• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

5 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He trained with them and Goodwin said no start of July. 

Nah he never trained with Aberdeen and Goodwin never said no to him.

Unless you can show me the article which states otherwise? The one you've quoted above says neither.

Edited by daveydal

10 hours ago, RS86 said:

Really enjoyed that. I like listening to Joe, comes across as a very switched on guy and he's very passionate. Good to know we are still working away in the background on signings and taking our time to try and get it right.

I like the part when he talks about the stick he received after his SSN interview last week. 

He's totally right when he says we live in a completely backwards thinking country. The culture of how dare you have ambition. Does my ****in head in.

7 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

It seems to be only Aberdeen fans on social media trying to make out they rejected him to wind up Hearts fans. No evidence anywhere that it’s not the player that rejected them. If he does sign, he might spill the beans himself. Otherwise it’s all just guesswork.

Exactly the same as Dundee United fans saying McGrath preference was DUTD over the sheep (once Scott Burns the journalist said it) and then the Aberdeen chairman came out to say nonsense.

99% won’t have a clue what goes on with us however it won’t stop the mutton mollestors saying they beat us for Ronan 🤭

I still think Conor Ronan is a game changer if we can get him. He's class and we should be doing whatever we can afford to get him.

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I still think Conor Ronan is a game changer if we can get him. He's class and we should be doing whatever we can afford to get him.

Looks like he's staying at wolves having impressed Lage and his team mates in pre season 

https://www.molineux.news/news/connor-ronan-wants-wolves-stay-as-he-reveals-he-set-for-talks/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dlvr.it

johnking123
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I think if we were going to get Ronan we wouldn't have signed Grant and be looking at Davenport. 

Different types of players than Ronan

13 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Different types of players than Ronan

Fairly similar to Grant no? 

Depends how many criteria you’re looking to satisfy to allow you to say ‘similar’ I guess. 

11 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Fairly similar to Grant no? 

Depends how many criteria you’re looking to satisfy to allow you to say ‘similar’ I guess. 

Id say they sound similar. Can operate cm and off the front, play on front foot, like to create and score. Thats what i expect from Grant and would expect similar from Ronan.

Every time we sign a midfielder a large swathe of our support instantly brand him "DM"!!!!! Djoum DM, Devlin DM, Grant DM, Britt Baker DMD.

Davenport is a deep lying midfielder. 

Grant is a playmaker. 

Ronan is a goal scoring midfielder. 

They all offer something different. 

41 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I think if we were going to get Ronan we wouldn't have signed Grant and be looking at Davenport. 

I think that any midfielder that arrives are all coached to defend as well as get forward. That's my bugbear of a Neilson team. Let players do what they naturally do and stop coaching them all to play exactly the same. He says he's looking for more options in midfield, we'll..to be honest you could play anyone from defence forward in any of the positions so why waste more money on someone who will be no different to what we already have? The way they are coached, any of Grant, Forest, Mackay, Ginelly, GMS, Cochrane, Halliday, Atkinson, Devlin, even Haring can play in most positions and Kingsley could slip in there easily. Boyce also gets dropped back there, how long before Shankland drops back too? I believe the reason players like Walker, Woodburn and McEneff weren't defensive enough for Neilson and is why they were given very limited gametime. Its like he wants to mould everyone of them to be the same and take the  individuality out of them. This Davenport guy will be exactly the same. Go get another striker and central defender to replace Souttar, they should be the priority. 

8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I think that any midfielder that arrives are all coached to defend as well as get forward. That's my bugbear of a Neilson team. Let players do what they naturally do and stop coaching them all to play exactly the same. He says he's looking for more options in midfield, we'll..to be honest you could play anyone from defence forward in any of the positions so why waste more money on someone who will be no different to what we already have? The way they are coached, any of Grant, Forest, Mackay, Ginelly, GMS, Cochrane, Halliday, Atkinson, Devlin, even Haring can play in most positions and Kingsley could slip in there easily. Boyce also gets dropped back there, how long before Shankland drops back too? I believe the reason players like Walker, Woodburn and McEneff weren't defensive enough for Neilson and is why they were given very limited gametime. Its like he wants to mould everyone of them to be the same and take the  individuality out of them. This Davenport guy will be exactly the same. Go get another striker and central defender to replace Souttar, they should be the priority. 

Bang on mate 

May one-six
10 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Er - did you see Barrie McKay's goal on Saturday? If that's taking the individuality out of someone's game I reckon we could do with more of it.

upgotheheads
18 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

According to that report he hardly sounds like a blockbuster signing. It all depends on how much he costs and what Hearts have seen in him that others haven't so far, unless our management think he is fulfilling his potential at last. 

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It's not five a sides mate, Haring playing as a winger aye?  Ginnelly at right back? Come on, as a stop gap maybe, but not on a regular basis. It's horses for courses, some players get a nose bleed if they cross the half way line. Also, different games require different ways of playing, the opposition do help to determine tactics as well. I just don't see this defensive, negative team that you are describing under Neilson's stewardship. Granted he maybe a little bit cagey against the so called bigger teams, but that would be the same for nearly every team outside the old firm in the division.  Can't agree with what you have stated, but it's all opinions, and thats what keeps the conversation flowing 👍.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, jambonian said:

7 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Bang on mate 

Wayne Rooney was probably Sir Alex's best defender, seems neither of you really understand the modern game means the modern player, cant just waltz about the opposition half waiting for a break. Attack and defend as a team, its all about transitions, stopping the opponents transition and making your own one quick, if you fail to stop the opponents transition, you cant make your own ones.

21 minutes ago, jambonian said:

If you think all those players you have listed could play in our midfield two, you need your head checked.

Batistuta87
29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Right gang im aff jkb for a lot of today for work. If we sign someone, will you phone me?

I'll give you three rings 👍 🤣

Just now, WageThief said:

If you think all those players you have listed could play in our midfield two, you need your head checked.

Exactly.

gorgieheart
26 minutes ago, jambonian said:

thats quite a paragraph, of utter guff !

Batistuta87
28 minutes ago, jambonian said:

That's one of the most bonkers comments I've ever seen from the Robbie Oot gang. 

Edited by Batistuta87

upgotheheads
17 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It's not unreasonable to recruit players who are comfortable on the ball in any position they find themselves during the game, even if you are an outside right you might find yourself defending deep on the left in some circumstances. I haven't heard the term 'total football' used recently but it was all the rage a few years ago, and it depended on having enough players who are comfortable on both sides of the  pitch and athletic enough to get up and down the park. That doesn't mean you can't have a couple of players who are expected to concentrate on one area, like Boyce for instance, although even he sometimes finds himself defending deep. 

22 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

It's not five a sides mate, Haring playing as a winger aye?  Ginnelly at right back? Come on, as a stop gap maybe, but not on a regular basis. It's horses for courses, some players get a nose bleed if they cross the half way line. Also, different games require different ways of playing, the opposition do help to determine tactics as well. I just don't see this defensive, negative team that you are describing under Neilson's stewardship. Granted he maybe a little bit cagey against the so called bigger teams, but that would be the same for nearly every team outside the old firm in the division.  Can't agree with what you have stated, but it's all opinions, and thats what keeps the conversation flowing 👍.

I agree with emboldened phrases.

32 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Er - did you see Barrie McKay's goal on Saturday? If that's taking the individuality out of someone's game I reckon we could do with more of it.

Exactly I do not recognise any of what he put there 

51 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Right gang im aff jkb for a lot of today for work. If we sign someone, will you phone me?

Is your phone number the same as your PIN number? 

151874, right? 

Boyces beard
42 minutes ago, jambonian said:

:001_9898:

Mr Elwood P
58 minutes ago, jambonian said:

What a terrible terrible post.

Clark Griswold
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Absolute drivel.

Mr Brightside
11 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Aberdeen had a look and decided against him after wanting him on loan before Goodwin went in.  Not sure but surely we should be doing better than a guy who cant get a club after the season starts?

Barrie McKay was a free agent when the window closed last year.

RN could really do with listening to you. We would have been far better.

Some data on our prospective new signing. This time compared to players in his own league to appease some of the moaners on here.

The fact his shots on target is very low but his goal scoring is so good makes me think he’s missing the top corner by an inch every time, instead of playing it safe and hitting it down the middle.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Some data on our prospective new signing. This time compared to players in his own league to appease some of the moaners on here.

The fact his shots on target is very low but his goal scoring is so good makes me think he’s missing the top corner by an inch every time, instead of playing it safe and hitting it down the middle.

Rudi hit the corner every time. Never known anyone to hit the ball so accurately and well, god I miss that fella

OmiyaHearts

My word😄

47 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Think you forget that when they do get games they switch left and right anyway so what's the difference a few yards further in? GMS is two-footed and Ginelly also ends up through the middle at times. McEneff was signed as a 10, a box-to-box midfielder but was rarely played through the middle, more wide right. Walker could play the 10 but was dropped to let a striker (Boy e) play there instead. Woodburn arrived and looked decent getting forward but rarely got a chance. He proved what he was in that friendly when he scored one and made the other, a friendly yes but man of the match on his debut. Mackay ayed on the right wing when he first came and actually reminded me of Colquhoun in certain ways, now he's through the middle as well so yes, the majority of the players from defence forward can play in any of the midfield attacking positions. Halliday has proved it, Cochrane also, Grant (although early days yet), Forest and probably one or two others I've forgotten about. Its not a bad thing but it does reduce players doing their natural thing. GMS has already been quoted as saying he's more comfortable playing as an out and out attacker but he's been played as a wingback. I never said that, he did. 

10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ah “jambonian” it’s a play on words jambo/hibernian how funny. 😑🥱 utter tripe

Oh please! Is that the best you can come up with? How about this...season ticket holder at Tynie since 1988, been at Tynecastle since 1982 and have every season on vhs or dvd since 1986. The Jambonian name comes as in Jambonian thru n thru. Insults only occur on these pages when the poster has no argument/debate to come back with and that's fine, been on this since 2007, heard it all before my friend. 

The Old Tolbooth
10 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Sort of transfer related.

An interesting article on how Union St gilliose used data and a stat based approach to propel up the league's.

A wee bit similar to what savage and co are trying to do.

Few young guys who didn't quite cut it at big clubs plus some fairly obscure signings that impressed statistically

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/3461790/2022/08/02/union-saint-gilloise-champions-league/%3famp=1

The story of USG always fascinates me, their signing policy is absolutely terrific, and other clubs could learn a lot from them, to take German 3rd division players, and one from Brighton on loan, and one from Accrington Stanley (who are they?), and lose their top stars from last season, and still hammer Rangers 2-0 (going on 5-0) the way they did, is fairytale stuff, it's just a shame the Belgian league system is absolutely screwed up at the end of the season, imagine they had those playoffs here in the same format, it would never happen because it would hamper the Old Firm. 

6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Think you forget that when they do get games they switch left and right anyway so what's the difference a few yards further in? GMS is two-footed and Ginelly also ends up through the middle at times. McEneff was signed as a 10, a box-to-box midfielder but was rarely played through the middle, more wide right. Walker could play the 10 but was dropped to let a striker (Boy e) play there instead. Woodburn arrived and looked decent getting forward but rarely got a chance. He proved what he was in that friendly when he scored one and made the other, a friendly yes but man of the match on his debut. Mackay ayed on the right wing when he first came and actually reminded me of Colquhoun in certain ways, now he's through the middle as well so yes, the majority of the players from defence forward can play in any of the midfield attacking positions. Halliday has proved it, Cochrane also, Grant (although early days yet), Forest and probably one or two others I've forgotten about. Its not a bad thing but it does reduce players doing their natural thing. GMS has already been quoted as saying he's more comfortable playing as an out and out attacker but he's been played as a wingback. I never said that, he did. 

Deary deary me.  Imagine watching us last season with Boyce in the 10 and Simms up top and thinking "why isn't Jamie Walker playing?"

We are short in midfield with Beni missing until January or so.  Nonsense about the notorious wee lassie GMS playing in the ball-winning midfield role doesn't change that.

Mr Elwood P
13 minutes ago, jambonian said:

GMS as a centre midfielder is hands down the worst shout in JKB history. Like what are you actually thinking here? He's too lightweight to play as ****ing forward!

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Oh please! Is that the best you can come up with? How about this...season ticket holder at Tynie since 1988, been at Tynecastle since 1982 and have every season on vhs or dvd since 1986. The Jambonian name comes as in Jambonian thru n thru. Insults only occur on these pages when the poster has no argument/debate to come back with and that's fine, been on this since 2007, heard it all before my friend. 

Your post was tripe. You are clearly not a hearts fan or have your expectations of where we should be far far too high. Our team scored more goals than most teams outside of the OF last season and nearly all our starting 11 grabbed goals. The fact Barrie McKay was the last player to score tells you everything you need to know. Defensive or not our team scores and we don’t have to rely on one player to do so. Have a word

10 minutes ago, jambonian said:

You forgot to add 'blinded by hatred of Robbie Neilson' to your CV.

I think that any midfielder that arrives are all coached to defend as well as get forward. That's my bugbear of a Neilson team. Let players do what they naturally do and stop coaching them all to play exactly the same. 

Another bugbear I have about this coaching lark is that we keep seeing exactly the same goal. It happened again with our first on Saturday. A lot of clever patient play on the edge of their box leading to someone getting the ball towards the by-line, then firing in a low cross and there's a Hearts player in the middle to knock it in.

How often do we have to suffer this?

Edited by 4marsbars

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***