*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

From Saturday, Smith.

If he wasnt Hibs everyone would want Boyle. 

So not Boyce or McKay now ……….

So Smith from Saturday means I assume you would play him in central midfield

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Would out BM behind Shanks.  Boyle on the right.   His pace would be frightening for us and offer something completely different. 

That some thing is throwing him self on the ground

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Sooks said:

So not Boyce or McKay now ……….

So Smith from Saturday means I assume you would play him in central midfield

No.   Would play McKay through the middle.  Wouldnt swap him for Boyle at all.  

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Sooks said:

That some thing is throwing him self on the ground

Are you complaining on any of our soft pens when GMS does the same?  Me Neither. 

Rick Sanchez

No shame in admitting I'd take Boyle...never happening though. Hopefully Forrest turns into that player with less diving.

Are you complaining on any of our soft pens when GMS does the same?  Me Neither. 

I would complain if it replaced our current forwards tactics of skinning the opposition defenders with skill ……….. GMS is a squad player so it would be a bit of an outlay to spend so much on his replacement ……… GMS is slower than him now but still has more skill with a ball

Boyle is pace and falling over ……….. thats it 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I would complain if it replaced our current forwards tactics of skinning the opposition defenders with skill ……….. GMS is a squad player so it would be a bit of an outlay to spend so much on his replacement ……… GMS is slower than him now but still has more skill with a ball

Boyle is pace and falling over ……….. thats it 

Letting Hibs getting in the way of debate tbh.   Watched the Aussie playoff and Boyle is a constant threat.  

I would change our tactics stopping ms playing in midfield and putting our most creative player more central.  yes. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Honestly think some people are massively over rating Martin Boyle here 

Glad I'm not the only one.

Being a standout for Hibs doesn't mean you'll get on our bench. Nevermind the starting XI

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wouldn't want the diving cheat anywhere near Hearts 

Just now, Bauld said:

Glad I'm not the only one.

Being a standout for Hibs doesn't mean you'll get on our bench. Nevermind the starting XI

Exactly 

Naisys Tackle

What is his derby record like out of interest 

Probably as poor as John McGinn or Scott Browns. 

I'd take Boyle. He's a good player that carried a piss poor Hibs team. 

But its a non-starter because the Saudi's will want their money back, £3m for a lukewarm season is horrific value, and even if we were in the running, Hibs have the advantage of saying they'll waive the rest of the fee they're owed. 

If I was Millwall after Ron name checking them, I'd be keen to make an offer just to piss him off :D 

9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Probably as poor as John McGinn or Scott Browns. 

I bet it is a fair bit poorer than McGinns and comparable to Browns 

This is like Griffiths at Hibs all over again where folk are making out he was some kind of hammer of the Hearts when the stats likely show something very different 

Naisys Tackle

I bet it is a fair bit poorer than McGinns and comparable to Browns 

This is like Griffiths at Hibs all over again where folk are making out he was some kind of hammer of the Hearts when the stats likely show something very different 

Both Griffiths and McGinn people said over rated when at them and wouldnt get a game for us.  Same as when Aberdeen or Dundee Utd sign decent players this summer. 

BackOfTheNet
20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

For him to be good the whole team needs to work around him to his strengths. He’s good, but nowhere near good enough for us to change how we play so drastically. Also, no point having that much pace if there’s no space to run into, and OF aside everyone else sits in deep against us. But even though I say he’s good, he’s nowhere near £3 million good. Far from it. People are overrating him, definitely.

34 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Thats only because hes our player if being honest. 

Naw. It really isn’t. Boyce is also twice the player he is. If you really know the game you’ll see that. 

Boyle had a decent 12-18 months but the best level he’ll ever play is the Scottish Prem and the biggest team he’ll ever play for is Hibs. 

Boyle will definitely end up back at Hibs.

As for Josh Ginnelly……his departure won’t weaken us in the slightest. He’s had a handful of decent cameos but the rest of the time he’s been mostly nothing player.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, DS98 said:

Naw. It really isn’t. Boyce is also twice the player he is. If you really know the game you’ll see that. 

Boyle had a decent 12-18 months but the best level he’ll ever play is the Scottish Prem and the biggest team he’ll ever play for is Hibs. 

They are two completely different players.  

Boyle just sold for £3m mate.  We got Boyce from Burton.  The Saudis are bigger than the wee team too. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Both Griffiths and McGinn people said over rated when at them and wouldnt get a game for us.  Same as when Aberdeen or Dundee Utd sign decent players this summer. 

Some posters really embarrassed themselves talking down John McGinn. Absolutely brilliant player for Villa and Scotland.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Some posters really embarrassed themselves talking down John McGinn. Absolutely brilliant player for Villa and Scotland.

Yep.

Some times you have to look at things logically. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Boyle just sold for £3m mate.  We got Boyce from Burton.  The Saudis are bigger than the wee team too. 

You just said earlier you would drop Boyce for Boyle. You also just said we only think Barrie McKay is better because he’s our player. Those are strange opinions from a Hearts fan.

Who cares what he went for? Doig went for £3m, does that make him better than Kingsley? Boyle had a good 18 months then was absolutely shit last season like his team. He’ll lose his pace sooner rather than later then that’s him done. Look at GMS. Better player and much better career. Turned 30, lost a yard and now more or less useless. 

19 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Griffiths was never that good against us at Hibs but he was fortunate enough to get a move to a club with much better players where his record improved

Boyle would be the same if he was at a bigger club but it would not change the fact he was not that great against us before then

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://keltyhearts.co.uk/welcome-to-kelty-hearts-cammy-logan/

Cammy Logan has gone on loan to Kelty Hearts for the season.

Wonder if its seen as he is too old for the Under 20s, and with Atkinson, Michael Smith and Neilson in front of him at right back its better to send him on loan.

That’s what I’m thinking. Guess the rumours of Smith going off to the US were unfounded. Not sure about Neilson at RB (swore I’ve said that about 15 years ago too :wink:), but since it’s not a position that’s been mentioned by anyone at the club we’re looking at, then I guess Atkinson/Smith/Neilson it is. As for Logan, were Cove in League 1 when he was there? Like Kelty are now?

18 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Three million for Boyle was button up the back stuff by the Saudis ……… as was demonstrated with the impact he had 

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Exactly. Desperate stuff. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

You just said earlier you would drop Boyce for Boyle. You also just said we only think Barrie McKay is better because he’s our player. Those are strange opinions from a Hearts fan.

Who cares what he went for? Doig went for £3m, does that make him better than Kingsley? Boyle had a good 18 months then was absolutely shit last season like his team. He’ll lose his pace sooner rather than later then that’s him done. Look at GMS. Better player and much better career. Turned 30, lost a yard and now more or less useless. 

Where did I say BM is better because hes our player?  Hes imo our second best player and nothing to do with him playing for us.   Would move him into the middle like we done SPH though.

Boyle is better than Boyce, yes.  He will lose his pace but right now he would be more of an addition to our team.  

If Dundee Utd signed Forrest for example same posters on here wouldnt be saying hes good enough for us, but he is.  

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Griffiths was never that good against us at Hibs but he was fortunate enough to get a move to a club with much better players where his record improved

Boyle would be the same if he was at a bigger club but it would not change the fact he was not that great against us before then

They are crap.  Never take into consideration how they lose a derby. 

Realistically Boyle would improve our team as would Levitt before he went to Dundee utd.  

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Martin Boyle is never Hearts quality.

Behave yourselves. 

He would be if we looked online tomorrow and we went in for him.  Thats a fact. 

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Where did I say BM is better because hes our player?  Hes imo our second best player and nothing to do with him playing for us.   Would move him into the middle like we done SPH though.

Boyle is better than Boyce, yes.  He will lose his pace but right now he would be more of an addition to our team.  

If Dundee Utd signed Forrest for example same posters on here wouldnt be saying hes good enough for us, but he is.  

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Why not?  Bigger team more money and international colleagues. 

He would 100% get in our team too. 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Couldn’t lace McKay’s left boot. 

👆

They are crap.  Never take into consideration how they lose a derby. 

Realistically Boyle would improve our team as would Levitt before he went to Dundee utd.  

Levitt would have been a very good signing

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Sooks said:

Agree.  Will make them a pretty penny too. 

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Nah, there's various registration windows for Europe before each round up until the transfer window closes. 

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

See below

Cruyff is correct, however if we want players to play against Linfield or Zurich then they have to sign and resister with us / the SFA in time for the finalising of the squad a week tomorrow.

There are substitutions that can be made, capped at 2 or 3, with each new registration. So, once 1st September window closes we submit our final group stage squad registration, but I believe we can only make those squad substitutions at that time. Which would mean if we sign 3-4 players, there’s a danger of one or two missing out due to the cap on registration substitutions.

Could be wrong on that though, I always thought there was a clean slate once the playoffs were over and you had to register for actual groups, but someone else on here said it’s still substitutions.

Cool 👍

Agree.  Will make them a pretty penny too. 

I would have liked to have taken Fuchs too as he would have been the ideal cover with Beni being out injured in my opinion 

6 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He would be if we looked online tomorrow and we went in for him.  Thats a fact. 

Aye because it would piss Hibs fans off.  :lol:

Naisys Tackle

I would have liked to have taken Fuchs too as he would have been the ideal cover with Beni being out injured in my opinion 

Yeah quality player. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah quality player. 

I suspect Dundee United are paying higher wages than us for a few players  …………. I expect a nother season of massive losses for them and I wonder how long their owner will suck that up 

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Excellent technical ability. Jack Ross has made some good signings since he went there. 

11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Couldn’t lace McKay’s left boot. 

There you go. Madness. 

I’d love to hear who else from Hibs you think is better than our players but this isn’t the thread for it. And as for your opinion on Boyce, that might be a closer argument but let’s revisit this on Sunday after he’s ripped ‘Porto’ and new arsehole and reduced Rocky to tears.  

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Sooks said:

I suspect Dundee United are paying higher wages than us for a few players  …………. I expect a nother season of massive losses for them and I wonder how long their owner will suck that up 

Defo backing creepy Jack.  Have got the Shankland and Fuchs money to back them up though. 

We are that stable we dont need to gamble on selling players though, we have players happy and in their prime mainly.  

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Excellent technical ability. Jack Ross has made some good signings since he went there. 

Agreed 

15 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Martin Boyle is a good player in my opinion. His pace frightens teams and he can score goals.

Have to agree, he would be an option off the bench for us, too expensive an option

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***