*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

6 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Another bugbear I have about this coaching lark is that we keep seeing exactly the same goal. It happened again with our first on Saturday. A lot of clever patient play on the edge of their box leading to someone getting the ball towards the by-line, then firing in a low cross and there's a Hearts player in the middle to fire it in.

How often do we have to suffer this?

If it carries on, I'm giving up my season ticket.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Another bugbear I have about this coaching lark is that we keep seeing exactly the same goal. It happened again with our first on Saturday. A lot of clever patient play on the edge of their box leading to someone getting the ball towards the by-line, then firing in a low cross and there's a Hearts player in the middle to knock it in.

How often do we have to suffer this?

:rofl:

I'm disgusted, hopefully this Korean player never shows his face, and that Forrest, oh my, he seems to score too many already

I'm guessing as time goes on we are getting further down our list of targets to the point where we have to consider are they an improvement on what we already have.

I don't doubt we can increase our squad size with a few loans in the coming weeks.

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I'm guessing as time goes on we are getting further down our list of targets to the point where we have to consider are they an improvement on what we already have.

I don't doubt we can increase our squad size with a few loans in the coming weeks.

I don't think that's necessarily true, we may have targets who we thought might not be achievable but for whatever reason haven't got a move they wanted and are now available. 

Clerry Jambo

I’ll keep my powder dry on transfers until end of window. As things stand hard to tell if we will be better or not from last season. Like look of Forrest though. For me back up keeper and striker needed. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I don't think that's necessarily true, we may have targets who we thought might not be achievable but for whatever reason haven't got a move they wanted and are now available. 

Plus more targets become available as better teams finally decide who is in their first team squad and who they will let move on, either on a loan or permanently. 

45 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The story of USG always fascinates me, their signing policy is absolutely terrific, and other clubs could learn a lot from them, to take German 3rd division players, and one from Brighton on loan, and one from Accrington Stanley (who are they?), and lose their top stars from last season, and still hammer Rangers 2-0 (going on 5-0) the way they did, is fairytale stuff, it's just a shame the Belgian league system is absolutely screwed up at the end of the season, imagine they had those playoffs here in the same format, it would never happen because it would hamper the Old Firm. 

Exactly!

38 minutes ago, Ruuuudy said:

Read in a Tom Jones voice

😂 it works haha... made me chuckle that did 

On 03/08/2022 at 00:24, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If we hadn't have subbed Atkinson in the first half and adjusted with Smith playing more as a pure right back then you would be right. But as Neilson did that you are havering!

If this and if that. I want Neilson to prove he’s a better manager rather than him spinning the story. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Still think we will sign another 4. Expect a couple to leave still.

GMS and Ginnelly?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

GMS and Ginnelly?

Although neither really been playing I still think Gino could have a role in the squad 

Neverforgetfiveone
22 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If this and if that. I want Neilson to prove he’s a better manager rather than him spinning the story. 

Sometimes players have to sort it out, not all down to the manager… Atkinson has had a mare, and should have grown a pair, sorted his own performance out. That game will do him good for his experience! Sometimes you need the players to figure it out for themselves… if you just sub him it lets him off the hook! 

16 minutes ago, Andyp1874 said:

Although neither really been playing I still think Gino could have a role in the squad 

I actually think he’s the one that should go. Still doesn’t look like a team player 

gorgieheart
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Think you forget that when they do get games they switch left and right anyway so what's the difference a few yards further in? GMS is two-footed and Ginelly also ends up through the middle at times. McEneff was signed as a 10, a box-to-box midfielder but was rarely played through the middle, more wide right. Walker could play the 10 but was dropped to let a striker (Boy e) play there instead. Woodburn arrived and looked decent getting forward but rarely got a chance. He proved what he was in that friendly when he scored one and made the other, a friendly yes but man of the match on his debut. Mackay ayed on the right wing when he first came and actually reminded me of Colquhoun in certain ways, now he's through the middle as well so yes, the majority of the players from defence forward can play in any of the midfield attacking positions. Halliday has proved it, Cochrane also, Grant (although early days yet), Forest and probably one or two others I've forgotten about. Its not a bad thing but it does reduce players doing their natural thing. GMS has already been quoted as saying he's more comfortable playing as an out and out attacker but he's been played as a wingback. I never said that, he did. 

not sure what games you watch , or better still what angel you watch them from, but some howlers in your latest rambling bufoonery !

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Time seems to be dragging, somehow feels as if we should be near the end of the window, reality still 4 weeks, plenty of time, however start of the season and impending European matches, skews our rationale, would imagine Joe and Rob are quite cool on it.

Ideally you would want your 25 in now, however that is no easy task, ironically the better you get the harder it becomes to increase your quality, would imagine this is even a problem for Uglies

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Time seems to be dragging, somehow feels as if we should be near the end of the window, reality still 4 weeks, plenty of time, however start of the season and impending European matches, skews our rationale, would imagine Joe and Rob are quite cool on it.

Ideally you would want your 25 in now, however that is no easy task, ironically the better you get the harder it becomes to increase your quality, would imagine this is even a problem for Uglies

argument here is that our best attacking player didnt arrive until September last season (McKay), and i feel like the players we have brought in now are better than what we started with last season so we've done our business reasonably early - but still feel like we need some more spark, Korean Lee levels

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

argument here is that our best attacking player didnt arrive until September last season (McKay), and i feel like the players we have brought in now are better than what we started with last season so we've done our business reasonably early - but still feel like we need some more spark, Korean Lee levels

Yeah, I agree, was hoping we would be tooled up prior to this Sunday, but if it means waiting for a better option than say Davenport for arguments sake, then it is the right thing to do, just patience is not high on a football fans skillset, and I include myself

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Not sure we have a plan b option just now. Lots of nice footballers and a good finisher. Great stuff. But if we need power or pace injected not sure we have it in locker

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Not sure we have a plan b option just now. Lots of nice footballers and a good finisher. Great stuff. But if we need power or pace injected not sure we have it in locker

Gino? I know he's very one dimensional but his pace does cause some of the lesser teams issues (saints at home, Motherwell away etc). Power i agree, i would like a big laddie up top. 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Yeah, I agree, was hoping we would be tooled up prior to this Sunday, but if it means waiting for a better option than say Davenport for arguments sake, then it is the right thing to do, just patience is not high on a football fans skillset, and I include myself

genuinely, i think Saturday was just rustiness. County have dominated their league cup group so are high off that - and are a good side - but even with a slow team and poor start we still won. We didnt start with a good midfield, Neilson will know this, saving our more key players like Devlin etc for the derby. Risk doing so is we could have lost, however we didnt, and it was a good risk to play if it meant having an even stronger team raring to go. But ideally we dont ever play with that starting team again lol

Rogue Daddy
16 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Sometimes players have to sort it out, not all down to the manager… Atkinson has had a mare, and should have grown a pair, sorted his own performance out. That game will do him good for his experience! Sometimes you need the players to figure it out for themselves… if you just sub him it lets him off the hook! 

...he seemed to hit the deck with nobody around him. I just assumed it was a hamstring tweak or similar.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

genuinely, i think Saturday was just rustiness. County have dominated their league cup group so are high off that - and are a good side - but even with a slow team and poor start we still won. We didnt start with a good midfield, Neilson will know this, saving our more key players like Devlin etc for the derby. Risk doing so is we could have lost, however we didnt, and it was a good risk to play if it meant having an even stronger team raring to go. But ideally we dont ever play with that starting team again lol

This ☝️... I actually think they were probably the 4th best side, at the end of last season - their crap start to the season cost them valuable points. Malky has a chequered past, but he's done a decent job with County. Very difficult to beat at home... even gave the uglies a hard time in Inverness. Saturday was a very good result (given our slow 1st half start).

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

This ☝️... I actually think they were probably the 4th best side, at the end of last season - their crap start to the season cost them valuable points. Malky has a chequered past, but he's done a decent job with County. Very difficult to beat at home... even gave the uglies a hard time in Inverness. Saturday was a very good result (given our slow 1st half start).

totally. Better than Motherwell. Still angry we gave that mob something to cheer about in that split game. It was a very good result and always good to start winning ways. But rather than celebrate a win to start, folk wont to focus on how poor we were! 3 points is 3 points :D

11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...he seemed to hit the deck with nobody around him. I just assumed it was a hamstring tweak or similar.

29 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Neilson confirmed Atkinson was ill and that's why he was removed.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Andyp1874 said:

I think both could, as they did last season but they’ve both slipped down the pecking order. Might be an idea to try and turn Gino into a striker. 

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Yip

It’s finding clubs for them I suppose and whether RN sees a role for them. 

Rick Sanchez

Gino doesn't look as happy as when he first came so I wouldn't be surprised if he's asked to leave. As always, if we can replace him with what we believe to be better, go for it.

Strange though, as I'd have imagined his pace would have been utilised in Europe.

Ginnelly looks like a guy who knows he's leaving. GMS might be worth keeping. Loads of games before World Cup. We will need a squad. 

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Gino as striker is a good shout. gives us a more direct route to teams parking the bus.

Eh ? parking the bus means sitting deep and in numbers. No space for pacey players to run into. Ginos few decent games have been against teams with a high line who leave space behind them or who defend narrow leaving wide space 

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Gino as striker is a good shout. gives us a more direct route to teams parking the bus.

Surely if a team has parked the bus there is no space behind for pace to be useful - you need someone to pick the lock (eg Mckay, Grant). When we've parked the bus you want pace on the counter, when Ginelly becomes invaluable. Personally I'd keep him over GMS if possible 

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

GMS and Ginnelly?

I still believe both players can be utilised during the course of this season. 

Im not ready to write them off just yet. They still have quality and would still walk into most SPFL sides  

45 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I actually think he’s the one that should go. Still doesn’t look like a team player 

Think he offers something but different and pace to come on 

johnking123
1 minute ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Im not ready to write them off just yet. They still have quality and would still walk into most SPFL sides  

Maybe. But we are talking leveling up again. Who comes in will be better.

1 minute ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Aye. Let them walk into another SPFL side and save their wages because they’re not walking into ours.

upgotheheads

I would keep both but between the two Ginnelly offers something different that we don't have in abundance, sheer pace.

I eouod imagine we will see at least a couple of loans coming in from the Premier league before the end of the window like simms and cochrane type players. I'm sure Robbie and savage will have  a list but will have to wait till clubs have done their pre season and made a decision on players and whether to loan them out or not. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

:wtfvlad:

You obviously have a comprehension problem. There was no story to spin. Neilson saw something wrong and changed it in the first half. That is good management.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Totally agree, but we might have something similar Sunday. Suspect Atkinson will not start, and Halliday will move into Smith role. Grant off the bench if required, though he did have a good game, horses for courses, the experience of Halliday might just serve us well in this  one

BackOfTheNet

The thing is we have two transfer deadlines really, the main one that ends September 1st (so 4 weeks today) and the Europa qualifier deadline August 12th (a week tomorrow).

So, on one hand we’ve got plenty of time before the window closes. On the other hand if we want any new signing to play against Linfield/Zurich, we need them in and registered quick. And on one hand we’re pretty solid as a squad now, domestically at least, so there’s no need to panic, on the other hand there’s 7 games between now and the end of the window that can have an impact on our season. Plus, new signings need time to bed.

It’s certainly a case of risk / reward and some mind games between clubs going on. Difficult for us fans. I’m not hitting the panic button. But I don’t think we’ve got as much time as it seems, especially when taking into account players needing time to bed in. Also, we’ll very unlikely repeat what we did with McKay last season and get someone in after the window closes, as anyone who does sign does so knowing they can’t play in any European group games.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The question is when 😉

As I pointed out yesterday, I would not hold you breath for anything soon if last season is anything to go by. Last August we made our first signing of the month on the 23rd. (though 2 others signed in a week and a day.)

Phil D. Corners
16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye. Let them walk into another SPFL side and save their wages because they’re not walking into ours.

I still believe we’ll need to call on them this season. So the worth the wage. 

Byyy The Light
19 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Exactly this. Long hard season ahead and like you say these guys would start at 75% of teams in the league.  Not sure why people seem in a rush to ship them out.  Better having a settled squad in my book.

2 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I still believe we’ll need to call on them this season. So the worth the wage. 

I’d rather call on better players

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***