*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

6 minutes ago, H.M.F.C1874 said:

Fair play to the lad. Great opportunity for him if he's in and around that Newcastle team this season.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

32 minutes ago, brux said:

Why are we still following/giving this guy the time of day, he know jack 

Yes Jack is his brother and he is the real deal

jamboinglasgow

Story says that Hearts are going to offer Lee Seung-woo a pre-contract with the aim that we at least get him in January as his club is very reluctant to let him leave now. Hearts are still hoping to get him in this window.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Story says that Hearts are going to offer Lee Seung-woo a pre-contract with the aim that we at least get him in January as his club is very reluctant to let him leave now. Hearts are still hoping to get him in this window.

Shades of Vanecek.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Shades of Vanecek.

Dinny 🤣

This lad at least has a bit of pedigree and the fact that he's been at Barca surely means he's got something. Vanecek really just bounced around Eastern Europe his whole career. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Shades of Vanecek.

i know. It gives me the fear when we pre-contract players and they dont arrive til January. Mueller was the same at Hibs. Was made out to be the next messiah. But Lee does come with better pedigree as others have said

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Dinny 🤣

This lad at least has a bit of pedigree and the fact that he's been at Barca surely means he's got something. Vanecek really just bounced around Eastern Europe his whole career. 

As long as he knows not to go away for a month after the season finishes and put on lots of weight, then he will be fine. (I imagine the hope could be that he gets in the South Korean team for the world cup, then there wont be a problem with him coming back unfit.)

Absolute Scenes

hopefully this gives the team a fright knowing we would get him for free - at least they can get a bit of money now if they accept it

BackOfTheNet

Can’t see a player agreeing to a pre-contract to join any team after a World Cup when they could potentially impress on the world stage and get a bigger team/contract move off the back of it. The only thing I can see potentially swinging it, is if we happen to get a wee glamour draw in whatever group stage we go into, that might have interest in South Korea that would be high profile enough for him to want to showcase what he can do in a major club tournament to improve his WC squad chances.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

hopefully this gives the team a fright knowing we would get him for free - at least they can get a bit of money now if they accept it

Problem with that is we might see another John Souttar situation, where player wants the move but club doubles down and doesn't sell, but this time it would be the reverse for us.

36 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Came in the door last minute after some desperate results, when we were missing Haring. I would have said it was pretty desperate all in all

Damour was linked for weeks and signed ahead of the second league game of the season (lost the first 3-2 at Pittodrie after Hickey was sent off in the first). He was a long term target of Levein, who tried to sign him before he went to Cardiff.

Whelan was a week later and had also been chased for a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't say we were in a state of desperation at the time they signed. Unfortunately they were just rubbish.

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

As long as he knows not to go away for a month after the season finishes and put on lots of weight, then he will be fine. (I imagine the hope could be that he gets in the South Korean team for the world cup, then there wont be a problem with him coming back unfit.)

Haha that's right - Vanecek went biking round Thailand with his pals for a month before he joined us didn't he; and then thought a couple of jogs round the streets of Edinburgh would get him where he needed to be haha. What a donkey. Nae wonder Levein was raging with him. 

4 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

One thing I noticed last week with Shankland 

Whilst he’s not a Simms like player - he won’t get bullied at all. I was surprised at how he put himself about.

And he absolutely looks like a typical penalty box striker in that I think he will look to shoot at every opportunity. Something we have it had in a long time - we have the annoying habit of passing just at that moment 

It's a bit of a shame that he spent large chunks of the game miles away from the penalty box on his own.

I see in the media that Savage is suggesting we need a pacey player to run off of the likes of Shankland.

Seem as if they are not thinking of him as an out and out penalty box player with comments like that.

I watched the Dundee Utd game last night and as much as it pains me to say it Fletcher did a great job for them as a target man up front and held the ball or flicked it on.

In my opinion we need someone like that up front instead of Simms and I have no problem with another pacey player up front but we need different options.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Haha that's right - Vanecek went biking round Thailand with his pals for a month before he joined us didn't he; and then thought a couple of jogs round the streets of Edinburgh would get him where he needed to be haha. What a donkey. Nae wonder Levein was raging with him. 

Craig Levein on his Sacked in the Morning podcast talked more about it. Just mental how a player in this day and age can just show so little care for their fitness.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's a bit of a shame that he spent large chunks of the game miles away from the penalty box on his own.

I see in the media that Savage is suggesting we need a pacey player to run off of the likes of Shankland.

Seem as if they are not thinking of him as an out and out penalty box player with comments like that.

I watched the Dundee Utd game last night and as much as it pains me to say it Fletcher did a great job for them as a target man up front and held the ball or flicked it on.

In my opinion we need someone like that up front instead of Simms and I have no problem with another pacey player up front but we need different options.

he had to, to get any service on saturday

Nothing of the sort, quite clearly states we need a different approach having someone with a bit more pace. 

Fletcher is an absolute huddy, won a few headers and that was it. Basics of a striker

Absolute Scenes
24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can’t see a player agreeing to a pre-contract to join any team after a World Cup when they could potentially impress on the world stage and get a bigger team/contract move off the back of it. The only thing I can see potentially swinging it, is if we happen to get a wee glamour draw in whatever group stage we go into, that might have interest in South Korea that would be high profile enough for him to want to showcase what he can do in a major club tournament to improve his WC squad chances.

I havent heard another team being linked to him except Hearts. Sounds like his agent was trying to get more attention towards him by claiming "other teams in Europe" - who are these other teams? I think we are top of the pile for him to come to. his market value is 473k - offer 300k and get him in now

Tom Hardy’s Dug
39 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I agree and I also don’t think a player would move to a new league 4 months before a World Cup and risk his place in the team/Squad to play in Scotland.

He doesn’t know at all how that move would work for him. 

lost in space

What's all the panic about signings?

It's not as if we were very lucky against Ross Co/ had 48 hours before a derby/ were playing an in-form DUFC in a week and have less than 2 weeks before a massively important euro game!!

Loads of time.........

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree and I also don’t think a player would move to a new league 4 months before a World Cup and risk his place in the team/Squad to play in Scotland.

He doesn’t know at all how that move would work for him. 

or he might just think "eff it" and want to play for the famous

Absolute Scenes
Just now, lost in space said:

It's not as if we were very lucky against Ross Co/ had 48 hours before a derby/ were playing an in-form DUFC in a week and have less than 2 weeks before a massively important euro game!!

Loads of time.........

an in-form dundee united? They couldn't beat that mighty fortress of Kilmarnock. They've played two games and managed one goal in each. Massive form eh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
32 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Damour was linked for weeks and signed ahead of the second league game of the season (lost the first 3-2 at Pittodrie after Hickey was sent off in the first). He was a long term target of Levein, who tried to sign him before he went to Cardiff.

Whelan was a week later and had also been chased for a couple of weeks.

I wouldn't say we were in a state of desperation at the time they signed. Unfortunately they were just rubbish.

They were brought in after the season had started badly 🤷‍♂️

Neither were wanted nor hard to obtain

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pre contract offered to Lee, Hearts "willing" to wait until January to get him for nothing

Sorry posted on previous page :lol:

Edited by Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I havent heard another team being linked to him except Hearts. Sounds like his agent was trying to get more attention towards him by claiming "other teams in Europe" - who are these other teams? I think we are top of the pile for him to come to. his market value is 473k - offer 300k and get him in now

Others teams will be aware and keeping tabs I’m sure. But if he plays well enough at Suwon, as he has been doing, and gets in the World Cup squad - he might then produce on the world stage enough to get other clubs interested. Which is why I’d be surprised if he signs a pre-contract agreement before the WC.

21 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I think the issue is his team don’t want to sell. Much like souttar to rangers once a pre-contract is agreed the club have a lot more bargaining power to agree a deal.

I’m assuming that us continuing our interest is coming from the player wanting to join and not false promises from an agent. But you can never be too sure nowadays.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Others teams will be aware and keeping tabs I’m sure. But if he plays well enough at Suwon, as he has been doing, and gets in the World Cup squad - he might then produce on the world stage enough to get other clubs interested. Which is why I’d be surprised if he signs a pre-contract agreement before the WC.

I'm not sure he starts often for the national team and moving to Europe hasn't done much to hamper some of the other South Korean's. There are quite a few now playing in some of the bigger leagues that are ahead of him the que. Most well known is Son at Spurs but they also have a fair few playing in the Bundesliga that will be ahead of him in the starting places in the national team. He might see it as an opportunity to kick start his career in Europe and get a bigger move. 

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm not sure he starts often for the national team and moving to Europe hasn't done much to hamper some of the other South Korean's. There are quite a few now playing in some of the bigger leagues that are ahead of him the que. Most well known is Son at Spurs but they also have a fair few playing in the Bundesliga that will be ahead of him in the starting places in the national team. He might see it as an opportunity to kick start his career in Europe and get a bigger move. 

He hasn’t been playing since 2019 which as you mention is potentially the reason he’s looking to move back to Europe.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I think that will be the plan.

I did some very basic research and found out the K League copied the SPFL from 2012, 12 team league and split after 33. His team are sitting just in top 6, but not far enough clear of bottom teams, I think they might hold out until end of the month, see if they can get a couple of more wins and then take the money

AlphonseCapone
12 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Loads of time.........

Lucky against Ross County? Have you just started watching football. Teams have chances. Teams miss chances. We won because ultimately we had better quality that resulted in us scoring more goals. 

In form Dundee United drew with newly promoted Kilmarnock. They're 2 points behind us. 

We must have some of the most easily panicked fans in the world. Cruised 3rd last year, already started the season with 3 out of 3 points and yet folk are moaning. 

There's over 3 weeks of the transfer window left.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think that will be the plan.

I did some very basic research and found out the K League copied the SPFL from 2012, 12 team league and split after 33. His team are sitting just in top 6, but not far enough clear of bottom teams, I think they might hold out until end of the month, see if they can get a couple of more wins and then take the money

Nice bit of research! I really should keep more interest in other leagues, Hearts just consume my football brain. 

I would take that, i think we have enough to get wins against the first 6 games (minus celtic away) with 3 points in each. Then adding him could have the Barrie Mckay effect

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

That’s one way of looking at it of course. The other is the lack of game time he had in Europe in recent seasons stopped him getting picked in the first place, so he may be quite cautious of that.

21 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Loads of time.........

Wouldn't say that we were 'very lucky' at all. For about 50/60 minutes of the game we were comfortably the better side & scored 2 very good, very different goals against a decent opposition. Who tf cares if they hit the post & bar?

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Has the South Korean lad done his national service yet?

Someone said earlier he and all his teammates from the U23 Asian Games Final of 2018 were ‘awarded’ not having to do national service as they won the tournament, apparently.

Dick Dastardly
41 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

We would make a big chunk of it back from the world cup compo, wouldn't we? Although that would mean his current club would miss out on that money, so that would be part of their consideration as well

Ford Prentice
4 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Has the South Korean lad done his national service yet?

I believe (could be wrong) he was exempted because he was part of the Olympic team.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Someone said earlier he and all his teammates from the U23 Asian Games Final of 2018 were ‘awarded’ not having to do national service as they won the tournament, apparently.

Maybe we should try that with Scotland Under-21s - "win the world cup or we'll send you to the army"

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nice bit of research! I really should keep more interest in other leagues, Hearts just consume my football brain. 

I would take that, i think we have enough to get wins against the first 6 games (minus celtic away) with 3 points in each. Then adding him could have the Barrie Mckay effect

Think they have played 24 games, still 9 to the split which comes about 3rd week of September, they seem to be playing twice a week a bit. They should have a clearer picture by 4 weeks time, however working against us they are in the tighter part of the league. Not sure how Asian continental places work etc, they could finish a little higher or a lot lower as things are right now.

Nor do I know their financials, could be protracted this one, doubt he will be here for Zurich if he is to come at all

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Spookie said:

Screenshot_20220805-094307_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-094254_Twitter.jpg

Await another Tweet, deal resurrected, breaking Hearts FFFFFAANNNNS

Under the floodlight
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Thanks, missed that.

Under the floodlight
4 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

I believe (could be wrong) he was exempted because he was part of the Olympic team.

Muchas gracias.

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We would make a big chunk of it back from the world cup compo, wouldn't we? Although that would mean his current club would miss out on that money, so that would be part of their consideration as well

that we would. So that's maybe why they are playing hard ball. We might have enough to pay the compo they would be due plus a wee bit extra (hence the 300k actually being a reasonable figure)

Absolute Scenes

That boys twitter account is gone hahahahahaha

Been found out big time

edit: clarity needed, the "ITK" guy i mean

Edited by Absolute Scenes

gorgieheart

@Racing_ITK

This account doesn’t exist
Try searching for another.

I see from the photos hearts have just put on from training Davenport still training 

Edited by bazman

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Trying to do a rangers/souttar maybe? Get the pre contract and try to negotiate an earlier release. 

1 minute ago, bazman said:

I see from the photos hearts have just put on from training Davenport still training 

Take that as a positive. 

Not just after a rub down from the physio.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***