*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Exactly. Signing CR would be massive.

That sort of choice would be a great problem to have.

Ronan is nearly at the Billy Gilmour level.  Would be a great loan signing for us. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

He(Forrest)didn’t do a lot in the other two games either if we’re honest. Early days.

2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I’m not saying he’s not and think he’s done well so far. However I think he didn’t offer an awful lot on Sunday and think Grant could be a good option.

3 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I’m not saying he’s not and think he’s done well so far. However I think he didn’t offer an awful lot on Sunday and think Grant could be a good option.

I just don't want him to be one of those players that's flung on anywhere would really like to see him settle into his own role.I doubt he will though so we might yet see him more out wide.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it might’ve been a ploy to say to the board look at what I have to play, sign some players?

Yes, I suspect that was exactly what it was.

A few said as much at the time but there were a good few said the fact that Klopp was considering keeping him meant we were getting the next Curtis Jones or Harvey Elliott 

Just now, vegas-voss said:

He has said himself clubs are unwilling to take a chance in him because of his heart conditions.We should stay well clear shame for the lad even though he was a Hibby he still deserves a career so for it to be taking away because of his condition is a shame.

I was making a silly joke but we shouldn’t be even considering it aside from health issues. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He has said himself clubs are unwilling to take a chance in him because of his heart conditions.We should stay well clear shame for the lad even though he was a Hibby he still deserves a career so for it to be taken away because of his condition is a shame.

It is a shame,  but it's a big thing if he is unable to be fit due to a medical condition. 

At best He won't be able to do his job very well,  at worse he's a risk. 

I'd have taken him 5 Years ago,  but not now. 

We have moved on. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s going to eclipse signing an international striker and a defender who’s going to the World Cup ? it’s going to eclipse Hibs signing Boyle back (another one going to the World Cup) It’s going to eclipse Aberdeens new striker who looks the business ? It’s going to eclipse Levitt ? Or Marshall (an international goalkeeper) ? That’s a ballsy statement mate.

Going to the World Cup though with a country that’s just cannon fodder and only there because the tournament is now expanded to 32 countries. They are currently ranked 39 so only qualified because of the geographical weakness of the opposition they play against. They are 6/7 places ahead of Scotland and Scotland are pretty rank. 

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It is a shame,  but it's a big thing if he is unable to be fit due to a medical condition. 

At best He won't be able to do his job very well,  at worse he's a risk. 

I'd have taken him 5 Years ago,  but not now. 

We have moved on. 

Totally

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

FFS !

Gilmour can’t get a game for any premiership team. Not even in the bench now. Not wanted by his club. Finished 20 out of 20 last season and couldn’t get a game for Norwich second part of season. Norwich don’t want him back on loan this season.  Has had one good game for Scotland. Not really a first pick.  
Ronan was excellent up here last season, in last two RoI squads. 

16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He(Forrest)didn’t do a lot in the other two games either if we’re honest. Early days.

I thought he had a good second half against County. But I agree we haven’t seen the best of him yet.

15 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I just don't want him to be one of those players that's flung on anywhere would really like to see him settle into his own role.I doubt he will though so we might yet see him more out wide.

I think for Lincoln he played similar to McKay in a lot of games where he had a roaming role wide left.

I realise we don’t want to go back to square pegs and round holes but I feel he has more of an impact when he’s attacking whilst he leaves a bit of a gap when he’s in the middle.

On Sunday we were seeing Devlin get a lot of the ball in the middle but not having the passing ability or vision to drive us forward. If Grant is to play in the middle I would want him to be that player.

55 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes, because that’s always a glowing endorsement of a player

Come on, he’s got to impress somewhere. John McGinn did well for St Mirren. The Wolves manager has been impressed enough to keep him in the squad on match days and reluctant to sell him. He’s obviously not at the level of Neves, Moutinho etc but to mix with that group and not look out of place is more than good enough for Hearts. Would be an excellent signing. 

Ronan played well for St Mirren. That's about as much as we know so far.

Whilst I'd be happy to get him in if that's who the club are persuing, I don't see the huge deal over him.

Kennyfragg13
31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Good contribution mate

The minute you mentioned Marshall said it all for me ,Aberdeen  lost to Motherwell h1b5 lost to Livingston need I say more?.

Boyces beard
19 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s going to eclipse signing an international striker and a defender who’s going to the World Cup ? it’s going to eclipse Hibs signing Boyle back (another one going to the World Cup) It’s going to eclipse Aberdeens new striker who looks the business ? It’s going to eclipse Levitt ? Or Marshall (an international goalkeeper) ? That’s a ballsy statement mate.

Boyle for the money paid is not good value when you consider the fee payed and the wages he will be on, when VAR comes in after the world cup he will have a hard time. He will also start to lose a yard of pace which is natural as you move in to your 30's and he is on a 3 year contract.

Aberdeens new striker does look the business but they have 3 points from 3 games(granted they have played one of the erse cheeks), we will need to wait and see how he adapts to Scottish football over a longer period of time.

Levitt is a great signing for Utd, he proved he is a stand out in the spl last season the same as Ronan did. Marshall is a great signing for the smack heads.

Rowles looks a cracking signing and Shankland for me is the stand out signing outside the erse cheeks.

Connor Ronan would be a superb signing for Hearts and would undoubtedly be one of the best signings of the summer for any club outside the erse cheeks. If a deal can be done to bring him in then he would improve us instantly.

45 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Purely my opinion, but yes. I'll double down and say I expect Ronan to be playing in the English Premier in 5 years, thus is the level of talent I believe he has. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I think for Lincoln he played similar to McKay in a lot of games where he had a roaming role wide left.

I realise we don’t want to go back to square pegs and round holes but I feel he has more of an impact when he’s attacking whilst he leaves a bit of a gap when he’s in the middle.

On Sunday we were seeing Devlin get a lot of the ball in the middle but not having the passing ability or vision to drive us forward. If Grant is to play in the middle I would want him to be that player.

Aye he isn't a DM or a b2b type player he is just filling holes there.

Bazzas right boot

Clarke still without a club. 

I wonder if there's a chance he'll sign for us if he's not picked up by an English team. 

RustyRightPeg
25 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I want Grant as far forward as possible. In the 2 games at Tynecastle when he’s pushed forward he’s played the cute pass to Cochrane for Forrest’s goal and showed almost a poachers instinct to follow in a shot on Sunday as well as fantastic interchanged with McKay. 

Neilson made it clear he plays his best football in the #10 and is evidently looking for that deeper midfielder to allow him to push forward. 

Wrong thread no doubt, but seen Beni was up with the team at the University of the West of Scotland. Looked like he was cycling with the rest of the squad in the heat chamber.

Anyone know of any progress regarding his injury?

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Clarke still without a club. 

I wonder if there's a chance he'll sign for us if he's not picked up by an English team. 

Couldn't we sign Clarke and either play him in Cup games or maybe even loan him out to a Premier league club like Dundee United and have a recall in his loan if Gordon gets injured??

19 minutes ago, Homme said:

Ronan played well for St Mirren. That's about as much as we know so far.

Whilst I'd be happy to get him in if that's who the club are persuing, I don't see the huge deal over him.

I was actually thinking the same.

Cant say I was impressed by him for St Mirren. 

3 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I see Jamie Hamilton has signed an extension with Hamilton to 2024.

Looks like no club were willing to pay the compensation.

Not that we were interested but I know he was mentioned a few times by people on here.

If we were interested we've obviously opted for Neilson instead. Thought he would have been snapped up though - looks like a really good young player.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Rods said:

I was actually thinking the same.

Cant say I was impressed by him for St Mirren. 

Were you impressed with Shankland for United?

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Gregski51 said:

Wrong thread no doubt, but seen Beni was up with the team at the University of the West of Scotland. Looked like he was cycling with the rest of the squad in the heat chamber.

Anyone know of any progress regarding his injury?

Timeline is November / December. I’d prefer it if he came back February time just to make sure he’s absolutely right though. ACL’s are not fun to rehab. 

Ronan been on the wolves bench 1st 2 games with zero minutes 

He's 24 now 

If he's not made it in the first team by now he's not going too  

People close to him need to advice him to move its a short career 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I personally see Grant being more useful in a more attacking role. He doesn’t seem as disciplined to me to play in the centre midfield role as you can tell he likes getting involved with the game and drifts out of position.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him getting a shot instead of Forrest for a few games to see how he does.

It's just good to have so many options again, how much better is it going to be when Benny gets back and someone else signs? 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

Couldn't we sign Clarke and either play him in Cup games or maybe even loan him out to a Premier league club like Dundee United and have a recall in his loan if Gordon gets injured??

We could do. 

Whether Clarke wants that and we can afford him v his other offers I have no idea. 

4 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Ronan been on the wolves bench 1st 2 games with zero minutes 

He's 24 now 

If he's not made it in the first team by now he's not going too  

People close to him need to advice him to move its a short career 

I agree, he’s not making it at Wolves. The fact he’s been on the bench means little imo, look at some of the guys we have on the bench sometimes. 

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Timeline is November / December. I’d prefer it if he came back February time just to make sure he’s absolutely right though. ACL’s are not fun to rehab. 

Nice one mate, cheers. Think I'm just desperate to see him back fit and ready to go again. At least we have back up for the time being

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Gilmour can’t get a game for any premiership team. Not even in the bench now. Not wanted by his club. Finished 20 out of 20 last season and couldn’t get a game for Norwich second part of season. Norwich don’t want him back on loan this season.  Has had one good game for Scotland. Not really a first pick.  

What utter rubbish. :lol:

"Can't get a game for any Premiership team". Gilmour is 21 has 35 Premier League appearances for Chelsea and Norwich. Ronan is 24 and has 0. The latter has spent the last few years in League One, the Swiss second tier and at St Mirren.

Gilmour is wanted by Everton. Ronan is wanted by Hearts and Aberdeen.

Gilmour has also had quite a few good games for Scotland, while Ronan has 0 caps.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

If Newcastle spend the fees they are being quoted with then Elliot Anderson has to still be an option.

The Toon are my English team and we seem to be struggling to get bodies in. Ashworth seems to be taking the Savage quality over quantity route. We’ve (only) spent £60m or so on 3 players excluding Targett who was on loan. Teams seem to be highballing us due to the backing. Watford knocked back £20M for Joao Pedro yesterday. 

Compare that to Forest who have signed 16 players for over £120M+!!!

I’m not hopeful on Anderson coming into Hearts. I think he’ll end up either staying or in the Championship. 

12 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

What utter rubbish. :lol:

"Can't get a game for any Premiership team". Gilmour is 21 has 35 Premier League appearances for Chelsea and Norwich. Ronan is 24 and has 0. The latter has spent the last few years in League One, the Swiss second tier and at St Mirren.

Gilmour is wanted by Everton. Ronan is wanted by Hearts and Aberdeen.

Gilmour has also had quite a few good games for Scotland, while Ronan has 0 caps.

Gilmour could quite easily become an elite level Harry Cochrane. He has gone quite quickly from a a couple of amazing performances for Chelsea / Scotland to really struggling at Norwich. If I was Gilmour I'd be looking for a move to Italy or Spain to get the career back on track...

42 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I want Grant as far forward as possible. In the 2 games at Tynecastle when he’s pushed forward he’s played the cute pass to Cochrane for Forrest’s goal and showed almost a poachers instinct to follow in a shot on Sunday as well as fantastic interchanged with McKay. 

Neilson made it clear he plays his best football in the #10 and is evidently looking for that deeper midfielder to allow him to push forward. 

Yeah I think he has good movement and ability to take people on which gives defenders something to think about.

As I’ve mentioned when we can get him a bit further forward I have high hopes he’ll build good relationships with McKay and shankland specifically.

40 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If we were interested we've obviously opted for Neilson instead. Thought he would have been snapped up though - looks like a really good young player.

Yeah although I’ve not heard much about him the last year or so since they dropped out the league. 

36 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It's just good to have so many options again, how much better is it going to be when Benny gets back and someone else signs? 

Agreed. I think the fact we can shuffle the pack should allow us to turn draws into wins and losses into draws with teams who are putting 10 men behind the ball.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Come on, he’s got to impress somewhere. John McGinn did well for St Mirren. The Wolves manager has been impressed enough to keep him in the squad on match days and reluctant to sell him. He’s obviously not at the level of Neves, Moutinho etc but to mix with that group and not look out of place is more than good enough for Hearts. Would be an excellent signing. 

I wouldn’t read too much into being in the Wolves squad. Managers always have younger players on the books in preseason training and games to give them time and encouragement and see how they do. Wolves spend money, but not that much that they will have their 9 man bench occupied by all high value transfers. So, if it’s not Ronan on the bench it’s an U23 player. It’s not as if he’s holding off multimillion pound players to be on that bench. Listen, he may turn out to be a great player for whoever he signs for, but being player of the year in a St. Mirren side finishing in the bottom 6 and being on Wolves’ books for years doesn’t mean he’ll be excellent for anyone. That’s the point I’m making, that people are basing their expectations on him based on who he’s contracted to and probably the goal he scored at Tynecastle.

FarmerTweedy
15 hours ago, Smithee said:

I haven't seen the entire rest of his career though, what I have seen is a couple of games where he was pretty good.

It's exactly my point that he could be an extra cheap option against shit teams, and who knows, maybe more. No one's suggesting signing him then shutting up shop til January.

There are places on the Internet where you can look up info on a player's career, quite quickly and easily. Looking up info on his reveals that he's pretty guff. Even guff players play the odd good game or two occasionally. If we did look to sign him, we should then be shutting up shop till January as the only way we should even consider signing him is at the last minute because every player we've tried to get that's actually any good has fallen through. We shouldn't be touching him with a bargepole with a bit more than two weeks of the window still to go!

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Jesus 🤣

Gilmour is 21 with a Champions League winners medal, 35 Premier League appearances, 15 Scotland caps, with a number of outstanding performances and MOTM awards against some world class opposition. Wanted by Everton with a market value of £10-15M. 

Ronan is 3y older at 24, hasn't kicked a ball in the Premier League, hasn't won a single cap for ROI since he's about fourth choice. His career highlight is probably the goal he scored against us in the SC QF. Wanted by Hearts, Aberdeen with a market value of about £600k. 

Nae difference.

29 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The Toon are my English team and we seem to be struggling to get bodies in. Ashworth seems to be taking the Savage quality over quantity route. We’ve (only) spent £60m or so on 3 players excluding Targett who was on loan. Teams seem to be highballing us due to the backing. Watford knocked back £20M for Joao Pedro yesterday. 

Compare that to Forest who have signed 16 players for over £120M+!!!

I’m not hopeful on Anderson coming into Hearts. I think he’ll end up either staying or in the Championship. 

I heard your Saudi guys are drafting in Phil Mickleson and Dustin Johnson :)

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, MelbJambo said:

You haven’t seen him play this year have you? Go on, you can say it. He’s been one of the best on the park in all 3 games for Livi this year and made both Rangers and Hibs’ defence look silly throughout both games (admittedly not hard to do against Hibs). So I’ll say it again, great find by Livi. 

Well, if he keeps it up, we'll all be screaming for him to be signed in January. That's extremely unlikely though.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Any Hearts fan that wouldn’t take Gilmour on loan clearly doesn’t recognise what would make a very decent player on the SPL.

He’d piss it.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Any Hearts fan that wouldn’t take Gilmour on loan clearly doesn’t recognise what would make a very decent player on the SPL.

He’d piss it.

He would piss it, but the argument about him not making the Chelsea bench just now is a mute point because he’s injured. 

There’s absolutely no danger he’s gonna end up at us. 

Boyces beard
5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He’d piss it.

He's a cert to end up at Everton with Lampard either on loan or permanent deal

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Boyces beard said:

He's a cert to end up at Everton with Lampard either on loan or permanent deal

I don’t think for a minute we would get him. Just a general comment.

Boyces beard
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t think for a minute we would get him. Just a general comment.

I know mate, and he would absolutely piss it up here as you said.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***