• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thats my thinking. 

Its either a done deal as we don't leak anything these days, or the offer has been leaked by his agent to try and drum up a competitor bid.

Or, its a loadapish!

Covering all bases there mate eh? 🤪

grumpyespana
17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

There’s always at least one charter flight. The club sell the spare seats to fans at a price that helps offset the travel costs to the club. What we need this season is the club to run 5-10 charter flights for some of the games. Not sure they will have the balls to do it but hope I’m wrong. 

Was on that trip to Madrid with the squad for the Athletico game all those years ago.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Posted 30 mins after the K-League journo. 

Mystic Jay!

and about 9 hours after a Spanish journalist posted about it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Was on that trip to Madrid with the squad for the Athletico game all those years ago.

So was I, me and my buddy sitting next to Fash on the wee bus out to the plane coming home, god rest his tortured soul

AllyjamboDerbyshire
21 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Exactly what went through my mind :)

Looking at his situation, I would imagine that Covid has probably hindered his career, being isolated a long way from home and not finding a home with expectations high

Had similar thoughts, myself. It's something to remember when watching video clips when you don't know whether or not it's the first team the player is playing in or not with the empty stands, too. I'd imagine that for a young football player, living on the other side of the world from home, looking to break through into the first team, Covid must have ruined a number of careers or at least opportunities. Not only worried sick about what was happening within his own football bubble but for his whole family and friends at home.

McKay, Forrest, Grant, GMS, Ginnley, Boyce and this new guy all fighting for two places behind the striker.

Robbie must be considering a change of formation.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

McKay, Forrest, Grant, GMS, Ginnley, Boyce and this new guy all fighting for two places behind the striker.

Surely signals the end for either GMS or Gino, GMS has more defensive quality but the left hand side is well stacked. I reckon he will go this window

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The source of the rumour 'hardly matters' ? Maybe leave the journalism to the professional...

They keyword here is rumour. If a journalist gets a rumour surely his first task is to check if there is any credibility to it ? 

Berra than you
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Surely signals the end for either GMS or Gino, GMS has more defensive quality but the left hand side is well stacked. I reckon he will go this window

It's tough between the two as to who you keep. Ginelly has pace and can play through the middle in a pinch, but GMS when on form (we have not seen anywhere near enough of this) is easily the better of the two. He also has a little experience in European football with Celtic. Add on to that that Ginelly has been missing for weeks and likely has more value, I'd not be surprised to see him leave.

jambo_4_eva
1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

It's tough between the two as to who you keep. Ginelly has pace and can play through the middle in a pinch, but GMS when on form (we have not seen anywhere near enough of this) is easily the better of the two. He also has a little experience in European football with Celtic. Add on to that that Ginelly has been missing for weeks and likely has more value, I'd not be surprised to see him leave.

Think we'll keep both until January. Got alot if games to play. Once we're out Europe and winter break is over we'll cut squad by maybe 3-4 players and sign 1 or 2. 

29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

"it will take a while" not it "would take a while".  You saying it's on, j1??

Certainly fits the bill of what I was told- I can’t say I was told him directly however 🤣, also explain the drop out of the Roman deal suddenly due to a “new opportunity”. Club pushing to have 3/4 in for European registration so a busy few weeks coming I would say 

The Wrinkly Ninja
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Hopefully he is considering not continuing to play Boyce out of position. 

McKay, Forrest and Grant were all on the pitch at the same time on Saturday. 

GMS and particularly Ginnelly will have to improve to be considered for the two places behind the striker.

1971  Tony Christie I Did What I Did For Maria.

He did what he did in Korea

He did what he did in Korea.

And hibs fell to the ground raising dust all around

But I knew they were beat long before they went down.

Edited by Turkishcap
getting carried away

Clark Griswold
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Certainly fits the bill of what I was told- I can’t say I was told him directly however 🤣, also explain the drop out of the Roman deal suddenly due to a “new opportunity”. Club pushing to have 3/4 in for European registration so a busy few weeks coming I would say 

Thanks for sharing, your posts on here are appreciated by most :2thumbsup: 

Interesting though that we're after 3/4 - any rumours of outgoings?

1 hour ago, Spookie said:

Bemuses me we only have a poor and outdated songbook 

We've written an album on one player in a morning  

Tbf substituting Woo for any song with “who” or “you” in the title makes things a little easier for these budding John Lennons 😂

3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Oooh, exciting, thanks J1, you are a sexy wee shite aren't you.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Mrs Budge apparently said at plot ceremony yesterday Robbie wanted 2 new signings 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Now that is exciting. Think someone has said registration is Monday 15th so if they get all who they want then its a busy 2 weeks.

Thanks for the info. So Seung-Woo, Davenport and 1 or 2 others.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Mrs Budge apparently said at plot ceremony yesterday Robbie wanted 2 new signings 

Wanted or actually getting 🤔

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

But ahm geein uhm shree cos I'm a ****in' ledge

I heard is what she said

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Think we'll keep both until January. Got alot if games to play. Once we're out Europe and winter break is over we'll cut squad by maybe 3-4 players and sign 1 or 2. 

“Once we’re out of Europe”

Hopefully Hearts don’t bring you in as a motivational speaker anytime soon. 🤪

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Surely Barry Anderson has done SOME research on the veracity of this before going to press. If he’s just taken It off here and ran with it then his remaining microscopic credibility is down the pan 

There was a random Twitter account also but was late at night when he posted this story so might not have had time to check the source 

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Positivity Train - choo choo 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would not surprise me at all if she did, however what hearts say and what they are actually trying to do are 2 different things. Robbie changes the signing plans every time he talks to the media. My final educated guess for this window is 4 in (a loan popping up final few days of window) and 2 out. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

She left out the vital 2 words.......this week

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So if he actually gets 3, or even 4, he'll have got his 2 new signings (perhaps he feels that 2 new signings are a must have). I often say I'm going out for a couple of pints when all the time I know I'll have 3 or 4. I doubt I'm alone in this on JKB, though maybe by limiting it to 3 or 4 I will be:toasting:

All roads lead to Gorgie

" Woo just a little bit, Woo just a little bit more" :ninja:

Clark Griswold
8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Under promise, over deliver - a common business strategy to make yourself look good :) 

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Under promise, over deliver - a common business strategy to make yourself look good :) 

👍🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Would not surprise me at all if she did, however what hearts say and what they are actually trying to do are 2 different things. Robbie changes the signing plans every time he talks to the media. My final educated guess for this window is 4 in (a loan popping up final few days of window) and 2 out. 

I dont have your connections obviously, just a humble fan, but I really dont see opportunity for either GMS or Gino.  Very surprised if they were not the 2 out, centre back, Davenport, Korean Lionel and maybe a bigger striker, that is it I think

7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Really wish he would give 4-2-3-1 a go with the options we potentially have going forward. Would also reduce the need to sign a new centre half.

Gordon

(Stewart)

Atkinson     Halket      Rowles        Kingsley

(Smith)      (Sibbick)  (kingsley)    (Cochrane)

(Neilson)

Beni       Haring

(Devlin)   (new signing)

(Smith)    (C.Smith)

(Sibbick)  

Forrest                   McKay              Grant

(Ginelly)                 (Boyce)              (Woo) 

(McKay)                 (Grant)               (GMS) 

(Pollock?)

Shanks

(Boyce)

(Woo)

I just think its a far more fluid formation and suits the players we have. Can quite easily become 4-3-3 or close to a 4-4-2 with Boyce playing as a second striker. 3-4-3 served us well but I've never loved it tbh.

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I dont have your connections obviously, just a humble fan, but I really dont see opportunity for either GMS or Gino.  Very surprised if they were not the 2 out, centre back, Davenport, Korean Lionel and maybe a bigger striker, that is it I think

I think this is what we will be looking at. What we say in public is probably not what the plans are. We like to keep our cards close to our chest and suspect we have been looking at this deal for the SK boy for a few weeks. I'm sure if it's broke in the media that the wheels are in motion to do a deal and there is interest on both sides of the table. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Clark Griswold said:

This. Imagine the seethe on here if throughout the window we were being told we were signing more, and better quality, than we eventually do. Nothing worse in any business than giving your customers promises you don't know you can keep.

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I'd guess that too.  Only thing may be keeping Gino if he's got the pure pace we want at times, and we are a bit light on that.  But then I think Pollock is very quick indeed

Just now, jbee647 said:

Sorry , not impressed by the Koreans stats

whats he actually done ?

Scored and assisted a shitload since getting home and comfy post-covid having had a couple of moves which didn't work out.  Boy seems to have obvious talent.  Needs a home.  Think Beni and Barrie.

Every signing a risk, but if you think we can shop higher than this standard, I'd stick to Man City or Newcastle....

3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

whats he actually done ?

If this was a signing under the previous regime I would be sceptical. However I reckon we will have done our homework here quite thoroughly. 

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

In Korea, nowhere else it seems 

I think stats can be mis-interpreted especially with goals scored. McKay didn't exactly bang them in last season but was one of our best players. Again he may come and flop but we have obviously seen something in him to pursue. Suspect some other big teams did as well when he was at an younger age. He's also played 11 times for the national team and there's quite a few now playing in the big european leagues especially Germany. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

If this was a signing under the previous regime I would be sceptical. However I reckon we will have done our homework here quite thoroughly. 

Delighted to be proved wrong, just very sceptical on this one

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

whats he actually done ?

played professional football. What have you done?

42 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

There is a Korean Restaurant (on Dundee Street) less than half a mile from Tynecastle. Its a sign.

You might be onto something there.

Does anyone remember 'The Anatolian' on Dalry Road at Haymarket?

They had monkey brain on the menu, I kid you not. Yummy!

Scroll forward a few years and who did we sign?

Takis Fyssas

Alexandros Tziolis

Anastasios ('Tasos') Avlonitis - (that's an inflammation of the avlon 🤭)

Christos Karipidis

So ... we can now surely expect a Korean tsunami. That restaurant is an omen. 😉

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***