*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

I'm not fussed about signing ex-Hibs players either, as long as they do the job for us. I just made that point because, from his perspective, there's simply more risk/hassle involved in signing for us than there is for a similar wage at Hibs. The terms on offer at Hibs may even be better than we're willing to offer given their current desperate state.

Could be but unlikely. Hibs have to forego a big chunk of outstanding transfer fee if they take him back now which effectively means they would be paying a huge fee (for them) for him plus then paying his wages. I suspect they are trying to get him back on loan to avoid the transfer fee loss. 
We either get him him on loan or we pay whatever the Saudis want to get him off their books. They won’t care that much - 1-2 million is sweetie money to their owners 

Whilst we would be getting a very good player we would also be doing Hibs a huge financial favour if we sign him or take him on loan. 

Anyway, even if it is being discussed won’t happen until after Sunday. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gino doesn't look as happy as when he first came so I wouldn't be surprised if he's asked to leave. As always, if we can replace him with what we believe to be better, go for it.

Strange though, as I'd have imagined his pace would have been utilised in Europe.

Thought I'd heard that Gino himself had asked to leave because he wasn't happy with the reduced role, but couldn't swear to it.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

That midfield pairing can never be used again in 3-4-3 unless we’re bare bones. Look at our squad and you could probably get 7 or 8 better pairings. We were just asking to be attacked with so many defensive minded players on the park. Even when he changed it, it took a half time rocket to get us in the game, which fair enough, he seems to have got across and Grant started to run the game for us. No need to be gambling like that though with so many options and you really have to start worrying if Atkinson has what it takes here. That’s several times now he’s been taken to the cleaners by a winger

That midfield pairing bossed the game against Stoke. I agree it's not our top pair but it looked absolutely solid less than a week prior.

Atkinson was ill and so it was like playing a man down. Once he came off, we were fine on defence and the bombing Edwards runs came to a stop.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

Maybe missed a previous post, but what was wrong with him?

He'd had the flu earlier in the week and thought he was over it but when he went on his energy disappeared.

Totally consistent with post-viral symptoms where physical activity triggers inflammation.

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, One five said:

Is it not next week for European games the window closes ? maybe I’m wrong though.

See below

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nah, there's various registration windows for Europe before each round up until the transfer window closes. 

Cruyff is correct, however if we want players to play against Linfield or Zurich then they have to sign and resister with us / the SFA in time for the finalising of the squad a week tomorrow.

There are substitutions that can be made, capped at 2 or 3, with each new registration. So, once 1st September window closes we submit our final group stage squad registration, but I believe we can only make those squad substitutions at that time. Which would mean if we sign 3-4 players, there’s a danger of one or two missing out due to the cap on registration substitutions.

Could be wrong on that though, I always thought there was a clean slate once the playoffs were over and you had to register for actual groups, but someone else on here said it’s still substitutions.

Batistuta87
4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Gino? I know he's very one dimensional but his pace does cause some of the lesser teams issues (saints at home, Motherwell away etc). Power i agree, i would like a big laddie up top. 

His pace is incredible to be fair. He's absolutely rapid. Unfortunately its his end product that's the problem. Often he'll latch onto a through-ball and get to the touchline only to fluff a cross into the stand or away over the top of everyone and out for a throw-in at the other side. Very likeable player and I liked how he was always looking to attack, but he's just ultimately not quite there and won't get much game time with Forrest coming in and looking much better than both him and GMS. He's relatively young so will want to be playing and if that means him leaving then I wouldn't stand in his way. He's quite easily replaceable. 

Thought Yann Dhanda looked quite tidy for RC at the weekend. I reckon we should have snapped him up to replace Gino when we had the chance as he could provide cover for R/LW and AM. Basically covers any position that Gino and GMS would have done between the two of them. 

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

See below

Cruyff is correct, however if we want players to play against Linfield or Zurich then they have to sign and resister with us / the SFA in time for the finalising of the squad a week tomorrow.

There are substitutions that can be made, capped at 2 or 3, with each new registration. So, once 1st September window closes we submit our final group stage squad registration, but I believe we can only make those squad substitutions at that time. Which would mean if we sign 3-4 players, there’s a danger of one or two missing out due to the cap on registration substitutions.

Could be wrong on that though, I always thought there was a clean slate once the playoffs were over and you had to register for actual groups, but someone else on here said it’s still substitutions.

That's correct.

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

He'd had the flu earlier in the week and thought he was over it but when he went on his energy disappeared.

Totally consistent with post-viral symptoms where physical activity triggers inflammation.

We were in the main stand at the Gorgie road and and he was certainly toiling. That makes sense. 

Thanks Ted. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

Maybe missed a previous post, but what was wrong with him?

Apparently had felt ill in lead up to the match, declared himself alright and was quite obviously struggling from about 10 mins, breathing as if he run a marathon

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Fair enough, I was only going off the press reports.

Clicks.

Apparently they discovered the Albanian they signed by accident, they were there looking at the striker they have also signed and picked him up along the way

Famous 1874

Absolutely no chance will Boyle ever end up at Hearts. I’d definitely take him but if he is coming back to Scotland it’s Hibs or at a push Aberdeen (he supports them).

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Being ill surely doesnt help your game either though eh?

Well tell him to wash his hands after he has a shite then...Jeezo these Australian cavemen eh?

BackOfTheNet

Looking at this UEFA article: https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/026c-12ed33745f21-a63cc70aaed6-1000--champions-league-group-stage-squads-player-registration-deadlin/

It suggests that 3 substitutions can be made to the “A list” (explanation of that in the article), between group stages and knock out rounds. I’m implying from this that the “A-list” submitted is a clean slate from any we register for the play-offs, which would be good. But it doesn’t explicitly say that, so I’m not sure.

The below is discussing last year’s competitions…

Can clubs change their squads again this season?

Yes ... if they get through to the knockout stage. Ahead of the round of 16, by 24:00 CET on 2 February, clubs can register a maximum of three new players. 

Any or all of the players from the above quota of three may have been fielded for another club in the qualifying phase, play-offs or group stage of the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League or UEFA Europa Conference League.

The overall limit of 25 players on List A remains, though, along with the quota of eight locally-trained players.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Well tell him to wash his hands after he has a shite then...Jeezo these Australian cavemen eh?

:lol:

Worse than my teenager

BackOfTheNet

Should add to my previous, the only exception to the 3 substitution in squad registration between groups and knock-outs is if one of only two keepers registered has long term injury or sickness (longer than 30 days) then a temporary change to the squad registration can be made (staying within the “A list” rules I presume).

13 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Absolutely no chance will Boyle ever end up at Hearts. I’d definitely take him but if he is coming back to Scotland it’s Hibs or at a push Aberdeen (he supports them).

If he wants to come back to a big club that’s going places, where he might win something, there’s only one option outside OF and it’s neither of the clubs you mention. Given Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen will all pay him similar wages then it’s  all about ambition. 

loveofthegame

More chance of Susan Boyle rocking up at Tynie than Martin Boyle. Why do folk even suggest that - less than nil chance.

Next....

Drew Wallace
1 minute ago, loveofthegame said:

More chance of Susan Boyle rocking up at Tynie than Martin Boyle. Why do folk even suggest that - less than nil chance.

Next....

Correct 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
36 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

That midfield pairing bossed the game against Stoke. I agree it's not our top pair but it looked absolutely solid less than a week prior.

Atkinson was ill and so it was like playing a man down. Once he came off, we were fine on defence and the bombing Edwards runs came to a stop.

True, but that was a pre-season friendly.

Against RC, on the other hand, Smith was miles off the pace.

Leveins Battalion

As things stand we are a few injuries away from looking threadbare,If we lose Gordon right now we are toiling big time,in defence Atkinson is still up and down performance wise and Sibbick has looked woeful since he came back.If we lose Kinglsey or Halkett for any period of time i'd be worried.For me Neilson is not at the level we require just now.Cochrane very good and consistent.

We have a few options for the centre of the park but still ended up with Michael Smith in there on Saturday which after a Summer of recruitment is baffling,not sure what is happening with Devlin but i'd have Grant in there going by his performaces since joining.

GMS is an absolute waste of a jersey and the sooner he is punted the better.Gino still has something to offer.

Up front we have not replaced Simms as the focal point,we need that pace and power to get us up the park and create space for your Shanklands,Forrests and Mackays.

Plenty to do in this transfer window..

4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:wtfvlad:

You obviously have a comprehension problem. There was no story to spin. Neilson saw something wrong and changed it in the first half. That is good management.

He saw something wrong and waited till halftime when we could of been 4 goals down and thank god County's shooting was bad. I don't expect to go to Tynie and watch Ross County give us the runaround in the first half.

18 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

As things stand we are a few injuries away from looking threadbare,If we lose Gordon right now we are toiling big time,in defence Atkinson is still up and down performance wise and Sibbick has looked woeful since he came back.If we lose Kinglsey or Halkett for any period of time i'd be worried.For me Neilson is not at the level we require just now.Cochrane very good and consistent.

We have a few options for the centre of the park but still ended up with Michael Smith in there on Saturday which after a Summer of recruitment is baffling,not sure what is happening with Devlin but i'd have Grant in there going by his performaces since joining.

GMS is an absolute waste of a jersey and the sooner he is punted the better.Gino still has something to offer.

Up front we have not replaced Simms as the focal point,we need that pace and power to get us up the park and create space for your Shanklands,Forrests and Mackays.

Excellent assessment, hard to disagree with any of it. I think we need a competent back up keeper, right sided defender, central midfielder and mobile striker. I think Savage and Neilson agree and are trying to get it right. My biggest worry is Gordon getting injured, it would be a catastrophe.

30 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Agree with all of this. 

We are nonwhere near as strong or as good as some internally or externally seem to think. 

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Think you are being very harsh on a lot of players there. How many centre backs do you want us to have because we currently have 5 first team centre backs (with at least 3 or 4 others who can play there.)

I do think we need to add 1 or 2 others but the squad is much stronger and good enough at least domestically then you give it credit.

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Couldn't have said it better myself 

This is the part of the season where I miss the Vlad days.

Players piling in the door. Always made for a fun transfer window. :laugh2:

9 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Please Joe, give us something soon. Groundhog Day returns 

Yep, bring back the fish puns. I'm bored!

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think you are being very harsh on a lot of players there. How many centre backs do you want us to have because we currently have 5 first team centre backs (with at least 3 or 4 others who can play there.)

I do think we need to add 1 or 2 others but the squad is much stronger and good enough at least domestically then you give it credit.

We more often than not play 3 at the back,i'm saying that if we lose the quality of either Halkett or Kinglsey that i'd be worried as neither Sibbick or Neilson fill me with confidence,neither are remotely close to the level of Souttar and for me that makes us weaker there than last season.

If i were to compare our Scottish Cup Final team in May to the team against RC on Saturday i think it's weaker,

Dick Dastardly
15 minutes ago, Bauld said:

This is the part of the season where I miss the Vlad days.

Players piling in the door. Always made for a fun transfer window. :laugh2:

I know what you mean. I'm fairly confident we will get in who we want/need, but the days are long without any rumours or signings. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It’s pretty clear that the main risk to HMFC is if our fans ever got any kind of say in things. Thank **** that is unlikely…

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s pretty clear that the main risk to HMFC is if our fans ever got any kind of say in things. Thank **** that is unlikely…

Aye our supports crap eh? :lol: 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Why not?  Bigger team more money and international colleagues. 

He would 100% get in our team too. 

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

You'd think his old man would have a word in his ear.

8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Couldn’t lace McKay’s left boot. 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Maybe not but he could trick a ref into thinking he'd done it

19 minutes ago, H.M.F.C1874 said:

The boy knows hee haw it seems.

Don't know if he's talking shite or not, but seems like two occasions now where clubs in that region haven't been easy to deal with at all. Interesting that we're looking there but if they're unwilling to engage with us then maybe best to just avoid the market altogether? Suspect these deals with markets we're less familair with take up a lot of time and energy. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Thats only because hes our player if being honest. 

23 minutes ago, H.M.F.C1874 said:

The boy knows hee haw it seems.

Fantasist who bases his fake stories on shite he picks up from other sources …………. like that agent guy on kickback 

2 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

You'd think his old man would have a word in his ear.

Not that it means much in terms of his next destination, but there have always been rumours up here that Boyle was actually a Hearts fan and only put the Aberdeen thing out there as a cover story to avoid the hassle when he was playing for Hibs.

Could be a lot of shite, but it comes from the Aberdeen end.

15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Who are we dropping for him 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Don't know if he's talking shite or not, but seems like two occasions now where clubs in that region haven't been easy to deal with at all. Interesting that we're looking there but if they're unwilling to engage with us then maybe best to just avoid the market altogether? Suspect these deals with markets we're less familair with take up a lot of time and energy. 

Yip,totally fantasy stuff imo.

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Boyce. 

He does not work as hard as Boyce though so we would be missing a link between midfield and attack 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You are kidding me right 😄 

From Saturday, Smith.

If he wasnt Hibs everyone would want Boyle. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

He does not work as hard as Boyce though so we would be missing a link between midfield and attack 

Would out BM behind Shanks.  Boyle on the right.   His pace would be frightening for us and offer something completely different. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***