*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Boyces beard said:

He's a cert to end up at Everton with Lampard either on loan or permanent deal

Looks like it. Probably a make weight in any deal for Gordon. Everton have another slog ahead this season. Another relegation battle for Gilmour.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

43 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The Toon are my English team and we seem to be struggling to get bodies in. Ashworth seems to be taking the Savage quality over quantity route. We’ve (only) spent £60m or so on 3 players excluding Targett who was on loan. Teams seem to be highballing us due to the backing. Watford knocked back £20M for Joao Pedro yesterday. 

Compare that to Forest who have signed 16 players for over £120M+!!!

I’m not hopeful on Anderson coming into Hearts. I think he’ll end up either staying or in the Championship. 

I took them at good odds for A top 4 finish as soon as the odds came out. I was expecting them to spend £300 million plus which would be the minimum required to get them up that end of the table. Still time to splash I suppose but so far they’re not much better than last season’s late form and they’ve got City this weekend. A few Geordie pals are getting a bit concerned about another false dawn

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t think for a minute we would get him. Just a general comment.

His next decision is make or break. I think he’d be well advised to follow the Hickey track and get himself to a lower Serie A club. (Come to us for a year first by all means Billy 👍)

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

He has said himself clubs are unwilling to take a chance in him because of his heart conditions.We should stay well clear shame for the lad even though he was a Hibby he still deserves a career so for it to be taken away because of his condition is a shame.

I always admired him for the way he was able to play at a good level despite being an insulin dependant diabetic. 

As someone with the same condition I can understand the self discipline and commitment he would need to have. 

Now he has revealed he has a heart condition as well. That is some handicap for a football player. 

I wish him well but not at Hearts. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I always admired him for the way he was able to play at a good level despite being an insulin dependant diabetic. 

As someone with the same condition I can understand the self discipline and commitment he would need to have. 

Now he has revealed he has a heart condition as well. That is some handicap for a football player. 

I wish him well but not at Hearts. 

I always thought he was a hibs **** myself!

It is pretty impressive, but you can't blame clubs for not fancying the risk, I'd imagine insurance won't be cheap.

The one I was always impressed by was Dean Shiels, how did he do the 3d thing? Michael Bisping fought with one eye too, mental if you ask me.

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I took them at good odds for A top 4 finish as soon as the odds came out. I was expecting them to spend £300 million plus which would be the minimum required to get them up that end of the table. Still time to splash I suppose but so far they’re not much better than last season’s late form and they’ve got City this weekend. A few Geordie pals are getting a bit concerned about another false dawn

Its no false dawn, it’s just a tricky market to navigate with FFP. City had to do it initially (pre FFP) where they had to spend ridiculous amounts on players that maybe weren’t worth that, to get them into the top half, then attract those to get top 6, top 4 and so on. 

The next 4/5 years are about stability, ensuring the infrastructure of the club is looked after, suitable funding into the academy, training ground etc. All areas that were neglected under Ashley. 

It’s still a mighty exciting time to be a fan. The sooner a club like Newcastle welcomes European football again the better. 

16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Its no false dawn, it’s just a tricky market to navigate with FFP. City had to do it initially (pre FFP) where they had to spend ridiculous amounts on players that maybe weren’t worth that, to get them into the top half, then attract those to get top 6, top 4 and so on. 

The next 4/5 years are about stability, ensuring the infrastructure of the club is looked after, suitable funding into the academy, training ground etc. All areas that were neglected under Ashley. 

It’s still a mighty exciting time to be a fan. The sooner a club like Newcastle welcomes European football again the better. 

City spent £300 million give or take in the first season under Mansour. The problem was they let Mark Hughes spend it. It was only when Mancini came in and built a defence that they started to motor, with Aguerooooooh the final piece.

Newcastle need half a dozen signings of Haaland levels and there is nothing in FFP to stop them manipulating around to that level of signing. It’s possible they are taking it slow and sustainable. I was surprised at the managerial appointment. A safe pair of hands but he doesn’t have anything like the gravitas that Pep and Klopp have. They may be waiting for the right man to become available and don’t want to chuck money around like City let Hughes do

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

What utter rubbish. :lol:

"Can't get a game for any Premiership team". Gilmour is 21 has 35 Premier League appearances for Chelsea and Norwich. Ronan is 24 and has 0. The latter has spent the last few years in League One, the Swiss second tier and at St Mirren.

Gilmour is wanted by Everton. Ronan is wanted by Hearts and Aberdeen.

Gilmour has also had quite a few good games for Scotland, while Ronan has 0 caps.

Not even listed in Chelsea’s epl squad for this season. Ronan currently in an epl first team squad and on the bench first games. Norwich didn’t want him for their championship promotion bid despite being offered him. 
Gilmour isn’t  wanted by Everton , Chelsea are offering him to Everton as a makeweight cash alternative in their attempt to sign an Everton players. Chelsea have to release lots of players in next two weeks. 
Gilmour has had one good game for Scotland imo and has been very disappointing in last few appearances.  Ronan is about to break into RoI first eleven, been in most recent squads. 

Gilmour looks, at the moment, very much in the Ryan Gauld mode, mostly hype. 

2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I think for Lincoln he played similar to McKay in a lot of games where he had a roaming role wide left.

I realise we don’t want to go back to square pegs and round holes but I feel he has more of an impact when he’s attacking whilst he leaves a bit of a gap when he’s in the middle.

On Sunday we were seeing Devlin get a lot of the ball in the middle but not having the passing ability or vision to drive us forward. If Grant is to play in the middle I would want him to be that player.

Ronan instead of Devlin would make a big difference to us.  Devlin hasn’t got the killer pass or even many forward passes in his game.  Very much the water carrier. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not even listed in Chelsea’s epl squad for this season. Ronan currently in an epl first team squad and on the bench first games. Norwich didn’t want him for their championship promotion bid despite being offered him. 
Gilmour isn’t  wanted by Everton , Chelsea are offering him to Everton as a makeweight cash alternative in their attempt to sign an Everton players. Chelsea have to release lots of players in next two weeks. 
Gilmour has had one good game for Scotland imo and has been very disappointing in last few appearances.  Ronan is about to break into RoI first eleven, been in most recent squads. 

Doesnt need to be. He’s 21 so still qualifies as u21 and doesn’t need to be registered. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So your offered Ronan or Gilmour on loan. You can only take one and your taking Ronan.

Jesus Christ man find something else to debate about because you’ve lost this one hands down 

54 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I wouldn’t read too much into being in the Wolves squad. Managers always have younger players on the books in preseason training and games to give them time and encouragement and see how they do. Wolves spend money, but not that much that they will have their 9 man bench occupied by all high value transfers. So, if it’s not Ronan on the bench it’s an U23 player. It’s not as if he’s holding off multimillion pound players to be on that bench. Listen, he may turn out to be a great player for whoever he signs for, but being player of the year in a St. Mirren side finishing in the bottom 6 and being on Wolves’ books for years doesn’t mean he’ll be excellent for anyone. That’s the point I’m making, that people are basing their expectations on him based on who he’s contracted to and probably the goal he scored at Tynecastle.

Ronan isn’t that young at 24. He has been named in their epl squad despite his age. 
Given that he was probably St.Mirren’s standout player last season, and he is currently training with and on the bench with a mid table epl club suggests he certainly has something.  If we can get him in on a season long loan it will be a great bit of business. Even more so if there’s an agreement to buy at the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ronan instead of Devlin would make a big difference to us.  Devlin hasn’t got the killer pass or even many forward passes in his game.  Very much the water carrier. 

Devlin set up Shankland's goal inside a minute.  Admittedly it wasn't a forward pass, but still...

As an aside, I brought a neutral friends to Tynie last season.  He came away calling our midfield maestro Backpass Beni. 

59 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jesus 🤣

Gilmour is 21 with a Champions League winners medal, 35 Premier League appearances, 15 Scotland caps, with a number of outstanding performances and MOTM awards against some world class opposition. Wanted by Everton with a market value of £10-15M. 

Ronan is 3y older at 24, hasn't kicked a ball in the Premier League, hasn't won a single cap for ROI since he's about fourth choice. His career highlight is probably the goal he scored against us in the SC QF. Wanted by Hearts, Aberdeen with a market value of about £600k. 

Nae difference.

Bench for champions league medal  - he played 95 mins in two group stage games. Can’t recall those outstanding performances, certainly not for national team. Boo’ed off the park by Norwich fans for not showing enough desire. Everton don’t ‘want’ him.  Lampard wants him. We know how good a manager he is don’t we? He has been offered as a makeweight in the deal to sign Gordon. 
Just to point out I said he was nearly at the Gilmour level not the same or better.  Currently one is involved on match days in the epl the other isn’t. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jesus 🤣

Gilmour is 21 with a Champions League winners medal, 35 Premier League appearances, 15 Scotland caps, with a number of outstanding performances and MOTM awards against some world class opposition. Wanted by Everton with a market value of £10-15M. 

Ronan is 3y older at 24, hasn't kicked a ball in the Premier League, hasn't won a single cap for ROI since he's about fourth choice. His career highlight is probably the goal he scored against us in the SC QF. Wanted by Hearts, Aberdeen with a market value of about £600k. 

Nae difference.

So, going by market value he is a good way below Hickey? Would you rate Hickey as a better player than superstar Gilmour? 

Watt-Zeefuik
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So, going by market value he is a good way below Hickey? Would you rate Hickey as a better player than superstar Gilmour? 

Yes of course. And Ronan is no Hickey.

26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Doesnt need to be. He’s 21 so still qualifies as u21 and doesn’t need to be registered. 

Good point, thought he had missed the cut-off date. 

30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed but I think Devlin has a part to play with his ability to win the ball back and breaking play up. 

My main issue that we had last year were that both Devlin and Beni offered little going forward but we’re great defensively. Having someone like Ronan should be a good in between.

27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So your offered Ronan or Gilmour on loan. You can only take one and your taking Ronan.

Jesus Christ man find something else to debate about because you’ve lost this one hands down 

Check my original post.  I didn’t say they were at the same level did I ? What does ‘nearly’ mean? 
I also pointed out that currently Ronan is closer to playing epl than Gilmour. Might change if he goes to Everton but then again might not.  Couldn’t get a game for Norwich latterly last season. 

26 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Devlin set up Shankland's goal inside a minute.  Admittedly it wasn't a forward pass, but still...

As an aside, I brought a neutral friends to Tynie last season.  He came away calling our midfield maestro Backpass Beni. 

Agree that there’s similarities but I’d rather have Beni than Devlin on the park. 

42 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Agreed but I think Devlin has a part to play with his ability to win the ball back and breaking play up. 

My main issue that we had last year were that both Devlin and Beni offered little going forward but we’re great defensively. Having someone like Ronan should be a good in between.

This does give our wing backs and forward players freedom to get/stay forward though.

Having 5 very good defensive players(and Gordon) through the middle that can filter out wide when needed isn’t a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

This does give our wing backs and forward players freedom to get/stay forward though.

Having 5 very good defensive players(and Gordon) through the middle that can filter out wide when needed isn’t a bad thing.

I agree, however our wing backs weren’t usually very good at getting forward and creating, especially last season. 

You’re right that in a good 3-4-3 set up you won’t to have to good solid midfielder who can protect however that puts the emphasis on the wing backs to create. Cochrane last year was solid defensively but IMO poor offensively although he’s started this year much better. Smith had a poor year last year IMO and is better suited to a back 4. Whilst Atkinson is a wing back but is a bit of a liability defensively.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I'd rather have Hickey than Gilmour aye. 100%. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'd rather have Hickey than Gilmour aye. 100%. 

Could try getting Gilmore on loan and give him European experience 

10 minutes ago, Wilson said:

London papers reporting Newcastle interest in 4 (!) Chelsea players . Anderson maybe still possible ….

Wonder if Gilmour is one of them?

34 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Matej Vydra.....

Sauce !

Good player once, especially at Derby. I'm not sure he's kicked a ball for a while though.

Indeed.  Beni will be back playing before this guy is and if he gets truly fit then Burnley will give him a deal until end of season at least. 

I think it’s fair to say, without comparing two different positions, that Hickeys career is in a far better place than Gilmours

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Czech international with premier league experience, can’t see it tbh but would love to be wrong 

If he did sign, hopefully beat Marshall from in his own half at the New Year😉

6 hours ago, Taffin said:

Read the thread and you'll see how it started.

I hate to break it to you, but if you're after Hearts transfers keep an eye on the official website. Nobody here knows anything.

Agree with Taffin about this weird almost OCD obsession with getting annoyed when a discussion breaks out on a tangent that was based on a relevant point to the topic 

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think it’s fair to say, without comparing two different positions, that Hickeys career is in a far better place than Gilmours

That was my point. 

5 hours ago, RS86 said:

ADHD medication will make most people hyper as it's effectively stimulants, but it has an opposite effect on people who have ADHD. Quite interesting, but also off topic so apologies.

Correct.

BackOfTheNet

Ronan isn’t that young at 24. He has been named in their epl squad despite his age. 
Given that he was probably St.Mirren’s standout player last season, and he is currently training with and on the bench with a mid table epl club suggests he certainly has something.  If we can get him in on a season long loan it will be a great bit of business. Even more so if there’s an agreement to buy at the end of the season. 

He definitely has something. But I’m just saying he’s yet to do anything that would suggest he would be the excellent bit of business some say he would be. Because he’s not an U23 player is exactly why he’s on Wolves’ bench right now. Because they don’t have a youngster currently at the club who’s better than him. He can’t play with the U23 team (I think) so he trains with the first team until another club can be found for him. All I’m saying is being on the bench for Wolves just means the manager has looked at his squad and needs 20 players, 11 for the pitch and 9 for the bench. With injuries, suspensions and signings not made yet, he gets a place because he’s there. There’s a difference between whether a player is on the books from a young age and whether a team would buy him at 24 at his current level. That’s the question you should ask. If the answer is no, then getting excited because he made their bench isn’t exactly logical.

lost in space
5 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Czech international with premier league experience, can’t see it tbh but would love to be wrong 

Since Prince William supports Burnley and Hearts - maybe he can arrange the deal.

Be easier for him to just order this when he is King.

2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Since Prince William supports Burnley and Hearts - maybe he can arrange the deal.

Aston Villa

theAlvasection
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Aston Villa mate

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Indeed, recovering from ruptured cruciate.  Won’t be playing this year. 

Correct, also seemingly has a 2 year deal on the table from Burnley

lost in space
7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Aston Villa

Damn.  Yes you are right. So Villa got any players they don't want?????

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***