*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Atkinson.

We were poor because Atkinson was ****ed and couldn't get back and forth, County weren't dangerous after the sub bar one deflection, Neilson wouldn't have made the sub but wouldn't have needed to perhaps if Natty was able.

Boyle. Last 3 derbies at Tynecastle. Lost hopelessly without him, 0 0 draw where Craig Gordon denies him, 0 2 where he scored twice. 

He is as good as Hibs have had bar McGinn. 

He is an old friend of my brother, as far as I'm aware never been a fan of any club

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

FarmerTweedy
On 03/08/2022 at 09:09, Mr Elwood P said:

Tell us you don't understand football without saying you don't understand football...

That's every post Mitch has ever made! 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

When did Ginelly score a hat-trick against Celtic anywhere never mind in Glasgow? 

It wasn't a hat-trick but he scored one, set up one and picked up a Man of the Match award against Celtic in the 2020 Cup Final (despite only just being back from an injury).

56 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

You don't have to like him or want to see him in a Hearts top to say that Boyle is a quality player. He was a big reason they got third and their form collapsed when he left.

Their form collapsed about 3 months before he left. He never scored in their last 10 and left them in the bottom half. 

I would be happy with a year long deal for Andy Carroll tbh. Fans of his latest club were gutted he wasn't offered another contract. Free agent. They say his attitude was spot on, he led the line well and still has it. I know he has had a history of injuries but feel he would have a bigger impact with us than Lafferty. Him & Shanks up front, assuming we were positive enough to play 2 strikers, would be a handful for any defence, including the OF. 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I would be happy with a year long deal for Andy Carroll tbh. Fans of his latest club were gutted he wasn't offered another contract. Free agent. They say his attitude was spot on, he led the line well and still has it. I know he has had a history of injuries but feel he would have a bigger impact with us than Lafferty. Him & Shanks up front, assuming we were positive enough to play 2 strikers, would be a handful for any defence, including the OF. 

This 👍🏻

Cart horse Andy Carroll, christ. Had enough of those types over the years. 

Barely stays fit. It’s no the levein era anymore lads… thankfully. 

44 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This Boyle chat is absolutely chronic, there is zero chance of him coming to Hearts absolutely zero.

The only Scottish club he comes back to is Hibs if they waive the rest of the unpaid transfer fee in return for his signature. 

That's probably the most likely outcome tbh as  he's daft enough to take a huge pay cut. Thick as mince .

As far as I’m told, He can only go to Hibs unless they don’t want him, they have first refusal on him when he leaves the Saudi team. I’m fairly sure he’ll be back at Hibs this season.

Jean Louis Valois

Boyle has completely failed across there and is now desperately hoping his comfort blanket Hibs are stupid enough to take a massive financial hit and take him back, Which of course they are.

23 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Their form collapsed about 3 months before he left. He never scored in their last 10 and left them in the bottom half. 

Yes and they were slaughtering him for it on line 

Our priority should be a box to box midfielder and a striker which can run the channels. Still plenty time in the window mind.

Boyle... no thanks, with his ties to Hibs then we should not even entertain the idea of player like him.

49 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I think the issue will be money.

If he's fit and playing well I wouldn't have an issue paying him. If he's spending all his time on the treatment table or the bench I suspect folk would get upset, unless he's on a pay as you play deal.

We have stalled it seems 

Activity laboured,  Asian Markets which take weeks to process, even if true 

Dundee United looked solid tonight 

The Don's make their 10th signing 

We seem to be stuck, trialists proving themselves at this late stage In the game 

Tell you what I hope the wait is worth it boys 

JamboAndrew

Pretty sure this thread was the same last year. Doom. Robbie isn't good enough. We didn't recruit fast enough. Etc...

I really enjoyed hearts last season. And I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy us being in Europe till Christmas, and either 3rd or 4th this season. Which before folk get their knickers in a twist, woukd be fantastic. A cup win would be nice to top it off.

I've followed hearts long enough to to know that we are in a very good place.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Spookie said:

We have stalled it seems 

We seem to be stuck, trialists proving themselves at this late stage In the game 

Ramble.

This season will be tougher than last year. Aberdeen & Dundee Utd will be better. As for Hibs, it remains to be seen whether they have improved. 

We just need to make a few signings that are better than what we have to keep that gap from the rest. 

7 minutes ago, Spookie said:

We have stalled it seems 

We've a great squad which will be even better by the end of this month.

Aberdeen have made 10 signings. Who's cares? They had to, they were ****ing shite last year. No proof they are any better yet.

Utd drew with Kilmarnock at the weekend. Anything can happen on a Euro night at home as hopefully we will find out soon enough.

BackOfTheNet

We’re nowhere near panic stations. I personally want more signings (who doesn’t want more?), but although I’m impatient as the next guy, you have to let the recruitment team play their game. I’ve made my opinion known on some decisions that have been made in terms of what positions we should and shouldn’t be adding to, but until the window is closed I won’t judge the business done. Even then, we can only really judge the window come the end of the year, once we have hindsight as a new window opens.

Any one else picture chickens hanging off hooks sacks of spices and massive cauldrons of exotic food when ever some one talks about Asian markets

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, Gorgieshed said:

Naive comment. Last season when Forrest was at Livi abs Boyle at Hibs, no chance you say that. 

Boyle would 100% get in our team the majority of the time.

Most of us did

Forrest was v good for Livvy 

McKay Shankland and Forrest will do for me

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

This season will be tougher than last year. Aberdeen & Dundee Utd will be better. As for Hibs, it remains to be seen whether they have improved. 

We just need to make a few signings that are better than what we have to keep that gap from the rest. 

Looks likely to be a much more competitive league. Difficult to asses what's what until window is closed. We look a bit short on pace and we have no real physical threat in attack. 

Hoping a bit of quality is still to arrive. Doesn't feel we have made a signing yet that pushes us past what we did last year. 

1 hour ago, number-16 said:

It wasn't a hat-trick but he scored one, set up one and picked up a Man of the Match award against Celtic in the 2020 Cup Final (despite only just being back from an injury).

Hardly similar. He came on after an hour and yes he scored but he also missed a couple of great chances. Certainly nowhere close to scoring a hat-trick against Rangers at Hampden. 

13 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

Pretty sure this thread was the same last year. Doom. Robbie isn't good enough. We didn't recruit fast enough. Etc...

I really enjoyed hearts last season. And I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy us being in Europe till Christmas, and either 3rd or 4th this season. Which before folk get their knickers in a twist, woukd be fantastic. A cup win would be nice to top it off.

I've followed hearts long enough to to know that we are in a very good place.

Knickers in a twist 😂I’ve never heard that one for years 👍

Love the thought of Savage striding purposefully through a Korean street market dressed in a Safari suit and flip flops ……………. What ten thousand Won ……… no chance I will give you five or I walk away 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Any one else picture chickens hanging off hooks sacks of spices and massive cauldrons of exotic food when ever some one talks about Asian markets

No

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Looks likely to be a much more competitive league. Difficult to asses what's what until window is closed. We look a bit short on pace and we have no real physical threat in attack. 

Hoping a bit of quality is still to arrive. Doesn't feel we have made a signing yet that pushes us past what we did last year. 

Hard work takes time miracles take longer,  equally applies to getting the best deals for your club 

Under the floodlight
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Love the thought of Savage striding purposefully through a Korean street market dressed in a Safari suit and flip flops ……………. What ten thousand Won ……… no chance I will give you five or I walk away 

Or entering a martial arts contest on a privately owned island, defeating the island boss and coming back with a couple of top signings.😎

13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We’re nowhere near panic stations. I personally want more signings (who doesn’t want more?), but although I’m impatient as the next guy, you have to let the recruitment team play their game. I’ve made my opinion known on some decisions that have been made in terms of what positions we should and shouldn’t be adding to, but until the window is closed I won’t judge the business done. Even then, we can only really judge the window come the end of the year, once we have hindsight as a new window opens.

I really can’t believe the panic that’s happening tbh, the squad we have is very good. The last few signings are the ones we will be taking time on adding more quality now that we have the squad in place 

5 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Or entering a martial arts contest on a privately owned island, defeating the island boss and coming back with a couple of top signings.😎

Enter the Klaxon?

::troll::

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I really can’t believe the panic that’s happening tbh, the squad we have is very good. The last few signings are the ones we will be taking time on adding more quality now that we have the squad in place 

This is exactly where I am at. Signed a Scottish International striker and an Australian international defender and folk are greeting about quality. Grant and Forrest look like real gems. Reality check required for many!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I'd call it ignorance rather than panic

No panic it will come good. Most important for me is a fast strong striker that’s an absolute must to give us a different dimension. 

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Martin Boyle would start for Hearts.

Don't agree with that, there are 4 starters ahead of him, he would be an impact player, a good one but not a starter.

BackOfTheNet
27 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I can understand impatience, I’m guilty of that too, everyone wants their club to be active during the window. But panic is way off. We haven’t had the games yet, if we start losing games people can point to the recruitment (or lack thereof in their eyes) at that point. But until then, we can be content with how we’re doing on the points board and that we’re on target for our objectives.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It seems we need to get a bit more proficient in Asia to get deals sorted out.

Seems as if we flail a bit when trying to do deals across there.

Not really a criticism but I’d have hoped we’d have learned from the Japanese lad last year before we focussed on Lee.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Can not see him coming here for a smaller wage to sit on the bench ………. I am not saying he is a shit player I just think we could get a lot better than a rotation player for the money it would cost us 

The point was, most of the team will be rotated, even those first on the team sheet

If we wrap up games early, then we can take some of these key players off, therefore not need to rote so often, but I don't think that'll happen too often

Most games in this league are pretty tight

18 minutes ago, brux said:

Don't agree with that, there are 4 starters ahead of him, he would be an impact player, a good one but not a starter.

I agree as an impact player.    He'd come off the bench, run straight into the invisible man, fall over and claim a foul. 

Just incase anyone's wondering, I'm against that cheating prick signing for Hearts if it was possible. 

FarmerTweedy
14 hours ago, jambonian said:

I think that any midfielder that arrives are all coached to defend as well as get forward. That's my bugbear of a Neilson team. Let players do what they naturally do and stop coaching them all to play exactly the same. He says he's looking for more options in midfield, we'll..to be honest you could play anyone from defence forward in any of the positions so why waste more money on someone who will be no different to what we already have? The way they are coached, any of Grant, Forest, Mackay, Ginelly, GMS, Cochrane, Halliday, Atkinson, Devlin, even Haring can play in most positions and Kingsley could slip in there easily. Boyce also gets dropped back there, how long before Shankland drops back too? I believe the reason players like Walker, Woodburn and McEneff weren't defensive enough for Neilson and is why they were given very limited gametime. Its like he wants to mould everyone of them to be the same and take the  individuality out of them. This Davenport guy will be exactly the same. Go get another striker and central defender to replace Souttar, they should be the priority. 

What a load of absolute drivel!  Woodburn played loads and contributed very little, and McEneff had a few decent (and one very good) sub appearances, but was largely anonymous when starting. As for Walker, it's amazing how many Robbie haters still use the Brora debacle as a stick to beat him with, while simultaneously slagging him for not playing someone who failed to make any impact against Brora often enough in the Premiership! 

2 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Cart horse Andy Carroll, christ. Had enough of those types over the years. 

Barely stays fit. It’s no the levein era anymore lads… thankfully. 

Like I said, go & have a look at what the fans thought of him at his recent club. Those that actually watched him play. Cart horse lol. He's maybe not everybody's ideal striker but he's got at least a year left in him if not more. Injury prone yes, he has been but not much of a risk on a short term deal when you consider the 3 year deals offered for the likes of Sammon. Robbo benefited from Sandy Clark up front. I'm sure Shankland would love a similar type of target man. 

2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Boyle has completely failed across there and is now desperately hoping his comfort blanket Hibs are stupid enough to take a massive financial hit and take him back, Which of course they are.

In football terms there is no such thing there as success or failure. It’s a footballing void and nothing more than rich boys paying big money for average talent.

His move there has been very lucrative for him and very lucrative for Hibs. That’s the only measure of success when a player goes there. He’s clearly either homesick or can’t hack the lifestyle and wants to come back.

However Hibs will have to wave goodbye to a huge chunk of money to get him back, as will Boyle himself. If we were in Hibs shoes I’d expect us to keep the money (which is massive) and find another player in his ballpark talent wise, which wouldn’t be that difficult and would save them the best part of £2million

Edited by JimmyCant

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***