*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Hackney Hearts
11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

As I said the truth will out.

I'm not disputing that the guy probably won't sign.

It's just the idea that 'a journo', any real journo, would tell you something highly relevant without sharing it with the rest of the wider world - which is their job - that's what amused me.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

It's just the idea that 'a journo', any real journo, would tell you something highly relevant without sharing it with the rest of the wider world - which is their job - that's what amused me.

I’m sure they will soon enough.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

This. His last 'source' was a fake Twitter account. Desperately seeking validation.

john thomas
11 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Know idea of he will sign or not but the word of a journalist is , possibly , the weakest validation I've seen on here 

15 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

His MO is to parrot stuff he's seen on Twitter/Facebook without linking the source or saying where he got it.

Coincidentally:

Edited by DC_92

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He isn’t - he’s an attacking no10 type player.

Davenport is a DM.

Like a poor man’s Hartley and a poor man’s Brellier.

Brellier wasn’t much more than a one dimensional modern day hatchet man. Win the ball, leave a mark on who you win it from, give the ball to someone else. He was very good at it but very limited. He wouldn’t be tolerated by refs these days, not in a Hearts jersey anyway. There just isn’t room for one trick ponies in the game these days, especially when the trick is hurting people 😀

Art Garfunkle Jr
26 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

We need someone with energy and physicality.  Last I heard Tyreece Simpson hadn't found a new club yet.

Tyreece Simpson would be a great signing.

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

The Korean deal is a dead duck as far as I’m aware,player not keen on move.

You’d think he’d want to better his Korea

john thomas
11 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Know idea of he will sign or not but the word of a journalist is , possibly , the weakest validation I've seen on here 

NO!!!

Special Agent Dale Cooper
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

You’d think he’d want to better his Korea

Especially as it's gone South.

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

What is your level of awareness?

His level of awareness is trawling social media for any and all mentions of Hearts and then posting the "news" on here and then giving it the "I can't reveal my sources" chat when questioned. 😂

He got caught red handed last week. Was pretty funny.

Completely shameless. 

1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

Despite Forrest and Mackay scoring great goals on Saturday I feel we still need a Simms type of player to take take on defenders and create openings for these two and shankland ,especially in European games when we will be closed down quickly by physically stronger opposition.

Spot on and I would add the view that when you play 3 centre backs with 2 attacking full backs who needs a defensive midfielder because all the good teams have midfielders that can do what a midfielder should be able to do like win the ball, pass the ball, play passes that create chances and score goals. It’s very simple and I can understand having a defensive minded midfielder to cover the defence when you play 442 , 433 or 4411. Never complicate a team with strict formations  because it’s all about the team being fluid so weaknesses in the opposition can be exploited. Last Saturday against Ross County our players were unable to come to terms with County’s play in the first half. The team and tactics were too rigid and their was a lack of instructions and guidance from the Hearts Dugout which could of stopped the that unacceptable first half display.

Geoff Kilpatrick
23 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Spot on and I would add the view that when you play 3 centre backs with 2 attacking full backs who needs a defensive midfielder because all the good teams have midfielders that can do what a midfielder should be able to do like win the ball, pass the ball, play passes that create chances and score goals. It’s very simple and I can understand having a defensive minded midfielder to cover the defence when you play 442 , 433 or 4411. Never complicate a team with strict formations  because it’s all about the team being fluid so weaknesses in the opposition can be exploited. Last Saturday against Ross County our players were unable to come to terms with County’s play in the first half. The team and tactics were too rigid and their was a lack of instructions and guidance from the Hearts Dugout which could of stopped the that unacceptable first half display.

If we hadn't have subbed Atkinson in the first half and adjusted with Smith playing more as a pure right back then you would be right. But as Neilson did that you are havering!

Melbourne Jambo
5 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Difficult to gauge but not great. Not seen as good as the Aussie league. Average match attendance 8k.

SPFL a big step up in my opinion 

Disagree. Would consider it above the A-League but below Japan. 

Technically a very good league (and probably equal/higher than the SPFL) but not as physical which might be the question mark - with the Aussies they have that physicality from the A-League so it's a quicker adjustment even if a bigger step up in pure footballing quality (IMO).

Stewart MacD
15 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

they also sound desperate to convince the reader he wants to stay, even going as far to say "he WILL do his best for us" and "he is very grateful to the club for bringing him in, in difficult times" - speaking for him. I'm not convinced the manager is being fully truthful here

Could be one for the 2nd half of the season, as his contract's until the end of the year, after the K. League season is over.

4 hours ago, Stewart MacD said:

Could be one for the 2nd half of the season, as his contract's until the end of the year, after the K. League season is over.

According to Banderson Hearts want this done pronto. Could be that this a punt by Joe. if it comes off great if not it hastens other possible deals to a conclusion.

8 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

What is your level of awareness?

Twitter, his agent is saying he’s happy where he is 🤣

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, hisnameis said:

According to Banderson Hearts want this done pronto. Could be that this a punt by Joe. if it comes off great if not it hastens other possible deals to a conclusion.

It could be one of several things…

▪️Lee’s agent leaking a story to secure him a better deal at Suwon

▪️Lee’s agent leaking a story to prompt another team into upping their offer

▪️A declaration of interest shown by us, with no real intent, so that the recruitment team can say “we were ambitious with our targets, they just didn’t come off as we wanted”

▪️Whole thing can just be utter bollocks

▪️Or, we have a genuine interest, have made a genuine offer, and are working hard to get this done ASAP

Until either the player signs a contract extension, signs with another club, signs with us or Hearts come out with something (in the press, or during a press conference etc) then it can be any of the above. My hunch is he’ll extend at Suwon, just like Ogashiwa extended at his club. As it’s following a very similar pattern.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

▪️A declaration of interest shown by us, with no real intent, so that the recruitment team can say “we were ambitious with our targets, they just didn’t come off as we wanted”

▪️Or, we have a genuine interest, have made a genuine offer, and are working hard to get this done ASAP

Until either the player signs a contract extension, signs with another club, signs with us or Hearts come out with something (in the press, or during a press conference etc) then it can be any or the above. My hunch is he’ll extend at Suwon, just like Ogashiwa extended at his club. As it’s following a very similar pattern.

That third option is hardly worth including ……….. the idea that our sporting director scout and analyst would waste their time pretending to be interested in a player just so they could later point to it as a look we tried exercise is pretty fanciful 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That third option is hardly worth including ……….. the idea that our sporting director scout and analyst would waste their time pretending to be interested in a player just so they could later point to it as a look we tried exercise is pretty fanciful 

I included it as many clubs do it, and it happens regularly. As I’ve stated with my hunch though, I don’t think that’s what’s happening. But it’s naive to think it doesn’t happen in football.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I included it as many clubs do it, and it happens regularly. As I’ve stated with my hunch though, I don’t think that’s what’s happening. But it’s naive to think it doesn’t happen in football.

Sounds fanciful to me but fair enough if you insist ……….. I would start to view our recruitment team as a bit tin pot if they were resorting to that kind of thing

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

West Ham do it all the time!!!

sigh 😀

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sounds fanciful to me but fair enough if you insist ……….. I would start to view our recruitment team as a bit tin pot if they were resorting to that kind of thing

Not necessarily a tinpot club thing to do actually, it’s more the bigger clubs that are known for it. Like R. Madrid when they bid for Mbappe in January, apparently it was never off the ground, but as far as their fans are concerned they tried. Newcastle did it for years with Ashley having no intention. Rangers and Celtic have always been “rumoured” to be in for higher profile players but then “pipped to the post” when in reality they weren’t even close. But their fans don’t care, because they think the club has shown ambition. But although I don’t think that’s happening with us, if this deal doesn’t come off, our fans will say “it’s the exact type of signing we should be trying to make, so kudos to the club for trying to make it happen”. Again, not saying that’s what we’re doing, but there is reason for clubs to act that way.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Just now, Jamhammer said:

West Ham do it all the time!!!

sigh 😀

Seriously ……….. I do not pay close attention to the Premier League but if my clubs recruitment team was proven to be carrying on like that I would be asking my self why

Learn some thing new all the time though so fair enough

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not necessarily a tinpot club thing to do actually, it’s more the bigger clubs that are known for it. Like R. Madrid when they hid for Mbappe in January, apparently it was never off the ground, but as far as their fans are concerned they tried. Newcastle did it for years with Ashley having no intention. Rangers and Celtic have always been “rumoured” to be in higher profile players but then “pipped to the post” when in reality they weren’t even close. But their fans don’t care, because they think the club has shown ambition. But although I don’t think that’s happening with us, if this deal doesn’t come off, our fans will say “it’s the exact type of signing we should be trying to make, so kudos to the club for trying to make it happen”. Again, not saying that’s what we’re doing, but there is reason for clubs to act that way.

No fair enough you and Jamhammer seem to know what you are talking about ………. glad we do not seem to operate in such a daft manner 

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Fake rumours also throw journalists off the scent of the real ones. The club might just be running rings around Banderson & co. Send them away to try to phone Korea and speak to people that don’t have a clue about anything. Meanwhile we’re in talks with the real target and they’re clueless

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Fake rumours also throw journalists off the scent of the real ones. The club might just be running rings around Banderson & co. Send them away to try to phone Korea and speak to people that don’t have a clue about anything. Meanwhile we’re in talks with the real target and they’re clueless

That would fit into the “whole thing is utter bollocks” category :wink:

9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That I would find more believable if we were dropping hints to journalists to keep them busy ………. could not really see us wasting our time making contact with clubs or players about deals we have no intention of pursuing just so we could point it later to make out we tried though

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No fair enough you and Jamhammer seem to know what you are talking about ………. glad we do not seem to operate in such a daft manner 

Honest mate have a look at the transfer thread on KUMB if you think WE’RE a bit mad on here 

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Honest mate have a look at the transfer thread on KUMB if you think WE’RE a bit mad on here 

Might just do that interesting reading other forums and read here for a long time before signing up

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Solipsism 

Word of the day, must use it more in conversation :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No Evening News story in the morning. Always good I think, expect news later on. Good test for the theory today!

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

If you can find anyone real to talk to

Wilson Wood, Would You?
39 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Solipsism 

Had to google that and didn't even understand the definition.:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If you can find anyone real to talk to

Who said that? Is there anyone there?

Mr Elwood P
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Tell us you don't understand football without saying you don't understand football...

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Until either the player signs a contract extension, signs with another club, signs with us or Hearts come out with something (in the press, or during a press conference etc) then it can be any of the above. My hunch is he’ll extend at Suwon, just like Ogashiwa extended at his club. As it’s following a very similar pattern.

He might well do, but I'm pretty sure Ogashiwa didn't extend his contract. Was always Jan 24.

Some people thought he'd extended his contract because his club released a list of players who'd "agreed to contracts" for 2022. The list was their entire squad of 29 players, so it was essentially just a retained list. 

https://www.consadole-sapporo.jp/news/2022/01/6798

9 hours ago, cosanostra said:

His level of awareness is trawling social media for any and all mentions of Hearts and then posting the "news" on here and then giving it the "I can't reveal my sources" chat when questioned. 😂

He got caught red handed last week. Was pretty funny.

Completely shameless. 

Sounds familiar.

Who was the last user whose head fits that hat?

Reincarnated as AgentJambo.

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He might well do, but I'm pretty sure Ogashiwa didn't extend his contract. Was always Jan 24.

Some people thought he'd extended his contract because his club released a list of players who'd "agreed to contracts" for 2022. The list was their entire squad of 29 players, so it was essentially just a retained list. 

https://www.consadole-sapporo.jp/news/2022/01/6798

Right, I do recall something along those lines. But I thought we were able to offer terms because of a contract ending, so any renewal/retainment would surely mean the player has agreed to stay on? Unless they deal with those option of an extra year style contracts that can be invoked.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Right, I do recall something along those lines. But I thought we were able to offer terms because of a contract ending, so any renewal/retainment would surely mean the player has agreed to stay on? Unless they deal with those option of an extra year style contracts that can be invoked.

When the story first appeared I remember checking transfermarkt and being surprised to see he had 2 years left on his contract.

One (unsubstantiated) rumour was that we'd been led astray by an agent who suggested we could get him by meeting his release clause, but it turned out the clause only applied to other J League clubs.

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

In another thread tian447 used the word "trifecta" - this site gets more highbrow all the time !

25 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

In another thread tian447 used the word "trifecta" - this site gets more highbrow all the time !

We'll need Stephen Fry as a MOD

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Could be a wee cheeky Davenport announcement today, perhaps?

Wee cheeky? is that his nickname 😄

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***