*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It is now…

I'm sure it will catch on big time 😉 printed on backs of shirts, the lot.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Can honestly say there's maximum 2, maybe 3 posters here who I think might be somewhat ITK and the rest are waffling. If you see someone calling themselves ITK then you can bet they are absolutely not. 

If you could tally the claims people make Vs what actually happens they'd be so embarrassed you wouldn't hear from them again.

5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Can honestly say there's maximum 2, maybe 3 posters here who I think might be somewhat ITK and the rest are waffling. If you see someone calling themselves ITK then you can bet they are absolutely not. 

If you could tally the claims people make Vs what actually happens they'd be so embarrassed you wouldn't hear from them again.

Agreed! 

Ainsley Harriott
8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I don't think there are any it's all just shite and bants. Let's be honest if you were in the know the last thing you would do is share it on here. If you did you wouldn't be in the know for long.

Seung-Woo Lee not in the Suwon squad today, currently 0-0. Not sure how long his suspension was for his red a couple of weeks ago

5 minutes ago, smare14 said:

Seung-Woo Lee not in the Suwon squad today, currently 0-0. Not sure how long his suspension was for his red a couple of weeks ago

2 games I think so was never playing today. 

Thought Police

Barry Anderson saying Davenport currently training and Suwon are keeping quiet about whether Hearts have triggered some form of release clause. They don't want him to leave basically.

EEN reporting Davenport training with us this week. I'm sure I noted a left footed player on one of the official videos we released yesterday showing the players training, not sure if it was him. 

10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

EEN reporting Davenport training with us this week. I'm sure I noted a left footed player on one of the official videos we released yesterday showing the players training, not sure if it was him. 

Just watched again and it was Shankland! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Confusion over whether Hearts can invoke his release clause? This really is the Ogashiwa deal all over again, isn’t it?

Cant say I was aware of what happened in the Ogashiwa "deal" because nobody really knows if there ever was one, but it certainly resembles Shankland

Jambo 4 Ever
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Confusion over whether Hearts can invoke his release clause? This really is the Ogashiwa deal all over again, isn’t it?

Hopefully we have a back up plan lined up if we can’t get this guy In

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Cant say I was aware of what happened in the Ogashiwa "deal" because nobody really knows if there ever was one, but it certainly resembles Shankland

DC_92 mentioned it on a previous page, apparently the story was the agent said Ogashiwa had a release clause, but turned out to be for K-League clubs only.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

DC_92 mentioned it on a previous page, apparently the story was the agent said Ogashiwa had a release clause, but turned out to be for K-League clubs only.

👍

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I never find it encouraging when we're having to watch a player in training (to assess his fitness/ability?) before signing him, but, on the other hand, it's good to know we're not just diving in before fully assessing him fully - even if there's no doubts about his ability or fitness. I get the feeling effort and commitment at training is considered important at Hearts nowadays, as well as character.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Do you think we will have one? What should it be? Do you think we will have more players in before Europe?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I never find it encouraging when we're having to watch a player in training (to assess his fitness/ability?) before signing him, but, on the other hand, it's good to know we're not just diving in before fully assessing him fully - even if there's no doubts about his ability or fitness. I get the feeling effort and commitment at training is considered important at Hearts nowadays, as well as character.

In this case seems sensible, Reading didn't seem to want to take the chance, ominous for the boy

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Do you think we will have one? What should it be? Do you think we will have more players in before Europe?

I think we should mate - yes

paterson would be a decent back up 

hope so

What about you?

Fxxx the SPFL
4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Solipsism 

had to google that to see what it meant lol good one

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I think we should mate - yes

paterson would be a decent back up 

hope so

What about you?

I think we will get players in, but its very difficult, these better players dont just sign like the ones from Livingston (he is a good player though) or even from Australia.

3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

51 games in 4 years, I would be checking him for sure

Leveins Battalion

I’ll be astounded if this Korean lad ends up at Hearts.🤣

We’ll end up with a young English player on loan instead.

No issue with having Davenport train with us,never did Salvatori any harm whilst you e looked at him.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I presume we are just assessing how close he is to match fitness.

No point in bringing in someday that still needs up to 4 or 6 weeks to catch up with everyone else this season- would be better with a loan.

30 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

We did it with Joe Wright and decided he was not for us before Killie stepped in and signed him.

This guy has not played a lot of football over the last few years and nothing beats seeing how someone fits in better than mixing and training with his possible team-mates.

Jamboscanbevicius

My guess is that we will not sign Davenport or Woo. No inside info just my gut feel.

Davenport training is a funny one. Like others I'm glad on one hand that we're doing due diligence but also suggests we're not entirely convinced. He was obviously not our top target so I wonder if we're covering bases waiting on one or two options that were higher on "the list" before making a call.

Woo looks potentially exciting. But negotiations and player contracts with Asian clubs seem to be a stumbling block. The issue about a release clause etc could get boring quickly for Savage and suspect we'll move onto other targets as we did with Ogashiwa.

Happy to be proven wrong as I am definitely not ITK

upgotheheads
43 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I’ll be astounded if this Korean lad ends up at Hearts.🤣

We’ll end up with a young English player on loan instead.

No issue with having Davenport train with us,never did Salvatori any harm whilst you e looked at him.

Davenport has played 30+ games in the English Championship so he must have some ability, even if he hasn't been retained. In the right environment some players can thrive, so there's every reason to have a look at him. 

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

My guess is that we will not sign Davenport or Woo. No inside info just my gut feel.

Davenport training is a funny one. Like others I'm glad on one hand that we're doing due diligence but also suggests we're not entirely convinced. He was obviously not our top target so I wonder if we're covering bases waiting on one or two options that were higher on "the list" before making a call.

Woo looks potentially exciting. But negotiations and player contracts with Asian clubs seem to be a stumbling block. The issue about a release clause etc could get boring quickly for Savage and suspect we'll move onto other targets as we did with Ogashiwa.

i think its clear Davenport isnt being signed to be a starter. He is however good cover and the type of guy you would like on the bench (match fit obviously.) Beni being back around Christmas time means once he is back to fitness, he will take his rightful place, so could be viewed as a one year stop gap

The Woo scenario just annoys the absolute tights off me. Clubs taking players hostage should never be the case

Dick Dastardly
53 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

had to google that to see what it meant lol good one

I hadn't heard of it until the other day when it came up in a book I'm reading. I had to google it then as well. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
16 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Look at another way.

He doesn’t have a club. We therefore have the ability to see how he fits in, how he trains before we decide on a deal - or not.

Its how most clubs at our level would love to do transfers - derisks any deal to some extent at least.

I don’t see any basis on which to say this is a negative.

Jack Torrance
9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i think its clear Davenport isnt being signed to be a starter. He is however good cover and the type of guy you would like on the bench (match fit obviously.) Beni being back around Christmas time means once he is back to fitness, he will take his rightful place, so could be viewed as a one year stop gap

The Woo scenario just annoys the absolute tights off me. Clubs taking players hostage should never be the case

I love Beni but no one has a rightful place in the first team. He'll need to earn it like everyone else. If Davenport comes in and performs well, it'll be his to lose.

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We have, although not ITK at all.  Initials I've been given are GZ

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

I don't see how that's clear. 

At 23, I'd expect they view him as a player with potential who hasn't been able to realise that potential due to a lack of playing opportunities, similar to Beni, who is the same age. We'll see from the length of the deal I guess.

As for stopgaps, it's worth remembering Haring was only given a 1 year deal and that was after Baningime's injury was confirmed.

19 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

How is he a ‘hostage’ He’s got a contract which his club might want to hold him to, like every other professional footballer in the world.Like every other professional club in the world

Just because we want him (possibly) and his club won’t give us him (possibly) doesn’t make him a hostage 

24 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Davenport has played 30+ games in the English Championship so he must have some ability, even if he hasn't been retained. In the right environment some players can thrive, so there's every reason to have a look at him. 

36 in four years at Blackburn I think it is. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

This Davenport deal strikes me as a short-term prove it deal, with Beni being out it gives us depth.

Woo deal seems a few weeks away at this point - no personal terms or fee agreed. After all that is sorted, its still normally been about 2 weeks to sort out visa and international clearance. Not going to get excited about this just yet.

Dick Dastardly
13 minutes ago, Haken said:

Gyasi Zardes

john thomas
13 minutes ago, Haken said:

Suspect you may be at it

Jack Torrance
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How is he a ‘hostage’ He’s got a contract which his club might want to hold him to, like every other professional footballer in the world.Like every other professional club in the world

Just because we want him (possibly) and his club won’t give us him (possibly) doesn’t make him a hostage 

It's like the good old pre-Bosman days 😄

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, Haken said:

Gianfranco Zola

11 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

This Davenport deal strikes me as a short-term prove it deal, with Beni being out it gives us depth.

Woo deal seems a few weeks away at this point - no personal terms or fee agreed. After all that is sorted, its still normally been about 2 weeks to sort out visa and international clearance. Not going to get excited about this just yet.

Its a decent deal for us if it works out.

Woo is pie in the sky stuff I think, I suspect the club are working on another player and this will just be a bonus if he actually turns up at Riccarton.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Portable Badger said:

That's the name of my friend's Cheese-plant !!

A talking cheese plant? Must be worth a fair bit.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***