*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Under the floodlight
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup he has caused no deaths as far as I'm aware, which is always a bonus in what you want from a potential signing.

This made me laugh. Thanks😂😂

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Suprised you're not on the match day thread with your cracking score predictions and opinions on tactics. 

Your pre season went so well. 

And there we have it.......right on queue 🤣

14 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Cheers, goalkeeper is what I thought we were talking about. Wimbledon Luke is cool then

Luke’s Dad is based in Edinburgh. Used to speak to him a fair bit about Luke’s career. He once scored in the Champions League final (age group), his Dad was watching on Chelsea tv on his phone, quite surreal moment.

Not saying that would have any influence on him looking north of the border, but reduce any potential home sickness etc

19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Watching and then just discussing keepers themselves, which is fine apparently. Oh, and making Mrs. Brown’s Boys levels of jokes at my expense is also apparently not tedious or taking this thread off track any. Nope.

You're the one who seems to watch Mrs Brown, never seen it in my puff 😊 and less of the victim sh** , you're acting like the kid I know you are. You brought up the back-up keeper AGAIN when you were trying to be a smartass last night when it was long past your bedtime.

Mr Elwood P
9 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Yeah, fair enough. I definitely wouldn't class him as exciting.

Maybe the "exciting" signings are reserved for the priority positions at RCB and no. 10. At CM we might just be looking at someone with potential who can do a similar job to our current options.

Centre mid it probably our weakest position in terms of cover now. If Devlin and Haring are both out we're playing with Halliday and Michael Smith or Grant or a youth player. Definitely need another option in there.

19 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Cheers, goalkeeper is what I thought we were talking about. Wimbledon Luke is cool then

Cool hand Luke?  

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Centre mid it probably our weakest position in terms of cover now. If Devlin and Haring are both out we're playing with Halliday and Michael Smith or Grant or a youth player. Definitely need another option in there.

Sibbick can also play CM and IMO his best position 

2 minutes ago, Bootboy100 said:

Agreed he's suspect at Centre half 

Luckily we shouldn't see him play there again 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Bootboy100 said:

Sibbick is still a unproven midfielder. 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, daveydal said:

Agreed, I'd want CG in goals for every game, which is why I don't think we need a back-up keeper signed and the chat regarding it is tiresome

Let's not forget, he will be playing for Scotland, also.

38 SPL 

8 EUR + more hopefully

4 LC hopefully

5 SC hopefully 

BackOfTheNet
31 minutes ago, daveydal said:

You're the one who seems to watch Mrs Brown, never seen it in my puff 😊 and less of the victim sh** , you're acting like the kid I know you are. You brought up the back-up keeper AGAIN when you were trying to be a smartass last night when it was long past your bedtime.

You’re the one that’s been discussing the keeper situation last night and today, not me. Pick a lane mate, either you want no one to discuss the keeper situation (including your god damn self) or you let people be. And if anyone has shown immaturity on this thread it’s you and your wee circle jerk. It’s not my fault she’s turned the weans against you, take that chip on your shoulder and put it to better use.

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Is there any actual news?

Supposedly close to a signing. Some speculation it’s a centre midfielder from the Championship in England. People to keep an eye on who’s sitting next to Savage today as some think whoever it is will be in attendance. Names being banded about, Jacob Davenport seemingly the one that most fits the bill.

30 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You’re the one that’s been discussing the keeper situation last night and today, not me. Pick a lane mate, either you want no one to discuss the keeper situation (including your god damn self) or you let people be. And if anyone has shown immaturity on this thread it’s you and your wee circle jerk. It’s not my fault she’s turned the weans against you, take that chip on your shoulder and put it to better use.

Sorry was doing grown up stuff with my missus

1. I'm not your mate

2. I dont have kids

3. Only chip I have is with you and your drivel about back-up keeper

4. Circle jerks are a damn good band

5. I can reply to your tiresome posts as much as I want

6. We've been told by Robbie and Joe that we ain't getting another keeper

7. I can decide which lane I will be in ( thats allowed to change ) unless we are living in Huxleys Brave New World

8. You started the conversation once again regarding a back-up when you spat your dummy out last night.

9. Craig Gordon, like last season, will play the vast majority of games

10. Enjoy the game today

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Supposedly close to a signing. Some speculation it’s a centre midfielder from the Championship in England. People to keep an eye on who’s sitting next to Savage today as some think whoever it is will be in attendance. Names being banded about, Jacob Davenport seemingly the one that most fits the bill.

Davenport's name came from the same guy who suggested a Championship CM was coming up for talks.

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

So who’s on Savage watch today then?

I was sitting 2 foot from him and Ann last week,  trust me to choose the wrong week to do the European lounge 🙃 

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Davenport's name came from the same guy who suggested a Championship CM was coming up for talks.

Indeed. Few names banded, but Davenport’s sticks out for that reason.

15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If this is the same guy then this looks more like a Levein type signing.

Injury hit career. 36 appearances in four years. Scored one goal.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20223686.jacob-davenport-reflects-very-opportunities-blackburn-rovers/

He is only 23 and might be worth a short deal to see what he can do.

Davenport will be up on Monday for signing talks. No idea if he’ll be at the game today, but the talks are scheduled for Monday.

Have been told he visited Oriam a few weeks ago and was very impressed.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Indeed. Few names banded, but Davenport’s sticks out for that reason.

I got the impression that's the player he was talking about in the first place.

It's usually the random, one-off ITK information that comes from non-ITK posters that makes me pay the most attention. Also the type of player we usually target so it has the ring of truth to me.

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20223686.jacob-davenport-reflects-very-opportunities-blackburn-rovers/

Did worry me a little when I saw that too. At the end of the day Blackburn chose to let him go, which has to give you pause for thought.

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I got the impression that's the player he was talking about in the first place.

It's usually the random, one-off ITK information that comes from non-ITK posters that makes me pay the most attention. Also the type of player we usually target so it has the ring of truth to me.

There are certain posters I pay attention to, like johnking123 and Jamboj1, as they are honest in their lack of knowledge just as much as giving some tidbits here and there. But you are correct, random one off posters make you notice. Could easily be bull mind you.

Jambo 4 Ever
29 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hope it’s not him 

he’s only scored 1 goal I think

Jambo 4 Ever
12 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Davenport will be up on Monday for signing talks. No idea if he’ll be at the game today, but the talks are scheduled for Monday.

Have been told he visited Oriam a few weeks ago and was very impressed.

He’s not all that good though 

surely we can get better 

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Hope it’s not him 

he’s only scored 1 goal I think

Stephen Kingsley had only 1 career goal prior to us 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

He’s a defender though 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

surely we can get better 

Have you watched him play often?

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Killed folk on the motorway a few years back, apologies Luke if I have it wrong 

Wrong Luke.

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Baningime is the same age and had 3 senior appearances and 0 goals for Wigan and Blackburn in the 3 years before we signed him. He wasn't a Levein signing.

From the little I can gather, Blackburn fans seemed to be mildly positive towards him, questioning why he wasn't getting more of a chance and comparing his (limited) performances favourably with others in his position. Some were tipping him to go to a lower Championship team and Reading were having a look recently.

If I was looking for a Hearts analogue it'd probably be McEneff. Not necessarily a bad player, just better players in his position. Only he's 3/4 years younger and didn't have a run of games in a lower division to prove himself.

Not an exciting signing on paper, but could be a good bit of business as we've seen with Baningime.

2 minutes ago, feej said:

According to transfermkt Devenport's a defensive midfielder, thought we after a centre or attacking mid?

We'll need both. Neilson likes ball-winners in the midfield two and Devlin and Haring are our only decent options currently without moving others out of position. Can't have the two of them playing 90 minutes two games a week til November.

18 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

surely we can get better 

It’s not me that’s signing him, mate.

• Moderators

We're going to re-start removing posters who continue spamming this thread.

If your post is not about Hearts transfer activity then please don't post it.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Baningime is the same age and had 3 senior appearances and 0 goals for Wigan and Blackburn in the 3 years before we signed him. He wasn't a Levein signing.

From the little I can gather, Blackburn fans seemed to be mildly positive towards him, questioning why he wasn't getting more of a chance and comparing his (limited) performances favourably with others in his position. Some were tipping him to go to a lower Championship team and Reading were having a look recently.

If I was looking for a Hearts analogue it'd probably be McEneff. Not necessarily a bad player, just better players in his position. Only he's 3/4 years younger and didn't have a run of games in a lower division to prove himself.

Not an exciting signing on paper, but could be a good bit of business as we've seen with Baningime.

We'll need both. Neilson likes ball-winners in the midfield two and Devlin and Haring are our only decent options currently without moving others out of position. Can't have the two of them playing 90 minutes two games a week til November.

Squad filler signing then. Regardless he'll get my backing.

4 minutes ago, feej said:

Squad filler signing then. Regardless he'll get my backing.

I don't see it that way. Competition/potential first pick rather than back-up.

3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I don't see it that way. Competition/potential first pick rather than back-up.

Suppose my comment was based on not seeing him play to be honest, hope is decent then.

Edited by feej

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Zaba definitely posts with confidence.

It doesn’t seem like an obvious choice or an obvious signing that is better than we have (which I understand is the objective of our final signings of the window).

Also not the sort of name that is outrageous so it doesn’t seem like a wind up.

That being said Man City insisted on first option buy back for him when he was 19 so there must be something there (unless they do that with most transfers).

We’ll find out soon enough.

8 minutes ago, daveydal said:

Looks handy 👍 certainly more what we need than Davenport imo

Davenport is a similar type player to Devlin and Beni. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Davenport is a similar type player to Devlin and Beni. 

Appears Aberdeen were interested in him in June according to some media reports.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sibbick is still a unproven midfielder. 

Sibbick is unproven full stop imo.

56 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

True however this guy is an attacking midfielder I believe.

22 minutes ago, feej said:

Suppose my comment was based on not seeing him play to be honest, hope is decent then.

I've not seen him either and he could well end up being shite. Just don't think his pedigree is worse than our current midfielders when we signed them and he'll be looking for regular football at this stage so I'd imagine he'll be seen as a potential first pick. Left-sided as well, so that adds a bit of balance.

Tommy Brown
37 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

True however this guy is an attacking midfielder I believe.

🙂

I know, just like posting about Kingsley's goal record.

I did post before about Grant's uninspiring record for goals and assists at Posh.

But seeing him play last against Crawley, I have good hopes for him.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***