cochrane and Mckay had him in knots.

Devlin at Livi would be my pick from the rest of the league, but Atkinson and Smith are both better. 

1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I thought the little right winger for dundee utd looked good yesterday. Cudjoe. Only 18!

He was horrific 😂😂😂

Looked alright in the warm up but he was absolutely terrible. Sat far too central and allowed our left sided wide men all the time they could have wanted on the ball. Had absolutely no end product either. Liam Smith was going tonto at him all game. 

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This. Absolute impostor. 

1 hour ago, CAR said:

Actually someone requested Damour be removed and it was then by chance we signed shankland

Just saying

That was me and I take full credit for Shankland 😁

11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Pleased to hear from Robbie that the Korean is still very much on the radar.

When did he say this?

Unknown user
51 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The entire rest of his career?

He probably wouldn't cost a giant wage, but it would still be a wasted wage. He's not the sort of quality we need. I suppose if we get to the last day of the window and all our other attacking targets have fallen through, there'd be an argument for bringing him in if we could get him cheap, as an extra option against relegation strugglers like St Johnstone, St Liedown and h1b5, but really, if we're signing him, our recruitment has gone Pete Tong.

I haven't seen the entire rest of his career though, what I have seen is a couple of games where he was pretty good.

It's exactly my point that he could be an extra cheap option against shit teams, and who knows, maybe more. No one's suggesting signing him then shutting up shop til January.

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He was horrific 😂😂😂

Looked alright in the warm up but he was absolutely terrible. Sat far too central and allowed our left sided wide men all the time they could have wanted on the ball. Had absolutely no end product either. Liam Smith was going tonto at him all game. 

This. Was concerned during the warm up that he looked decent. 10 minutes in my worries drifted away. Only 18 so could get better.

Mr Brightside
8 hours ago, His name is said:

The FC Zurich tie is the biggest (financially) in our history. The fact that we still don't have the 'high quality' signings in place is a failure from the club.

No it’s not. The financial difference between Europa League or Conference is not that big. Personally, I view it as a free hit, if we loose we still get group league football.
Champions League game against Athens had a greater financial reward and if we had won.

16 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

When did he say this?

I read it yesterday.  Pretty sure it was in the EEN.  He also said that Kingsley and Halkett would be fit for Thursday.

1 hour ago, db211833 said:

Don't mess with tradition. Last piece of business is the end of the title. That’s the rules.

Sick of looking at it. Feels like

hes been here for months already!

Scott Allan. Free agent. 30 years old. Worth offering a contract as a squad player for the season on a pay as you play basis? One of the few Hibs players I have always liked.

53 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Read the post before replying. I didn’t say they should be top 3 targets, but all 3 are internationals with experience of our league, and entering the final year of their contract.

Would I be over the moon if any of the 3 signed… maybe not. But all 3 could offer something, and in the case of Katic and Ramirez they are a bit out of favour and maybe need a new challenge. 

Ramirez doesn’t get a game currently for Aberdeen and O’Donnell is pish. Just a nonsense post.

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Scott Allan. Free agent. 30 years old. Worth offering a contract as a squad player for the season on a pay as you play basis? One of the few Hibs players I have always liked.

Finished at Premiership level. Yesterday's child. Arbroath or similar beckons for him 

3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

For god sake. :rofl: 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying! It's the Market Pool thing. According to a UEFA report from last season, or maybe the one before, posted on the Europe thread, Scotland's share was over €3m euros. The corresponding amount in the Conference League would apparently be in the ballpark of about a sixth of that.

Not disputing that but if the huns end up in EL with us then as someone has already posted they get 60% and we get 40% £1.2m as opposed to £600k in ECL. So the money is only a big deal if we happen to win games in EL. We could win 3/4 games in ECL as opposed to possibly none in EL

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

😂😂😂

Jamboscanbevicius
10 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Ramirez doesn’t get a game currently for Aberdeen and O’Donnell is pish. Just a nonsense post.

Or did it stimulate a little discussion about transfers on a transfers thread? 🤷🏻‍♂️😘

FWIW - I am not sure any of the 3 that I mentioned are what we need. But sometimes players just fit. e.g. Kevin Kyle was one of the least talented players to earn caps in my lifetime but he was a top man in maroon 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Or did it stimulate a little discussion about transfers on a transfers thread? 🤷🏻‍♂️😘

FWIW - I am not sure any of the 3 that I mentioned are what we need. But sometimes players just fit. e.g. Kevin Kyle was one of the least talented players to earn caps in my lifetime but he was a top man in maroon 

Kevin Kyle was a solidly good striker. Limited, but did what he did very well. We’ve had worse forwards (McBurnie, anyone?) get capped regularly. But I appreciate the topic to discuss on a transfer thread. Still don’t think we’ll sign anyone before the 28th.

49 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I thought Liam Smith was a shout a few windows ago, possibly around the time we signed Aidy White or maybe not long after. He's ex-Hearts. Played with us as a teenager. He has been utter gash any time I've seen him play though and yesterday was no different. He was mince. Cochrane and Mckay had him in knots.

Devlin at Livi would be my pick from the rest of the league, but Atkinson and Smith are both better. 

I was going through Transfermarkt and there really is virtually nothing in terms of quality players out of contract in the SPFL in 2023. OF guys, are usually on megabucks so non-starters. Outwith that, Smith and Mcrorie the only realistic options. 

Do get what you mean, not sure he’d improve us. 

Naisys Tackle
20 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Good idea.

Sign him as captain for the lowland league team. 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Not disputing that but if the huns end up in EL with us then as someone has already posted they get 60% and we get 40% £1.2m as opposed to £600k in ECL. So the money is only a big deal if we happen to win games in EL. We could win 3/4 games in ECL as opposed to possibly none in EL

https://www.totalsportal.com/money/uefa-europa-league-revenue-distribution/amp/

The info about the market pool is pretty vague, but it's based on the size of the market from our country

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

He was horrific 😂😂😂

Glad it’s not just me that thought both of them were hopeless. 

42 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Ramirez is also a ****ing walloper of a bloke

Geoff Kilpatrick
50 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

:cornette:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

disappointment.webp

4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

If Wolves sign this dude, probably pushes Ronan even further down the pecking order there. Wonder if we are still interested..

We are and we will get him

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***