*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

2 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

Was on that trip to Madrid with the squad for the Athletico game all those years ago.

Majorca was my first charter trip. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Made for

Woo put the Hibs out

Woo Woo Woo

after the next derby cup match

Woo put the ball in the Hibee’s net…

Vlad the impaler

I reckon Barry has knew about this player for a while and only when hearts give him the nod that it’s a done deal will he put it to print. Last night it was put out by someone else so he had no option but to put out there what he knew. That’s my take,Ps-I’m not Barry 🤣

AllyjamboDerbyshire
17 minutes ago, Superscot said:

Nothing against Lee Seung-woo, looks a prospect from his footage and not over- nor underwhelmed by his stats. Though I'd question if signing him we're not leaving ourselves a bit short and slight with our options up front. Shankland and Boyce have a bit more about them, but still dwarfed by most centre backs and neither have a great turn of pace.

Forrest - 175cm

McKay - 175cm

Gary Mackay-Steven - 175cm

Henderson - 175cm

Shankland - 185cm

Boyce - 184cm

Lee Seung-woo - 174cm

It felt like for spells of each match against Ross County and Stoke City they were able to bully us a bit, players getting pushed off the ball or blocked too easily. Add in Devlin at 170cm, and I wonder whether we're limiting options at corners, free kicks and generally in the physical side of things.

Watched a video of him playing for Barcelona Under 19s and he was knocked off the ball a lot (mostly fouled) but worryingly lost the rag a bit each time. That won't help him with our referees, one little bit. I know he'll have bulked up a bit since then, but if he can't keep his temper in check when he gets the regulation kicked into the air treatment, then the refs in Scotland will have a field day with him. I wonder what his red card was for last week. Anybody know?

Under the floodlight
2 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I reckon Barry has knew about this player for a while and only when hearts give him the nod that it’s a done deal will he put it to print. Last night it was put out by someone else so he had no option but to put out there what he knew. That’s my take,Ps-I’m not Barry 🤣

Typical Bee-gee denial.😂

Jambosteve1902

Tune to the Djoum Song

Woo Woo Woo Woo, he's gonna come for you 

played football in Korea

but now hes in maroon 

Ccjambo1874
2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Watched a video of him playing for Barcelona Under 19s and he was knocked off the ball a lot (mostly fouled) but worryingly lost the rag a bit each time. That won't help him with our referees, one little bit. I know he'll have bulked up a bit since then, but if he can't keep his temper in check when he gets the regulation kicked into the air treatment, then the refs in Scotland will have a field day with him. I wonder what his red card was for last week. Anybody know?

Elbowed a player in the chest defending a corner as he was getting a bit aggy about the pushing shoving. VAR caught it 

PhoenixHearts

Sorry guys, first time I've actuallu been ITK here but we won't be signing Woo because jbee647 isn't impressed.

6 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

No chance, Barry's article appeared online about an hour after the original article was shared on here, and was pretty much word for word.  I want to believe Barry has some info but genuinely believe he has absolutely none in this case.  The article he originally posted was just one paragraph with a 'more to follow', suggesting he had literally just found out and was away to do some further research.

He also published an article about our interest in Elliot Anderson last week and that's going absolutely nowhere.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

No chance, Barry's article appeared online about an hour after the original article was shared on here, and it was pretty much word for word. I want to believe Barry has some info but genuinely believe he has absolutely none in this case. The article he originally posted was just one paragraph with a 'more to follow', suggesting he had literally just found out and was away to do some further research.

He also published an article about our interest in Elliot Anderson last week and that's going absolutely nowhere.

Yeah, I think its a case where a name pops up out of no where, he calls a contact at Hearts who confirms that we have put an offer in.

9 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Sounds a bit like Furuhashi at first, though he has arguably more pace and physical presence ... 

Though VAR should favour technical players I'd have thought, or maybe hoped.

Chillidigits
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Made for

Woo put the Hibs out

Woo Woo Woo

after the next derby cup match

Right all you songsters. The Woo one was too easy. Get yer heids roond one aboot Davenport. Things may go quiet for a while

2 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Right all you songsters. The Woo one was too easy. Get yer heids roond one aboot Davenport. Things may go quiet for a while

The Luke of Love

Aussie Jambo
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

But ahm geein uhm shree cos I'm a ****in' ledge

I heard is what she said

Glen Michaels sister? Ashreeawan. 

image.jpeg.75a828395563d64facfff90fe2151165.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Superscot said:

Nothing against Lee Seung-woo, looks a prospect from his footage and not over- nor underwhelmed by his stats. Though I'd question if signing him we're not leaving ourselves a bit short and slight with our options up front. Shankland and Boyce have a bit more about them, but still dwarfed by most centre backs and neither have a great turn of pace.

Forrest - 175cm

McKay - 175cm

Gary Mackay-Steven - 175cm

Henderson - 175cm

Shankland - 185cm

Boyce - 184cm

Lee Seung-woo - 174cm

It felt like for spells of each match against Ross County and Stoke City they were able to bully us a bit, players getting pushed off the ball or blocked too easily. Add in Devlin at 170cm, and I wonder whether we're limiting options at corners, free kicks and generally in the physical side of things.

I am also a little concerned re the lack of physicality in our squad.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I see a more recent tweet that mentions Fenerbahce. Dunno why - think it’s in Spanish or maybe Turkish…

2 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Big fizzicul Hertz.

It is a real thing isn't it, though.

One way I look at it, is we ain't signing or frankly developing (often) the full package.  Quick, technical, skillful, intelligent, athletic, big.  We prob need to drop one or two criterea each time (or I guess get a guy who is average across all - Halliday springs to mind).

So then does the skill coming in making sure our squad covers it all across the group?  When Haring doesn't play (and I'd still think our best CM is Beni and Devlin when all fit), we lose a lot in both boxes.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Well we certainly aren’t “big fissical hertz” anymore.

I’m not massively concerned but we do need a bit more beef in certain areas I think.

The derby will be interesting. Hibs hacking away at us and diving around.

Us trying to play football….

H.M.F.C1874
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I see a more recent tweet that mentions Fenerbahce. Dunno why - think it’s in Spanish or maybe Turkish…

He held a signing event in South Korea, and a kid had a Fenerbahce top on. Nothing more to that story, don’t worry😄

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Post it here and I'll tell you - might even be able to have a bash at translation if it's in Spanish.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, H.M.F.C1874 said:

He held a signing event in South Korea, and a kid had a Fenerbahce top on. Nothing more to that story, don’t worry😄

FFS. 

****ing twitter.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

FFS. 

****ing twitter.

Aye, this one… 

Just someone commenting on Feberbahce’s influence in South Korea, as a kid has their top on.

Still, I’m now getting anxious too many people are finding out about our interest. I do hope if we hadn’t pushed for the deal to be completed earlier, we’re pushing now! :lol:

Whitburn Hearts

Did I not read somewhere that Woo had been sent off at the weekend , surely that would mean an automatic ban next game.  So even if he did sign and have international clearance he still couldn't play against the vermin.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Whitburn Hearts said:

Did I not read somewhere that Woo had been sent off at the weekend , surely that would mean an automatic ban next game.  So even if he did sign and have international clearance he still couldn't play against the vermin.

He missed the game yesterday serving his suspension. I did read that it was a two game ban, and they play again on Wednesday. So I'd expect us not to announce anything until after then.

As you reference though, doubt we would be able to sort work permits in time anyway.

15 minutes ago, Superscot said:

Sounds a bit like Furuhashi at first, though he has arguably more pace and physical presence ... 

Woo stats are not great he's only 20 😂😂

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Both goals were superb. These highlights, as usual, miss heaps of interesting moments. But, check out Forrest sprinting towards the 6 yard box pointing for Cochrane. As for Barrie? He took out 36% of their team with a few deft touches.

So, really just the goals on this clip but it augurs well for us.

Both excellent goals. 

Grant giving the defender the eyes then passing the other way to Cochrane at the 1st goal.

Liked Shankland's movement too during the ist goal.

Marked touch tight but manouvered himself into a free position to take a strke from Cochrane's cut back had Forrest not nipped in first.

As for McKay's first touch at the 2nd goal..... Jeeez. Marvelous !

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Aye, this one… 

Just someone commenting on Feberbahce’s influence in South Korea, as a kid has their top on.

Still, I’m now getting anxious too many people are finding out about our interest. I do hope if we hadn’t pushed for the deal to be completed earlier, we’re pushing now! :lol:

The vaguely unusual (apparently) Irish based horse racing apparent Jambo “Jay” seems to think a deal was agreed last week and seems to be saying he’ll be a major source for Hearts info moving forward 🤣

We don’t have long to find out if that is all bullshit.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

18 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Hibs will still be calling us a physical side when we pump them this week.....!

millerjames398
3 hours ago, Masonic said:

wooooo baby i love ur way... scoring goals everydayyyy

👏🏼👏🏼😂..peter frampton would approve 👍🏼🇱🇻

Edited by millerjames398
Emoji error

AllyjamboDerbyshire
38 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Elbowed a player in the chest defending a corner as he was getting a bit aggy about the pushing shoving. VAR caught it 

Not great news then, and, from what I saw in the video, not a surprise. 

May one-six
16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Big fizzicul Hertz.

It is a real thing isn't it, though.

One way I look at it, is we ain't signing or frankly developing (often) the full package.  Quick, technical, skillful, intelligent, athletic, big.  We prob need to drop one or two criterea each time (or I guess get a guy who is average across all - Halliday springs to mind).

So then does the skill coming in making sure our squad covers it all across the group?  When Haring doesn't play (and I'd still think our best CM is Beni and Devlin when all fit), we lose a lot in both boxes.

Getting away from our transfers a wee bit, but I noticed yesterday that Jim Goodwin has Aberdeen going down the physical route. There seem to be a few big guys in their team and one (Ramadani?) was running around kicking everything that moved.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
35 minutes ago, Superscot said:

It's his reaction to being fouled that gives me concern. Sent off a week ago for reacting violently to rough treatment handed out to him. Mana from heaven for our referees, VAR or not. Not suggesting we shouldn't sign him, by the way, but it could limit his playing time, and leave us a man short (especially against the OF) if he can't control his temper when repeatedly fouled.

Drew Wallace

So a player we ain’t signed is gonny sent off if and when he does sign and become a liability ,,,,only on KB 

4 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Getting away from our transfers a wee bit, but I noticed yesterday that Jim Goodwin has Aberdeen going down the physical route. There seem to be a few big guys in their team and one (Ramadani?) was running around kicking everything that moved.

There's definitely a balance to be had and at all levels of football physicality I wouldn't say is required, but can be a game changer.  Often talked about on here, but the one that always comes to mind is Spurs walking out against our boys at Tynie.

Callum Paterson's impact when he played with us.  He had more to his game, but he was just too powerful to handle.  It's a great weapon to have

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The vaguely unusual (apparently) Irish based horse racing apparent Jambo “Jay” seems to think a deal was agreed last week and seems to be saying he’ll be a major source for Hearts info moving forward 🤣

Its one of those that feels so random that makes me think its more likely to be real. But I guess we will know by the end of the week if Woo signs or not.

loveofthegame
37 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Saturday's lineup included Craig Gordon, Craig Halkett, Kyle Rowles, Toby Sibbick, Peter Haring, Michael Smith and Alex Cochrane. All very capable of looking after themselves and pretty tall.  Shankland is also six foot and not exactly skinny. I don't think we need to worry about physicality.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

So a player we ain’t signed is gonny sent off if and when he does sign and become a liability ,,,,only on KB 

Only on KB could raising the point that a player might be in danger of being sent off (by our less than sympathetic referees) be interpreted as saying someone will be sent off. Usually by someone with nothing worthwhile to say. Or do you think that a player's temprement is something we shouldn't discuss when he's an apparent signing target? We've pages of posts about songs for him (nothing wrong with that) but you choose to be critical of posts regarding the player's reactions to being fouled (which he will be very often if he comes to Hearts). 

3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Only on KB could raising the point that a player might be in danger of being sent off (by our less than sympathetic referees) be interpreted as saying someone will be sent off. Usually by someone with nothing worthwhile to say. Or do you think that a player's temprement is something we shouldn't discuss when he's an apparent signing target? We've pages of posts about songs for him (nothing wrong with that) but you choose to be critical of posts regarding the player's reactions to being fouled (which he will be very often if he comes to Hearts). 

You come to Scotland, it's probably about the coaching staff getting it in your head that part of your job IS to be fouled.  Get up, get on with it, leave Cam to do the winding up!

If you get fouled, you've done your job, it means we have territory and it means you're getting under his skin.  That's the only mindset possible to make it up here I reckon!

I've no big worries about that - every single player will react poorly in their career - doubt the boy has a whole history of it

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

It's a pretty naff concern mate

Being worried he may be sent off at some point is as bad as saying we dont want to sign x keeper because he may let a goal in at some point

33 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Shirley Horseshit?

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Hibs will still be calling us a physical side when we pump them this week.....!

After kicking us off the park again. 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

Got to be Blur - Song 2 when Woo scores!! 

Damn I was just gonna post the same...would be perfect, a big WOO HOO, after he bags a goal (providing he actually signs)👍🏼🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It's a pretty naff concern mate

Being worried he may be sent off at some point is as bad as saying we dont want to sign x keeper because he may let a goal in at some point

Where did I say I was worried? I said I'd noticed in his Barcelona U19 video that he got fouled a lot and reacted angrily in response to a post about him being lightweight and could be knocked off the ball a lot. Then in answer to my question another poster said he'd been sent off last week for that very thing (fed up getting fouled and reacted violently). I was not saying he shouldn't be signed, just making the point that in a league where players are fouled a lot and our refs are not of the best, nor are they the most unbiased, it's worth mentioning and considering when we are discussing the player. Or maybe you, too, think that finding a song is more worthy of discussion here rather than a players merits and demerits.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Chillidigits said:

Hopefully get a chant of "woo put the baw in hibees net" ringing round the ground😂🇱🇻

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***