*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

There you go. Madness. 

I’d love to hear who else from Hibs you think is better than our players but this isn’t the thread for it. And as for your opinion on Boyce, that might be a closer argument but let’s revisit this on Sunday after he’s ripped ‘Porto’ and new arsehole and reduced Rocky to tears.  

Nah selective quoting and if I did say that its mistaken.

Categorically would never swap BM for MB.  i would move BM into the middle though. 

Why would I care about hibs players getting in our team?  Boyle doesnt play for them :lol: 

Boyce wont start on Sunday.  Like Saturday.  

Edited by Robbies Tackle

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

It’s hard to say how Boyle would do if we signed him. Hibs sort of built their style of play around his pace. We wouldn’t change how we play to accommodate one player. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s hard to say how Boyle would do if we signed him. Hibs sort of built their style of play around his pace. We wouldn’t change how we play to accommodate one player. 

In Europe playing away if we need an output his running would give that.  Same as in Glasgow.  

Probably too expensive while trying to break down sides at home mind you. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

In Europe playing away if we need an output his running would give that.  Same as in Glasgow.  

Probably too expensive while trying to break down sides at home mind you. 

Yeah maybe. I wouldn’t be against signing him but I think he’s peaked at Hibs. Decent player though. 

31 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Are we in for Boyle 🤔

Nope. Gives the usual suspects another 10 pages of drivel to spout though. 🙄

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

As things stand we are a few injuries away from looking threadbare,If we lose Gordon right now we are toiling big time,in defence Atkinson is still up and down performance wise and Sibbick has looked woeful since he came back.If we lose Kinglsey or Halkett for any period of time i'd be worried.For me Neilson is not at the level we require just now.Cochrane very good and consistent.

We have a few options for the centre of the park but still ended up with Michael Smith in there on Saturday which after a Summer of recruitment is baffling,not sure what is happening with Devlin but i'd have Grant in there going by his performaces since joining.

GMS is an absolute waste of a jersey and the sooner he is punted the better.Gino still has something to offer.

Up front we have not replaced Simms as the focal point,we need that pace and power to get us up the park and create space for your Shanklands,Forrests and Mackays.

Plenty to do in this transfer window..

That's where I stopped reading

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Not that it means much in terms of his next destination, but there have always been rumours up here that Boyle was actually a Hearts fan and only put the Aberdeen thing out there as a cover story to avoid the hassle when he was playing for Hibs.

Could be a lot of shite, but it comes from the Aberdeen end.

Not sure mate but his dad is a Jambo.  What good father wouldn't bring their son up to support the same team?  I'm waiting for the backlash from some Jambo who's son supports whatever team his wife supports.  I know it happens... just not in ma hoose!

Just now, upgotheheads said:

That's where I stopped reading

He’s a young player struggling for consistency but some posters need to be fair. He’s had really strong half’s and some great moments, nowhere near woeful. 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

Are you having that? Hmmm I’m more likely to think that Neilson has done him a favour there….? Manager protecting his player

The guy was ill; are you implying that the whole illness thing is a complex charade?

Let it go

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Fantasist who bases his fake stories on shite he picks up from other sources …………. like that agent guy on kickback 

Some Hearts fans should give this scheister some complaints on twatter; he's now trying to embarrass the club

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Who are we dropping for him 

Nobody; we would rotate him into the team like most other players

I would take him if it didn't cost plenty; it would make sense for several reasons

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

No shame in admitting I'd take Boyle...never happening though. Hopefully Forrest turns into that player with less diving.

Hopefully Gino turns into that player with less indecision / fannying about

Time running out fast for him, maybe, though

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Clarity

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

He saw something wrong and waited till halftime when we could of been 4 goals down and thank god County's shooting was bad. I don't expect to go to Tynie and watch Ross County give us the runaround in the first half.

Sub after 28 mins!!   You either weren’t  at the game or you fell asleep. Either way get your facts right before criticising folk. 

Boyle was effective at Hibs because they played to his strengths. Hibs have been lost without him. He tore the Huns a new one in the league cup semi final last season. Not often you see a player do that to Rangers or Celtic, especially in Glasgow. 

His interviews since the moment he left looked like he wanted back there as soon as. 

Batistuta87

That Journo who has been tweeting about the Lee Seung-Woo story is saying the deal is dead. Someone please tell us he's talking out his arse?? 

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

That Journo who has been tweeting about the Lee Seung-Woo story is saying the deal is dead. Someone please tell us he's talking out his arse?? 

You have to wonder if Barry Anderson has jumped the gun on this one!

Ronald Villiers
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Correct.  All Hibs did was play the long diagonal ball for Boyle to run on to.  Shit way to play football.  Reminds me of my laddies team when he was under 12's.  The big striker would start his run and the coach would shout 'shell it'.  Any player that had the ball knew to punt it up the pitch to the big laddie and he'd race onto it and lob the 4 foot keeper.  Eye bleeding poor football.

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Probably shite in the first place. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I'd take Boyle. He's a good player that carried a piss poor Hibs team. 

But its a non-starter because the Saudi's will want their money back, £3m for a lukewarm season is horrific value, and even if we were in the running, Hibs have the advantage of saying they'll waive the rest of the fee they're owed. 

If I was Millwall after Ron name checking them, I'd be keen to make an offer just to piss him off :D 

Nobody will give them their money back. If Hibs waive the rest of the fee, say £1m, then that means they are paying £1m for him. No chance of that. Ron will have that £1m destined for his Peruvian bank account. Most likely some club will take him on loan and pay bulk of his wages. 

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The guy was ill; are you implying that the whole illness thing is a complex charade?

Let it go

Some Hearts fans should give this scheister some complaints on twatter; he's now trying to embarrass the club

Nobody; we would rotate him into the team like most other players

I would take him if it didn't cost plenty; it would make sense for several reasons

Hopefully Gino turns into that player with less indecision / fannying about

Time running out fast for him, maybe, though

-

Can not see him coming here for a smaller wage to sit on the bench ………. I am not saying he is a shit player I just think we could get a lot better than a rotation player for the money it would cost us 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

The guy isn't a journo. Just some Twitter nobody with "ITK" in his username. :lol:

KyleLafferty
18 minutes ago, brux said:

Have to agree, he would be an option off the bench for us, too expensive an option

Martin Boyle would start for Hearts.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Nobody will give them their money back. If Hibs waive the rest of the fee, say £1m, then that means they are paying £1m for him. No chance of that. Ron will have that £1m destined for his Peruvian bank account. Most likely some club will take him on loan and pay bulk of his wages. 

True, would say the natives are getting restless though. Boyle would calm them down which would allow Ron to leech longer. Thing is, Scottish clubs outside the OF don't pay seven figure transfer fees, which this effectively would be if they waive it. So its kind of hard to see it. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

True, would say the natives are getting restless though. Boyle would calm them down which would allow Ron to leech longer. Thing is, Scottish clubs outside the OF don't pay seven figure transfer fees, which this effectively would be if they waive it. So its kind of hard to see it. 

Yes, he needs to be playing at a higher level than Saudi league 2 to keep his place in World Cup squad. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

He saw something wrong and waited till halftime when we could of been 4 goals down and thank god County's shooting was bad. I don't expect to go to Tynie and watch Ross County give us the runaround in the first half.

Were you still in the Merchie for the first half bud? It was just about the half hour mark, made a change and tbh we should really have got one up just before half time. 

KyleLafferty
Just now, Cruyff said:

:tlj:

Behave. 

He scores goals, absolute lightening quick. International player. He would start in my opinion. He’s a cheating ******* and it’s never happening but he is an effective player. No many players score a hattrick in a semi final against Rangers at Hampden.

Just now, sadj said:

Were you still in the Merchie for the first half bud? It was just about the half hour mark, made a change and tbh we should really have got one up just before half time. 

yep sub happened on 28 minutes

56 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://keltyhearts.co.uk/welcome-to-kelty-hearts-cammy-logan/

Cammy Logan has gone on loan to Kelty Hearts for the season.

Wonder if its seen as he is too old for the Under 20s, and with Atkinson, Michael Smith and Neilson in front of him at right back its better to send him on loan.

Last year of contract and last chance saloon at Hearts. Standout at Kelty and he will be Atkinson’s deputy next season. 

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

McKay Shankland Boyle 

So Forrest then ……….. no thanks I would rather give Forrest game time and I think he is the more skill full player 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

To be fair, I think it was obvious well before the substitution that there was a problem and he should have been subbed before he went down with what looked like a leg injury 

6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Martin Boyle would start for Hearts.

Sometimes. Once the squad is fit and complete there will  be very few guaranteed starters. Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley, Beni, McKay and maybe Devlin.  Even then anyone suffering a drop in form could see themselves benched. 

Watt-Zeefuik

You don't have to like him or want to see him in a Hearts top to say that Boyle is a quality player. He was a big reason they got third and their form collapsed when he left.

5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

McKay Shankland Boyle 

ffs :lol: 

Shankland/Boyce are strikers and he certainly ain’t better than McKay.

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He scores goals, absolute lightening quick. International player. He would start in my opinion. He’s a cheating ******* and it’s never happening but he is an effective player. No many players score a hattrick in a semi final against Rangers at Hampden.

He's certainly effective if you're entire game plan is punt it down the channels. Never a Hearts player in his puff mind you. We've got actual ball players McKay, Forrest, Grant who are technically better, he's a runner. 

KyleLafferty
Just now, Chaps said:

ffs :lol: 

Shankland/Boyce are strikers and he certainly ain’t better than McKay.

What you on about? I’ve put Boyle on the right of the front 3 where Forrest is. And never said he was better than McKay. Infact he’s a completely different player to McKay.

KyleLafferty
Just now, Cruyff said:

He's certainly effective if you're entire game plan is punt it down the channels. Never a Hearts player in his puff mind you. We've got actual ball players McKay, Forrest, Grant who are technically better, he's a runner. 

Something we need is players running in behind. Hope we sign one that does.

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Something we need is players running in behind. Hope we sign one that does.

We do but preferably one with good technical ability and brains. Not just a road runner. 

Edited by Cruyff

KyleLafferty
Just now, Cruyff said:

We do but preferably one with good technical ability. 

He probably isn’t the most technical player but he’s effective. 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Last year of contract and last chance saloon at Hearts. Standout at Kelty and he will be Atkinson’s deputy next season. 

One position that is up for grabs for a young player of quality. Sorry, I think Atkinson has been poor against decent opposition not just Ross Co. and Smith is not going to be here much longer. 

The White Cockade
25 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

McKay Shankland Boyle 

Forrest is going to be great for us

Far more of a Complete player than meep meep

18 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

You don't have to like him or want to see him in a Hearts top to say that Boyle is a quality player. He was a big reason they got third and their form collapsed when he left.

Exactly, there’s nothing wrong admitting a hibs player or ex hibs player is actually quite good and could get in our team🤷‍♂️

This Boyle chat is absolutely chronic, there is zero chance of him coming to Hearts absolutely zero.

The only Scottish club he comes back to is Hibs if they waive the rest of the unpaid transfer fee in return for his signature. 

That's probably the most likely outcome tbh as  he's daft enough to take a huge pay cut. Thick as mince .

Edited by ramrod

4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Forrest is going to be great for us

Far more of a Complete player than meep meep

Naive comment. Last season when Forrest was at Livi abs Boyle at Hibs, no chance you say that. 

Boyle would 100% get in our team the majority of the time.

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Naive comment. Last season when Forrest was at Livi abs Boyle at Hibs, no chance you say that. 

Boyle would 100% get in our team the majority of the time.

I would 100% say forrest over Boyle. Hibs were rotten last season, Livi were okay. Boyle is one dimensional and does nothing else but run fast. He’s almost 30 too so past his best

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Batistuta87

McKay is better than Boyle but Boyle is probably very slightly better than Forrest. Forrest however is 4y younger and easily has the potential to crack on and be better - he just isn't quite, currently. 

He probably wouldn't come anywhere near us though, and I can't see us going near him either. If he wasn't immediately awesome he and Robbie would be getting it tight from the Robbie Oot crowd.

Case closed 😎

Edited by Batistuta87

58 minutes ago, Carter said:

Boyle was effective at Hibs because they played to his strengths. Hibs have been lost without him. He tore the Huns a new one in the league cup semi final last season. Not often you see a player do that to Rangers or Celtic, especially in Glasgow. 

His interviews since the moment he left looked like he wanted back there as soon as. 

I'm sure I've seen Ginnelly do that against Celtic and we're being told on here he isn't good enough to stay with us.

4 minutes ago, number-16 said:

I'm sure I've seen Ginnelly do that against Celtic and we're being told on here he isn't good enough to stay with us.

When did Ginelly score a hat-trick against Celtic anywhere never mind in Glasgow? 

3 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Ginnelly is an odd one. Looked good in loan spell and seemed to regress last season. Love to see him use his pace effectively. The odd glimpse here and there. 

He never had the impact of a hat trick against the Huns in a semi though. We would be lauding that and rightly so.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***